[1.4] RJW Animation Framework

... huh... can't say i ever expected this to be a thing, being realistic... But i'm not disappointed either.

As much as RimWorld's place-holder Pawn art-style isn't the least bit pleasant to the eye, as long as this mod doesn't overwrite the rendering of the bodies ala Facial Stuff, you can probably toss in one of the body mods and this would be much better off.

Honestly surprised you've managed to pull this off. Is this due to 1.1's modding ease update, or did you spend a long time trying to get this to cooperate with the game?

9 minutes ago, red3dred said:

... huh... can't say i ever expected this to be a thing, being realistic... But i'm not disappointed either.

As much as RimWorld's place-holder Pawn art-style isn't the least bit pleasant to the eye, as long as this mod doesn't overwrite the rendering of the bodies ala Facial Stuff, you can probably toss in one of the body mods and this would be much better off.

Honestly surprised you've managed to pull this off. Is this due to 1.1's modding ease update, or did you spend a long time trying to get this to cooperate with the game?

It works the same way Facial Stuff's walking animations work, using keyframes and simplecurves to lerp between each. Currently it's not compatible with Facial Stuff, but it should just be a matter of tweaking my patches in pawnrenderer to pass the rotations and transforms, at least with hands and feet disabled.

It took some code to write the structure of the animationdefs, but altogether not too bad. I really need to work on some kind of animation creation window... my current workflow for creating an anim is making the keyframes in Photoshop, measuring things out and transferring the angles and positions into my defs.

8 hours ago, Drakeen said:

How do I get the animations to activate? Does it not activate in bed?

I'm still working on creating anims for now. Currently there's only one, and you can play it by doing a rape (easy to test). You can only call it by using a male pawn to rape a female pawn, because I still haven't put in a default when there's no available anim. It'll null reference error if you try to rape with different genders.

10 hours ago, TwistedNoir said:

If it messes with the pawn rendering, it probably isn't compatible with Show Hair With Hats (a requirement for many new races) then neither. Dang. Looks neat regardless.

I only change positions and rotations. It should be easy to patch.

2 hours ago, fsadfsad said:

This is something I've thought of many times for but never saw as something likely to happen.

I was just curious and looked at how Facial Stuff did their anims and thought, "hey, this looks like something I could do for RJW."

...I guess I was only caught up with whether I could that I never stopped to think whether I should :P

5 minutes ago, Algen said:

I'm a little lost, how do you install the mod? I only get the old RJW, doesn't matter if I have both of them installed, only this or anything, maybe a mod conflict?

Make sure to download from branch 1.1 and not master. Also, it's currently standalone, don't install rjw from ed86 alongside it. I'm still thinking about whether to make it standalone or try to merge.

Also, mods that change RenderPawnInternal may not work, so hair with hats, HumanoidAlienRaces, etc. It's still in an early state and I plan on adding compatibility later.

7 minutes ago, platinumspoons said:

Also, mods that change RenderPawnInternal may not work, so hair with hats, HumanoidAlienRaces, etc. It's still in an early state and I plan on adding compatibility later.

HumanoidAlienRaces was the problem, thought it was compatible, it seems that for now I will play with humans only, thanks for the hard work and the fast answer anyway, Platinum

10 minutes ago, Algen said:

HumanoidAlienRaces was the problem, thought it was compatible, it seems that for now I will play with humans only, thanks for the hard work and the fast answer anyway, Platinum

Can confirm that it does work with Alien Races that don't use fancy renderers. Garam most certainly will break it though;

I can confirm because i've enabled the available animations for all my humanoid races on my end and it works fine!