2 hours ago, Megumin. said:

Is this a joke? Please tell me this is a joke...

It's not really that surprising that someone would be such a tremendously insecure dweeb that they feel threatened by some of the most basic scientific terminology, heaven forbid someone mention actual academic sociological terms and make the guy have a fit over somthing something sjws something something video games something something women existing.

Edited by lupiner

The Internet does this to people.  Makes them small-minded, and equate things in bad/stupid ways, and throw around terms with no sense for their meaning.  It's insane that something like 'social justice' can even be used as a negative, especially in this world where everything is going into corporate hell.

Everything's getting needlessly polarized these days. Social Justice shouldn't be a terrible thing, it should be an equalizing force. Sexual Dimorphism shouldn't be a trigger word, it's just a scientific term.

Opposing charges growing further distant, concentrated, and more powerful is not a good thing. It's the recipe for a destructive lightning bolt as the power seeks ground state.

On 11/19/2021 at 2:06 PM, Ozvelpoon said:

So no phalic shaped tentacle portraits in the upcoming aquatics race pack. Who is going to step up? Bonus points for animation of the portraits (those are the best packs in my opinion).

My mind is apparently further in the gutter because my first thoughts were:

Portrait #2 : "I bet a large dong could be edited over the left leg."

Portrait #10 : "I bet the tail could be edited into one big tentacle dong, or maybe repurpose the smaller back arm(s) into hanging dong(s)."

Portrait #12 : "It's already got tentacles, but the lower part of its body could probably be changed into an egg sac with a hanging ovipositor."

Though tbh, the molluscoid hydra portrait and the plantoid portrait that occasionally dives into a patch of leaves would make better bases for tentacle swarm portraits.

You call me smalll minded and whatever else but look at how fast you pile up on me.

Sorry that I am not a native speaker and only know these terms from the entioned source, I will castigate myself for the language I was brought up with.

Edited by Fakenet
7 minutes ago, Fakenet said:

You call me smalll minded and whatever else but look at how fast you pile up on me.

Sorry that I am not a native speaker and only know these terms from the entioned source, I will castigate myself for the language I was brought up with.

It's not because you didn't know the word, it's because you referred to it as an "SJW word" like a big fat chud.

2 hours ago, Fakenet said:

2 hours ago, Shadowlyger said:

It's not because you didn't know the word, it's because you referred to it as an "SJW word" like a big fat chud.

Exactly, no one's shitting on you for being a non-native english speaker. We're shitting on the fact that when you see an unfamiliar scientific term, you have a kneejerk reaction and call it an "SJW word" instead of taking 5 seconds to google what it means. 

Seriously I swear the self-identified "anti-sjws" bitch about wokeness more than the sjws themselves

Edited by b00tyblues
5 hours ago, Raana said:

Portrait #10 : "I bet the tail could be edited into one big tentacle dong, or maybe repurpose the smaller back arm(s) into hanging dong(s)."

Portrait #12 : "It's already got tentacles, but the lower part of its body could probably be changed into an egg sac with a hanging ovipositor."

Though tbh, the molluscoid hydra portrait and the plantoid portrait that occasionally dives into a patch of leaves would make better bases for tentacle swarm portraits.

Trust me Raaana you are not the only person with that mindset. Kinda hard to wind up on this site without being at least a bit perverted 

On the topic of this actual topic which seems to not be relevant to the current topic.

Looking over the patch notes, 3.2 should actually be a bit of a boon to this mod as now there are some very useful options for eventing based on pop gender meaning there could be some excellent new mechanics in the future. I look forward to see what you come up with next Lithia.

8 hours ago, Raana said:

I agree, close but a little modification required. Sadly not in my skillset so I put it to my equally depraved community. 

1 hour ago, Ozvelpoon said:

I agree, close but a little modification required. Sadly not in my skillset so I put it to my equally depraved community. 

I have been (slowly) grinding away at an animated replacer mod that I'm hoping will serve as a catch-all for the vanilla portraits. So hopefully I can fulfill that wish eventually.

They'll be a bit on the cartoony side though, and won't be a complete 1:1 conversion, since my digital art skills rest in vector art. So I can't do anything of the same detail as the vanilla portraits, but vector art is also really easy to adjust so it'll be a lot easier for anyone to expand upon the portraits as a result.

Mostly just slogging through the tedious task of creating templates for each portrait. Once those are done the remaining work is just a simple, if also tedious, task of recoloring everything. Especially since I'm planning on including two additional portrait categories on top of the vanilla sets.

A big problem I've noticed with tentacle worlds (which others have pointed out) is the fact the AI keeps terraforming to and from them over and over on a loop.  They have a weight of 1 to terraform to them, and then a weight of 1 to terraform away, with no conditions to alter them this means an infinite loop.

This also brought to my attention another issue (one I don't think was mentioned yet, if it was I apologize I must have missed it). Unlike Machine and hive worlds being made into normal worlds, there is no "reroll_deposits = yes" and "clear_blockers = yes" effect stated.  Normally when a machine world or hive world becomes, say, a continental world, it rerolls all the deposits, then automatically removes any generated blockers.

This means when a world is terraformed from a tentacle world to a normal one, they can only have city and industrial districts since the deposits got deleted when they became tentacled, but were not regenerated once terraformed back. 

Once the next update for LV is out I'll probably tweak some files to fix these issues, assuming it's not fixed already. Since I'll be making it for myself anyway I'll probably toss up a mini-mod for it once I do, namely to fix the deposit issue, but also setting AI without the origin to never create tentacle worlds, and AI with the origin to never remove them (probably also set it so they only make new tentacle worlds if under x% are tentacle or something if that's even possible, to prevent total economic failure cause no alloy production). IF I can't figure out how to put the logic for not ruining their economy, then I'll just do what the other files do and turn it off, but that just doesn't sound as fun.

59 minutes ago, Ounze said:

Once LV is patched, next game game will be with dolphinoids, but making 'em realistic. Meaning super rapey.

Sadly there is only 1 mod on the Steam Workshop that restores the portrait to the original "Swolphin" by removing his clothes ala original press release. Very low res and does nothing for me. Hoping someone will take up that challenge again,

22 hours ago, SunTan Lotion said:

was WL ever interrogated? 

I'm pretty sure it was not.

3 hours ago, Ozvelpoon said:

Sadly there is only 1 mod on the Steam Workshop that restores the portrait to the original "Swolphin" by removing his clothes ala original press release. Very low res and does nothing for me. Hoping someone will take up that challenge again,

This should not be that hard. The one without clothing is probably already in the code because usually primitives will use that version. It should just be a matter of switching them around. Although don't quote me on this. I'm still running 3.1.

Does the Pop stealing megacorp building work? I have never for the life of me seen the events related to it trigger, nor have I gained pops from it.

Edit: I was able to get the event to work. It kills their pop and spawns one on a random world of the branch office owner.

Edited by derpyturtle01
6 hours ago, derpyturtle01 said:

Does the Pop stealing megacorp building work? I have never for the life of me seen the events related to it trigger, nor have I gained pops from it.

Edit: I was able to get the event to work. It kills their pop and spawns one on a random world of the branch office owner.

Did you have to do something to make it work or?
I had this building in a game a while back and don´t really remember it working.

3 hours ago, Tyrgalon said:

Did you have to do something to make it work or?
I had this building in a game a while back and don´t really remember it working.

I had to modify the code of the event. I split it into 3 separate events. one that saved all the event targets, one that spawns the pop on the planet at random. and a 3rd delayed event that kills the pop. I think for some reason the saving pop and then killing pop was someone not allowing it to save the pop properly or something. I can post the code if it helps.

19 minutes ago, derpyturtle01 said:

I had to modify the code of the event. I split it into 3 separate events. one that saved all the event targets, one that spawns the pop on the planet at random. and a 3rd delayed event that kills the pop. I think for some reason the saving pop and then killing pop was someone not allowing it to save the pop properly or something. I can post the code if it helps.

Ahh okey, could you maybe share the modified file so people can download it and Lithia can maybe merge it into LV when she patches it next time? :)

On 11/28/2021 at 12:21 PM, Tyrgalon said:

Ahh okey, could you maybe share the modified file so people can download it and Lithia can maybe merge it into LV when she patches it next time? :)

Not sure how to make a patch, but heres my changes. I only changed the event's code not the localization, which is still borked. I split it into 3 events, 1 that saves the targets, one that kills a pop on the stolen pop planet and one that spawns the pop on a random planet that the branch office owner owns. I also changed the min pops from 12 to 25 to match what the tooltip on the building says.

Edit: Since as part of the event it sets a 'no repeat' flag for 740 days. I am considering changing the event to trigger more often on 100% crime planets, while taking longer to expire on 0 crime planets. (at 100 crime it would be 370 days, at 50 it would be the usual 740, and at 0 it would be either 1480 or 1110. To represent the fact that in a more crime filled city it would be easier to steal pops, rather when theres less crime it would be harder to steal pops.)

lv_building_events.txt

Edited by derpyturtle01
On 11/28/2021 at 2:08 PM, derpyturtle01 said:

Not sure how to make a patch, but heres my changes. I only changed the event's code not the localization, which is still borked. I split it into 3 events, 1 that saves the targets, one that kills a pop on the stolen pop planet and one that spawns the pop on a random planet that the branch office owner owns. I also changed the min pops from 12 to 25 to match what the tooltip on the building says.

Edit: Since as part of the event it sets a 'no repeat' flag for 740 days. I am considering changing the event to trigger more often on 100% crime planets, while taking longer to expire on 0 crime planets. (at 100 crime it would be 370 days, at 50 it would be the usual 740, and at 0 it would be either 1480 or 1110. To represent the fact that in a more crime filled city it would be easier to steal pops, rather when theres less crime it would be harder to steal pops.)

Here is a slightly edited version. This version does a similar thing to what my edit says it does. it makes it so that on low crime worlds the kidnapping will have a longer cooldown, while on higher crime world it will have a quicker cooldown. The numbers look like this Crime (0-24) causes 1440 day flag, Crime (25-49) is 1080 day flag. Crime (50-74) is 720. Crime (75-99) is 360. and on crime 100 worlds the cooldown is 180 days. Does doesnt change the mean time to happen which is still 18 months so in theory. On a crime 100 planet you will see the event nearly once every 2ish years, while on a crime 50-75 you will see the event once every 4ish years. on a crime 0 planet you will see the event every 6ish years.

Edit: Added file back. There was a bug where with normal corps that had the recruitment building they would also suffer the 6 year average since crime would be near 0 on their planets. It now only affects the syndicate version. (Maybe if Lithia wanted to make it scale with some other feature that would work but I am not adding that for now) 

lv_building_events.txt

Edited by derpyturtle01

i'm not sure that it been mentioned. but perfect hybrid and titanic evolution is atm almost useless, they "nerfed" gene modding so traits that cant be modded can't be added to other species. so even if you get a perfect hybrid, you can no longer add that to others of your race. sucks, but it does kinda make sense tbh, why would you be able to gene mod in cybernetics just because a pop of your race in some other empire became cyborgs when you ain't?

maybe add them as an origin, but some other negatives on top? so you can have your full race with them.

5 hours ago, Xadhoom said:

i'm not sure that it been mentioned. but perfect hybrid and titanic evolution is atm almost useless, they "nerfed" gene modding so traits that cant be modded can't be added to other species. so even if you get a perfect hybrid, you can no longer add that to others of your race. sucks, but it does kinda make sense tbh, why would you be able to gene mod in cybernetics just because a pop of your race in some other empire became cyborgs when you ain't?

maybe add them as an origin, but some other negatives on top? so you can have your full race with them.

(<-- haven't played since Aquatics dropped, waiting on LV)

Oof, that's going to make the Species tab even worse. It was already a major source of game lag, but if the player can't even self-police it to keep things simple, that lag is going to just keep piling up.

And actually, being able to apply a template should be possible even with a non-mod trait, *if* you have sufficient samples of the trait to study. If a third of your species has cybernetics, it shouldn't be that hard to thoroughly study those cybernetics and figure out how to add them to the other two-thirds. Perhaps it would even come at a cost, such as lost population and a serious empire-wide happiness/stability penalty.

sorry in advance if this question has been answered(tried using the search bar for it.) 

i start a playthrough using snu snu fever and got fever forever. now i know it says what it does but the "you are crisis" is kinda throwing me off. does it use the nemesis's crisis gauge or is just flavor?