dwimm12 Posted December 9, 2021 Posted December 9, 2021 Hi, I tried to get my own tattoo, but it just fills whole body with black, what am I doing wrong?
JB. Posted December 9, 2021 Author Posted December 9, 2021 2 minutes ago, dwimm12 said: Hi, I tried to get my own tattoo, but it just fills whole body with black, what am I doing wrong? Upload your entire file here and I'll take a look at it when I have time. Surely it is a problem of the values in your materials.
Slorm Posted December 13, 2021 Posted December 13, 2021 (edited) Some great work here, thank you for all the effort you've put into this mod Could I suggest adding what the various versions for Tattoo After Rape do please, as it's got a bit lost in the thread since "Female Renewed" was mentioned for v3.0 many pages back and from the FOMOD I wasn't really sure if the Females Renewed option only applies the coloured tats only I did try using the "No TatsAfterRape" option and it still works with Tattoo After Rape which has confused me a bit as well. Sorry, one last question I noticed when installing the Tattoo After Rape version (Classic and Renewed) it asks to overwrite some overlay.xml.s installed by Tattoo After Rape so I was unclear about which should be overwritten (this mod or TAR) though I assumed this mod should overwrite the other xml. Sorry if I'm being a pain Edited December 13, 2021 by Slorm
PenBoozerX Posted December 14, 2021 Posted December 14, 2021 Question: I'm starting a new game with Zombie Walkers mod, with a feature of switching the player character to a random settler on death turned on. The GENDER of settler will obviously be random, yet I can only select either Female tats, or Male tats from the mod menu. Is there any way I can have both of them on at the same time? What happens if I install the mod twice with different gender selected? Will I just end up breaking everything? I know I'm being ambitious trying to combine lovers mods with gritty lethal survival playtrough lol, but I'd love that extra degeneracy in there if i can fit it
JB. Posted December 14, 2021 Author Posted December 14, 2021 17 hours ago, Slorm said: Some great work here, thank you for all the effort you've put into this mod Could I suggest adding what the various versions for Tattoo After Rape do please, as it's got a bit lost in the thread since "Female Renewed" was mentioned for v3.0 many pages back and from the FOMOD I wasn't really sure if the Females Renewed option only applies the coloured tats only I did try using the "No TatsAfterRape" option and it still works with Tattoo After Rape which has confused me a bit as well. Sorry, one last question I noticed when installing the Tattoo After Rape version (Classic and Renewed) it asks to overwrite some overlay.xml.s installed by Tattoo After Rape so I was unclear about which should be overwritten (this mod or TAR) though I assumed this mod should overwrite the other xml. Sorry if I'm being a pain The "No Tats After Rape" option just didn't install anything (in case you don't use that mod). But obviously if you have that mod, it will work. It's not that it blocks Tats After Rape's features. If you install any of my options, they must overwrite Tats After Rape, otherwise the changes will not be applied. 2 hours ago, PenBoozerX said: Question: I'm starting a new game with Zombie Walkers mod, with a feature of switching the player character to a random settler on death turned on. The GENDER of settler will obviously be random, yet I can only select either Female tats, or Male tats from the mod menu. Is there any way I can have both of them on at the same time? What happens if I install the mod twice with different gender selected? Will I just end up breaking everything? I know I'm being ambitious trying to combine lovers mods with gritty lethal survival playtrough lol, but I'd love that extra degeneracy in there if i can fit it At least the way LooksMenu is done, you can't just select a woman/man and see tattoos of both genders. 1
PenBoozerX Posted December 14, 2021 Posted December 14, 2021 1 hour ago, JB. said: At least the way LooksMenu is done, you can't just select a woman/man and see tattoos of both genders. Oh, maybe I didn't explain properly (or I didnt understand the response properly :P) When installing this file there is this selection screen, which only allows one option to be selected. So obviously I cant select one for both genders. So will installing twice (once for classic females and once for males) and merging them make tats available for both genders, or will that break the mod?
JB. Posted December 14, 2021 Author Posted December 14, 2021 51 minutes ago, PenBoozerX said: Oh, maybe I didn't explain properly (or I didnt understand the response properly :P) When installing this file there is this selection screen, which only allows one option to be selected. So obviously I cant select one for both genders. So will installing twice (once for classic females and once for males) and merging them make tats available for both genders, or will that break the mod? Ah, what you want is to use Tats After Rape, the TwistedTrebla mod, on both genders. That can't be done either. He created it specifically for a female player, I did a tweak for a male player, but you can't get both of them working at the same time unfortunately unless Twited wants to redo the script. 1
PenBoozerX Posted December 14, 2021 Posted December 14, 2021 5 hours ago, JB. said: Ah, what you want is to use Tats After Rape, the TwistedTrebla mod, on both genders. That can't be done either. He created it specifically for a female player, I did a tweak for a male player, but you can't get both of them working at the same time unfortunately unless Twited wants to redo the script. Ah bummer. Allright. Thanks anyway!
DunkLyfe Posted December 15, 2021 Posted December 15, 2021 okay, so i know it may seem kinda stupid but could someone tell me exactly where to put every file/folder? for the life of me i can not get this mod to work. not sure if it matters, but i use MO2. id appreciate the help
vaultbait Posted December 15, 2021 Posted December 15, 2021 2 minutes ago, DunkLyfe said: okay, so i know it may seem kinda stupid but could someone tell me exactly where to put every file/folder? for the life of me i can not get this mod to work. not sure if it matters, but i use MO2. id appreciate the help Easier said than done. Which individual files get installed is determined by the FOMOD installer menu for this mod. MO2 should just "do the right thing" though when you answer the prompts in the install menus.
DunkLyfe Posted December 15, 2021 Posted December 15, 2021 1 minute ago, vaultbait said: Easier said than done. Which individual files get installed is determined by the FOMOD installer menu for this mod. MO2 should just "do the right thing" though when you answer the prompts in the install menus. but dont i have to stick the manually downloaded stuff into my FO4 directory? thats more so what i meant
DunkLyfe Posted December 15, 2021 Posted December 15, 2021 to make myself more clear, the F4SE folder textures folder slavetattoosMainBA2 slavetattoosTexturesBA2 slavetattoosESP
vaultbait Posted December 15, 2021 Posted December 15, 2021 (edited) 18 minutes ago, DunkLyfe said: but dont i have to stick the manually downloaded stuff into my FO4 directory? thats more so what i meant I think you're asking how to install downloaded mod archives with MO2? I'm a Vortex user personally, but I just download CaptiveTattoos3.1.7z and then drag that file from my downloads folder to a drop target in Vortex's mods list. Then it gets added to the displayed mod list, I set its entry to enabled, and it's installed automatically promptimg me with the FOMOD installer menu options for that archive. Maybe you'd benefit from reading some MO2 documentation or watching some walkthrough videos for it, this is probably something they explain already. Edited December 15, 2021 by vaultbait
DunkLyfe Posted December 16, 2021 Posted December 16, 2021 1 hour ago, vaultbait said: I think you're asking how to install downloaded mod archives with MO2? I'm a Vortex user personally, but I just download CaptiveTattoos3.1.7z and then drag that file from my downloads folder to a drop target in Vortex's mods list. Then it gets added to the displayed mod list, I set its entry to enabled, and it's installed automatically promptimg me with the FOMOD installer menu options for that archive. Maybe you'd benefit from reading some MO2 documentation or watching some walkthrough videos for it, this is probably something they explain already. okay yeah i didnt even know you could drop the files directly into the organizer. thank you lol
SoraMiragi Posted December 18, 2021 Posted December 18, 2021 i dont have face tattoos, i mean it is here in the options, but they are like fully transparent.
vaultbait Posted December 18, 2021 Posted December 18, 2021 31 minutes ago, SoraMiragi said: i dont have face tattoos, i mean it is here in the options, but they are like fully transparent. Odds are you chose a different face tattoo texture resolution than the face texture resolution you're using. This mod's FOMOD installer menu asks you which face texture resolution you use, try adjusting it to match (2K if you're using an HD face texture mod, 1K if you're using the normal/vanilla face texture resolution).
JB. Posted December 18, 2021 Author Posted December 18, 2021 22 minutes ago, vaultbait said: Odds are you chose a different face tattoo texture resolution than the face texture resolution you're using. This mod's FOMOD installer menu asks you which face texture resolution you use, try adjusting it to match (2K if you're using an HD face texture mod, 1K if you're using the normal/vanilla face texture resolution). I have the impression that people choose the 2k option thinking that the tattoos will look better, when in reality it is about choosing the compatible option. 1
SoraMiragi Posted December 19, 2021 Posted December 19, 2021 (edited) 17 hours ago, JB. said: I have the impression that people choose the 2k option thinking that the tattoos will look better, when in reality it is about choosing the compatible option. that's exactly what i thought. will see if it works for me. Edit: it worked, changed to 1K as you said, and all is fine. Edited December 19, 2021 by SoraMiragi 1
vaultbait Posted December 26, 2021 Posted December 26, 2021 10 minutes ago, Brunera said: can tattoos only be used on the player? You can add them to NPCs just fine. I do it all the time.
Pokalplayer Posted December 27, 2021 Posted December 27, 2021 So the tattos show up on my PC but no NPC's, any idea why that could be?
vaultbait Posted December 27, 2021 Posted December 27, 2021 7 minutes ago, Pokalplayer said: So the tattos show up on my PC but no NPC's, any idea why that could be? Are you adding them to the NPCs via the LooksMenu overlay manager, or some other way?
Pokalplayer Posted December 27, 2021 Posted December 27, 2021 12 minutes ago, vaultbait said: Are you adding them to the NPCs via the LooksMenu overlay manager, or some other way? So I re-installed the Mod and it works now? Also via LooksMenu overlay manager, I assume it had to do with the 1k and 2k thing.
vaultbait Posted December 27, 2021 Posted December 27, 2021 5 minutes ago, Pokalplayer said: So I re-installed the Mod and it works now? Also via LooksMenu overlay manager, I assume it had to do with the 1k and 2k thing. Oh, was it face tattoos which weren't showing up? Those are implemented via face tints which need to match the resolution of whatever face texture you're using. The body tattoos are implemented as skin overlays, which are more forgiving (but don't work on faces unfortunately).
Pokalplayer Posted December 27, 2021 Posted December 27, 2021 9 hours ago, vaultbait said: Oh, was it face tattoos which weren't showing up? Those are implemented via face tints which need to match the resolution of whatever face texture you're using. The body tattoos are implemented as skin overlays, which are more forgiving (but don't work on faces unfortunately). Nope, neither Face or Body ones were showing up on NPC's but they did on PC, again I just re-installed the mod and it seems to work now
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now