DeepBlueFrog

SkyrimLL/DeepBlueFrog mods conversion to SSE

1 hour ago, gregaaz said:

Interesting. On my copy, the non _devious folder is completely absent. Perhaps something got messed up with the MO2 install? If it's there now, however, I guess all is good going forward.

Edit - though given that at least one other person seems to have the same issue, I'm not sure it's entirely just my problem?

It wouldn't surprise me if there are some issues with MO2.

I am still going old school with everything dumped into the Data folder. 

I never got into using MO.. I tried Vortex and it made a mess of my load order (and nearly doubled my disk usage from those _managed_by_vortex folders), so I gave up on the whole virtual, managed profile thing.

Vortex does not double your disk usage. Read up on Windows Hard Links. Windows will report your game storage as if the mods were actually there - but it is just pointers to the actual mods.

Under Vortex - mods do not use any space in your game directory.

12 minutes ago, fred200 said:

Vortex does not double your disk usage. Read up on Windows Hard Links. Windows will report your game storage as if the mods were actually there - but it is just pointers to the actual mods.

Under Vortex - mods do not use any space in your game directory.

Good to know about the storage.

It does however mess up my load order every time I open it up to install a fomod archive (the only reason I was using NMM).

Now it is probably something I did not configure right, but I didn't want to spend a whole lot of time troubleshooting that.

If you are happy with what you are doing - keep doing it.

Be aware that help is available if you get the urge to try Vortex again.

Note: Loot is built in to Vortex. The order is set by Loot, with rules you optionally specify added on top.

6 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

Good to know about the storage.

It does however mess up my load order every time I open it up to install a fomod archive (the only reason I was using NMM).

Now it is probably something I did not configure right, but I didn't want to spend a whole lot of time troubleshooting that.

6 hours ago, fred200 said:

If you are happy with what you are doing - keep doing it.

Be aware that help is available if you get the urge to try Vortex again.

Note: Loot is built in to Vortex. The order is set by Loot, with rules you optionally specify added on top.

I use Vortex and find it to be a useful tool. The user sets the mod list rules if they wish to and Vortex keeps a note of these rules in an easy to use interface. Gopher on youtube does some good tutorials to help those who are new to the program. 

I tried MO2 and it never worked for me, it would either miss certain mods when loading the game or refuse to open the game with SKSE. So I kicked it off. 

On 2/11/2021 at 2:41 AM, DeepBlueFrog said:

I did not change the statue yet... I would like to know if there is a way to fix it first instead of just replacing it.

I do also get CTDs when I look at the statues. Update Plz :)

20 hours ago, gregaaz said:

Do you have Dohvakiin's infamy? I was getting this behavior with it and it traced back to a hidden quest in DI. If you do have DI and are getting max arousal plus forced (some often gender-confused) sexlab scenes on wakeup, you can console command stopquest DI_Quest_Nightmare to disable that function.

No, I don't have DI now, though I had it in the past(other save) and that wakeup to forced sexlab scene made me not use it anymore. I tracked it to hormones by adding mods to a clean save and it started happening after adding hormones. Removing it solves the behavior, adding the mod back brings back the problem. While there are a bunch of other mods for textures graphics and combat that were active, from LL, I tried with the minimum requirements for SL and Hormones and it is showing same behavior. That was in order to avoid all other 324135123 mods from LL messing up stuff... I am using Baka's SexlabAroused...wonder if that could be problematic?...hmm...

11 hours ago, Fuzzy_Fox said:

I use Vortex and find it to be a useful tool. The user sets the mod list rules if they wish to and Vortex keeps a note of these rules in an easy to use interface. Gopher on youtube does some good tutorials to help those who are new to the program. 

I tried MO2 and it never worked for me, it would either miss certain mods when loading the game or refuse to open the game with SKSE. So I kicked it off. 

I've tried to transfer my mod loadout to MO2 several times before, always end up back at the Community version of NMM and hand-cleaning of the file structure. 

Yeah, it isn't the cleanest (although IMO it's gotten better over the last few years, especially since the community updates), but it's the only one that doesn't really mess with the file structure or not want to work with installs of MANY engine modifiers (SKSE, EngineFixes, ENB, and CK fixes and patches).

Vortex did entice me for a while, but LOOT is VERY broken for SSE (always makes the order completely wrong for me), and having it mess with the load order was not helpful for me.

As a side note @DeepBlueFrog I converted the GitHub version of Parasites to SSE (with bodyslide files found here and made by myself) and it's working great!

I have a question about The Sisterhood of Dibella SE conversion and the sister armour/outfit mod for stages of corruption/purity. I use UNPB because i can't figure out bodyslide since it was released. I failed to correctly convert a clothing mod to my body. Or change basic bodyslides for uunp or BHUNP to a carbon copy of UNPB. Followed tutorial both written and video and I always get stuck on a step where it either fails to work in the final results or fails to activate the given step. Have never figured out what is wrong but anyway. So just taking a mod and converting it isn't an option for me... So I have a couple of questions.

Do the added NPCs use a standalone body or default body? I also use a high poly head with a high poly NPC replacer, along with a improved children mod so children don't all look alike.

I am assuming my load order for this would be Below. To have your mod override the children appearance mod, and have the vanilla NPCs get the high poly treatment.

Child appearance mod  - RS Children Overhaul at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community 

DibellaSisterhood (main mod)

DibellasisterhoodSister (clothing pack)

High poly NPC replacer High Poly NPC Overhaul - Skyrim Special Edition 2.0 (All Vanilla NPCs) at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community

Finally..

Can I take any clothing mod I want from my own collection and rename the files to match the outfits in the sisters armour mod and "fool" the game into giving me UNPB clothing? (Obviously I have to replace the new files in the correct folders and overwrite the old files.)

On 2/12/2021 at 2:20 PM, gregaaz said:

Interesting. On my copy, the non _devious folder is completely absent. Perhaps something got messed up with the MO2 install? If it's there now, however, I guess all is good going forward.

Edit - though given that at least one other person seems to have the same issue, I'm not sure it's entirely just my problem?

I am pretty sure MO2 isn't to blame. MO2 installs things the exact same way as NNM it just does it to separate folders  instead of the Data folder. This means you can install mods out of order in terms of overwriting you just have to move the mods into the correct order. (This should not be confused with plug in order the loot does.) For example I could download and install a texture pack for a clothing mod BEFORE installing the main mod and everything will work so long as I move the main part of the mod above the texture mod. The reason this works is the mods get installed in separate folders and "merged" into a virtual data folder when you run the game. MO2 can be intimidating at first but once you get use to it, it is a powerful tool that can save a lot of heartache. 

The advantage is I can add and subtract mods with ease and never have to purge my data folder and start fresh. Sometimes I have to rebuild my game but all the mods are still installed so I can just make a fresh profile and activate the mods i want as I build my new game. Mod screws up your game? I can remove that mod and the game will never know it was there. Save games will but revert to a save before the mod and you are golden. 

That said i find MO2 transparent and easy to use but bodyslide is utterly opaque to me. I have never gotten it to build a body(that works), add physics to a body or clothes and never been able to convert an outfit from one body to another. 

I just checked the 12/25 version and the mesh paths were right on that one. Me and the other folks with this problem might have an older version of the archive. Looks like I'll be adding SL Stories to my update queue for next time I roll a new character

On 2/2/2021 at 12:54 PM, plaguesoul84 said:

k heres the 2 somewhat working mods just having issue with black face one of the ladys and some statues are looking funny

DibellaSisterhoodUpdateSE.7z 173.97 MB · 269 downloads DibellaSisterhoodSistersUpdateSE.7z 130.12 MB · 280 downloads

I am pretty sure the both of these mods is screwed up DibellaSisterhoodUpdate.7z and DibellaSisterhoodSisterUpdatese.7z.

For the armour mod...

There is nothing in the mesh folders but links... not mesh files but a link to the below site.

Gatti 12 Jewelry Outfit for CBBEv3 at Skyrim Nexus - Mods and Community

And the texture folder contains

Vortex backup files.

And there are two .bsa files one is a .bsa file that is 89 mb and the other that is .bas.bak so a back up 246 mb.

So I have no idea WTF is going on my this was a bit of a screw up I think.

For the main mod

the texture fold contains Vortex backup files 

And there is both a .bsa and a much larger .bsa.bak

So I don't know what's going on but I am 100% sure a raw archive of a mod shouldn't have vortex backup files in them especially when I don't use vortex and a backup of the .bsa files, a much larger backup as well.

I have Defeat that works great but never triggers SD+, that only happens if you submit.

Is there a way to trigger SD from defeat? If i need death alternative, will it conflict with Defeat?

2 hours ago, RaX_8 said:

I have Defeat that works great but never triggers SD+, that only happens if you submit.

Is there a way to trigger SD from defeat? If i need death alternative, will it conflict with Defeat?

I have been using on one of my playthroughs Defeat and Death Alternative, they can complement each other. You can disable defeat mechanics and allow DA to use them and, in theory, you can use Defeat mechanics and play DA defeated scenarios. So you could have them any way you want it as long as you don't allow both to play the same mechanics. While using DA is definitely playable, the sheer number of bugs and instances where you get stuck in DA loops was really annoying for me. DA has some cool events but is buggy as hell and since is not supported anymore it will probably be like that. Also most LL mods don't support DA events well and you can get mods triggering while in some DA event that can cause pretty hilarious things to happen. When that happens usually something breaks and you have to reload a previous save. So be careful. 

You can get to SD slavery from Defeat through the Simple Slavery mod. Works well. 

Slight issue with Sisterhood of Dibella. The Travelling Sister Hood item is showing up incorrectly on Khajiit and Argonians. Not appearing at all on Khajiit, and showing as the monk hood on Argonians. Appears normal on every other race.

On 2/7/2021 at 3:21 PM, zarantha said:

Parasites CBBE SE and 3BBB bodyslides.  This includes some of the chaurus queen stuff, but not all of it could be bodyslided due to the names.

Let me know if there are issues with any outfits.

@DeepBlueFrog

Could these nifs be renamed so the files can be bodyslided without editing the esp? Bodyslide will automatically append a _0 or _1 when building, this includes when building single weight outputs.

These are all different from each other, despite the similar names and running through bodyslide will result in on of the meshes overriding the others.

\harnesschaurusqueen\chaurus armor.nif

\harnesschaurusqueen\chaurus armor_0/_1.nif (same nif with low/high weights)

\harnesschaurusqueen\chaurus body.nif

\harnesschaurusqueen\chaurus body_0.nif

\harnesschaurusqueen\chaurus body_1.nif

SexLab Parasites CBBE SE and 3BBB Bodyslides V3.7z 96.38 MB · 107 downloads

Bodyslide has an entry for "SLP 3BBB Chaurus Full Armor", however there is no NIF file to go with it.

Does SD+ work if added midsave? I only ask before I try to troubleshoot. New saves work fine, existing ones eat it once SD+ is installed (Load into a black screen, SSE stops responding.)

Edit: I failed at reading, not recommended for dropping in midsave.

5 hours ago, akspyder said:

Bodyslide has an entry for "SLP 3BBB Chaurus Full Armor", however there is no NIF file to go with it.

That was when I was trying to work out which piece was which. Try the v4 from earlier on this page.