On 3/26/2020 at 7:46 AM, Tentacus said:

Thanks, I worry that I annoy people dropping my random old art and stories here... heh. Sometimes I gotta do it for my sanity.

-------------------------------------------------

UPDATE/NOTE:

II was thinking about problems I need to address and one that came up is how some people keep complaining about Raider theft and something occurred to me. I'm not sure I've ever explicitly said (In this thread... probably did in the pre-release one): You can get your stuff back if you kill the raider that took it from you. Given the nature of templated NPCs it might be unwise to travel halfway across the map before you do it but in theory it should and usually does work if you don't wait too long.

Not like I don't have enough to do but since I'm finilizing Hardship's features it might be a good time to write a detailed manual.

That's true, and I like that. That I can get my stuff back from a raider that rips be me off. But, and this is a really big issue for me...I can't if I get ripped off by a settler. What... I should should him...and the 29 other settlers that will attack me? Sucks too because in FO4 they decided caps can't be dropped from your inventory and Stash Those Caps sucks balls. So now I have to save before having sex with a settler in case it turns out to be a rape and if I get ripped off, have to load the save. :(

Need to disable robbery from settlers via MCM or something.

12 minutes ago, Malphias said:

That's true, and I like that. That I can get my stuff back from a raider that rips be me off. But, and this is a really big issue for me...I can't if I get ripped off by a settler. What... I should should him...and the 29 other settlers that will attack me? Sucks too because in FO4 they decided caps can't be dropped from your inventory and Stash Those Caps sucks balls. So now I have to save before having sex with a settler in case it turns out to be a rape and if I get ripped off, have to load the save. :(

Need to disable robbery from settlers via MCM or something.

I've never had an issue with Stash those caps, but I do run an old version and replaced the single cap ground object with a stash box so maybe that colors my experience. I'll probably add seperate toggles for raider and customer theft in the final.

I will NEVER implement a system where only a percentage is stolen as IMO that is stupid... nobody would ever steal just "some" of your money :) 

I might also look into simply adding simple caps stashing as a feature to Hardship.... I've had Stash those Caps installed so long I just think of it as part of the game. Chances are my implementation would be much simpler and less buggy as I'd simply have a menu option to remove the caps in your inventory and drop a caps stash in the world with the equivilent value. Probably with several choices like, all, half, 1/4th etc... (Though vanilla dropping shit is buggy enough)

6 minutes ago, Tentacus said:

I've never had an issue with Stash those caps, but I do run an old version and replaced the single cap ground object with a stash box so maybe that colors my experience. I'll probably add seperate toggles for raider and customer theft in the final.

I will NEVER implement a system where only a percentage is stolen as IMO that is stupid... nobody would ever steal just "some" of your money :) 

More realistically be nice if said settler is faction changed to raider or something so you can safely kill them and not be attacked by the rest of your settlers. Or some other neutral faction like...bunnies.

13 minutes ago, Malphias said:

More realistically be nice if said settler is faction changed to raider or something so you can safely kill them and not be attacked by the rest of your settlers. Or some other neutral faction like...bunnies.

Worth considering.... Though realistically other settlers might not care that he's a rapist as much as they care that some hoe killed him ? Just saying it fits my pessimistic outlook better. "You killed my brother bish"! etc...

I would also like to point out that Hardship is almost 100% not tested with settlers in settlements the player owns. I barely fuck with settlements anymore and really hate the way generic settlers work when it comes to making this kind of mod.

22 minutes ago, Tentacus said:

Worth considering.... Though realistically other settlers might not care that he's a rapist as much as they care that some hoe killed him ? Just saying it fits my pessimistic outlook better. "You killed my brother bish"! etc...

I would also like to point out that Hardship is almost 100% not tested with settlers in settlements the player owns. I barely fuck with settlements anymore and really hate the way generic settlers work when it comes to making this kind of mod.

Well, I have great news then! It works just fine with settlers. No, really. I have had zero issues soliciting settlers except for Preston and with him it's just that damn script that keeps him patrolling 24/7 ...I can stop him and set up a sell, but then he walks away but even then, most times he comes back if not too far away when the setup stage begins.

Well, perhaps not zero issues. But the issues are minor. They act like raiders and the flavor text is raider biased. But hey, I get my caps!

1 hour ago, Malphias said:

But, and this is a really big issue for me...I can't if I get ripped off by a settler. What... I should should him...

Why not just open the trade menu, or pickpocket them?

But maybe that only works for the folks running Stash Those Caps.

Either way, your PC is a whore.. stealth & robbery are skills quickly mastered. So is moving the assholes bed to a secluded location.. ;)

1 hour ago, Malphias said:

Well, I have great news then! It works just fine with settlers. No, really. I have had zero issues soliciting settlers except for Preston and with him it's just that damn script that keeps him patrolling 24/7 ...I can stop him and set up a sell, but then he walks away but even then, most times he comes back if not too far away when the setup stage begins.

Well, perhaps not zero issues. But the issues are minor. They act like raiders and the flavor text is raider biased. But hey, I get my caps!

Settlers act like Raiders? Okkkkaaaay.... Maybe I do need to look into this.

Found a problem with the raider captive dialogue while testing it with CAP that causes it to start a rape when the guy says "I got no use for you" etc... I already fixed it for the final but probably won't bother fixing it in the existing patches unless somebody REALLY uses this feature.

3 hours ago, jbezorg said:

Need to add a way to not add the "[SETTINGS] BW MENU" item automatically. Devious devices armbinders, etc. and this mod gets into a battle of adding and removing the item on a game load.

Impossible. It has no slot assigned, so it wouldn't be fighting with anything, It is dropped and reloaded on every load for a technical reason (the dropped one is deleted) But fucked if I remember what it was. I am however going to make the drop and reload silent in the final version so at least you won't have to see the notification. 

3 hours ago, KennedyMadeIt said:

Just dropping off an idea.

A setting that lets the mod know how the player is currently dressed. Similar to the "appearance" setting except something that you would set after changing your clothes rather than one time when deciding the traits of your character.

After changing into something conservative you could update the "dressed" setting to "conservative". Maybe "moderate" and "revealing" would be other settings. The value of the "dressed" setting could then be used to influence how npcs act around you.

Nothing wrong with this idea but it's adding complexity to an already overstuffed mod that just isn't needed.

20 hours ago, Tentacus said:

Settlers act like Raiders? Okkkkaaaay.... Maybe I do need to look into this.

Not always. A lot of it is the way they talk during sex. Same lines as raiders use. And after sex they try to force her to eat or drink something vile.

35 minutes ago, Malphias said:

Not always. A lot of it is the way they talk during sex. Same lines as raiders use. And after sex they try to force her to eat or drink something vile.

Sounds like you got Raider captive dialogue turned on though... I thought that would only work on people in raider faction.  Turn it off in the menu. You should only activate that if you are using RSEII CSA and get kidnapped. It sorta works with CAP as well, but is buggy as hell, and CAP abductions last 4 hours max so there is no point.

The final version of CSA even has Hardship settings in the MCM to turn off it's own sexual content as well as other visitations so you can just use the Raider captive dialogue, which is nice. 

Though a Caveat, this feature is very much an extra and kinda half-baked.

5 minutes ago, Tentacus said:

Sounds like you got Raider captive dialogue turned on though... I thought that would only work on people in raider faction.  Turn it off in the menu. You should only activate that if you are using RSEII CSA and get kidnapped. It sorta works with CAP as well, but is buggy as hell, and CAP abductions last 4 hours max so there is no point. The final version of CSA even has Hardship settings in the MCM to turn off it's own sexual content as well as other visitations so you can just use the Raider captive dialogue, which is nice.

Though a Caveat, this feature is very much an extra and kinda half-baked.

I was using CSA but not anymore. I'm done now with everything RSE though I REALLY want Random Shenanigans. Still, I can live without it. And as for CAP, I've installed it but nothing goes on with it, I am FAR from getting to the point were karma means anything and it'll be weeks before I even visit Diamond City.

Right now I'm just boinked trying to get AAF stuff working again. *sigh* A fresh install of the game and load of all the mods I'm going to use. Last to set up is AAF and related mods and damnit, I've got something screwy.  First test is just with AAF, Kinky Theme and Farrelle's (sp). Human males are remaining flaccid during scenes. :( Oh, and One Patch To Bang Them All. I've set BodyTalk to 100% as well as 0% but no difference there.

The first time I installed everything and got everything working. This time...ugh. One of those mods I am no longer using must have some effect on this issue, such as maybe Leito's rigs....not using them this time. But I may have to.

On 3/28/2020 at 8:57 PM, Tentacus said:

Impossible. It has no slot assigned, so it wouldn't be fighting with anything, It is dropped and reloaded on every load for a technical reason (the dropped one is deleted) But fucked if I remember what it was. I am however going to make the drop and reload silent in the final version so at least you won't have to see the notification. 

Nothing wrong with this idea but it's adding complexity to an already overstuffed mod that just isn't needed.

Impossible? As in changing the script? Or in DD is not removing the Hardship object and getting stuck in a loop between the two mods? If it's the later of the two I assure you it's very possible. I believe that DD is using the event OnItemAdded so a slot conflict is irrelevant. If it's the former then I understand the "I'm done with it" position. But since you're going to be changing stuff for a silent add anyway why not use the OnPlayerLoadGame event in a script attached to a player alias in a quest?

1 hour ago, jbezorg said:

Impossible? As in changing the script? Or in DD is not removing the Hardship object and getting stuck in a loop between the two mods? If it's the later of the two I assure you it's very possible. I believe that DD is using the event OnItemAdded so a slot conflict is irrelevant. If it's the former then I understand the "I'm done with it" position. But since you're going to be changing stuff for a silent add anyway why not use the OnPlayerLoadGame event in a script attached to a player alias in a quest?

Okay I think I get what they did now. (and it's fucking annoying and heavy handed... which DD has always been which is why I don't use it) I can add the option to disable the refresh in the utilities menu.

It's also possible if I get the MCM fully functioning that I may remove the menu object altogether or leave a simplified one that only toggles BW mode on and off, and that wouldn't need to be refreshed, but then MCM would be a hard requirement.

Update:

Upon further testing, I am reducing the Begger get items, and refusal cooldown timers from 24 hrs to 8 hrs. This is necessary since they use the same cooldown keyword as all other BW features and it just seems out of line with the rest of the mod.

I've been playing with Myopia simulater (Immersive Glasses) for the first time. I started the game with "lost glasses" and boy howdy does it make Fallout 4 into an amzing survival horror game. It (and other things during testing) gave me an idea for a mini mod which I hopefully will release later today in the non adult section. Here is a preview:

20200330211842_1.jpg.fb8a3c1d3327b170f2a71dee2191e94e.jpg   20200330211511_1.jpg.309c457b51c1a221ecb521064bc133b2.jpg

I will also probably add optional glasses events (Velma mode) to Hardship. IE: Raiders temporarily or permanently taking your glasses, them falling off during rape and getting broken, Customers asking you to take them off before sex, etc...

36 minutes ago, Tentacus said:

Update:

Upon further testing, I am reducing the Begger get items, and refusal cooldown timers from 24 hrs to 8 hrs. This is necessary since they use the same cooldown keyword as all other BW features and it just seems out of line with the rest of the mod.

I've been playing with Myopia simulater (Immersive Glasses) for the first time. I started the game with "lost glasses" and boy howdy does it make Fallout 4 into an amzing survival horror game. It (and other things during testing) gave me an idea for a mini mod which I hopefully will release later today in the non adult section. Here is a preview:

20200330211842_1.jpg.fb8a3c1d3327b170f2a71dee2191e94e.jpg   20200330211511_1.jpg.309c457b51c1a221ecb521064bc133b2.jpg

I will also probably add optional glasses events (Velma mode) to Hardship. IE: Raiders temporarily or permanently taking your glasses, them falling off during rape and getting broken, Customers asking you to take them off before sex, etc...

This looks awesome idea.  At least do the Easygirl glasses. got have some style!  Haha.

Have you seen Alcohol Effects as well on Nexus... blurs vision after a drink.  After 4 or 5 straight drinks you "blackout" and transported elsewhere.  Omg. I got transported to basement area in Kendall Hospital.... 

And now Sex Attributes adding alcohol affects, with beggar etc, my Nora is quite literally screwed.... blued and tattooed. 

Have to see what this thing is you are posting later. :)

John

2 hours ago, MrCruelJohn said:

This looks awesome idea.  At least do the Easygirl glasses. got have some style!  Haha.

Have you seen Alcohol Effects as well on Nexus... blurs vision after a drink.  After 4 or 5 straight drinks you "blackout" and transported elsewhere.  Omg. I got transported to basement area in Kendall Hospital.... 

And now Sex Attributes adding alcohol affects, with beggar etc, my Nora is quite literally screwed.... blued and tattooed. 

Have to see what this thing is you are posting later. :)

John

I have drug effects from NAC, but that sounds awesome.  I wish there was a way to make the player stagger and trip like in Skyrim. I'd use the shit out of that in so many ways. 

The mod will be called Scavver's closet, basically it makes things more realistic like in Mad Max etc...when you go to scavenge clothes from a corpse or container they don't always fit, or might be too decayed or nasty to wear. If they don't fit you might get scrap from them. If the clothes are moth eaten or nasty the shoes might still be okay if you have the mod Commonwealth Vans installed. (Build slot 55 version) They may still not fit though

I'm testing it now. Hopefully I'll get it good enough to release today. 

21 minutes ago, Tentacus said:

I have drug effects from NAC, but that sounds awesome.  I wish there was a way to make the player stagger and trip like in Skyrim. I'd use the shit out of that in so many ways. 

The mod will be called Scavver's closet, basically it makes things more realistic like in Mad Max etc...when you go to scavenge clothes from a corpse or container they don't always fit, or might be too decayed or nasty to wear. If they don't fit you might get scrap from them. If the clothes are moth eaten or nasty the shoes might still be okay if you have the mod Commonwealth Vans installed. (Build slot 55 version) They may still not fit though

I'm testing it now. Hopefully I'll get it good enough to release today. 

I am watching the download section of non adult...

I like all the work you are doing though as I am a polistro  user since over 1 year December 2018, new versions will not be this... maybe one day the one patch will not be such a problem.

John

23 minutes ago, Tentacus said:

I'm testing it now. Hopefully I'll get it good enough to release today. El

Yes the Scavvers closet would be good... the stumbling etc.  With Pratt falls - see Tuckered Out on Nexus.  It measures your angle etc and can fall down all quarry stones or even trip on the ground.  

John

45 minutes ago, MrCruelJohn said:

Yes the Scavvers closet would be good... the stumbling etc.  With Pratt falls - see Tuckered Out on Nexus.  It measures your angle etc and can fall down all quarry stones or even trip on the ground.  

John

Thanks sounds good. 

OMG just got some glasses AND shoes from my mod... (she started out in some customized barefoot skimpy rags I made) never been so happy... lol. I think it's fun. Never did find proper clothes that fit which I am also happy about. Now I really just have to check to make sure that stuff you buy from merchants always fits and then I can release.

20200331144724_1.jpg.2101774126fb998c65caae86151c788d.jpg

59 minutes ago, MrCruelJohn said:

like all the work you are doing though as I am a polistro  user since over 1 year December 2018, new versions will not be this... maybe one day the one patch will not be such a problem.

John

I'm running Indarello now. It's honestly not bad aside from the fiddly as fuck setup. He's even started adding unqiue animations.

13 minutes ago, Tentacus said:

Thanks sounds good. 

OMG just got some glasses AND shoes from my mod... (she started out in some customized barefoot skimpy rags I made) never been so happy... lol. I think it's fun. Never did find proper clothes that fit which I am also happy about. Now I really just have to check to make sure that stuff you buy from merchants always fits and then I can release.

20200331144724_1.jpg.2101774126fb998c65caae86151c788d.jpg

Will this require the Immerive Glasses?

Or a separate mod utilizing concept?

And the clothes?  Is that what you meant?

Cbbe?  Haha. All the body types cometh.