I do agree, a more ready source for lube would be appreciated. I almost always end up visiting the Bobrovs' personal bedroom as soon as I get to DC because I know I can at least find a bottle there, but like soap for Get Dirty or glasses for Myopia Simulator, I end up hoarding cooking oil and making stashes of it for whenever I loose the one I'm carrying to theft or abduction (and make my followers carry some extras too, just in case).

Probably the biggest annoyance is that, like soap, if it's in my inventory or the workshop storage, I sometimes accidentally break it down when crafting something calling for oil as an ingredient. Oops!

Edited by vaultbait
9 hours ago, Tentacus said:

15.  Real Handcuffs  0.4.7 or above -- This is a true Master of Hardship and RealHandcuffs.esp must be above Beggar_Whore.esp in the plugin load order!

NOTE: Read the instructions carefully. If you don't you might end up with an AAF conflict.

On the bright side this is the only bug report I regularly get... It's still tiresome as fuck :) 

Cheers, problem solved.

8 hours ago, vaultbait said:

I do agree, a more ready source for lube would be appreciated. I almost always end up visiting the Bobrovs' personal bedroom as soon as I get to DC because I know I can at least find a bottle there, but like soap for Get Dirty or glasses for Myopia Simulator, I end up hoarding cooking oil and making stashes of it for whenever I loose the one I'm carrying to theft or abduction (and make my followers carry some extras too, just in case).

Probably the biggest annoyance is that, like soap, if it's in my inventory or the workshop storage, I sometimes accidentally break it down when crafting something calling for oil as an ingredient. Oops!

At least I don't make it consumed with use :p.

1 hour ago, Tentacus said:

Anybody else ever have this happen?

Often downstairs and upstairs or from rooms into bar stool - opposite of somewhere private ?.

This is with following aggressive settings to favor furniture instead of ground:

default_furniture_preference = 100

furniture_search_area           = 500

Either FindAllReferencesOfType(...., int within_radius) doesn't take vertical-axis (Z-axis?) into consideration

OR it does and unwanted/unexpected furniture objects happens be inside that sphere in this case.

This could be address in AAF furniture selection phase by filtering kLocationArray

so all entries in it are at most some distance apart from scanLocationObject in vertical dimension

and/or there's a LOS between scanObject and every entry in kLocationArray. Some of these could be

provided as settings to SceneSettings so mod can specify if furniture needs to have LOS with scanLocationObject

or difference in up/down-coordinates needs to be within some range.

Alternatively you can implement this yourself before starting a scene where you scan for furniture you want to support,

filter it with method shown above and in SceneSettings set settings.locationObject to element of filtered array

(or player by default) and sufficiently small scanRadius. Or the easy way of enforcing small scanRadius for all your scenes

in scene settings (with yet another global and mcm control?). Or leaving this up to users to adjust defaults in AAF settings files.

Other common sources of grievances are furnitures left outside of playable area, like sofas you can see through broken walls.

Annoyingly DC expansion mod adds a big container with matress in it but no passageway so there are times when you get trapped.

Edited by requiredname65
7 minutes ago, requiredname65 said:

Often downstairs and upstairs or from rooms into bar stool - opposite of somewhere private ?.

This is with following aggressive settings to favor furniture instead of ground:

default_furniture_preference = 100

furniture_search_area           = 500

Either FindAllReferencesOfType(...., int within_radius) doesn't take vertical-axis (Z-axis?) into consideration

OR it does and unwanted/unexpected furniture objects happens be inside that sphere in this case.

This could be address in AAF furniture selection phase by filtering kLocationArray

so all entries in it are at most some distance apart from scanLocationObject in vertical dimension

and/or there's a LOS between scanObject and every entry in kLocationArray. Some of these could be

provided as settings to SceneSettings so mod can specify if furniture needs to have LOS with scanLocationObject

or difference in up/down-coordinates needs to be within some range.

Alternatively you can implement this yourself before starting a scene where you scan for furniture you want to support,

filter it with method shown above and in SceneSettings set settings.locationObject to element of filtered array

(or player by default) and sufficiently small scanRadius. Or the easy way of enforcing small scanRadius for all your scenes

in scene settings (with yet another global and mcm control?). Or leaving this up to users to adjust defaults in AAF settings files.

Other common sources of grievances are furnitures left outside of playable area, like sofas you can see through broken walls.

Annoyingly DC expansion mod adds a big container with matress in it but no passageway so there are times when you get trapped.

Gonna be honest this is why furniture is off by default in Hardship :p.

8 minutes ago, Tentacus said:

Hey if John wants to do it live for all to see then customer is right, I guess.. yeah.

Jokes aside, you could just set scanRadius in sceneSettings to something less that distance from room to couch in Bunker Hill and be done with it.

Edited by requiredname65
suggest a workaround
38 minutes ago, Tentacus said:

Indeed, if it were weighted by things like line of sight, Z axis, and proximity it wouldn't be so problematic. As it stands, I crank the furniture search radius way down because otherwise I'll end up teleported into a balcony two buildings away and, without something like a quest marker to show where the action is taking place, I end flying the camera around looking for everyone the entire time... sometimes I'll find the spot a few seconds before animation ends, but quite often I never do.

3 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Indeed, if it were weighted by things like line of sight, Z axis, and proximity it wouldn't be so problematic. As it stands, I crank the furniture search radius way down because otherwise I'll end up teleported into a balcony two buildings away and, without something like a quest marker to show where the action is taking place, I end flying the camera around looking for everyone the entire time... sometimes I'll find the spot a few seconds before animation ends, but quite often I never do.

Yup. I have furniture search set to the equivalent of about 2m in all mods that allow it, not that I can remember the unit value off the top of my head. That way the mod starting the scene either gives me the control to start the scene at a location of my choosing, or I get the occasional pleasant surprise. ?

Edited by SkyAddiction

@Tentacus

Any chance we can get a short summary of the features for Hardship 1.6 and TSEX? It's a long thread and while I've searched it for tidbits, I still don't have a solid idea of upcoming features. I promise I just want to anticipate complimentary mods and am not interested in squeezing feature teasers. ?

12 hours ago, vaultbait said:

I end flying the camera around looking for everyone the entire time...

This would be less of a problem if

1. soundstage would update while in free camera so sounds could be used,

2. player character AI driven pathing wouldn't suck so much and get stuck twitching as if it got a seizure,

that way walking to scene location should give enough hints on where scene will play out or 'I wish'

teleport timeout timer could be increased due to more reliable pathing. Switching between 1st- and 3rd-

person perspectives often gets PC unstuck but this is prohibited by AAF during walking scene.

I recall that Skyrim had same problems with pathing of AI driven PC. Has this been solved there or is it still a mystery?

4 hours ago, requiredname65 said:

This would be less of a problem if

1. soundstage would update while in free camera so sounds could be used,

2. player character AI driven pathing wouldn't suck so much and get stuck twitching as if it got a seizure,

that way walking to scene location should give enough hints on where scene will play out or 'I wish'

teleport timeout timer could be increased due to more reliable pathing. Switching between 1st- and 3rd-

person perspectives often gets PC unstuck but this is prohibited by AAF during walking scene.

I vaguely recall it being discussed before, but I suppose there's no way for the player ghost to be teleported to the location of the body double so the flycam starts out where the animation takes place (at least for animations involving the player).

13 hours ago, SkyAddiction said:

Yup. I have furniture search set to the equivalent of about 2m in all mods that allow it, not that I can remember the unit value off the top of my head. That way the mod starting the scene either gives me the control to start the scene at a location of my choosing, or I get the occasional pleasant surprise. ?

In AAF_settings.ini you can adjust furniture_search_area to your preferred distance (default is 500), which should at least work for mods that don't override it.

44 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

In AAF_settings.ini you can adjust furniture_search_area to your preferred distance (default is 500), which should at least work for mods that don't override it.

Mm.. i kind of gave up on furniture's.

Does not work for me most of the time.

Scenario 1: Actors go to table ignoring someone sits there and having sex.

Scenario 2: Actors go somewhere and having sex on a piece of furniture but ignoring physics and dive into materials of other items.

Scenario 3: PC actor wants to follow NPC but can not move though leg is limping at the spot.

Its such a turn off to see that all the time.

I did not experiment with settings at all to see if that will change anything. I usually disable furniture completely.

36 minutes ago, wutpickel said:

Mm.. i kind of gave up on furniture's.

Does not work for me most of the time.

Scenario 1: Actors go to table ignoring someone sits there and having sex.

Scenario 2: Actors go somewhere and having sex on a piece of furniture but ignoring physics and dive into materials of other items.

Scenario 3: PC actor wants to follow NPC but can not move though leg is limping at the spot.

Its such a turn off to see that all the time.

I did not experiment with settings at all to see if that will change anything. I usually disable furniture completely.

It would be nice if you could disable tables/desks as they generally have items on them. Couches, chairs & beds work fine. As long as another NPC isn't occupying them. But still, with companions/followers you can have multiple scenes on the same piece of furniture.

Yea.. I turn furniture down to 250. This also prevents using furniture on other floors.

49 minutes ago, izzyknows said:

Couches, chairs & beds work fine.

Beds are more like a 50/50 chance of being okay, a lot of animations involve an actor standing or hanging off one side of the bed, and beds are often pushed up against a wall, so depending on which side the wall is on...

12 hours ago, ninjabot117 said:

No clue how this happened but menacing raiders don't do any animations. the interact with you but no animation plays.

Check if it works just using the AAF key. Then make sure you have all the requirements.

Edited by Tentacus
2 hours ago, Spiders_Venom said:

So I followed the steps on the page for installation, installed all the requirements and now AAF is stuck on 30%, and when I tried to force reset AAF it CTD

Make sure you have Leito 2.0 and not the other file.

52 minutes ago, Spiders_Venom said:

ahh yeah, i got the latest version by accident! sorry haha

hmm, still getting a 68% error but im unsure what's causing that

People often overlook the instructions for xSE Preloader setup. This could be your issue.

"Go to the xSE PluginPreloader.xml file and change the load method to OnThreadAttach or ImportAddressHook if the default doesn't work."

46 minutes ago, Sladen2019 said:

People often overlook the instructions for xSE Preloader setup. This could be your issue.

"Go to the xSE PluginPreloader.xml file and change the load method to OnThreadAttach or ImportAddressHook if the default doesn't work."

your gonna have to hand hold me a bit here sorry, where would i find xSE Plugin Preloader.xml ?