On 5/8/2019 at 6:58 AM, Lithia<3 said:

I've nerfed and changed basically all the traits, but I don't plan on removing any...yet. In fact I'll probably keep adding more traits, like the new version already has the "futa" trait (as requested lol). However, vunrtdofrt mentioned that he's also in the "too many traits" camp, so I will allow him to make his own optional patch for people that want that. It will be released with the next update, but the mod will still be built around the main set of traits.

Is there a plan to have machine pops breed with xeno organics? Like if you were playing the machine race, then when you come across your 'neighbor' who is an organic species, then you would be able to breed them out and possibly create hybrids. Another thought that I just had was maybe do the same thing if you found another machine civilization, but this would eventually overwrite their code by having their 'children' 

4 hours ago, Raana said:

I had an idea this morning for a way to add a little flavor to the physical feature species traits. Mostly coming about when I realized many of them have little to no benefit for hive empires like one I've been testing out. Due to happiness and ethos having no effect on them.

The idea was to drop them down to 0 point free traits, and instead of them giving direct modifiers to an empire they would have different events tied to them that would trigger when pops with different trait mixtures share a planet. Occasionally giving rewards and penalties as the game goes on while also toning down some of the sameness between them and providing a way to fill some of the empty spans of gameplay.

I actually already have certain traits that interact with each other now and linking events to traits was always the plan...it being a framework and all. Speaking of which I haven't forgotten about that other framework we talked about, I'm just a bit busy these days.

3 hours ago, Fsgpio said:

Do any of these changes relate to reining in the traits that add temporary 'modifiers' to pops? They're an interesting idea and I like them in theory, but the performance cost in the mid- and late-game as pop numbers increase is just too much. It's difficult to enjoy the mod when applying 'modifier' traits to pops causes 3-4 second hangs every in-game month.

That whole system was scrapped, all "temp" traits have been removed.

1 hour ago, twotall1224 said:

Is there a plan to have machine pops breed with xeno organics? Like if you were playing the machine race, then when you come across your 'neighbor' who is an organic species, then you would be able to breed them out and possibly create hybrids. Another thought that I just had was maybe do the same thing if you found another machine civilization, but this would eventually overwrite their code by having their 'children' 

Maybe some events related to that could work I guess...but I added a womb trait that will do something similar though.

5 hours ago, Lithia<3 said:

I actually already have certain traits that interact with each other now and linking events to traits was always the plan...it being a framework and all. Speaking of which I haven't forgotten about that other framework we talked about, I'm just a bit busy these days.

It's alright, been pretty busy with work this week myself.

Also looking forward to seeing the changes.  :)

18 hours ago, HighTide said:

I like mixing genres a bit and I think this could roll into the H.R. Geiger style of horror here, meaning his original ideas.
I'm sure there's other arts and concepts of creatures capturing people and holding them hostage in waxy materials, but what most easily comes to mind is Xenomorphs and that kind of environment

Reveal hidden contents

248768%20-%20Alien%20Xenomorph.jpg

Hide contents

1475859%20-%20Alien%20Alien:_Isolation%2

I noticed the suggestion was largely left behind and wanted to throw in my hat for the potential involved in its story. It's not really my kind of kink but it has a scary arousal of a sort? I'd be willing to explore it.

This is relevant to my interests.

Very glad to see this mod coming together and bringing over bits and pieces of other discontinued mods.

That said, I'm terribly unfamiliar with modding in general, and for Stellaris specifically.  Despite that I decided to attempt some minor tweaks to some of the species traits added by the mod.  Specifically I went in and simply commented out most of the trait opposites, with the idea of allowing for species to have both the stereotypical male and stereotypical female traits (Large Penis and Large Breasts for example) as well as allowing for an all male or all female species to have the male or female traits that are normally mutually exclusive.  In essence I was just trying to think of a roundabout way to make it possible to create a mono-gendered or hermaphroditic species without actually creating a whole new trait for it.

And it seemed to work fine during empire creation.  However I have noticed that any species with an All Male or All Female trait seems to eventually lose the opposite traits over time.  Specifically, selecting a species for a colony ship or putting a pop up on the slave market, seems to reinforce the restrictions on opposing traits.  Naturally this ends up effecting xeno-breeding too (or perhaps it never would have changed it at all) when an all female species with penis traits seems to spontaneously lose their cocks.  Suffice it to say losing valuable trait points isn't great, nor is not being able to breed with the xenos I really want to breed with.

So, any future plans for hermaphroditic species?  Or even just another way to impose the all male or all female names/portraits?

I've been perusing through the text files of the mod and I'm seeing a lot of events and techs that are not showing up in my game, as in not at all. I've only seen a single leader with one of your new traits and only a single tech show up. Is there a preprogrammed year because I blow through my techs very fast. 
Also, curiously there is a ton of fucking going on, tons of population growth but no hybrids. I've looked at the galaxy species list and I see a lot of Half-XXXX but none in my empire. Curious. 

Why are there so many of nearly identical species being created? I've got dozens of different versions of one of my client aliens that I want to stay a resident but their status always changes to slaves because that is my default setting for new species. Just observations.

As a person that has created online content themselves and created a large fan base (under a different name for a different game) I know what it's like to have people say "I CAN'T WAIT!!!".. yes you can wait.. So I will only say I look forward to any future updates. It's only polite. 

I had another idea for a trait/event chain. The idea is that you sacrifice some research speed (say -10%) and instead periodically get large lump sums of research (say enough to make up for the lost 10% research for one year). These could be:

• Alien Broodmother for Green  - "This researcher is being used as broodmother host to a strange creatures, while often causing distracting orgasmic spasms, when the pregnancy is over, it results in a fascinating variety of creatures to study."
  • Unremovable Fuck-Rig for Orange - "This research has has a mysterious exosuit attached through them that cannot be removed, while often forcing its wearer into many sexually compromising positions and endless orgasms, the suit itself is a marvel of engineering to study and also computes equations faster than any computer."
  • Subdermal Tantric Superconductor for Blue - "Following an accident, this researcher has had an exotic tantric superconductor embedded within their skin causing mind shattering electric shocks of pleasure to regularly course through their body, while not lethal they can be equally exhausting and exhilarating while also providing an unique research opportunity."

When you get the notification for each event, you can chose to either continue to let the trait "run" on the person, causing it to go another year or so or attempt to remove it with a small chance of you killing the researcher.

I know plenty of ideas have been thrown around so I can try and write up the actual dialogue and event options if someone else with event modding knowledge could lace them all together since I lack it.

Really nice mod overall, but as said before, serious performance issues in late-game due to the pop overflow. I know it's early in developement, so I'm not complaining. Just be prepared not to start your galaxy-dominating playthru with the current version. :D 
I tried solving the issue by deleting useless pops, but for some reason the "kill_pop [id]" cheat does nothing.*

*Edit: Well I was dumb. It's working, but it's a huge pain in the ass to find and delete all the pops so it doesn't really help at all imo.

4 hours ago, JesusKreist said:

Nice ideas.

Addition:

Said traits are not spawnable by recruitment but can be obtained in anomalies.

Addition to the addition:

The traits should also confer a bonus to scientists working in science ships; I for one am not a fan when your random roll for a new trait on your scientist turns out to be at odds with their current roll.

Maybe:
Green - +30% survey speed; more babies = more crew to do the scanning?

Orange - +10% anomaly discovery chance; lets you look at things... from a different angle...

Blue - +30% anomaly research speed; Trying to rush through the research before the next mind shattering orgasm.

You have to keep in mind that any event that triggers multiple times will quickly become a bother, with the same description and graphic repeating. It's best not to make events that trigger every year. 

So for the above, a one time event for acquiring the trait would be best, as you will likely see it more than once anyway across multiple scientists. So something like this: 

Alien Broodmother for Green  - "This researcher is being used as broodmother host to a strange creatures, while often causing distracting orgasmic spasms, when the pregnancy is over, it results in a fascinating variety of creatures to study."

Acquired via anomaly or neighbouring a hive civilization. The requires a short special project to be finished, then applies the following to the head of Society research:

Alien Broodmother: +15% research speed (biology), leader lifespan -10.  

Probably also gives a large amount of Exp on acquiring it. 

Unremovable Fuck-Rig for Orange - "This research has has a mysterious exosuit attached through them that cannot be removed, while often forcing its wearer into many sexually compromising positions and endless orgasms, the suit itself is a marvel of engineering to study and also computes equations faster than any computer."

This type of trait would be best applied to a General: A powerful exosuit that fucks them constantly. Something like this probably: 

Unremovable Fuck-Rig: +15% army damage, +15% army morale, -10% experience gain. 

Subdermal Tantric Superconductor for Blue - "Following an accident, this researcher has had an exotic tantric superconductor embedded within their skin causing mind shattering electric shocks of pleasure to regularly course through their body, while not lethal they can be equally exhausting and exhilarating while also providing an unique research opportunity."

I'm not sure what type of research that might improve XD 

15 hours ago, Pfactor said:

I've been perusing through the text files of the mod and I'm seeing a lot of events and techs that are not showing up in my game, as in not at all. I've only seen a single leader with one of your new traits and only a single tech show up. Is there a preprogrammed year because I blow through my techs very fast. 
Also, curiously there is a ton of fucking going on, tons of population growth but no hybrids. I've looked at the galaxy species list and I see a lot of Half-XXXX but none in my empire. Curious. 

Why are there so many of nearly identical species being created? I've got dozens of different versions of one of my client aliens that I want to stay a resident but their status always changes to slaves because that is my default setting for new species. Just observations.

As a person that has created online content themselves and created a large fan base (under a different name for a different game) I know what it's like to have people say "I CAN'T WAIT!!!".. yes you can wait.. So I will only say I look forward to any future updates. It's only polite. 

What traits are you using for your species? Most events are locked behind certain traits, and if you don't have them the only way to get them will be to bring alien species that do into your empire. An easy way to do this is to either let them immigrate or gene mod a primitive/pre-sapient. Also note that in order to get these events you need to have more than one species in your empire. As soon as a species with Brood Parasite for example gets on a planet with a different species, you should get the event.

As for the leader traits, they do work, they're just kind of rare due to the sheer number of traits in the vanilla game, if you want, you can add them to your leaders manually using the console.

And for tech, some are not available, such as the Sapphic Rituals tech which requires a civic which has not been implemented yet. The rest you can get, though they have prerequisites, such as Braaq Genes requiring genome mapping, and wildlife breeding behaviour requiring alien life studies. How likely you are to have these techs come up depends on your civics, xenophiles are much more likely.

5 minutes ago, Aelariah said:

As soon as a species with Brood Parasite for example gets on a planet with a different species, you should get the event.

Wich event? I asked serval times about benefits, events and the fun thing is play with Brood Parasite? I played both games with 100 years with main spicies having that trait and I didn't get nothing

3 minutes ago, kiargo said:

Wich event? I asked serval times about benefits, events and the fun thing is play with Brood Parasite? I played both games with 100 years with main spicies having that trait and I didn't get nothing

Do you have more than one species on your planets? Because that is necessary to get the event.

If you do and are still not getting it, click on one of your planets with multiple species, open up the console and type event lv_brood_parasite.7  Like so: https://imgur.com/a/4kBkF8z

If nothing comes up, you may need to re-download Lustful Void and try again.

7 minutes ago, Aelariah said:

Do you have more than one species on your planets? Because that is necessary to get the event.

If you do and are still not getting it, click on one of your planets with multiple species, open up the console and type event lv_brood_parasite.7  Like so: https://imgur.com/a/4kBkF8z

If nothing comes up, you may need to re-download Lustful Void and try again.

Yes that happens, every time a xeno comes to one of my new colonies, but then, nothing else, I dont know what happen next.

9 minutes ago, kiargo said:

Yes that happens, every time a xeno comes to one of my new colonies, but then, nothing else, I dont know what happen next.

That is all there is to it for now. The mod is still early in development, and that will likely be expanded on later.

2 hours ago, Jeorje1 said:

I'm having a hard time getting this mod to work. It shows up in the mod list and I select it but when I actually start playing it doesn't seem like it is on. Perhaps I am just really stupid. Help would be appreciated.

Try disabling all your other mods and seeing if it appears then, if not, try re-downloading the mod and make sure both the .mod file and the folder are in the correct location.

6 hours ago, Aelariah said:

Try disabling all your other mods and seeing if it appears then, if not, try re-downloading the mod and make sure both the .mod file and the folder are in the correct location.

Thank you! Re-downloading it seemed to work. I must have been doing something wrong.

7 hours ago, Dagome_Iudex said:

Guys, Lithia wanted a writing guide so events are in a more unified format, so I went and wrote one up. 

Here you go.

Thanks, and here is my first attempt!

Event Name: Sexy Planet

Event type: Planet event

Graphic: Zepht7-359716-Alikas_discovery.png

Requirements:

-Settling Species does not have the Sexually Represses or Sexually Inept traits.

Other: Trigger upon settling a Gia/Tropical/Continental/Ocean world plus short delay.

Description:

“After several months living on [Planet Name] it has become apparent that the ecosystem is rather... lewd. Fruit shaped like female reproductive organs; vines with flared heads that pulse and twitch in an erotic manner; and an atmosphere that has the unusual but unmistakable smell of fresh sex. The local fauna are equally well endowed, with a wide veriety of large phalis and vaginal organs that would not seem out of place on creatures twice their size. [Society Researcher name] explains in their report that the ecosystem seems to defy common wisdom, and rely on inter species pollination between the local flora and fauna seeming to ignore traditional phenotype lines. The seeming lack of any native predators and mild seasons allows for a near continuous mating season with the sound of wild animals in heat constantly in the background wherever you are on the planet. [Society Researcher name] hesitates to draw any conclusions, but observes that it is extremely unlikely for a world that matches [Species Adjective] sexual proclivities so perfectly to develop naturally. “

Options:

1. <"This sounds like a veritable paradise... keep investigating">

Requirement: 

Effects:

- [Planet Name] gains the "Lewd Ecology" planetary modifier.

- Add the "Lewd Planet" special project to the Situation log.

2. <"This will be too distracting for the colonists, we should find a way to nip this in the bud." >

Requirement: None

Effects:

[Planet Name] gains the "Lewd Ecology" planetary modifier.

[Planet Name] gains the "Curbed Lust" planetary modifier for 5 years

- Add the "Lewd Planet" special project to the Situation log.

Planetary Modifier: Lewd Planet

- +10% happiness

- Farmer jobs on the planet produce +1 Amenity; +1 Unity

- -10% pop mineral production

- -10% pop energy production

Planetary Modifier: Curbed Lust

- +10% pop mineral production

- +10% pop energy production

Special Project: Lewd Ecology

Choose either 

- "Encourage colonists to investigate the planet"

Cost: 1000 Society research