Jump to content

[AAF] "The Fucking Manual" ~ Adult oriented setup guide ~ 30/June/2026).


Recommended Posts

Posted
21 hours ago, Trailbandit said:

I haven't build any male bodies in bodyslide. I didn't even realize I needed to because it all worked out of the box after installation. I'll keep this in mind though. It's important to know. If I need to I can just batch build all BodyTalk files right?

Also: If things are working without manually building the bodies. Should I still build them anyway?

 

I think that will result in a "rigid" penis which doesn't morph to the erection angles some animation metadata may specify. Though you'll still see the penis deform from any animations which animate the penis bones, so it might not be completely obvious. Still, I could imagine this would cause some offset/mismatch issues between pegs and holes.

 

21 hours ago, Trailbandit said:

I'm not exactly sure how many of my mods are script intensive, but I wager it's a fair number.

Even though I'm skeptical as to if this could be the reason for it to happen systematically, now that it got back to "normal" at least that could very well be the reason I still get a few softies every now and then,

I actually tested and got a scene were only one of the numerous males had a problem. Which does point to a non systematic, cause (as a script not firing would be) So good advice there.

 

You'll find some mods can inadvertently leave copies of script running they meant to terminate, and these "script leaks" can pile up over time, which might explain why reverting to an earlier save with the same mod list was behaving more consistently.

Posted
On 6/21/2021 at 1:16 AM, Trailbandit said:

Hello again, first of all: I still can't access the discord server, and I can't tell if it's something I'm doing wrong.

Is there any chance this is because of limitation due to ISPs? Is anyone else having this problem? It will just not load messages,  it will just endlessly sit like that.

Have you read and accepted AAF server rules? Because before you do that, you have no access to channels.

Posted
14 hours ago, vaultbait said:

 

I think that will result in a "rigid" penis which doesn't morph to the erection angles some animation metadata may specify. Though you'll still see the penis deform from any animations which animate the penis bones, so it might not be completely obvious. Still, I could imagine this would cause some offset/mismatch issues between pegs and holes.

 

I see, understandable. I see all the morph files do exist (opened them with outfit studio and the check out) So I think I'm good. I might attempt to slightly modify the up morph to solve some slight misalignment in some poses, I just hope this doesn't mess up others. But I'll keep back-ups to the nifs So i think I'll be safe.

 

14 hours ago, vaultbait said:

You'll find some mods can inadvertently leave copies of script running they meant to terminate, and these "script leaks" can pile up over time, which might explain why reverting to an earlier save with the same mod list was behaving more consistently.

Makes sense. We'll I suppose I can't really do much about that If i want to run my mods so figers crossed this doesn't get "stuck" again and I don't notice it. Oh well...

 

 

5 hours ago, Lilimorphine said:

Have you read and accepted AAF server rules? Because before you do that, you have no access to channels.


oops... that might be it... I just followed the discord link and that's pretty much it ? I will look into that. Thanks!!!

Posted

Sad week for Fallout 4 players!

 

Popular FSM body textures on Nexusmods - DELETED...

 

And now...

 

Popular CWSS Redux v4 - Craftable Working Showers on Nexusmods - DELETED...

 

What the hell?!!

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, maddadicusrex said:

:frown:

So is the Universal working Bath and Shower Fixtures. 

Damn! I don't think I even knew about that one!

 

  

13 minutes ago, maddadicusrex said:

HI, MY NAME IS MIKE AND I AM A MOD HOARDER! :flushed: LOOKING FOR INTERVENTION!

I think we should declare this day to be a mod hoarders appreciation day. Mod hoarders to the rescue! :P

Edited by MrFuturehope
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, MrFuturehope said:

Sad week for Fallout 4 players!

 

Popular FSM body textures on Nexusmods - DELETED...

 

And now...

 

Popular CWSS Redux v4 - Craftable Working Showers on Nexusmods - DELETED...

 

What the hell?!!

Why or when did NEXUS or the mod author take down CWSS?  When?  He just updated it in January.  Usually they hide the mod and explain why it disappeared.  The patches are still available.   It's too bad, CWSS was one of the great mods!

Edited by reconphil
Posted (edited)

I found this speculation/explanation on a search I did:  "... In the case of [CWSS], all of the author’s other mods are deleted so there is good chance he just wanted to quit the modding scene and decided to delete his mods. It’s annoying for players and I don’t feel like this is how leaving modding should be handled but a mod will always be the author’s property so he’s free to do whatever he wants with it."  

Edited by reconphil
Posted
28 minutes ago, reconphil said:

Why or when did NEXUS or the mod author take down CWSS?  When?  He just updated it in January.  Usually they hide the mod and explain why it disappeared.  The patches are still available.   It's too bad, CWSS was one of the great mods!

It was deleted most likely yesterday or day before, depends on your time zone, but let's just say recently. Vortex always tells me which mods couldn't be checked for updates and I always check the links manually when I see that report, so that's how I found these mods are now gone. I know that mod authors sometimes hide the mods to make some changes to them, but this is not the case, because it said that the mod couldn't be found and there's also that "- DELETED" added to the title. As to why this happens or who does this, I don't know, but in both cases of deleted mods I mentioned in my previous post it's mods tagged as adult content...

Posted
12 minutes ago, MrFuturehope said:

It was deleted most likely yesterday or day before, depends on your time zone, but let's just say recently. Vortex always tells me which mods couldn't be checked for updates and I always check the links manually when I see that report, so that's how I found these mods are now gone. I know that mod authors sometimes hide the mods to make some changes to them, but this is not the case, because it said that the mod couldn't be found and there's also that "- DELETED" added to the title. As to why this happens or who does this, I don't know, but in both cases of deleted mods I mentioned in my previous post it's mods tagged as adult content...

I posted earlier a response I found when I searched it.  Apparently Steve40 deleted all his mods.  I think he's in Australia.  

Posted (edited)

Nexus changed their mod deletion policy, and Steve40 and possibly others have deleted their entire mod pages in protest. Basically, new Nexus policy is you can no longer delete individual files, only archive them or delete the entire page. Archives might be hideable, but Nexus wants to create a more stable file system for mod collections and mod lists. Archives cannot be downloaded via anything except when a mod list installer (like Wabbajack) specifically calls for it, but it is still highly controversial.

There is some talk among the Fallout mod authors about creating an alternative site, with a focus of creating one nexus-like alternative site with a focus on mod author protections, instead of mods being released all across the web. 

Part of the controversy is how this change has been presented, basically it arrived unannounced and Nexus's discussion of it focused heavily on the mod collection/list aspect, which was already unpopular with some mod authors

Edited by candied_skull
Posted
1 hour ago, candied_skull said:

Nexus changed their mod deletion policy, and Steve40 and possibly others have deleted their entire mod pages in protest. Basically, new Nexus policy is you can no longer delete individual files, only archive them or delete the entire page. Archives might be hideable, but Nexus wants to create a more stable file system for mod collections and mod lists. Archives cannot be downloaded via anything except when a mod list installer (like Wabbajack) specifically calls for it, but it is still highly controversial.

There is some talk among the Fallout mod authors about creating an alternative site, with a focus of creating one nexus-like alternative site with a focus on mod author protections, instead of mods being released all across the web. 

Part of the controversy is how this change has been presented, basically it arrived unannounced and Nexus's discussion of it focused heavily on the mod collection/list aspect, which was already unpopular with some mod authors

 

Yep, a number of other prominent mod resource authors, e.g. TBOS, have started hiding their mod pages on Nexus now over it. the Wabbajack madness has begun to spill over to here too, with users asking in various support threads to have outdated versions of things the authors would rather not support reuploaded because they're baked into some random modpack. It should be quite okay to tell modpack users to get stuffed, learn to read, and work it out for themselves. Mod authors are gifting their time and creativity to the community, and shouldn't be reduced to baby-sitting the technically illiterate. Especially when those users are paying the modpack authors who are profiting off the generosity of the mod authors whose work they're merely aggregating.

Posted
11 hours ago, vaultbait said:

 

Yep, a number of other prominent mod resource authors, e.g. TBOS, have started hiding their mod pages on Nexus now over it. the Wabbajack madness has begun to spill over to here too, with users asking in various support threads to have outdated versions of things the authors would rather not support reuploaded because they're baked into some random modpack. It should be quite okay to tell modpack users to get stuffed, learn to read, and work it out for themselves. Mod authors are gifting their time and creativity to the community, and shouldn't be reduced to baby-sitting the technically illiterate. Especially when those users are paying the modpack authors who are profiting off the generosity of the mod authors whose work they're merely aggregating.

I thought modpacks were somewhat out of bounds for all gaming forums plus the fact that most are wonky at best. Not sure it makes financial sense but is there a cheapskate way to copyright for mod authors to copyright their property. Maybe if they could blanket copyright anything downloaded at an author created site?

Posted
55 minutes ago, maddadicusrex said:

I thought modpacks were somewhat out of bounds for all gaming forums plus the fact that most are wonky at best. Not sure it makes financial sense but is there a cheapskate way to copyright for mod authors to copyright their property. Maybe if they could blanket copyright anything downloaded at an author created site?

I, for one, am really sad to see Steve40 pull his mods.  His were very stable and worked well over a broad spectrum.  He is a very talented mod author.

Posted
6 hours ago, maddadicusrex said:

I thought modpacks were somewhat out of bounds for all gaming forums plus the fact that most are wonky at best. Not sure it makes financial sense but is there a cheapskate way to copyright for mod authors to copyright their property. Maybe if they could blanket copyright anything downloaded at an author created site?

 

[Not a lawyer but I deal with this constantly in $DAYJOB] The mod scene would need to mature a lot to leverage copyright licensing to that end; in particular it's probably hamstrung by nearly all mods being derivative works of the games being modded, which aren't distributed under any particularly permissive license. If someone like Bethesda wanted to sue mod authors over copyright infringement they probably could in many jurisdictions. As a result, mod authors don't have much of a leg to stand on when trying to claim copyright over their own derivative work unless the copyright holder of the game explicitly grants them that latitude.

Posted

Ok so I'm running into an issue which is real confusing. The game seems to have f4se installed. When I load a save it starts with the error $no_f4se, and starting a new game gives me an infinite loading screen which goes away when I hit enter (I assume because this error shows up but is hidden by the black screen, meaning hitting enter dismisses the message). When I type getf4seversion in the console after it loads with this error, it gives me the right version. I've ran f4se and sse many times before, and added the F4SE scripts as a mod in MO2, but not sure why it's not actually working in game. MCM opens and I can open it and adjust values when the game starts, but when anything really reliant on SE is required (my example was FallUI), it doesn't work giving me vanilla version instead. The game didn't even crash from that, but rather when I was running to the shelter shortly after talking to the salesman. 

 

I am running it from the F4SE button in MO2 and confirmed it's using the correct loader link. A scan of this chat didn't give me anything, but does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Posted
On 6/26/2021 at 1:08 AM, vaultbait said:

 

Yep, a number of other prominent mod resource authors, e.g. TBOS, have started hiding their mod pages on Nexus now over it. the Wabbajack madness has begun to spill over to here too, with users asking in various support threads to have outdated versions of things the authors would rather not support reuploaded because they're baked into some random modpack. It should be quite okay to tell modpack users to get stuffed, learn to read, and work it out for themselves. Mod authors are gifting their time and creativity to the community, and shouldn't be reduced to baby-sitting the technically illiterate. Especially when those users are paying the modpack authors who are profiting off the generosity of the mod authors whose work they're merely aggregating.

 

A brief followup, even though it's fairly off-topic for this thread... as a Vortex user who regularly hit the "Check for Updates" button to see if mods installed from Nexus have new versions available, the error list for mods I've got installed but are now hidden/deleted continues to grow. Some are including a hide reason with a link to the An important notice and our future plans for collections post on Nexus news, which seems to be exploding with comments (mostly from users annoyed their fave mod authors are going on strike or looking for a new place to set up shop).

Posted

Excuse me, i got a problem to start up Raider Pet quest, can't trigger the quest by talking to that guy in the Sanctuary(He gives me a note though), can't trigger the quest by surrendering to a raider at the Corvega assembly plant too, even startquest raiderpetdialoguequest didn't give me the quest. 

did I miss something?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...