[AAF] RSE II: Combat Surrender and Abductions (12/30/19)

12 hours ago, AngelPhoenix69 said:

Sorry for this question, I'm getting back into Fallout. What happened to Joe?

Joe (Flashy) QR left Loverslab, and the mods here, some time ago.  Ostensibly he left because, A) he wanted some big gaming software house to notice his work and hire him.  B) Because he started feeling that mods like RSEI and RSEII were sexist and demeaning to women.

I could give my version, but I'll be nice.

13 hours ago, AngelPhoenix69 said:

Sorry for this question, I'm getting back into Fallout. What happened to Joe?

You can find his more recent (less kinky) work on Nexus, in particular his Advanced Needs II and Crime and Punishment mods there still seem to be at least somewhat actively maintained.

2 hours ago, tinkerbelle said:

Joe (Flashy) QR left Loverslab, and the mods here, some time ago.  Ostensibly he left because, A) he wanted some big gaming software house to notice his work and hire him.  B) Because he started feeling that mods like RSEI and RSEII were sexist and demeaning to women.

I could give my version, but I'll be nice.

Ah, thank you for telling me as well as vaultbait. Sounds like he changed while I was modding Skyrim and playing other games. I'm not really surprised though. 

On 12/5/2020 at 12:51 AM, s520864 said:

is the RSE 2 suite of mods compatible with Frost? i heard that RSE was good to use alongside Frost, but that was 3 years ago i think

They're not really maintained any longer, but I honestly don't know whether they're more broken with Frost than they already are on their own. I used to run all the RSE mods but these days I'm just down to CSA and that's really only so I can use Violate's integration for abductions, which are also increasingly broken as the rest of the ecosystem continues to move on and leave it behind.

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Zuriax said:

Love this mod so far but is there an option to not have clothes placed on you after abduction? AAF doesn't strip for me so all the animations after abduction are in hobo clothes ?

Yes, there is an option right there in the MCM to begin abduction naked or clothed.

5 hours ago, Olmech said:

Yes, there is an option right there in the MCM to begin abduction naked or clothed.

Thank you for the reply I saw the option after poking around the MCM for a bit. Now I'm having trouble getting hardship or sexual harassment to work with this mod. Keep getting a message that I can't do anything because I'm being held captive.

19 hours ago, Zuriax said:

Thank you for the reply I saw the option after poking around the MCM for a bit. Now I'm having trouble getting hardship or sexual harassment to work with this mod. Keep getting a message that I can't do anything because I'm being held captive.

Sexual Harassment worked fine with this mod last time I tried it. I have not run this mod in a long time, so maybe something in the last few SH updates messed it up. The only feature about this mod that isnt really broken in some way is Abduction. I finally decided that it just wasnt worth a spot in my load order anymore. I use Raider Pet, Sexual Harassment, Hardship. Hardship will not work with this mod. It will turn off till you are free of Abduction and must be turned back on manually.

When my PC surrenders, no animation will be played. PC just stands there with hands up in the air and nothing will happen. Violate worked well for me, but I wanted to check out this mod's abduction system. I have tried disabling Violate - didn't fix it. Then I enabled Violate and the issue still persist - nothing will happen whatsoever. Any help on this?

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, ZetsuboSeishin said:

I think the MCM Menu settings dont get saved for the [AAF] RSE II: Combat Surrender and Abductions

I am using MO2 and I dont see the .ini file being generated on the settings folder from MCM. Other mods who use MCM have generating the file but not this one.

That's correct, you have to set them at the start of any new playthrough with this particular mod, I just keep some handy notes to remind me what I normally adjust from default.

44 minutes ago, 1337DragonWolf said:

Surrendering to creatures doesn't seem to work. I'm trying to surrender to a Deathclaw, and all I get is the two standing side-by-side doing nothing.

At this point I wouldn't use this mod as anything other than an abduction framework, and instead rely on AAF Violate for combat surrender.

3 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

At this point I wouldn't use this mod as anything other than an abduction framework, and instead rely on AAF Violate for combat surrender.

This is what anyone using this mod should do. Turn everything in this mod off except Abduction features. Rely on Violate to handle the initiation. would very much like to see a straight up abduction only mod just to simplify things. As it is, I prefer the more fleshed out Hardship and Raider Pet situations those mods offer.

• 1 month later...

Ok so I have a question about the time you will be held for after being abducted. Is the collar supposed to blow up and the end of that time or are you released? Although not sure it really matters since I usually get blown up anyway like a day or 2 in and doesn't reach the amount of days I have set to be held captive. Most likely it's some other issue with my mods that are causing an issue but figured I'd check here and see if it might be something else.

On 2/26/2021 at 8:54 PM, dmeac4456 said:

Ok so I have a question about the time you will be held for after being abducted. Is the collar supposed to blow up and the end of that time or are you released? Although not sure it really matters since I usually get blown up anyway like a day or 2 in and doesn't reach the amount of days I have set to be held captive. Most likely it's some other issue with my mods that are causing an issue but figured I'd check here and see if it might be something else.

This mod doesn't put any collar on you, at least not that I've ever seen. It does have its own integration with Real Handcuffs (I think, I'd have to look in the MCM to confirm), but I don't recall ever experiencing it apply a collar from RH (collars weren't added to RH until after CAP was no longer under active development).

It could be that you saw Violate's Real Handcuffs integration apply a shock collar before you were handed off to this with the Violate integration for CSA. What CSA abductions do is either turn the captors hostile on you (i.e. they decide to kill you), or they dump you naked somewhere at the end of the timer.

Another possibility is you're confusing this mod with Raider Pet, which does put an explosive collar on you, and it will blow your head off if you don't satisfy its requirements (well, usually anyway... there's also a chance it's a dud and will just fizzle out too).

Yes I am aware the mod doesn't have put the bomb collar on, but it does have integration for raiders pet which was why I thought it had something to do with the issue I am having. Though since I asked the question I've come to the conclusion that the issue is the collar is put on for raiders pet, but then sold causing the collar to activate because of the location change. Most likely the issue is with another mod though wasn't sure. Thanks for the help.

1 hour ago, dmeac4456 said:

Yes I am aware the mod doesn't have put the bomb collar on, but it does have integration for raiders pet which was why I thought it had something to do with the issue I am having. Though since I asked the question I've come to the conclusion that the issue is the collar is put on for raiders pet, but then sold causing the collar to activate because of the location change. Most likely the issue is with another mod though wasn't sure. Thanks for the help.

Oh, yes the RP "integration" in CSA doesn't do much other than turn off the perimeter which would otherwise make your captors go hostile on you. But you're basically expected to go into the MCM and manually end the abduction once collared, since CSA will interfere with RP's dialogue.

21 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Oh, yes the RP "integration" in CSA doesn't do much other than turn off the perimeter which would otherwise make your captors go hostile on you. But you're basically expected to go into the MCM and manually end the abduction once collared, since CSA will interfere with RP's dialogue.

Oh the joys of modding lol. Thanks for the help