Jump to content

[AAF] "The Fucking Manual" ~ Adult oriented setup guide ~ 29/September/2026).


Recommended Posts

Posted
4 hours ago, Sabrehawke55 said:

Not to sound like an idiot but I see

 

Fallout4Custom.InI.baked

 

and

 

Fallout4Custom.Ini.base

If you look closely there are several different types of files the one you want is called fallout4custom you know its the right file by the small gear like wheel on the left side of the icon.

edit that file with notepad and add the lines in the the intructions you are following. you can copy and paste those lines or type them in be sure to save the file when done adding the lines. Hope this helps.

Posted

Awesome manual, very detailed, thank you. only one issue, the game stops/ crashes at looksmenu (1.6.18), when I click on clothes. this doesn't happen using looksmenu latest version, but then the penis disappears and a bunch of other issues (which you mentioned in the guide). I hope there is a fix to it, if not im fine with customizing NPC bodies while the clothes on, and im just glad most of the other stuff which I used to fuck up a lot are now working thanks to this guide.

Posted
1 hour ago, dragonshin said:

Awesome manual, very detailed, thank you. only one issue, the game stops/ crashes at looksmenu (1.6.18), when I click on clothes. this doesn't happen using looksmenu latest version, but then the penis disappears and a bunch of other issues (which you mentioned in the guide). I hope there is a fix to it, if not im fine with customizing NPC bodies while the clothes on, and im just glad most of the other stuff which I used to fuck up a lot are now working thanks to this guide.

 

It's not breaking like that for the rest of us, you're probably going to want to ask in one of the help channels on the AAF Discord and get assistance troubleshooting whatever is causing your issue.

Posted
2 hours ago, vaultbait said:

 

It's not breaking like that for the rest of us, you're probably going to want to ask in one of the help channels on the AAF Discord and get assistance troubleshooting whatever is causing your issue.

I'm using atomic muscle with skeletons installed exactly according to this guide to avoid conflict. I'll check out the discord, ty.

Posted
9 minutes ago, dragonshin said:

I'm using atomic muscle with skeletons installed exactly according to this guide to avoid conflict. I'll check out the discord, ty.

 

For what it's worth, I recently also switched from BT3 to AM and use LM 1.6.20 (even though the guide says not to use anything after 1.6.18, guess I'm a maverick), and penises don't disappear for me, so it is possible to make the combination you mention work as expected.

Posted
6 hours ago, dragonshin said:

Awesome manual, very detailed, thank you. only one issue, the game stops/ crashes at looksmenu (1.6.18), when I click on clothes. this doesn't happen using looksmenu latest version, but then the penis disappears and a bunch of other issues (which you mentioned in the guide). I hope there is a fix to it, if not im fine with customizing NPC bodies while the clothes on, and im just glad most of the other stuff which I used to fuck up a lot are now working thanks to this guide.

If you are talking about standing at themirror start you might need to do your facial changes then wait until you are ready to leave etc to do the body changes.

Posted
2 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

If you are talking about standing at themirror start you might need to do your facial changes then wait until you are ready to leave etc to do the body changes.

I run on a clean non modded save, like 90% completed to test my mods. no mirror standing, just slm 14.

 

4 hours ago, vaultbait said:

 

For what it's worth, I recently also switched from BT3 to AM and use LM 1.6.20 (even though the guide says not to use anything after 1.6.18, guess I'm a maverick), and penises don't disappear for me, so it is possible to make the combination you mention work as expected.

I'll try that

Posted
8 minutes ago, dragonshin said:

I run on a clean non modded save, like 90% completed to test my mods. no mirror standing, just slm 14.

 

I'll try that

 

Well, try to get it working with LM 1.6.18 since that's what this guide recommends, you'll have more luck getting support on the AAF Discord if you're following the guide. I was just pointing out that others don't seem to be getting a CTD with LM 1.6.18, and I'm not getting the missing AM penises you mentioned even though I'm using LM 1.6.20 like you tried, so clearly there's something else going on in your particular load-out and/or system.

Posted
13 hours ago, dragonshin said:

Awesome manual, very detailed, thank you. only one issue, the game stops/ crashes at looksmenu (1.6.18), when I click on clothes. this doesn't happen using looksmenu latest version, but then the penis disappears and a bunch of other issues (which you mentioned in the guide). I hope there is a fix to it, if not im fine with customizing NPC bodies while the clothes on, and im just glad most of the other stuff which I used to fuck up a lot are now working thanks to this guide.

 

I just started digging into modded Fallout 4, and I was having much the same problem.  Went through the install process as listed here, but any time I went into character creation and would start trying to modify a character - FO4 would freeze.  Tried fighting through reordering and all sorts of stuff. 

 

My eventual work around was to disable Buffout 4.  Listed as required, but in my searches I saw references to problems with it.  With Buffout 4 disabled, I had zero problems getting through character creation, and looksmenu ended up working as expected.  A

 

After creation, I turned Buffout 4 back on, and have zero problems with playing - seems just to be a problem between looksmenu (1.6.18, yes) and current Buffout 4.

 

Hope that helps - not a fix, but it was a workaround that got me through the initial pains.

Posted
9 hours ago, Bigglsby said:

 

I just started digging into modded Fallout 4, and I was having much the same problem.  Went through the install process as listed here, but any time I went into character creation and would start trying to modify a character - FO4 would freeze.  Tried fighting through reordering and all sorts of stuff. 

 

My eventual work around was to disable Buffout 4.  Listed as required, but in my searches I saw references to problems with it.  With Buffout 4 disabled, I had zero problems getting through character creation, and looksmenu ended up working as expected.  A

 

After creation, I turned Buffout 4 back on, and have zero problems with playing - seems just to be a problem between looksmenu (1.6.18, yes) and current Buffout 4.

 

Hope that helps - not a fix, but it was a workaround that got me through the initial pains.

 

That would definitely explain why I've never seen it. I do a completely mod-free speed run to the vault entrance, save there, then restart with all my usual mods enabled and exit the vault, using the character (re-)creation at that point in the game to set a name, stats and apply my face/body preset. I just keep and reuse the unmodded vault entrance save (pretty much only ever remaking it if I accidentally delete it), but there are also supposedly similar saves available to download on Nexus for those who don't want to take the extra 15 minutes to make one themselves.

Posted
11 hours ago, Bigglsby said:

 

I just started digging into modded Fallout 4, and I was having much the same problem.  Went through the install process as listed here, but any time I went into character creation and would start trying to modify a character - FO4 would freeze.  Tried fighting through reordering and all sorts of stuff. 

 

My eventual work around was to disable Buffout 4.  Listed as required, but in my searches I saw references to problems with it.  With Buffout 4 disabled, I had zero problems getting through character creation, and looksmenu ended up working as expected.  A

 

After creation, I turned Buffout 4 back on, and have zero problems with playing - seems just to be a problem between looksmenu (1.6.18, yes) and current Buffout 4.

 

Hope that helps - not a fix, but it was a workaround that got me through the initial pains.

I guess im that guy lol, disabling buffout4 didn't help for me. I'm trying to rearrange and disable mods in hope i discover what mod is causing this, probably a combination of them, but with so much installed, it's like a puzzle.

Posted
2 hours ago, vaultbait said:

 

That would definitely explain why I've never seen it. I do a completely mod-free speed run to the vault entrance, save there, then restart with all my usual mods enabled and exit the vault, using the character (re-)creation at that point in the game to set a name, stats and apply my face/body preset. I just keep and reuse the unmodded vault entrance save (pretty much only ever remaking it if I accidentally delete it), but there are also supposedly similar saves available to download on Nexus for those who don't want to take the extra 15 minutes to make one themselves.

 

2 hours ago, vaultbait said:

 

That would definitely explain why I've never seen it. I do a completely mod-free speed run to the vault entrance, save there, then restart with all my usual mods enabled and exit the vault, using the character (re-)creation at that point in the game to set a name, stats and apply my face/body preset. I just keep and reuse the unmodded vault entrance save (pretty much only ever remaking it if I accidentally delete it), but there are also supposedly similar saves available to download on Nexus for those who don't want to take the extra 15 minutes to make one themselves.

since everything works fine, I'll just go with striping my characters down before customization so i wont have to click clothes.

Posted

Can someone please explain too me why is it every NPC is counted as a dom to the player character if you chose to play as Nora? like i have the mods setup for F+F   but EVERY God Damn other NPC is for some unknown reason to me, counted as the aggressor, why what fucking gives i have searched through every mod, and the only thing i can find is the AAF Gender selector, but even then the fucking PENIS Never shows if i change the Female character to be counted as male ect. i'm pulling my hair out at this time over this bs The modders never care to address in any mod descriptions   a good way to at least state something along the lines of "oh hey i made this mod, its a good one, but eh unless you have a male character, you'll always be the bitch in any AFF scene, so enjoy ;D"   Like holy shit. i don't wanna piss anyone off but how or WHY, yeah WHY is every AAF animation for Female on female action You are counted as the receiver of everything, Why were none of those AAF mods specifically centered around the main fucking character being an aggressor, instead each scene each animation Everything that involves having a female character, no matter what mod is installed you happen to end up being the one to take every fucking cock in the commonwealth.

So I am posting this venting as i ask, Is there a Mod that is 100% fully compatible with AAF That makes NORA the female protagonist, the main character, the player, YOU the one that is NOT THE NPC. a fucking Dom, aggressor, top. and by every right, the one DICKING DOWN, the female NPC's of the commonwealth?   

If not no sweat. but if there is ;/ oh by the love of the great divines, please drop some links...  I fucking beg of you.

Posted
8 hours ago, xEightsx said:

Can someone please explain too me why is it every NPC is counted as a dom to the player character if you chose to play as Nora? like i have the mods setup for F+F   but EVERY God Damn other NPC is for some unknown reason to me, counted as the aggressor, why what fucking gives i have searched through every mod, and the only thing i can find is the AAF Gender selector, but even then the fucking PENIS Never shows if i change the Female character to be counted as male ect. i'm pulling my hair out at this time over this bs The modders never care to address in any mod descriptions   a good way to at least state something along the lines of "oh hey i made this mod, its a good one, but eh unless you have a male character, you'll always be the bitch in any AFF scene, so enjoy ;D"   Like holy shit. i don't wanna piss anyone off but how or WHY, yeah WHY is every AAF animation for Female on female action You are counted as the receiver of everything, Why were none of those AAF mods specifically centered around the main fucking character being an aggressor, instead each scene each animation Everything that involves having a female character, no matter what mod is installed you happen to end up being the one to take every fucking cock in the commonwealth.

So I am posting this venting as i ask, Is there a Mod that is 100% fully compatible with AAF That makes NORA the female protagonist, the main character, the player, YOU the one that is NOT THE NPC. a fucking Dom, aggressor, top. and by every right, the one DICKING DOWN, the female NPC's of the commonwealth?   

If not no sweat. but if there is ;/ oh by the love of the great divines, please drop some links...  I fucking beg of you.

I haved played as a female character for a very long time and most times I get to be positioned how I want.  AAF  is only an engine for the animations. Other mods handle all the details. Are you using a random sex mod? Some are male aggressive. Some actually offer a choice to you when sex is called. Some animation packs have no lesbian animations or very few. Patches like Indarello's and others reuse male/female animations into female/female using strapons. Mostly it is the various patches that are causing your "grief" and they can be worked around.

Posted
14 hours ago, Geomancer99 said:

Ty for the guide, i just uninstalled the game and asked for a refund

too much work to make it fun

Not true, it is often what we do not know that makes it not fun to play. Patience, ability to read everything, learn everything, follow directions, and daring to try, fail, and try again, makes this a fun game. Come back later. Game not going anywhere.

Posted
13 hours ago, xEightsx said:

Can someone please explain too me why is it every NPC is counted as a dom to the player character if you chose to play as Nora? like i have the mods setup for F+F   but EVERY God Damn other NPC is for some unknown reason to me, counted as the aggressor, why what fucking gives i have searched through every mod, and the only thing i can find is the AAF Gender selector, but even then the fucking PENIS Never shows if i change the Female character to be counted as male ect. i'm pulling my hair out at this time over this bs The modders never care to address in any mod descriptions   a good way to at least state something along the lines of "oh hey i made this mod, its a good one, but eh unless you have a male character, you'll always be the bitch in any AFF scene, so enjoy ;D"   Like holy shit. i don't wanna piss anyone off but how or WHY, yeah WHY is every AAF animation for Female on female action You are counted as the receiver of everything, Why were none of those AAF mods specifically centered around the main fucking character being an aggressor, instead each scene each animation Everything that involves having a female character, no matter what mod is installed you happen to end up being the one to take every fucking cock in the commonwealth.

So I am posting this venting as i ask, Is there a Mod that is 100% fully compatible with AAF That makes NORA the female protagonist, the main character, the player, YOU the one that is NOT THE NPC. a fucking Dom, aggressor, top. and by every right, the one DICKING DOWN, the female NPC's of the commonwealth?   

If not no sweat. but if there is ;/ oh by the love of the great divines, please drop some links...  I fucking beg of you.

You can try my patch and changes for strapon mod that will also allow to be futa if you like, and with this https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/11585-aaf-gender-select/

You can become counted as male in AAF (be carefull it is rather buggy and sometimes you cant return back to female) 

And then turn on gender setting back

 

Also the role of player in scenes is decided by mods that run aaf animations, aaf just recieve call to run some scene with player as reciever, but in my addon for lovers mod as far as I remember I set random player or follower to be a reciever, you can try it (without being counted as male) 

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/11844-immersive-lovers-embrace-remastered-sex-patch/

 

 

Posted

looking for some help with installing. i've been reading this helpful guide and went with mod organizer v2.4.2 but have hit a bump when i try to install step:

when i use mo2 to install this file, it says "installation as fomod failed: no conditions where successful in an 'or' clause!" and follows up with another message saying "something went wrong while installing this mod" then the installation is aborted. any helpful advice is appreciated.

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, dorvan said:

looking for some help with installing. i've been reading this helpful guide and went with mod organizer v2.4.2 but have hit a bump when i try to install step:

when i use mo2 to install this file, it says "installation as fomod failed: no conditions where successful in an 'or' clause!" and follows up with another message saying "something went wrong while installing this mod" then the installation is aborted. any helpful advice is appreciated.

 

The FOMOD installer for Themes checks for the AAF ESP, I believe. Try making sure AAF is installed and its plugin activated before proceeding with the Themes install.

 

Edit: Also you'll likely get better and more timely help with questions like this on the AAF Discord (disclaimer: I'm a Vortex user, so am blindly guessing where MO2 is concerned).

Edited by vaultbait
Posted
9 hours ago, vaultbait said:

 

The FOMOD installer for Themes checks for the AAF ESP, I believe. Try making sure AAF is installed and its plugin activated before proceeding with the Themes install.

 

Edit: Also you'll likely get better and more timely help with questions like this on the AAF Discord (disclaimer: I'm a Vortex user, so am blindly guessing where MO2 is concerned).

 

hey thanks you were right! once aaf was activated the installation went on as normal. thanks so much!

Posted (edited)

I have re-installed AAF since last week, after being absent for almost 2 years. NMM basically has ruined my Fallout 4 and TES V before I jumped into Vortex earlier this year.

 

After following this guide, installing, patching old stuffs for hours, I managed to get them to work, the character dance and does poses, the free camera works. But it was never gien a context, enemy factions kidnap the player, and they played animations, and that's it, the dialogue suggests that the animations never happened. I figured out that this must resulted from broken AAF installation where the previous versions of various intefering mods are not properly removed. I even found AAF.esp in it.

 

So I removed everything, does clean install, but now I am facing a brand new problem: sometimes the character is not detected, sometimes the home menu refuse to play scene at all, or the "scene" camera simply stuck / freeze the controls.

 

Undetected character is simply because of UI / HUD mod preventing AAF from initialising some of its routines

Inability to start scenes at all is simply because of jumbled configurations or XMLs, or wrong load order and improperly installed patches - e.g., you ticked Brave anims patches, yet you never install it.

 

After 5 days, now I managed to get things sorted. Yeah, it turns out to be buggier than my previous configuration, despite being a clean install LOL.

 

Now one problem remains:

 

Control freeze when animation plays.

Basically, the AAF successfully put two character together, played the animation, but the camera simply stuck afloat. The player lose controls, except MCM hotkeys, console, and game menu button (Esc). I tried arrow or WASD keys, none of them working.

 

After the animation ended, the view remains stuck, opening the pip-boy, forcing the player to teleport to settlement and bring up workshop menu failed since the camera is stuck and holding the 'v' button does nothing.

 

I suspected Buffout 4 was the culprit, since this problem occured sometime after I patched it. Looking at their patch notes, they seem to have problems with inputs.

Quote
  • Version 1.24.5

    • Fix menu navigation with the left stick inside the pipboy
    • Disable input switch patch by default
  • Version 1.24.4

    • Fix an issue where input would get stuck after exiting the pipboy menu
  • Version 1.24.3

    • Fix a bug with constraining the cursor in the map menu
  • Version 1.24.2

    • Fix a bug where the cursor would show up in the pipboy when using the gamepad
  • Version 1.24.1

    • Fix an input switching bug related to the pipboy map
  • Version 1.24.0

    • Add InputSwitch patch
    • Update tbb redist

 

I don't know, but I might be missing something. I'm gonna keep trying and inform what happened.

Edited by Je3ky3z
added
Posted

just wanted to update from my other post and say i finally fixed my stuck camera during animations thanks to a thread i found while googling , i had no clue it was all because i had remapped my wasd to arrow key movement , remapping it back to wasd and using that during animations fixed it 100% for me 

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...