slysnakes Posted April 15, 2021 Posted April 15, 2021 Been trying to follow this guide, and I'm sure everything would be fine if it weren't for Buffout 4. I can't for the life of me get the game to launch with Buffout installed and I have no clue why. F4SE and the rest of its requirements are installed in the right places. I've hard reinstalled the game and Buffout several times, I've tried to change the load method in the xSE xml file, none of them work. I have the C++ Redists (both 32 and 64 bit) and have reinstalled/repaired them countless times to make this work. Nothing works, every time I try to launch the F4SE Loader it just stays on my screen and does nothing, meanwhile Fallout4.exe runs as a background app according to the task manager, but it just doesn't launch properly. Can anyone tell me what I may be doing wrong and how to fix this?
maddadicusrex Posted April 15, 2021 Posted April 15, 2021 6 hours ago, slysnakes said: Been trying to follow this guide, and I'm sure everything would be fine if it weren't for Buffout 4. I can't for the life of me get the game to launch with Buffout installed and I have no clue why. F4SE and the rest of its requirements are installed in the right places. I've hard reinstalled the game and Buffout several times, I've tried to change the load method in the xSE xml file, none of them work. I have the C++ Redists (both 32 and 64 bit) and have reinstalled/repaired them countless times to make this work. Nothing works, every time I try to launch the F4SE Loader it just stays on my screen and does nothing, meanwhile Fallout4.exe runs as a background app according to the task manager, but it just doesn't launch properly. Can anyone tell me what I may be doing wrong and how to fix this? You do not need Buffout as an absolute. Been playing without from the beginning. Try disabling it, then see about launching game.
vaultbait Posted April 15, 2021 Posted April 15, 2021 17 hours ago, slysnakes said: Been trying to follow this guide, and I'm sure everything would be fine if it weren't for Buffout 4. I can't for the life of me get the game to launch with Buffout installed and I have no clue why. F4SE and the rest of its requirements are installed in the right places. I've hard reinstalled the game and Buffout several times, I've tried to change the load method in the xSE xml file, none of them work. I have the C++ Redists (both 32 and 64 bit) and have reinstalled/repaired them countless times to make this work. Nothing works, every time I try to launch the F4SE Loader it just stays on my screen and does nothing, meanwhile Fallout4.exe runs as a background app according to the task manager, but it just doesn't launch properly. Can anyone tell me what I may be doing wrong and how to fix this? Make sure you've installed EVERYTHING Buffout 4 requires: F4SE, Address Library, xSE PluginPreloader, TBB Redistributables, MSVC++ Redistributable And no, it's not straightforward. Read about each one, make sure you install them the way they're supposed to be installed, some cannot be effectively installed with a mod manager of any sort. As others have also pointed out, it's not a hard requirement for AAF, but it will almost certainly result in a more stable game, will avoid crashes when AAF is combined with other mods which also alter the HUD, and gives you better logging when things do still end up crashing on you later. 3
yolomeme Posted April 16, 2021 Posted April 16, 2021 Okay, I'm completely lost with getting erections to work. Using BodySlide and BodyTalk, and have build the mesh (with the box checked) and the slider a 0 and at 1. Still completely soft. No idea what I'm doing wrong. Viagra mod when? 1
SkyAddiction Posted April 16, 2021 Posted April 16, 2021 On 4/15/2021 at 12:08 AM, slysnakes said: Been trying to follow this guide, and I'm sure everything would be fine if it weren't for Buffout 4. I can't for the life of me get the game to launch with Buffout installed and I have no clue why. F4SE and the rest of its requirements are installed in the right places. I've hard reinstalled the game and Buffout several times, I've tried to change the load method in the xSE xml file, none of them work. I have the C++ Redists (both 32 and 64 bit) and have reinstalled/repaired them countless times to make this work. Nothing works, every time I try to launch the F4SE Loader it just stays on my screen and does nothing, meanwhile Fallout4.exe runs as a background app according to the task manager, but it just doesn't launch properly. Can anyone tell me what I may be doing wrong and how to fix this? Try what I did here. It failed on me as well in the exact same way. I spent about an hour checking my installs (if it's not working, always assume you fucked up first) before I started rolling back the preloader. Turns out I had to revert several versions back to get it to work.
slysnakes Posted April 16, 2021 Posted April 16, 2021 6 hours ago, SkyAddiction said: Try what I did here. It failed on me as well in the exact same way. I spent about an hour checking my installs (if it's not working, always assume you fucked up first) before I started rolling back the preloader. Turns out I had to revert several versions back to get it to work. It worked, the game launched the way it should. Thank you so very much, you're fucking amazing! Now to follow the rest of the guide.
Zathuul Posted April 16, 2021 Posted April 16, 2021 I gotta redo everything again, I did a test run and npcs give huge lag spikes for some reason. I'm pretty sure it might be the texture mods I use, I'll try vanilla and see what it is.
Aylis Posted April 17, 2021 Posted April 17, 2021 Great list! This is the second time (first one was with RSE) this stuff really works without me having to tinker with it for days. Very well done! ? 1
vaultbait Posted April 17, 2021 Posted April 17, 2021 3 hours ago, IBO00000 said: Can you send me a video of how to activate AFF If you can't read and carefully follow this extremely detailed walkthrough article, you're going to have no luck getting AAF working. For that matter if you can't even spell the name of the mod, I doubt there's much a video is going to help you achieve. You can't cut and paste or follow links from video footage, so if anything you would have an even worse time if there were such a video. 2
maddadicusrex Posted April 18, 2021 Posted April 18, 2021 2 hours ago, vaultbait said: If you can't read and carefully follow this extremely detailed walkthrough article, you're going to have no luck getting AAF working. For that matter if you can't even spell the name of the mod, I doubt there's much a video is going to help you achieve. You can't cut and paste or follow links from video footage, so if anything you would have an even worse time if there were such a video. One wonders if there is even an age limit to this site? 1
slysnakes Posted April 18, 2021 Posted April 18, 2021 Hello, back again. Got an issue with the Leito F-F animations where the actor's places are switched and it looks kinda funny. Anyone know what might cause this and what might fix it? Staged Leito Plus is installed btw
loen999 Posted April 18, 2021 Posted April 18, 2021 4 hours ago, slysnakes said: Hello, back again. Got an issue with the Leito F-F animations where the actor's places are switched and it looks kinda funny. Anyone know what might cause this and what might fix it? Staged Leito Plus is installed btw have you install any animation patch like UAP or others? I think you may need patch to adjust position.
slysnakes Posted April 18, 2021 Posted April 18, 2021 10 hours ago, loen999 said: have you install any animation patch like UAP or others? I think you may need patch to adjust position. UAP is installed. Is there anything I should or shouldn't have checked off in the install?
SkyAddiction Posted April 18, 2021 Posted April 18, 2021 4 hours ago, slysnakes said: UAP is installed. Is there anything I should or shouldn't have checked off in the install? Is Staged Leito Plus (SLP) below/after UAP? Note that SLP is only needed if you have Beggar-Whore (B-W) installed. B-W is kind of its own thing, so if you don't plan on playing a weak character relying on survival sex in actual survival difficulty, use Sex 'Em Up for occasional whoring instead. Basically, B-W is a highly detailed roleplay mod. It's designed to be the top priority mod and isn't built with compatibility specifically in mind. While it does generally play nice with pretty much everything else, you'll still notice occasional oddities in animations and other mod interactions.
slysnakes Posted April 19, 2021 Posted April 19, 2021 22 hours ago, SkyAddiction said: Is Staged Leito Plus (SLP) below/after UAP? Note that SLP is only needed if you have Beggar-Whore (B-W) installed. B-W is kind of its own thing, so if you don't plan on playing a weak character relying on survival sex in actual survival difficulty, use Sex 'Em Up for occasional whoring instead. Basically, B-W is a highly detailed roleplay mod. It's designed to be the top priority mod and isn't built with compatibility specifically in mind. While it does generally play nice with pretty much everything else, you'll still notice occasional oddities in animations and other mod interactions. I did install SLP after UAP. Problem is, I can't just change the mod order of it since I'm using NMM (yes, I know) since I find MO2 confusing in terms of using Bodyslide files and stuff. I'll try to figure that out the next time I do a hard reinstall of Fallout 4 and mods, but for now I just wanna know what I should do to fix F-F animations with strapons. Suggestions?
SkyAddiction Posted April 19, 2021 Posted April 19, 2021 2 hours ago, slysnakes said: I did install SLP after UAP. Problem is, I can't just change the mod order of it since I'm using NMM (yes, I know) since I find MO2 confusing in terms of using Bodyslide files and stuff. I'll try to figure that out the next time I do a hard reinstall of Fallout 4 and mods, but for now I just wanna know what I should do to fix F-F animations with strapons. Suggestions? I don't really know? One or two have always bugged out for me if I'm using B-W and SLP, and they change with patch versions. Maybe search/ask in the SLP thread? Other than that, use MO2 if at all possible. The load order sorting is incredibly useful and will save you a lot of time and work. In MO2, Bodyslide just requires you to install it like a normal mod. Then click the gears icon in the top menu bar, click Bodyslide, navigate to the Bodyslide .exe in the Binary field, save, load it using the drop-down next to the Run button and click Run, then use it normally. Then CTRL-click Build when you build your meshes (remember to tick Build Morphs) so you can select the destination folder. Select the overwrite folder in your MO2 directory, then close Bodyslide when it's done. Right-click your overwrite mod at the bottom of the left pane, create a new mod, name it, move it, and enable it. Ya done! If you decide to rebuild, this is probably the best basic mod guide out there, but leave off DEF_UI and VIS_G Item sorting (use Bhaal's Better Sorting instead). UI mods are the #1 cause of crashes, so avoid them like the plague. That's what Buffout is for, but it's far safer to let AAF hog all the resources for UI. Your anims might also load faster. Oh, and don't use Raider Overhaul if you're planning on adding Raider Pet. Hopefully some of that helps? 1
izzyknows Posted April 20, 2021 Posted April 20, 2021 4 hours ago, slysnakes said: I did install SLP after UAP. Problem is, I can't just change the mod order of it since I'm using NMM Did you read Tentacus note about UAP no longer being compatible? Versions Matter! LOL
slysnakes Posted April 20, 2021 Posted April 20, 2021 3 hours ago, SkyAddiction said: I don't really know? One or two have always bugged out for me if I'm using B-W and SLP, and they change with patch versions. Maybe search/ask in the SLP thread? Other than that, use MO2 if at all possible. The load order sorting is incredibly useful and will save you a lot of time and work. In MO2, Bodyslide just requires you to install it like a normal mod. Then click the gears icon in the top menu bar, click Bodyslide, navigate to the Bodyslide .exe in the Binary field, save, load it using the drop-down next to the Run button and click Run, then use it normally. Then CTRL-click Build when you build your meshes (remember to tick Build Morphs) so you can select the destination folder. Select the overwrite folder in your MO2 directory, then close Bodyslide when it's done. Right-click your overwrite mod at the bottom of the left pane, create a new mod, name it, move it, and enable it. Ya done! If you decide to rebuild, this is probably the best basic mod guide out there, but leave off DEF_UI and VIS_G Item sorting (use Bhaal's Better Sorting instead). UI mods are the #1 cause of crashes, so avoid them like the plague. That's what Buffout is for, but it's far safer to let AAF hog all the resources for UI. Your anims might also load faster. Oh, and don't use Raider Overhaul if you're planning on adding Raider Pet. Hopefully some of that helps? Awesome, thanks for the help! I'll be sure to install my mods like this next time. 1 hour ago, izzyknows said: Did you read Tentacus note about UAP no longer being compatible? Versions Matter! LOL Whoops, looks like I missed that. Thanks for pointing it out.
JodieHolmes Posted April 20, 2021 Posted April 20, 2021 I have followed this exact list a dozen times and it NEVER works. Either the bodies completely fuck up or the animations don't play. I have followed everything to the T and can't get it to work
Farsh-nuke Posted April 20, 2021 Posted April 20, 2021 6 hours ago, JodieHolmes said: I have followed this exact list a dozen times and it NEVER works. Either the bodies completely fuck up or the animations don't play. I have followed everything to the T and can't get it to work I sympathise but you have to consider 1. You might have mods installed which conflict. 2. even if you just have these mods and their dependencies your graphics card or operating system may have updated so they don't work. It is frustrating I know as I just want to get enough animations to work stably that I can use Raider Reform School, Just Business, Wasteland Dairy Framework, Its branch of Family Planning Enhanced and if possible Sex'em Up. So far as soon as I installed these I got a ctd, I uninstalled the animation files and it at least managed to load but still randomly crashed.
Farsh-nuke Posted April 20, 2021 Posted April 20, 2021 11 minutes ago, Farsh-nuke said: I sympathise but you have to consider 1. You might have mods installed which conflict. 2. even if you just have these mods and their dependencies your graphics card or operating system may have updated so they don't work. It is frustrating I know as I just want to get enough animations to work stably that I can use Raider Reform School, Just Business, Wasteland Dairy Framework, Its branch of Family Planning Enhanced and if possible Sex'em Up. So far as soon as I installed these I got a ctd, I uninstalled the animation files and it at least managed to load but still randomly crashed. Okay I was an idiot, thanks to this guide I realised I had enabled some animations I should have, I removed them and hey presto I can have the animations without a crash to desktop. Of course I don't know if the animations actually work yet because I was testing on a character just out of the vault but still at least it runs.
JodieHolmes Posted April 20, 2021 Posted April 20, 2021 16 minutes ago, Farsh-nuke said: I sympathise but you have to consider 1. You might have mods installed which conflict. 2. even if you just have these mods and their dependencies your graphics card or operating system may have updated so they don't work. It is frustrating I know as I just want to get enough animations to work stably that I can use Raider Reform School, Just Business, Wasteland Dairy Framework, Its branch of Family Planning Enhanced and if possible Sex'em Up. So far as soon as I installed these I got a ctd, I uninstalled the animation files and it at least managed to load but still randomly crashed. I just uninstalled Every Mod I have and will just reinstall the game. I will install these mods first and just hope for the best. The only other mods I was using was some texture mods, weather mods, and weapon mods. No other animation stuff. I might just go with one or two animation packs to start off with
Farsh-nuke Posted April 20, 2021 Posted April 20, 2021 3 minutes ago, JodieHolmes said: I just uninstalled Every Mod I have and will just reinstall the game. I will install these mods first and just hope for the best. The only other mods I was using was some texture mods, weather mods, and weapon mods. No other animation stuff. I might just go with one or two animation packs to start off with Yeah weather mods and texture mods are one of those things that seem small but can royally tank a system. I mean look at how terribly minecraft runs on high end systems. Hell I have a 3 grand gaming pc with 32 gig of ram and an nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 Ti and I have had to tell my system I need to run the game at less than optimal because I'd rather the processing was spending on actual game mechanics not looking pretty. Unless it's a lady, a lot of mods and processing is going on making ladies look pretty. To be clear I do have like 300 other mods besides these but again gaming pc, and a lot of crashes.
JodieHolmes Posted April 20, 2021 Posted April 20, 2021 4 minutes ago, Farsh-nuke said: Yeah weather mods and texture mods are one of those things that seem small but can royally tank a system. I mean look at how terribly minecraft runs on high end systems. Hell I have a 3 grand gaming pc with 32 gig of ram and an nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 Ti and I have had to tell my system I need to run the game at less than optimal because I'd rather the processing was spending on actual game mechanics not looking pretty. Unless it's a lady, a lot of mods and processing is going on making ladies look pretty. To be clear I do have like 300 other mods besides these but again gaming pc, and a lot of crashes. I have a laptop with an I7 and a 1070 Max-Q. I was able to run these mods last year but with them updating I now can't. I just don't know what the conflict is and Vortex sucks at letting you know what's wrong and so does Mod Organizer sometimes. Hopefully my third attempt at this works. Been trying for a week to get this running
Recommended Posts
Posted by DoctaSax,
Reputation Points
Go to this post
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now