Dead or Alive 6 - Modding Thread and Discussion

1 hour ago, Wisky said:

Yeah I would like to know how to make that kind of mod, any tutorial?

Enable Hunting Mode in the d3dx.ini file, look for "hunting=0" (ctrl+f), change the 0 to a 1, then save it, start the game using the 3DMigoto Launcher, Hunting Mode should be enabled.

Now watch this video, He's using DOAXVV but it'll work the same in DOA6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWE0xP4MgR8&t=6m00s

I can make the skirt invisible.
But if something shares one mesh i cant go further.
And with this match_first_index method like in the video dosent work.
Because there is no index like in the vid.

So i guess need other parts of the txt files.
But i donz know wich and how i need to type it down.
If someone knows more of this stuff so please tell me.

Or maby edit of the mesh is needed

Spoiler

20190316023628_1.jpg

14 minutes ago, snake230 said:

I can make the skirt invisible.
But if something shares one mesh i cant go further.
And with this match_first_index method like in the video dosent work.
Because there is no index like in the vid.

So i guess need other parts of the txt files.
But i donz know wich and how i need to type it down.
If someone knows more of this stuff so please tell me.

Or maby edit of the mesh is needed

Hide contents

20190316023628_1.jpg

The match_first_index stuff will come later, because for that you need 3DMigoto to do a frame analysis dump, Ausgeek hasn't added that yet, from there it'll also be needed to import the frame dumps into blender to see the individual first indexes, way easier than the text file shit.

21 minutes ago, Dreamcaster said:

The match_first_index stuff will come later, because for that you need 3DMigoto to do a frame analysis dump, Ausgeek hasn't added that yet, from there it'll also be needed to import the frame dumps into blender to see the individual first indexes, way easier than the text file shit.

oh i thought so.
Thanks for the info.
But this what we have now is a good start.

2 minutes ago, Wisky said:

How can I make Honoka topless like the image above your post?

Exactly like how you make costumes without skirt.
But not all costumes have a full breast .
it could be a part of the costume or other things.

Now we need mesh edit ^^

37 minutes ago, snake230 said:

Exactly like how you make costumes without skirt.
But not all costumes have a full breast .
it could be a part of the costume or other things.

Now we need mesh edit ^^

Yeah but how should I rename it? that's what I'm asking.

46 minutes ago, Wisky said:

Yeah but how should I rename it? that's what I'm asking.

Excuse me, did I understand correctly that all these effects work only while the this program is running? And if you turn it off, then all the effects disappear? or do they stay?

I can frame dump and use "match_first_index" just fine over here. You guys might have to check your default keys, because it's possible the defaults have changed since the tutorial video was posted, and you're sorting and dumping shaders instead of index buffers.

I even was able to edit, and re-import Hitomi's Deluxe Costume to remove parts of her top that were in the same index as pieces I didn't want to remove. Seems like almost everything that should work, works.

In other news, DOA6 does something weird with their lady bits. The chest seems completely detached from the rest of the body, and while I'm able to export the body to Blender, the chest won't export to Blender. I just get lots of errors. 5 and DOAX:VV exported the body as a whole, so it might take a bit more time to figure out how to get a real nude mod working with the new engine.

1 hour ago, estonman said:

Excuse me, did I understand correctly that all these effects work only while the this program is running? And if you turn it off, then all the effects disappear? or do they stay?

They disappear. It's actually really convenient because just launching the game through Steam means it acts as normal, and launching it through the 3DMigoto loader gets your mods working. Also, no real risk in corrupting your game as a result of injection vs. hard-modding the game's files.

Outdated: look at page 26 for an updated version that supports all version of the game.

A save decryption / reencryption tool, at the moment only for the "unofficial version" of the game (you know what I mean). This is because the decryption key and IV are derived from the steam id, I still don't know the exact process)

Usage: drag and drop the SYSTEMDATA to the exe, and it will create a SYSTEMDATA.dec file with the content decrypted.  To re-encrypt, drop instead the SYSTEMDATA.dec, and it will create (or update) the encrypted SYSTEMDATA. Make sure to always backup your data before any modification, I'm not responsable if  you screw your save.

Whenever I find out how to derive the key from the steam id, I will update the tool so that it works with the original version.

It only works for SYSTEMDATA. The other file, GRAPHICSETTINGS seem to use different keys, I didn't bother to check that one.

Note: in the original version of the game, the tool won't fail, but it will generate garbage data, have that in mind.

----------

Technical info: The save file is encrypted using AES256-CBC (how original...). Both the keys and IV are derived from the steam account. For the "unofficial" version, assuming default settings, the key is always "6606000001001001599197599197AFAF"  (ascii hex, 256 bits; the first part seem to be the steam id64), and the IV is always "01 01 59 1F 97 59 1F 97 66 06 00 00 00 10 9A 9A " (normal binary, 128 bits; part of the steam id seem to be baked there aswell).