Captive Tattoos (LooksMenu Overlays / Facial Tattoos / Males / Females)

1 hour ago, nonofyodambiznes said:

can't get this mod (or any other tattoo mod/skin overlay) to work

need help please i already have all the requirements installed

Can you describe in more detail what you're trying exactly and what behavior you observe? Like for example, when you load up the LooksMenu interface, go to body and then overlays, and press whatever button it says to add an overlay, do you get a list of them? Do you see whichever one you've highlighted show up on the body as a preview? If you choose to add that one and then exit out of the LooksMenu interface, does it stay applied to the body?

7 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Can you describe in more detail what you're trying exactly and what behavior you observe? Like for example, when you load up the LooksMenu interface, go to body and then overlays, and press whatever button it says to add an overlay, do you get a list of them? Do you see whichever one you've highlighted show up on the body as a preview? If you choose to add that one and then exit out of the LooksMenu interface, does it stay applied to the body?

i don't see a single skin overlay or tattoo listed in the body/overlays or extras in the looksmenu, face tattoos work fine (or at least they used to before the latest aaf update turned my character's face brown for some reason) but body tattoos don't show up

tried disabling and then re-enabling skin overlays in the f4ee.ini but it didn't help

mod menu says they are loaded and working properly and i get a ''your rapist left a tattoo on your body'' notification and tattoo remover in dugout inn is there but body tattoos (and not just from this mod) don't show up and are not listed in looksmenu

Edited by nonofyodambiznes
6 minutes ago, nonofyodambiznes said:

i don't see a single skin overlay or tattoo listed in the body/overlays or extras in the looksmenu, face tattoos work fine (or at least they used to before the latest aaf update turned my character's face brown for some reason) but body tattoos don't show up

tried disabling and then re-enabling skin overlays in the f4ee.ini but it didn't help

mod menu says they are loaded and working properly and i get a ''your rapist left a tattoo on your body'' notification and tattoo remover in dugout inn is there but body tattoos (and not just from this mod) don't show up and are not listed in looksmenu

That definitely sounds strange. Are you using any mods like Unique Player Body or some custom player race? (Full disclosure, I have no idea whether those sorts of mods could conflict in the way you're describing, I don't use them personally so just grasping at straws at this point.)

11 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

That definitely sounds strange. Are you using any mods like Unique Player Body or some custom player race? (Full disclosure, I have no idea whether those sorts of mods could conflict in the way you're describing, I don't use them personally so just grasping at straws at this point.)

i use cbbe, animated fannies (which i doubt its the cause of the issue) and a bunch of clothe mods

heard somebody mention something about looksmenu having an overlay plugin which i can't seem to find either way i think its a looksmenu issue 

could give you a list of my mods if you want

22 minutes ago, nonofyodambiznes said:

i use cbbe, animated fannies (which i doubt its the cause of the issue) and a bunch of clothe mods

heard somebody mention something about looksmenu having an overlay plugin which i can't seem to find either way i think its a looksmenu issue 

could give you a list of my mods if you want

Updating AAF shouldn't trigger the rusty face bug either. It sounds like you may have a deeper problem with your overall setup.

The overlays from this mod should get loaded by F4EE/LM so long as the SlaveTattoos.esp plugin is active. Is it in your plugins.txt? Are you over the 254 active plugin limit maybe (ignoring ESL and ESL-flagged ESP plugins anyway)?

14 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Updating AAF shouldn't trigger the rusty face bug either. It sounds like you may have a deeper problem with your overall setup.

i don't know the last aaf and aaf theme patch broke a whole bunch of stuff and corrupted a few of my save files but i managed to get the game working again not sure what to do with the brown face though

15 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

The overlays from this mod should get loaded by F4EE/LM so long as the SlaveTattoos.esp plugin is active. Is it in your plugins.txt?

slavetattoos.esp is active and according to mod menu is working properly but skin tattoos are not being shown in looksmenu

i don't know i tried everything but nothing seems to work when it comes to body tattoos, guess it wasn't meant to be

18 hours ago, nonofyodambiznes said:

i checked the nexus forums and apparently its a very common problem and there's no fix for it

Clearly there's some fix for it, because lots of us are using overlays. "I can't figure out what's causing the problem" isn't the same thing as "unfixable." As far as what the fix is, that'll likely be clear if you can manage to identify the cause.

18 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Clearly there's some fix for it, because lots of us are using overlays. "I can't figure out what's causing the problem" isn't the same thing as "unfixable." As far as what the fix is, that'll likely be clear if you can manage to identify the cause.

all the requirements are working properly and ive been through trobleshooting steps but its not working and im not the only user with the same problem

my f4se is up to date, my looksmenu is up to date aaaaaaaand i just created a completely new mod profile in mo2 and loaded nothing but looksmenu, cbbe and captive tattoos 3.0.2 to make sure other mods are not causing any problem and went through troubleshooting steps twice and started a new game aaaand nothing is changed..  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

images.jpg.c91852667099f95f547b3d0f2c18a027.jpg

game version 1.10.163

script extender 6.21

looksmenu 1.6.20

mod organizer 2.4.2

captive tattoos 3.0.2

caliente's beautiful bodies enhancer 2.6.3

bodytalk 3.0

On 9/8/2021 at 11:40 PM, nonofyodambiznes said:

slavetattoos.esp is active and according to mod menu is working properly but skin tattoos are not being shown in looksmenu

Just to be absolutely clear, you're out in the Commonwealth (post-war, no idea if that matters since I don't use mods until the vault exit, so maybe?), you do slm 14 in the console to bring up LooksMenu, you switch to body mode, you go into overlays, you choose to add an overlay, and the selection list is empty?

Edited by vaultbait
5 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Just to be absolutely clear, you're out in the Commonwealth (post-war, no idea if that matters since I don't use mods until the vault exit, so maybe?), you do slm 14 in the console to bring up LooksMenu, you switch to body mode, you go into overlays, you choose to add an overlay, and the selection list is empty?

if you read the nexus forums you'll see that im not the only user with the same problem

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/25000?tab=posts

its a real shame though because i was really excited about this mod and really wanted it to work

7 hours ago, nonofyodambiznes said:

if you read the nexus forums you'll see that im not the only user with the same problem

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/25000?tab=posts

its a real shame though because i was really excited about this mod and really wanted it to work

Closely watching the in-game video capture you posted, it looks like the option to add overlays is greyed out. A little reading around suggests that this can happen when F4SE is not correctly/fully installed. When you installed F4SE, did you make sure to install the scripts which come in its archive into the Data\Scripts folder? This is an often overlooked step in the F4SE installation instructions which could explain your problem. Also make sure you don't have any other mods overwriting the scripts from F4SE (for example, an old version of ZazOut4).

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

Closely watching the in-game video capture you posted, it looks like the option to add overlays is greyed out. A little reading around suggests that this can happen when F4SE is not correctly/fully installed. When you installed F4SE, did you make sure to install the scripts which come in its archive into the Data\Scripts folder? This is an often overlooked step in the F4SE installation instructions which could explain your problem. Also make sure you don't have any other mods overwriting the scripts from F4SE (for example, an old version of ZazOut4).

just removed zazout entirely, redownloaded and reinstalled f4se and checked the script folder, went through troubleshooting steps aaaaand nothing is changed

i give up, its unfixable

some mods just don't work 

On 9/12/2021 at 12:06 AM, nonofyodambiznes said:

just removed zazout entirely, redownloaded and reinstalled f4se and checked the script folder, went through troubleshooting steps aaaaand nothing is changed

i give up, its unfixable

some mods just don't work 

P
E
B
C
A
K

You can work out that acronym...

To borrow from the template in the Discord;

if you use Vortex navigate to `Documents\My Games\Fallout 4` or if you use MO2 then click on the puzzle icon and then on iNi Editor.
Open/click `Fallout4Custom(.iNi)` [the iNi extension may not be visible, based on your settings] and add the following to it:
[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

Because, as @vaultbait points out, ya scripts won't do shit if they aren't loaded at all, and I can clearly see that's the case in the recording.

Also, never open the in-game menu again.
It is nothing but problems, including suddenly finding LM or other mods disabled for no reason.

18 hours ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

P
E
B
C
A
K

You can work out that acronym...

To borrow from the template in the Discord;

Because, as @vaultbait points out, ya scripts won't do shit if they aren't loaded at all, and I can clearly see that's the case in the recording.

Also, never open the in-game menu again.
It is nothing but problems, including suddenly finding LM or other mods disabled for no reason.

i had already done that and didn't work but this time i tried adding it at the start instead of the bottom and it worked! thank's for the advice, think krisser143 should point it out that the line has to be at the start of the text instead of its bottom 

10 minutes ago, Cornoholio said:

Unpack, edit a few images, repack to same format and place ideally. B.A.E does only extract, not pack, or did I miss something?

D'oh! You're correct. I was confusing it with Archive2.exe which is what I've mainly used, and that does indeed come from the FO4CK. I don't do it often, obviously, but my notes say I was unpacking BA2 files with BAE and then recreating them with Archive2 once I'd changed whatever I needed to change to the content.

Cathedral Assets Optimizer is one I only just found out about earlier this week, haven't tried it yet, but it seems to be specifically geared toward mass archiving of "loose" file mods.

Edited by vaultbait
12 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

D'oh! You're correct. I was confusing it with Archive2.exe which is what I've mainly used, and that does indeed come from the FO4CK. I don't do it often, obviously, but my notes say I was unpacking BA2 files with BAE and then recreating them with Archive2 once I'd changed whatever I needed to change to the content.

Cathedral Assets Optimizer is one I only just found out about earlier this week, haven't tried it yet, but it seems to be specifically geared toward mass archiving of "loose" file mods.

Huh. Hm, sure would be nice to take a mod with a few tattoo overlays, unpack, edit images any way I want, repack and *blam*, new tattoos installed. Used to do that in Skyrim with a slavetats-pack, here things are BA2-packed and while that saves a ton of memory it lead to my current question. CreationKit does a million things I don't need, something I never liked in my software. (why use Foobar2000 when VLC exists).

Archive2 you say... guess I'll try that once I actually find out how to get it other than DLing the whole creationkit shebang.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/articles/2730/ has apparently a manual. Theoretically I should just be able to repack the same way it was packed before.

Edited by Cornoholio
1 minute ago, Cornoholio said:

Huh. Hm, sure would be nice to take a mod with a few tattoo overlays, unpack, edit images any way I want, repack and *blam*, new tattoos installed. Used to do that in Skyrim with a slavetats-pack, here things are BA2-packed and while that saves a ton of memory it lead to my current question. CreationKit does a million things I don't need, something I never liked in my software. (why use Foobar2000 when VLC exists).

If it helps, just because FO4CK is installed that doesn't mean you need to run all of it. I have it installed but (so far) only ever run Archive2.exe (for creating BA2 archives) and PapyrusCompiler.exe (for compiling Papyrus scripts). If I need to create or modify plugins I use the most excellent FO4Edit instead.

5 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

If it helps, just because FO4CK is installed that doesn't mean you need to run all of it. I have it installed but (so far) only ever run Archive2.exe (for creating BA2 archives) and PapyrusCompiler.exe (for compiling Papyrus scripts). If I need to create or modify plugins I use the most excellent FO4Edit instead.

Any idea where you can actually DL that FO4CK? Embarrassingly I can't seem to find a DL without that cancer-y bethesda launcher

Edited by Cornoholio
11 minutes ago, Cornoholio said:

Any idea where you can actually DL that FO4CK? Embarrassingly I can't seem to find a DL without that cancer-y bethesda launcher

That's the only way I'm aware of: sign up for a bethesda.net account, install Bethesda Launcher, use it to add/install the Creation Kit. Since I was playing FO76 from launch day, I already had an account and the launcher by the time I got around to wanting to use things from the CK, but yes I agree it's a lot to ask just to get your hands on a simple utility.

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

That's the only way I'm aware of: sign up for a bethesda.net account, install Bethesda Launcher, use it to add/install the Creation Kit. Since I was playing FO76 from launch day, I already had an account and the launcher by the time I got around to wanting to use things from the CK, but yes I agree it's a lot to ask just to get your hands on a simple utility.

Well damn. How big is that tool itself anyway, compared to ther full CC?