Captive Tattoos (LooksMenu Overlays / Facial Tattoos / Males / Females)

5 minutes ago, Pokalplayer said:

So I re-installed the Mod and it works now? Also via LooksMenu overlay manager, I assume it had to do with the 1k and 2k thing.

Oh, was it face tattoos which weren't showing up? Those are implemented via face tints which need to match the resolution of whatever face texture you're using. The body tattoos are implemented as skin overlays, which are more forgiving (but don't work on faces unfortunately).

9 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Oh, was it face tattoos which weren't showing up? Those are implemented via face tints which need to match the resolution of whatever face texture you're using. The body tattoos are implemented as skin overlays, which are more forgiving (but don't work on faces unfortunately).

Nope, neither Face or Body ones were showing up on NPC's but they did on PC, again I just re-installed the mod and it seems to work now

1 hour ago, Pokalplayer said:

Nope, neither Face or Body ones were showing up on NPC's but they did on PC, again I just re-installed the mod and it seems to work now

Yeah, then it shouldn't have affected whether body tattoos would display, so it was probably something else besides the resolution option. Are you using any mods which separate the player and NPC bodies, such as Unique Player?

43 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Yeah, then it shouldn't have affected whether body tattoos would display, so it was probably something else besides the resolution option. Are you using any mods which separate the player and NPC bodies, such as Unique Player?

Nope, not that I consciously remember, skimming trough my mod list didn't reveal much either

so i got the mod all working for my character, face and body tats work perfectly, but when i try adding them to an NPC, this happens. any ideas on what could be effecting it? using the 1k face tats if it matters at all. also not using anything that should alter npc bodies/faces besides CBBEimage.png.c42b7393a1683d4d3cf69fb6a6182fa5.png

17 hours ago, zane0 said:

This provides a lot of great content. When adding tattoos to NPCs though: it takes a long while to scroll through the overlay list. And I can only add one at a time. Any shortcuts I don't know about?

If using a controller, you can scroll with the directional button and analog stick simultaneously to go roughly twice as fast. Does that count as a workaround? Dunno.

But yes, this is quite painful, I have a lot of tattoo packs some of which rival this one in size, so scrolling to find a specific one can take a minute or longer. Really wish LooksMenu had the ability to sort overlays into a submenu tree or something.

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

If using a controller, you can scroll with the directional button and analog stick simultaneously to go roughly twice as fast. Does that count as a workaround? Dunno.

But yes, this is quite painful, I have a lot of tattoo packs some of which rival this one in size, so scrolling to find a specific one can take a minute or longer. Really wish LooksMenu had the ability to sort overlays into a submenu tree or something.

would it be possible to make a favorites? It might make things quicker?

2 minutes ago, keymaster1965 said:

would it be possible to make a favorites? It might make things quicker?

Also not a current feature of LooksMenu, unless you're suggesting putting specific overlays into a preset (in which case yes it helps if you want to avoid repeatedly building some particular combinations, I already do that when possible).

3 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Also not a current feature of LooksMenu, unless you're suggesting putting specific overlays into a preset (in which case yes it helps if you want to avoid repeatedly building some particular combinations, I already do that when possible).

I dont know how to make presets or any of that stuff, love your mod its a must have on my list :)

14 hours ago, keymaster1965 said:

I dont know how to make presets or any of that stuff, love your mod its a must have on my list :)

This isn't my mod, I'm just another user!

In the LooksMenu interface, there's a presets option on its main menu. From there, you can create a new preset (with your current face settings, tints, hairstyle and color, body triangle and slider values, overlays, skin...) and give it a name. This saves it to a persistent JSON file on disk which you can load again from LooksMenu later. It's useful for saving a character's look so you can quickly switch between them or reapply one when you start a new playthrough, or share your creation with other users. It works the same on unique NPCs too (the named characters you come across in the commonwealth), though not on dynamically-generated ones like settlers.

Edited by vaultbait
3 hours ago, vaultbait said:

This isn't my mod, I'm just another user!

In the LooksMenu interface, there's a presets option on its main menu. From there, you can create a new preset (with your current face settings, tints, hairstyle and color, body triangle and slider values, overlays, skin...) and give it a name. This saves it to a persistent JSON file on disk which you can load again from LooksMenu later. It's useful for saving a character's look so you can quickly switch between them or reapply one when you start a new playthrough, or share your creation with other users. It works the same on unique NPCs too (the named characters you come across in the commonwealth), though not on dynamically-generated ones like settlers.

sharing my presets wouldnt work for me lol I have 382 mods loaded dont know what needs what lol

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Hiddenboi said:

could you by any chance add stretch marks on the body 

It is possible, but you need to get a clean png with transparency with those marks. I never found them.

I want to add those and the rope markings for a future update, but without the png I won't be able to.

ok so i found a mod on Skyrim that is called Skin Feature Overlays - Freckles Scars Birthmarks Stretch Marks Moles and More for Face and Body RaceMenu Overlays and it has stretch marks i was wondering if those images could be used I am also currently asking the creator of the mod if we can use them 

Edited by Hiddenboi
1 hour ago, Hiddenboi said:

ok so i found a mod on Skyrim that is called Skin Feature Overlays - Freckles Scars Birthmarks Stretch Marks Moles and More for Face and Body RaceMenu Overlays and it has stretch marks i was wondering if those images could be used I am also currently asking the creator of the mod if we can use them 

Great find!

I think @Invictusblade mentioned wanting to add some overlays in Family Planning Enhanced Redux as well, particularly pregnancy stretch marks (belly and possibly breasts), and I suppose additional veining on the breasts as well as some body flushing.

ok so i found a mod on skyrim that is called Skin Feature Overlays - Freckles Scars Birthmarks Stretch Marks Moles and More for Face and Body RaceMenu Overlays and it has stretch marks i was wondering if those images could be used GOOD news we can use it although they said it would be hard 

17 minutes ago, Hiddenboi said:

i want to use this with the weight gain mod for realism and im hoping this could work 

I downloaded the image and it's ok, a bit meh. But it will do. I won't be able to work on this mod, but if you want to try it, download this file and install it.

Do you know the tattoo that covers your whole body with doodles? It's called "CapTats ($Body) Full Body." Well this patch replaces for the stretch marks you recommended me.

I can't even test it, but at first glance it doesn't seem like a very good pic. You need normal maps and specular maps to make it look real. I can do that myself, but it won't be soon.

Stretch mark.7z