Dead or Alive 6 - Modding Thread and Discussion

Even if Shimbori lied about toning it down to protect the game from being targeted by SJWs, it actually does have less sexy content than DOA5. We don't even have a swimsuit at launch.

Vanilla DOA5 launched with some swimsuits and those hot bunny things.

Animations, 3d models, "launch content" And even lighting are messed up

2019-03-06_03h15_11.png.b58bbc417a6fca2456bb7f3db986a6e9.png

Look at how bright everything is on the first image, and bellow I was watching a fight with free camera mode and noticed that if you rotate the camera some parts of the 3d model become dark for no aparent reason... (second Eliot head was a horizontal shot but reorientated it)

Also they did a poor job on the girls asses 

2019-03-06_03h28_35.png.4d99fa562f386361c5c8cfbf1b28c71d.png

15 hours ago, chrnodroid said:

The problem in Tekken 7 is the Unreal Engine 4 graphics, becuase is the worst engine to make good looking girls.  In fact, Soul Calibur 6 has the same problem. 

UE4 is good only for first/third person shooters, and 2D or cel shaded games.  

The best thing is to have a very own game engine, just like DOA6. 

Not really. Unreal Engine 4 is not to blame. It's the Artist and region behind using it. You have to remember the target demographic of that engine is mainly, mostly, and widely used by Westerners. Because of that, SJW resides in that region, which is against oversexualization of the female form; face, body, and clothing. If it's an American base game company/developer; you can expect them mirror their character designs toward how a human should look closely to real-life, rather than how they would want to imagine it in a fantasy setting. That's why my appeal to American games and design aren't usually to my cup of tea. They like to create 'ugly' art.

The UE 4 engine recently made widespread usage into China and some Japanese developers. Unreal Engine 4 can make some amazing looking fantasy character with a lot of sex appeal, since no SJW there. China doesn't hold back on that either; male and female are oversexualized. When I'm referring to oversexualization, I'm referring to the impossible perfect facial and body feature of the racial human form (this being Asian vs real life Asians) and not sexualization of clothing; aka skimpy outfits. I believe there is a China Law on prohibiting of showing female character with revealing clothing. So you mainly only see them in the traditional china long robes and dresses. It's already a popular engine in Korea, thus the Koreans, they embrace sexualization, clothing and all, as much skin, cleavage, etc., as possible.

However, when it comes to how you like the character to look, it's all comes down to personal preference. These are examples of what an artist that don't confirms to western art or taste can create:

Project Helious

Soul Calibur 6; 2B character model (Soon, Amy as well) - Which I believe Unreal 4 handle these models quite nicely. As it was originally made by a Japanese artist and not an American.

Swords of Lgends 3 (China's next AAA title)

Faith of Danschant (previous AAA title)

Lost Ark (is on the Unreal Engine 3) - Korea

Blade & Soul (also UE 3) - Korea

Someone mentioned Black Desert Online (another heavily modified UE 3) - Korea

Paragon (by Epic themselves) had some really amazing female character models.

The tool isn't the reason why characters don't look good. It's the person making that character look bad either on purpose, or they're inexperience, or it's their artistic preference.

12 hours ago, Sinyu said:

Не реально. Unreal Engine 4 не виноват. Это художник и регион за его использованием. Вы должны помнить, что целевая демография этого двигателя в основном, в основном, и широко используется западными. Из-за этого, SJW проживает в том регионе, который против чрезмерного использования женской формы; лица, тела и одежды. Если это американская компания-разработчик базовых игр; вы можете ожидать, что они отражают свои проекты персонажей в сторону того, как человек должен внимательно смотреть на реальную жизнь, а не на то, как они захотят представить ее в фантастической обстановке. Вот почему мое обращение к американским играм и дизайну обычно не касается моей чашки чая. Они любят создавать "уродливое" искусство.

Двигатель UE 4 недавно получил широкое распространение в Китае и некоторых японских разработчиков. Unreal Engine 4 может сделать какого-то удивительного фантастического персонажа с большим количеством сексуальной привлекательности, так как там нет SJW. Китай также не сдерживает этого; мужчины и женщины чрезмерно заняты. Когда я имею в виду oversexualization, я имею в виду невозможную идеальную черту лица и тела расовой человеческой формы (это азиаты против реальных азиатов), а не сексуализацию одежды; он же скудные наряды. Я считаю, что есть закон Китая о запрете показывать женский характер с откровенной одеждой. Так Вы главным образом только видите их в традиционных одеждах и платьях Китая длинных. Это уже популярный двигатель в Корее, поэтому корейцы, они обнимают сексуализацию, одежду и все, как можно больше кожи, декольте и т.д., по возможности.

Однако, когда дело доходит до того, как вам нравится, что персонаж выглядит, все сводится к личным предпочтениям. Это примеры того, что художник, который не подтверждает западному искусству или вкусу, может создать:

Проект Helious

Soul Calibur 6; 2b character model (скоро, Эми также) - что я считаю нереальным 4 обрабатывать эти модели довольно красиво. Как это было первоначально сделано японским художником, а не американцем.

Мечи Lgends 3 (следующий титул AAA в Китае)

Вера Даншанта (предыдущее название AAA)

Lost Ark (is on the Unreal Engine 3) - Южная Корея

Blade & Soul (также UE 3) - Южная Корея

Кто-то упомянул Black Desert Online (еще один сильно модифицированный UE 3) - Южная Корея

Парагон (сами по себе Epic) имел некоторые действительно удивительные модели женских персонажей.

Инструмент не является причиной, почему персонажи не выглядят хорошо. Это человек, который заставляет этого персонажа выглядеть плохо либо специально, либо они неопытны, либо это их художественное предпочтение.

это верно! Японцы и корейцы пожалуй создают самых сексуальных персонажей официально для игр. В других странах это под запретом. И если бы не ребята создающие моды для игр то на многие игры даже бы и не взглянули, а тот же skyrim для многих закончился на первом прохождении и забыт)

13 hours ago, Monty-R said:

Даже если Shimbori солгал о тонировании его, чтобы защитить игру от того, чтобы быть мишенью SJWs, он на самом деле имеет менее сексуальный контент, чем DOA5. У нас даже нет купальника на старте.

Ванильный DOA5 запущен с некоторыми купальники и те горячие кролика вещи.

это маркетинговый ход. Купальники жди в DLC Пляжный сезон . как и другие DLC типа Hollowen, Cristmas , " Mini Bikini sexy round mega fap " (сокращенно MBSRMF ) . просто игра на старте должна без судебных исков хотя бы начать продаваться...

3 hours ago, K700L99 said:

Guys! After today's update, the game freezes immediately after the start. And no reaction to anything.

What should I do?

Could this be because I installed the pirated version?

Launch the pirated game and play.????

[Original] dead or raw 6 data import and export tool DoaTool! ! ! 2019-03-07 update 

Function description: 
1. Support data export function. 
2. Support data import function. 
3. After the texture is exported, it is a .g1t file. You can download the Rockman tool into a dds texture in the Real Three Kingdoms Unparalleled 8 Zone. 
4. After the model is exported, it is a .g1m file, and I will convert it to the dae format when I update the tool. 
5. A model and map data comparison table is attached. 

Easy to use instructions: 
1. Data export: 
      Take the 1482 numbered Xia model data as an example. Use this command to export: export -rdb c -i 1582, the output file is DoaTool_out\00001582.g1m 
2. Data import: 
      Assume the modified model The file is kasumi.g1m, use this command to import: import -rdb c -i 1582 -d kasumi.g1m 

personal mod works website: https://azz.net/tianmuxia , temporarily no DOA6 mod 

download:

DoaTool.zip

46 minutes ago, mai2019 said:

[Original] dead or raw 6 data import and export tool DoaTool! ! ! 2019-03-07 update 

Function description: 
1. Support data export function. 
2. Support data import function. 
3. After the texture is exported, it is a .g1t file. You can download the Rockman tool into a dds texture in the Real Three Kingdoms Unparalleled 8 Zone. 
4. After the model is exported, it is a .g1m file, and I will convert it to the dae format when I update the tool. 
5. A model and map data comparison table is attached. 

Easy to use instructions: 
1. Data export: 
      Take the 1482 numbered Xia model data as an example. Use this command to export: export -rdb c -i 1582, the output file is DoaTool_out\00001582.g1m 
2. Data import: 
      Assume the modified model The file is kasumi.g1m, use this command to import: import -rdb c -i 1582 -d kasumi.g1m 

personal mod works website: https://azz.net/tianmuxia , temporarily no DOA6 mod 

download:

DoaTool.zip 1.01 MB · 17 downloads

Well, I’m the author, I will update the tool recently, hahaha

2 minutes ago, tianmuxia said:

Well, I’m the author, I will update the tool recently, hahaha

Hi man! Thank you so much, but i have a problem! ?

I get this 

ERROR!! Can't open the file to write: out\00006201.dat
ERROR!! Can't open the file to write: out\00006202.dat
ERROR!! Can't open the file to write: out\00006203.dat
ERROR!! Can't open the file to write: out\00006204.g1m
ERROR!! Can't open the file to write: out\00006205.g1t
ERROR!! Can't open the file to write: out\00006206.g1m

I have another question: can you provide a link for the Rockman Tool for converting the textures to .dds?

10 minutes ago, gatto tom said:

I get this 

I have another question: can you provide a link for the Rockman Tool for converting the textures to .dds?

About the "out" error, just create an "out" folder manually before launching the program.

Ok, I found a program that properly converts from g1t to dds here: http://xnalara.org/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1001

Run the program. Specify the folder with your g1t files. Select "Dynasty Warriors 8" as game. Choose "NO" to all questions, except the one that says "Process G1T files?", answer yes to that one. And done. It will mass convert the g1t files into dds files.

To convert from dds to g1t... well, you can use an hex editor :) Just copy the raw data, which in dds files always starts at offset 0x80 (0x94 if fourCC is DX10), and in g1t files at offset 0x38. This trick would work assuming you didn't change the dds type (DXT1, DXT5, ATI1, etc), resolutions, or options (mip maps usage).

Anyway, maybe tianmuxia shares a link to a better dds-g1t conversion tool. Otherwise, creating a tool to convert between those formats is simple enough, the format is well documented in the source code of the tool I linked.

EDIT: after a bit of further testing, the tool to convert the textures doesn't work that well. It has problems with some textures. Also, it looks like most of textures are in BC7 format, which not every tool out there can read.

9 hours ago, gatto tom said:

I get this 

It's the old version tool, I have updated a new version yesterday.

6 hours ago, vagonumero13 said:

Ok, I found a program that properly converts from g1t to dds here: http://xnalara.org/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1001

Run the program. Specify the folder with your g1t files. Select "Dynasty Warriors 8" as game. Choose "NO" to all questions, except the one that says "Process G1T files?", answer yes to that one. And done. It will mass convert the g1t files into dds files.

To convert from dds to g1t... well, you can use an hex editor :) Just copy the raw data, which in dds files always starts at offset 0x80 (0x94 if fourCC is DX10), and in g1t files at offset 0x38. This trick would work assuming you didn't change the dds type (DXT1, DXT5, ATI1, etc), resolutions, or options (mip maps usage).

Anyway, maybe tianmuxia shares a link to a better dds-g1t conversion tool. Otherwise, creating a tool to convert between those formats is simple enough, the format is well documented in the source code of the tool I linked.

EDIT: after a bit of further testing, the tool to convert the textures doesn't work that well. It has problems with some textures. Also, it looks like most of textures are in BC7 format, which not every tool out there can read.

The tool to convert textures.

LINKDATA导入导出工具-0.430.7z