Dead or Alive 6 - Modding Thread and Discussion

1 hour ago, bluerobot99 said:

someone should remove the cloth under hitomi's karate ge

i wonder if it would be possible using only texture work

Depends if it responds to alpha channels properly. If so, should technically be able to copy/paste that undershirt's texture to its alpha channel and that would do it. If not, will take deletion of the mesh.

A bit of info on the usage on the "linkdatatool" that tianmuxia posted, since it may not be intuitive for non chinese people.

The .bat to convert from g1t to dds is the one called "导出贴图.bat", and the one to convert from dds to g1t is the one called "导入贴图.bat". You probably want to rename those.

Conversion to dds: click on the bat. Drag and drop the g1t file. Click enter some times, and it will generate a folder where it will put the texture(s) (g1t files can contain several textures, but in DOA6 it is usually just one per file).

Conversion to g1t: Click on the bat. Drag and drop the g1t file where it will be saved. Second, drag and drop the folder that contains the dds texture(s). Click enter some times and it will update the g1t file.

@tianmuxia I get this error when i am injecting .g1t into MaterialEditor.rdb 

import -rdb m -i 6827 -d 00006827.g1t
ERROR!! Can't open the file to read: MaterialEditor.rdb.bin_22941884

Any solution?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

? ? Something is wrong 

103701572_DesktopScreenshot2019_03.08-18_22_44_19.png.e72f558d750b7a835756a2a0524cbe36.png

3 hours ago, gatto tom said:

And I constantly get 502 error and 504 errors when trying to get to this site. It seems to me that it is time for the moderators to pay attention to the disgusting work of the site in the last few days

Very bad.

9 hours ago, gatto tom said:

import -rdb m -i 6827 -d 00006827.g1t
ERROR!! Can't open the file to read: MaterialEditor.rdb.bin_22941884

Any solution?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

? ? Something is wrong 

103701572_DesktopScreenshot2019_03.08-18_22_44_19.png.e72f558d750b7a835756a2a0524cbe36.png

Maybe there is a bug if import data to m, I didn’t test it yet. I just tested import model data to c. I’ll have a test later and fix it later, please wait

@tianmuxia

So once you get the g1m file, do you use Steven's Gas Machine (or Rockmans Tool) to convert the model? When using that I wasn't able to properly convert all the g1m files using the instructions (i.e using Dynasty Warriors 8 as the game to convert these files). Am I doing something wrong? Is there a tut for this case?

Also I notice that theres a RIG.BIN file (or whatever thats called) I guess thats where each costume holds the skeleton. Any idea what to do with that?

2 hours ago, box_420 said:

@tianmuxia

So once you get the g1m file, do you use Steven's Gas Machine (or Rockmans Tool) to convert the model? When using that I wasn't able to properly convert all the g1m files using the instructions (i.e using Dynasty Warriors 8 as the game to convert these files). Am I doing something wrong? Is there a tut for this case?

Also I notice that theres a RIG.BIN file (or whatever thats called) I guess thats where each costume holds the skeleton. Any idea what to do with that?

No, I didn't use Gas Machine, and I use rockman tool to convert textures only.

for models, i use my own tool, i released a DW9 version before on 3dm:

http://bbs.3dmgame.com/thread-5836844-1-1.html

maybe it still have some bugs if you use it for DOA6, i will fix it later...

21 minutes ago, tianmuxia said:

No, I didn't use Gas Machine, and I use rockman tool to convert textures only.

for models, i use my own tool, i released a DW9 version before on 3dm:

http://bbs.3dmgame.com/thread-5836844-1-1.html

maybe it still have some bugs if you use it for DOA6, i will fix it later...

Oh I see. Would it be ok if you can put the files of your tool here? Cant access it on your site there. Thanks!

3 hours ago, tianmuxia said:

Please upload your g1t file here 

This is another g1t file i tried to Import, but i get .rdb error.

00002498.g1t

About the white Kasumi outfit clipping, i need to test another thing, because i used the same mipmaps and i didn't "create" the white ones; so this could be the issue 

my DoaTool update to 1.0.4:

1. Fix 1.0.3 version bug that can't import 2 or more textures. Please recover all your rdb files, delete bin_9 files and import mod again.

my DoaTool update to 1.0.3:

1. New import algorithm, it won't modify the bin and bin_0 files any more, it will create a new bin_9 file for storing the mod data.

So, you need NOT to backup the bin and bin_0 files any more, just backup all .rdb files.

2. Add a Kasumi's new g1m file for testing in the pack. Its index is 1582

DoaTool_1.0.4.7z

How do I remove photorealistic effects in DOA6? In Soul Calibur 6, you just needed to edit an .ini file. How to do the same thing in DOA6?

[PostProcessQuality@3]
r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
r.Tonemapper.GrainQuantization=0
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
r.MotionBlurQuality=0

[PostProcessQuality@2]
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
r.MotionBlurQuality=0

[PostProcessQuality@1]
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
r.MotionBlurQuality=0

2 hours ago, username is already taken said:

How do I remove photorealistic effects in DOA6? In Soul Calibur 6, you just needed to edit an .ini file. How to do the same thing in DOA6?

[PostProcessQuality@3]
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
r.MotionBlurQuality=0

[PostProcessQuality@2]
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
r.MotionBlurQuality=0

[PostProcessQuality@1]
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
r.MotionBlurQuality=0

You can't. Because this game is not based on Unreal Engine 4. 

Also, this game doesn't have motion blur or any UE4 garbage post processing. The graphics is clean, there's really no need to remove something, otherwise it becomes DOA5. ?

2 hours ago, username is already taken said:

[PostProcessQuality@3]
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
r.MotionBlurQuality=0

[PostProcessQuality@2]
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
r.MotionBlurQuality=0

[PostProcessQuality@1]
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
r.MotionBlurQuality=0

You can't. Because this game is not based on Unreal Engine 4. 

Also, this game doesn't have motion blur or any UE4 garbage post processing. The graphics is clean, there's really no need to remove something, otherwise it becomes DOA5. ?