15 hours ago, Tentacus said:

(Not trying to be an asshole but you couldn't have looked too hard as this literally happens every couple of pages since I added the MCM.)

....The underlying issue is the main quest not running....

Actually this bit here solved it.  The game hadn't started the main quest.  Force starting Out if Time fixed it. 

By the way if you have to start anything with "Not trying to be an asshole" you are still, in fact, trying to be an asshole. You've just chosen to be a passive aggressive one.  Especially appreciated when a person approaches you without an ounce of disrespect and that's what they get back, thank much.  

10 hours ago, BlackDragon580 said:

Actually this bit here solved it.  The game hadn't started the main quest.  Force starting Out if Time fixed it. 

By the way if you have to start anything with "Not trying to be an asshole" you are still, in fact, trying to be an asshole. You've just chosen to be a passive aggressive one.  Especially appreciated when a person approaches you without an ounce of disrespect and that's what they get back, thank much.  

I don’t think you realize just how often he’s had to copy paste his own instructions for people that couldn’t have been bothered to follow them the first time around and just bounce into the forum and ask the same tired questions.

12 hours ago, BlackDragon580 said:

LOL. Not that main quest. HARDSHIP's main quest.

1 hour ago, Tburgundy said:

I don’t think you realize just how often he’s had to copy paste his own instructions for people that couldn’t have been bothered to follow them the first time around and just bounce into the forum and ask the same tired questions.

Exactamundo.

6 hours ago, Tburgundy said:

Nor does one need to assume someone didn't follow the instructions.  I did, just like I did the other time I used the mod.  The thing that kept it from working seems to have been a random ass glitch that I had no reason to look for.  Even the thing that fixed it seems to not make sense given his reaction to it.  Who the hell is going to think the main quest not starting is going to affect one of the mods unrelated to the quest?  I'm assuming at this point it was somehow blocking side quests from starting.  Who knows, it worked as of last night.  Now that I went through all the crap getting it to work I don't even feel like using it.  Still endorsed it but now I'm too ragey to play lol. 

1 hour ago, FalloutFallen said:

Could anyone let me know the changes from 1.59J to 1.59K? 

38 minutes ago, Slorm said:

See bottom of page for the "What's new" update note

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/10387-aaf-hardship-beggar-whore/

What Slorm said. 

NOTE: To use 1.59K with pre-existing saves from a previous version you will need to reset Hardship's main quest.

In the console type help _T_DialogueQuest 4 in the console. Hit enter. Then type: Stoquest plus the id number you got from the search. Hit enter. then Startquest with the same. If it worked you'll see the message about the healing system starting up.

I just added this to the install guide.

Edited by Tentacus

Howdy, and first let me say i apologize in advance if this has been asked before or is just a load order issue.
I understand the basics for aaf and mods and have others, such as Violate and Harassment working fine. However when using Hardship i get zero animations playing for the "Why should i pay for that" scenes and the DC guard scenes. All other scenes are fine. The pop-up choices appear but no animations and AAF is not firing at all for those. I have ensured that the files are in the right order for the handcuffs :)
Does someone here know what i may have possibly done wrong for this to not work. Thank you in advance and again sorry if this is really obvious.

Edited by The Terraformer
4 hours ago, The Terraformer said:

Howdy, and first let me say i apologize in advance if this has been asked before or is just a load order issue.
I understand the basics for aaf and mods and have others, such as Violate and Harassment working fine. However when using Hardship i get zero animations playing for the "Why should i pay for that" scenes and the DC guard scenes. All other scenes are fine. The pop-up choices appear but no animations and AAF is not firing at all for those. I have ensured that the files are in the right order for the handcuffs :)
Does someone here know what i may have possibly done wrong for this to not work. Thank you in advance and again sorry if this is really obvious.

Make sure you have the right version of Leito installed: 2.0a. For some reason the older version is being presented as the current one lately. Since this is an issue with aggressive anims I assume it's related to that. also make sure you have Staged Leito Plus installed. 

1 hour ago, Tentacus said:

Make sure you have the right version of Leito installed: 2.0a. For some reason the older version is being presented as the current one lately. Since this is an issue with aggressive anims I assume it's related to that. also make sure you have Staged Leito Plus installed. 

Thank you and again apologies for troubling you. BTW i really enjoy the mod!
Turns out to be a badly installed Staged Leito.
Very kind of you to answer and point me in the right direction.

I was playing with Magno Cum Gaudio recently and discovered the feature where you can pick out furniture with sex partners instead of relying on AAF's weird Furniture Radar ("Let's go somewhere more private" - R) Let it do here!).

Can you integrate that into TSEX/Hardship as well? That would certainly solve the problems with furniture that have been mentioned here recently.

Edited by juste95
On 7/17/2021 at 5:15 AM, juste95 said:

I was playing with Magno Cum Gaudio recently and discovered the feature where you can pick out furniture with sex partners instead of relying on AAF's weird Furniture Radar ("Let's go somewhere more private" - R) Let it do here!).

Can you integrate that into TSEX/Hardship as well? That would certainly solve the problems with furniture that have been mentioned here recently.

Do you know if that mod includes source code? 

I'll look into it though off the top of my head I'm not sure how to implement it in a particularly efficient way... Also for Hardship it's kinda "what the customer wants"... But I could make it a refusable suggestion, like when the female player asks to get on top.

Edited by Tentacus
2 hours ago, Tentacus said:

Do you know if that mod includes source code? 

I'll look into it though off the top of my head I'm not sure how to implement it in a particularly efficient way... Also for Hardship it's kinda "what the customer wants"... But I could make it a refusable suggestion, like when the female player asks to get on top.

No, sorry. 

The function works pretty well. If you start an Sex Dialoge, MCG ask simliar like Hardship to do it right here, whats start the Animation immediatly or go to a more private place. If you choose the private place, the npc follows for Sex and for this time a new function is enabled to start the Animation directly on the focused furniture with pressing the R key. 

Edited by juste95

It's propably done with perk that adds a new activation choice, see RoboticsExpert01 "Robotics Expert" [PERK:0004D889] for example on that.

You could use that and condition it to apply only when john is following you, perhaps add this perk in _T_BegSexFollowAdd and remove it when scene starts.

Perk would have a script that runs if player uses alternative activation on furniture, this would assign selected furntiture to a property on main quest and start

that 'here is fine scene which leads to choices' scene. Before calling StartScene, check if that furniture property has some value and set it to scenesettings.locationObject

if some dice roll succeeds or something. Set this property to None in scene cleanup. This way seems to be most easiest to fit into current implementation unless you

want to add a new scene for ho suggesting a furniture and johns accepts/declines.

However there are few painpoints to this approach, namely having to hardcode supported furnitures into perk activation conditions or need to handle cases where player

selected a furniture with allowed keyword but has no animations for it, like mod added beds and bedrolls. Tho you could add flavor texts in messageboxes based

on this selected furn, for example: player selected a bed, john gets aggressive, messagebox makes reference to  'bed creaks and strains as he pounds your

asspussy with vigor', then again this can be done with animation tags so not a huge win. Maybe M.C.G has a better way it does this in similar fashion.

Edited by requiredname65
checked how MCG does it
2 hours ago, requiredname65 said:

It's propably done with perk that adds a new activation choice, see RoboticsExpert01 "Robotics Expert" [PERK:0004D889] for example on that.

You could use that and condition it to apply only when john is following you, perhaps add this perk in _T_BegSexFollowAdd and remove it when scene starts.

Perk would have a script that runs if player uses alternative activation on furniture, this would assign selected furntiture to a property on main quest and start

that 'here is fine scene which leads to choices' scene. Before calling StartScene, check if that furniture property has some value and set it to scenesettings.locationObject

if some dice roll succeeds or something. Set this property to None in scene cleanup. This way seems to be most easiest to fit into current implementation unless you

want to add a new scene for ho suggesting a furniture and johns accepts/declines.

However there are few painpoints to this approach, namely having to hardcode supported furnitures into perk activation conditions or need to handle cases where player

selected a furniture with allowed keyword but has no animations for it, like mod added beds and bedrolls. Tho you could add flavor texts in messageboxes based

on this selected furn, for example: player selected a bed, john gets aggressive, messagebox makes reference to  'bed creaks and strains as he pounds your

asspussy with vigor', then again this can be done with animation tags so not a huge win. Maybe M.C.G has a better way it does this in similar fashion.

If I was gonna do this I'd probably take a  completely different approach. I'll put it on the stack of things to look at "some day".

Update:

Okay I think I've got my PC stabalized (Or at least backed up enough) to the point where I can tentatively get back to work. I'm gonna spend the rest of today updating all my AAF stuff, testing my general Fallout functionality. Then I'm gonna check out JBpy's new mod, and hopefully get back to work on TSEX tomorrow.

43 minutes ago, Slorm said:

@Tentacus

There's a new AAF version out, not sure if it affects Hardship, I've not had a chance to test it

Not on the nexus page... and last I checked Dagoba still doesn't host it here. Do you mean a new Dev version? Cause I only test Hardship against the officially released version (Except in unusual situations) 

Anyway I'll look on the discord.

EDIT:

I see he's hosting new versions on Moddingham. You have to make an account. I'll check it out. I'm sure this won't cause untold confusion and headaches since every mod's page points at the fucking Nexus link. Gee... modding is fun! Wheee!

Sorry...I'm being a pissy baby. I never go in the AAF thread unless I absolutely have to, so I missed this development. Shoulda figured with the shit that's been going on at Nexus.

Edited by Tentacus
4 hours ago, Slorm said:

@Tentacus

There's a new AAF version out, not sure if it affects Hardship, I've not had a chance to test it

I used AAF 163 extensively with Hardship for many months, and the delta for 164 is fairly small so I don't expect it to be significantly different in that regard.

5 hours ago, Tentacus said:

Update:

Okay I think I've got my PC stabalized (Or at least backed up enough) to the point where I can tentatively get back to work. I'm gonna spend the rest of today updating all my AAF stuff, testing my general Fallout functionality. Then I'm gonna check out JBpy's new mod, and hopefully get back to work on TSEX tomorrow.

Oh, I hope you like it. I knew that I had talked to someone about starting to create mods, and how that someone started almost from scratch. It only took two years.