Dead or Alive 6 - Modding Thread and Discussion

@tianmuxia  there is a problem... how can i import more than 1 texture into the rdb? Because if i inject 2 textures, the game won't load any character. (I used the lastest version of DOA Tool)

If I use the previous version of DOA Tool  it works, but i get the rdb error for some textures, as i said before

12 hours ago, tianmuxia said:

my DoaTool update to 1.0.3:

1. New import algorithm, it won't modify the bin and bin_0 files any more, it will create a new bin_9 file for storing the mod data.

So, you need NOT to bake the bin and bin_0 files any more, just bake all .rdb files.

2. Add a Kasumi's new g1m file for testing in the pack. Its index is 1582

DoaTool_1.0.3.7z 2.94 MB · 53 downloads

Besides mip maps,I read your post in another forum said about texture issue when u zoom out camera.

I'm guess this game may use multiple level of detail models.When u zoom out,,the engine may use lower poly count models to reduce computing time.

Just a possiblity ,,havn't dig too much in this game yet.

1 hour ago, barjack said:

Besides mip maps,I read your post in another forum said about texture issue when u zoom out camera.

I'm guess this game may use multiple level of detail models.When u zoom out,,the engine may use lower poly count models to reduce computing time.

Just a possiblity ,,havn't dig too much in this game yet.

Generating the correct mipmaps fixed the issue i had

8 hours ago, gatto tom said:

@tianmuxia  there is a problem... how can i import more than 1 texture into the rdb? Because if i inject 2 textures, the game won't load any character. (I used the lastest version of DOA Tool)

If I use the previous version of DOA Tool  it works, but i get the rdb error for some textures, as i said before

It should have supported import 2 textures. Please upload your 2 textures this time, hahaha

19 hours ago, tianmuxia said:

No, I didn't use Gas Machine, and I use rockman tool to convert textures only.

for models, i use my own tool, i released a DW9 version before on 3dm:

http://bbs.3dmgame.com/thread-5836844-1-1.html

maybe it still have some bugs if you use it for DOA6, i will fix it later...

even though you say it still have some bugs, is this normal? i'm basically getting this issue on every model i try (outfit, hair, faces)

image.png.b888005d7ea98f24b61635fa53037bff.png

also, it seems Final Fantasy Dissidia tool works for exporting some DOA6 models, though it still has problems to extract some complex models
https://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=18042&hilit=DYNASTY+warriors+9&start=105

45 minutes ago, Shuubaru said:

even though you say it still have some bugs, is this normal? i'm basically getting this issue on every model i try (outfit, hair, faces)

also, it seems Final Fantasy Dissidia tool works for exporting some DOA6 models, though it still has problems to extract some complex models
https://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=18042&hilit=DYNASTY+warriors+9&start=105

Then, you can use ffsnt tool

1 hour ago, Shuubaru said:

1 hour ago, tianmuxia said:

Then, you can use ffsnt tool

About this tool here already wrote that it does not work properly with the textures

So I've been able to extract, edit, and import just fine, but I can't actually find any of my edits in-game. Even if I re-extract the G1T file from the game, I just end up extracting my own edited textures.

What do you mean, @tianmuxia when you talk about "baking" the bin files? I don't really recall ever reading about something like that.

26 minutes ago, ChargeBeam said:

So I've been able to extract, edit, and import just fine, but I can't actually find any of my edits in-game. Even if I re-extract the G1T file from the game, I just end up extracting my own edited textures.

What do you mean, @tianmuxia when you talk about "baking" the bin files? I don't really recall ever reading about something like that.

You can use the textures gatto tom uploaded for a test. I have tested them, Kasumi's default costume will be changed to white color.

"baking", i use the wrong word, i mean "backup".

23 minutes ago, tianmuxia said:

You can use the textures gatto tom uploaded for a test. I have tested them, Kasumi's default costume will be changed to white color.

"baking", i use the wrong word, i mean "backup".

tianmuxia, pay attention that tom wrote he was not going to create a white Kasumi and he considers it a issue

1 hour ago, Black Hawk said:

tianmuxia, pay attention that tom wrote he was not going to create a white Kasumi and he considers it a issue

Ehhh... no. The tom edit is to put Kasumi costume as white. You can clearly see it if you covnert the texture to dds. The issue he had was with the changes not being visible in battle, but that was a mip maps issue he fixed.

22 minutes ago, Black Hawk said:

i like autolink more than the black window. im a weirdo? probably

Autolink is a higher level's tool, it requires technique to hack the game exe, i'm not good at this.

Btw, if you are running the game, my tool will always import fail, because the files are locked when the game is running.

1 hour ago, Black Hawk said:

i like autolink more than the black window. im a weirdo? probably

Wait there's not even any actual full on mod for this game yet and you're asking for something as advanced as Autolink...?

That's like saying "can you make this new born infant run? cuz im more used to seeing people running"