Captive Tattoos (LooksMenu Overlays / Facial Tattoos / Males / Females)

Hey, I have a strange error. The tattoos on the body are correct, the problem is only with the tattoos on the face (they do not display even though they are available in the menu and are used)  Tryed all of them, but no result :/

image.png.e448b9778427170a8e0653a348229c67.png

Edited by Casa98
adding img
8 minutes ago, Casa98 said:

Hey, I have a strange error. The tattoos on the body are correct, the problem is only with the tattoos on the face (they do not display even though they are available in the menu and are used)  Tryed all of them, but no result :/

When installing, you selected the wrong texture resolution for faces in the FOMOD installer menu. If you have vanilla (1K) face textures you can't install HD (2K) face tattoos, or vice versa. The game engine is quite picky about it (unlike with body texture/overlay resolutions).

33 minutes ago, DarkLeon54 said:

Does this mod include a dirty overlay for the body?

No, though it does have whip marks and bruises. For dirt you could either swap the character to using the "dirty" (raider) skin or use a mod like Get Dirty or CWSS to do it with shaders. I'm not personally aware of any mods providing dirt overlays for the body, though Raider Queen is a really excellent body texture mod where even the "clean" textures are quite filthy-looking.

14 hours ago, vaultbait said:

No, though it does have whip marks and bruises. For dirt you could either swap the character to using the "dirty" (raider) skin or use a mod like Get Dirty or CWSS to do it with shaders. I'm not personally aware of any mods providing dirt overlays for the body, though Raider Queen is a really excellent body texture mod where even the "clean" textures are quite filthy-looking.

I can't find that "Raider Queen" textures you are talking about

14 hours ago, vaultbait said:

I can't find that "Raider Queen" textures you are talking about

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wasn't there an older Whipped and branded version of the tats, that had a full body overlay? Like all of them at once, with variations with dirt? I had assumed it would have been moved over to the 3.0 of this one, But Can't seem to find it. 

I don't mind adding in each one as an individual overlay , but it should would save time. 

That being said, it is possible I am remembering wrong all together.

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed what might be an issue with the BBC options? The game loads the slavetats for the face and body fine if I install with all tattoos but If I select "Only BBC tattoos" then the Slavetats option in "Extra" is gone but body overlays are there, also TatsafterRape doesn't work if with this option (or atleast the debug doesn't work)
So any suggestions on which options to tick off If I want the game to work just with the BBC content and Tatsafterrape?

3 hours ago, Xynfros said:

I noticed what might be an issue with the BBC options? The game loads the slavetats for the face and body fine if I install with all tattoos but If I select "Only BBC tattoos" then the Slavetats option in "Extra" is gone but body overlays are there, also TatsafterRape doesn't work if with this option (or atleast the debug doesn't work)
So any suggestions on which options to tick off If I want the game to work just with the BBC content and Tatsafterrape?

Hey, you are right, if you can go into the installed folder you will see that by mistake it is installed like this: 

2.png.c01939eaa75b6b2a0ac415e1facf6d83.png

Grab the F4EE folder, go to F4SE and paste it into the Plugins folder. 

It only happens with those who installed exclusively BBC tattoos.

Edited by JB.

In the "IDs, Resources" .xlsx file does the "Faction" column appear to be misaligned for anyone else? (Kinda looks as if someone selected the entire column and moved it up by two rows.)  
I am using Office Libre to view the file so trying to figure out if it's a formatting issue on my end or that's the original condition.  

Edited by Chupacabra Gonzales

The body overlays work just fine on custom races.

However, i can't seem to make facial tattoos appear on anything else but the vanilla races?  Is there a way around this?

I might not even keep the custom race, it turned out to be a bit too outlandish for my tastes, but i'm still determined to make this work regardless. 

45 minutes ago, PegasusKoga said:

The body overlays work just fine on custom races.

However, i can't seem to make facial tattoos appear on anything else but the vanilla races?  Is there a way around this?

I might not even keep the custom race, it turned out to be a bit too outlandish for my tastes, but i'm still determined to make this work regardless. 

Try changing the race ID here. 

"categories.json", located in DATA\F4SE\Plugins\F4EE\Tints\SlaveTattoos.esp.

You need to use Paint.Net (also free). I like The Gimp's interface better, so I'll usually use Paint.Net to open the DDS and save it as PNG, then edit it with The Gimp and export that back to PNG, then open the PNG in Paint.Net and copy the image, pasting it back into the original DDS before saving (so as to preserve the original texture compression settings there).

On 11/2/2022 at 12:33 AM, Gamaramdi said:

@JB.
My friend... is it me or there's some tattoos that can't be opened? they dont apply on the mod and don't open on gimp or photoshop... ?

image.thumb.png.324e7ae17603b0885c7d0c7e036243a7.png

I use Photoshop so you won't be able to open those DDS files with Gimp. 

I use Gimp to make normal maps of some textures but all the final process is done with Phothoshop and once that is done you won't be able to open the files with Gimp. 

3 hours ago, JB. said:

I use Photoshop so you won't be able to open those DDS files with Gimp. 

I use Gimp to make normal maps of some textures but all the final process is done with Phothoshop and once that is done you won't be able to open the files with Gimp. 

image.thumb.png.4e92292f88da6eb476b9288beed08144.png

95% of the dds opens with both... there's just 4 or 5 with this thing, they don't show on the game either

Edited by Gamaramdi
  • 5 weeks later...