Dead or Alive 6 - Modding Thread and Discussion

Am I the only one who feel the new engine is not rendering as good as old soft engine? and they still didn't have movement clipping fixed... SAD

------

Actually, after some side by side comparisons, it's not bad. Just more sacturated, probably better normal/bump map, definitely better shadow, arguably better reflection. Just not as soft... nothing to complain really,

https://imgur.com/QC7IO9Z

https://imgur.com/w8H6rvY

1 hour ago, knight77 said:

I saw that it only said OS Win10. Is that true or could you run it on Win7 as well? I preordered DOA5LR, but it was pretty lame... they didnt added the mp by now WTF? Dont do the same mistake again

It works in Win 7, regardless of what the requirements said.

2 hours ago, knight77 said:

I saw that it only said OS Win10. Is that true or could you run it on Win7 as well? I preordered DOA5LR, but it was pretty lame... they didnt added the mp by now WTF? Dont do the same mistake again

Do u mean lobbies? They will be added later.

Btw i was thinking that Stevens' Gas Machine could extract the files inside tmo folder. I didn't test yet but maybe it needs a support for doa6?

not buying until i see nude mods,got mixed reviews on Steam but that seems to be lobby related ( which is of no interest to me ) plus the game is way overpriced (AUD

3 minutes ago, sikkboy said:

not buying until i see nude mods,got mixed reviews on Steam but that seems to be lobby related ( which is of no interest to me ) plus the game is way overpriced (AUD

Game's absolutely great. If you care about the actual fighting game aspect of the game at all, I highly recommend it. The new systems they put in there really go well with the already established techniques.

Season Pass is trolling us. Need a second job if I want that. Also would need to relinquish all my dignity and self-respect, cuz costumes are not worth $100. And did anyone notice it said "Season Pass 1"? --> 1 <-- ......this means there will be at least one more season pass, and possibly be more expensive. They might as well just rob my house.

My main complaint is they ruined the old combos. I mained Leifang, and my combo was to start with her crit burst, v+> PP v>P, crit burst (causes crit stun), ^K (launch), PPKK. Now, the crit burst doesn't stun them, so I reverted to >K to stun, PPP, then the stupid new S (RB on Xbox) to crit stun, which is now called Fatal Stun, then launch them and combo.

Long story short, I really didn't wanna have to learn everyone again from scratch. I went out of my way to train and learn everyone really well on DOA5LR to prepare for DOA6, only to find out that made things harder for me in DOA6, which was the opposite of my goal and purpose of all that training.

[/rant]

Back to topic: Have people tried all the previous tools? There were a lot of things used on DOA5LR.

Quick heads up: This game appears to be actively blocking modding tools - if it detects either 3DMigoto or ReShade loaded it shuts down immediately after the splash screen (cleanly - this is not a crash).

At this point I am about 90% confident that this is intentional, and not just a bug - but I am still digging and will let you know if I find something that changes my assessment.

I don't yet know if it is singling out specific tools (I doubt it - I can't see why they would target ReShade), or if this is a more general "am I speaking with the real DirectX" style check that would block any similarly designed tool. I do have some tricks still up my sleeve and there may be ways to make it work - but this behaviour suggests that they are hostile towards modding tools, which means that there is every possibility they might update the game and counter any workarounds I come up with.

Edit: I have been able to get 3DMigoto working with one of my tricks.

They did have that whole "Please don't make lewd mods for DOA5LR!" thing back when that came out. Maybe this time they decided to build up the game with modding prevention in mind to prevent DOA6 from repeating DOA5LRs footsteps of lewd mods.

That'd be a shame

17 minutes ago, ausgeek said:

Quick heads up: This game appears to be actively blocking modding tools - if it detects either 3DMigoto or ReShade loaded it shuts down immediately after the splash screen (cleanly - this is not a crash).

At this point I am about 90% confident that this is intentional, and not just a bug - but I am still digging and will let you know if I find something that changes my assessment.

I don't yet know if it is singling out specific tools (I doubt it - I can't see why they would target ReShade), or if this is a more general "am I speaking with the real DirectX" style check that would block any similarly designed tool. I do have some tricks still up my sleeve and there may be ways to make it work - but this behaviour suggests that they are hostile towards modding tools, which means that there is every possibility they might update the game and counter any workarounds I come up with.

It's also possible they added checks like this to prevent cracking the game. I don't think they intend to take major measures to combat something like nude mods.

However as I say this I consider they would not want people to make their own costumes for obvious lack of sales in DLC.