Dead or Alive 6 - Modding Thread and Discussion

5 hours ago, Shioriæ ž said:

Season Pass is trolling us. Need a second job if I want that. Also would need to relinquish all my dignity and self-respect, cuz costumes are not worth $100. And did anyone notice it said "Season Pass 1"? --> 1 <-- ......this means there will be at least one more season pass, and possibly be more expensive. They might as well just rob my house.

My main complaint is they ruined the old combos. I mained Leifang, and my combo was to start with her crit burst, v+> PP v>P, crit burst (causes crit stun), ^K (launch), PPKK. Now, the crit burst doesn't stun them, so I reverted to >K to stun, PPP, then the stupid new S (RB on Xbox) to crit stun, which is now called Fatal Stun, then launch them and combo.

Long story short, I really didn't wanna have to learn everyone again from scratch. I went out of my way to train and learn everyone really well on DOA5LR to prepare for DOA6, only to find out that made things harder for me in DOA6, which was the opposite of my goal and purpose of all that training.

[/rant]

Back to topic: Have people tried all the previous tools? There were a lot of things used on DOA5LR.

The season pass is the same as what they had for DOA 5. As for the DOA 5 tools it's highly unlikely they'll be of any use considering Team Ninja created an entirely new engine for this game. Everything is gonna be different.

24 minutes ago, ausgeek said:

Quick heads up: This game appears to be actively blocking modding tools - if it detects either 3DMigoto or ReShade loaded it shuts down immediately after the splash screen (cleanly - this is not a crash).

At this point I am about 90% confident that this is intentional, and not just a bug - but I am still digging and will let you know if I find something that changes my assessment.

I don't yet know if it is singling out specific tools (I doubt it - I can't see why they would target ReShade), or if this is a more general "am I speaking with the real DirectX" style check that would block any similarly designed tool. I do have some tricks still up my sleeve and there may be ways to make it work - but this behaviour suggests that they are hostile towards modding tools, which means that there is every possibility they might update the game and counter any workarounds I come up with.

Is it really their intention? At first I thought it's because of ReShade trying to hook into that splash screen thus crashing the game.

If they really want to prevent modding, it's odd that they allow Cheat Engine.

3 minutes ago, Monty-R said:

Is it really their intention? At first I thought it's because of ReShade trying to hook into that splash screen thus crashing the game.

If they really want to prevent modding, it's odd that they allow Cheat Engine.

That's a very good point. CE can be seen and blocked. Also consider that at least 2 trainers are already out.

34 minutes ago, ausgeek said:

Quick heads up: This game appears to be actively blocking modding tools - if it detects either 3DMigoto or ReShade loaded it shuts down immediately after the splash screen (cleanly - this is not a crash).

At this point I am about 90% confident that this is intentional, and not just a bug - but I am still digging and will let you know if I find something that changes my assessment.

I don't yet know if it is singling out specific tools (I doubt it - I can't see why they would target ReShade), or if this is a more general "am I speaking with the real DirectX" style check that would block any similarly designed tool. I do have some tricks still up my sleeve and there may be ways to make it work - but this behaviour suggests that they are hostile towards modding tools, which means that there is every possibility they might update the game and counter any workarounds I come up with.

it very likely they already monitor this thread, loverslab forum, modderbase, freestepdodge, 3dm forum many more forum for spy and prepare counter measure when anyone come up with new method of modding this game

32 minutes ago, Wish Upon a Star said:

i mean it, they really serious about they "core values" shit, and with monthly update like this, i really doubt they gone let us run wild 

You could be right, but if they were dead serious about it why letting CE run ? Also DOA5lr had monthly updates, they could have fked the modding scene but they did not

Well time will tell

44 minutes ago, Baal bal said:

You could be right, but if they were dead serious about it why letting CE run ? Also DOA5lr had monthly updates, they could have fked the modding scene but they did not

Well time will tell

because they need to know what kind method we have and prepare counter measure, no ?? and they do fuk with modding both in internet and in game, but then game too flop so they just given up on pc after few month. but this time, they really serious, from first trailer to very end of this game lifetime. and since because dat "core values" shit, i dont thing they gone add pp in this game, and dat why i dont thing we have much asset for modding like doa5

1 hour ago, Monty-R said:

Is it possible to use ReShade?

Please share the trick. 

Unless you are a programmer the trick for you is to wait patiently until I've polished this up and release it in a new version of 3DMigoto ?

If you are a programmer you would be well aware that 3DMigoto is open source up on github and a topic branch I was working on this time last year (almost to the day) might be of interest (but beware that using that topic branch as is will get 3DMigoto in places you may not want, which is part of why the feature hasn't been included in any releases yet - the other part being that outside of the Windows Store there just hasn't been any need for it until now).

As for ReShade - I don't think they have any support for the technique... but 3DMigoto can give them a piggy back ride into the game via the proxy_d3d11 setting:

unknown.png

25 minutes ago, ausgeek said:

Unless you are a programmer the trick for you is to wait patiently until I've polished this up and release it in a new version of 3DMigoto ?

If you are a programmer you would be well aware that 3DMigoto is open source up on github and a topic branch I was working on this time last year (almost to the day) might be of interest (but beware that using that topic branch as is will get 3DMigoto in places you may not want, which is part of why the feature hasn't been included in any releases yet - the other part being that outside of the Windows Store there just hasn't been any need for it until now).

As for ReShade - I don't think they have any support for the technique... but 3DMigoto can give them a piggy back ride into the game via the proxy_d3d11 setting:

unknown.png

That's some awesome news

2 hours ago, ausgeek said:

If you are a programmer you would be well aware that 3DMigoto is open source up on github and a topic branch I was working on this time last year (almost to the day) might be of interest (but beware that using that topic branch as is will get 3DMigoto in places you may not want, which is part of why the feature hasn't been included in any releases yet - the other part being that outside of the Windows Store there just hasn't been need for it until now).

unknown.png

Ah ok. Then I'm waiting for your release. Please!

3 hours ago, Intel23 said:

What happens to the site? I constantly get errors and speed is veeeeeeeeeeery slow.

Could this be a DDoS-attack from TN?

No it is probably due to a lot of people connecting to the site at the same time in the last couple days