Captive Tattoos (LooksMenu Overlays / Facial Tattoos / Males / Females)

5 hours ago, izzyknows said:

Make sure you're installing the correct resolution... 1k 2k that matches your player/NPC's

First thing I checked, doesn’t work on either resolution. And no I’m not using the TattoosForRape version either.

5 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Was F4SE ever available on Nexus? I've always gotten it from https://f4se.silverlock.org/ anyway.

Is the SlaveTattoos.esp plugin active?

Did you maybe force mark it as "light" (ESL-flagged)? If so, that may cause problems loading its archives.

Plugin is active and is not marked as light. There is an option for that, but it loads in as regular and I didn’t change it.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, UrFaveComrade said:

I can't seem to get the face tats working. The body tats work fine, no issue there, but the face tats are invisible. I go into Slave Tats in Looksmenu and all the options are there, but I don't see anything on her face

You picked the wrong resolution when installing this. If you use HD face textures then select 2K, if you use vanilla face textures choose 1K. If you use 4K face textures (almost nobody does), I don't think the face overlays with this will be compatible unless you manually upscale them with something like Paint.net.

On 3/22/2022 at 11:37 PM, vaultbait said:

You picked the wrong resolution when installing this. If you use HD face textures then select 2K, if you use vanilla face textures choose 1K. If you use 4K face textures (almost nobody does), I don't think the face overlays with this will be compatible unless you manually upscale them with something like Paint.net.

I didn't see any options when I installed it. Is that because I used Vortex? Should I have installed it manually?

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/24/2022 at 1:12 PM, UrFaveComrade said:

I didn't see any options when I installed it. Is that because I used Vortex? Should I have installed it manually?

When installing this mod, Vortex should bring up a window with the FOMOD installer menu which is included. This menu will ask you about face texture resolution (vanilla/1K or HD/2K options). You need to pick whichever one matches your face resolution. If you haven't installed something like Natural Face Textures 2K or Real 2K Faces (or maybe some specialized skin mod which includes upscaled face textures), then choose the vanilla/1K option.

Edit: You can also check by looking at your deployed Data\Textures\Actors\Character\BaseHumanFemale\basefemalehead_d.dds to see if its dimensions are 1024x1024 (1K) or 2048x2048 (2K), though checking that may require that you have installed an image editor with DDS file support, like Paint.net.

Edited by vaultbait
On 4/18/2022 at 10:22 PM, vaultbait said:

When installing this mod, Vortex should bring up a window with the FOMOD installer menu which is included. This menu will ask you about face texture resolution (vanilla/1K or HD/2K options). You need to pick whichever one matches your face resolution. If you haven't installed something like Natural Face Textures 2K or Real 2K Faces (or maybe some specialized skin mod which includes upscaled face textures), then choose the vanilla/1K option.

Edit: You can also check by looking at your deployed Data\Textures\Actors\Character\BaseHumanFemale\basefemalehead_d.dds to see if its dimensions are 1024x1024 (1K) or 2048x2048 (2K), though checking that may require that you have installed an image editor with DDS file support, like Paint.net.

Yeah, I figured it out like, 5 minutes after I posted this when I tried a reinstall. For whatever reason, that menu didn't show the last time I installed it

I tried to do an update and really found no motivation lol. However, I leave here the link to all the resources that I have been using for tattoos, and many that I did not use. From images, to mtl files (these open with Mudbox) and psd (open with GIMP)

If one day I upload a new update, I will include the files on the main page.

https://mega.nz/folder/bpg2AS6L#fyI3frzn3rwrEJXGbXSatw

KissaFayd.png.1449d368d7a7ec537b19391f45d8d17f.png

StopThinking.png.96fd7630ef6d39b751553cfc7e7faa00.png

Tattoo2.png.477979c4338fa0a77e6638f22e17ae53.png

52 minutes ago, SimsSims111 said:

I see you've got some body freckle files in there, any chance you could add those or make them a separate mod at some point? I have yet to find a mod that adds any at all that isnt a texture replacer, so it would be very neat.

Yeah, sure, I was thinking of doing it at some point, but there are the resources in case someone wants to do it now.

On 4/20/2022 at 8:49 AM, JB. said:

I tried to do an update and really found no motivation lol. However, I leave here the link to all the resources that I have been using for tattoos, and many that I did not use. From images, to mtl files (these open with Mudbox) and psd (open with GIMP)

well, how about some large-net fishnet which a real whore would swear. i haven't found any of it. if you have could you share it?

Some section of womb or others will be a big area.

or just add some facial tats, i personally want some symmetrical version of some current tats.

Exellent mod . i have a question, sorry for importune or waste ur time. i tell u quickly. am doing a tattoo mod more like mandolesian gliched  mandala etc and hard fine line tribals  like https://www.instagram.com/12.bbk/. but i want some color on them ,like black and red etc but  no way for me i dont get any idea how to render correctly or what format of dds DXT whit gimp or other software . only get black box textures or black and white whit no color tatoos in the game i dont know if i loosse anything more  in the way. or what have to learn.. like mip map material editions o works in Ck etc. Do you know any tutorial ?to follow beacause some of that ,like  the posted in the nexus ,who i follow dont function for me or am very bad  my work is stopped beacause dont have PS etc and my poor mod experience .  and i really enjoy ur work and see that u know how to do that type of work who i  like, i want anything like  ur belly colored tattoos example but for chest or arms . in the end i want to know how to put color in overlays  i read that is dificult in coments and post but u do it , .how format u render in gimp exactly.  well  sorry again my name is gabi and sorry for my english am latin. Thanks

24 minutes ago, gabiiiLL said:

Exellent mod . i have a question, sorry for importune or waste ur time. i tell u quickly. am doing a tattoo mod more like mandolesian gliched  mandala etc and hard fine line tribals  like https://www.instagram.com/12.bbk/. but i want some color on them ,like black and red etc but  no way for me i dont get any idea how to render correctly or what format of dds DXT whit gimp or other software . only get black box textures or black and white whit no color tatoos in the game i dont know if i loosse anything more  in the way. or what have to learn.. like mip map material editions o works in Ck etc. Do you know any tutorial ?to follow beacause some of that ,like  the posted in the nexus ,who i follow dont function for me or am very bad  my work is stopped beacause dont have PS etc and my poor mod experience .  and i really enjoy ur work and see that u know how to do that type of work who i  like, i want anything like  ur belly colored tattoos example but for chest or arms . in the end i want to know how to put color in overlays  i read that is dificult in coments and post but u do it , .how format u render in gimp exactly.  well  sorry again my name is gabi and sorry for my english am latin. Thanks

The key is to put the right values on the material.

Download "BAE" https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/78/

Open it, find "SlaveTattoos - Main" file. Find "NukaRide.bgem" and extract it to any folder you like. Open it with "Material Editor". You will see that there are all the necessary values for your overlay to have color.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, in advance, but I can't read through 41 pages to troubleshoot this issue I'm having. Whenever I finish up in the looks menu and type TFC into the console, it just brings me to the character's face, doesn't allow me to move or control her at all. What I'm trying right now is installing the Mod Organizer because the Looksmenu mod keeps being toggled off in the game, but I have no clue if that'll fix it. Anyone know a fix/workaround for this issue? I run into this same problem with the Looksmenu mirror mod too T_T

3 hours ago, NOxONE said:

Sorry, in advance, but I can't read through 41 pages to troubleshoot this issue I'm having. Whenever I finish up in the looks menu and type TFC into the console, it just brings me to the character's face, doesn't allow me to move or control her at all. What I'm trying right now is installing the Mod Organizer because the Looksmenu mod keeps being toggled off in the game, but I have no clue if that'll fix it. Anyone know a fix/workaround for this issue? I run into this same problem with the Looksmenu mirror mod too T_T

I type tfc before going into looks menu. And I make sure to sit in a chair before going into looksmenu as well.

If I sit in the chair, it lets me use console command to rotate myself (player.modangle z [a number]). 

If I don't sit in the chair, I will get a bug if I edit my body such that the camera will go haywire until I equip a weapon. Also if I don't sit in the chair it won't let me rotate myself.

20 hours ago, Karna5 said:

I type tfc before going into looks menu. And I make sure to sit in a chair before going into looksmenu as well.

If I sit in the chair, it lets me use console command to rotate myself (player.modangle z [a number]). 

If I don't sit in the chair, I will get a bug if I edit my body such that the camera will go haywire until I equip a weapon. Also if I don't sit in the chair it won't let me rotate myself.

I searched some of the forum posts at Nexus and found a workaround that works for me. Favoriting a gun, then equipping/aiming it snaps the camera into the right place. But I'll definitely try your way next time; can't have enough workarounds after all. Thanks for the help! :D

Can we apply the tattoos to all captive instances? Like I read the tutorial and understand how to apply to MC but what if I just want all the captives that spawn to have full body tattoos by default, is this possible? Maybe there's a special SLM code thats attached to captive's presets? 

EDIT: Just to be clear when I say Captives I'm reffering to those spawned by the Commonwealth Captives mod.

Edited by silent_ninja
extra info
10 hours ago, silent_ninja said:

Can we apply the tattoos to all captive instances? Like I read the tutorial and understand how to apply to MC but what if I just want all the captives that spawn to have full body tattoos by default, is this possible? Maybe there's a special SLM code thats attached to captive's presets? 

EDIT: Just to be clear when I say Captives I'm reffering to those spawned by the Commonwealth Captives mod.

This mod doesn't automatically apply tattoos to any characters (neither the player character nor non-player characters). You might check out Random Overlay Framework which does have that feature (and can use the overlays from this mod), though the newer version also requires use of Family Planning Enhanced Redux which may be a no-go for some users. If you do decide to use it, you can set the odds of overlays spawning on captives by adjusting the chance percentage on the "DLC04 Slaves" category, which as its name implies also affects the overlay spawn chance for the Nuka World slave workers.

10 hours ago, vaultbait said:

This mod doesn't automatically apply tattoos to any characters (neither the player character nor non-player characters). You might check out Random Overlay Framework which does have that feature (and can use the overlays from this mod), though the newer version also requires use of Family Planning Enhanced Redux which may be a no-go for some users. If you do decide to use it, you can set the odds of overlays spawning on captives by adjusting the chance percentage on the "DLC04 Slaves" category, which as its name implies also affects the overlay spawn chance for the Nuka World slave workers.

I will be reworking that part whenever I get back into modding

• 3 weeks later...

Hey first of all awesome mod! Sorry if this has been asked before but the face tats dont seem to work for me. Body does just fine. Already tried to remove all face texture mods but nothing. I can aply them but they just dont show up. Does anyone have a solution?