Dead or Alive 6 - Modding Thread and Discussion

35 minutes ago, Baralgin said:

Very simple. :)  They suspect that Win7 owners will not pay anything for DLC.

Honestly,no one should,just so KT can learn to respect their customers instead of  charging them with overpriced fanservice costumes,for a half finished game..After all,in 6 months they will probably release a "complete" version like they do with all their games..Anyway,I'll stop here cause I haven't bought the game and I prolly won't so yeah..

1 hour ago, Demonizer said:

Honestly,no one should,just so KT can learn to respect their customers instead of  charging them with overpriced fanservice costumes,for a half finished game..After all,in 6 months they will probably release a "complete" version like they do with all their games..Anyway,I'll stop here cause I haven't bought the game and I prolly won't so yeah..

So work not only in K T. These are the laws of the market, they should release the games ASAP.

And if we pay nothing to the developers, it will kill the gaming industry.

20 hours ago, vagonumero13 said:

I made a program to extract the rdb files. Link:  https://mega.nz/#!vpMmQQYQ!rFvpOntPmz8VJ-QFN6Tg8ktGiuAbiKmi38OE6GUbrJY

Usage: drag and drop the file with extension .rdb (not the .rdb.bin!, not the .rdb.bin_0!). Make sure, though, that the .rdb.bin, and the .rdb.bin_0 (if it exists) are in the same directory.

The program will create a folder with the same name that the file but without the extension, and it will unpack all files there. You may want to copy things to other places to not dirty the game directory, but that's up to you.

The program has no use for regular users. It is for modders so that they can research the game files and formats.

that's great news i stopped modding after someone stole my copy of 3DSMax and stole my mods and put them on a Russian charge site ( useless information ),but once modders can extract them it means they may be able to alter and repack them,looking forward to seeing what can be done

2 hours ago, Benn8204 said:

Is it just me or DoA6 is less sexier than before ? All of those alternative costume are garbage (I mean just ordinary normal costume). Are DoA6 is Tekken now ?

thanks to sjwss and feminist out there...remember when first trailer revealed kasumi with full ninja suit (yes the black one without any revealing body parts?) they (sjws and feminist) were rage like "omg you exploiting sexiness than gameplay bla bla bla" ....

It looks like the files in the data/ folder are newer/alternative versions of the files in the rdb packages, albeit they are also zlib compressed themselves. With a bit of luck, if they really have priority over the files in the rdb packages, we may be able to replace files without rebuilding the huge rdb + .rdb.bin files. This is only theory, though.

Texture files: the game uses a format with a header "GT1G0600". There are already tools for this format. The conversor to dds here doesn't work properly. You can see the texture  shape, but it messes the color, I guess it incorrectly writes the dds header.  I have yet yo try the bms script here. Anyway, I don't think textures will be a problem.

Meshes files: I dont know if it is the mesh format, but I came accross some files with header "_M1G7300", which have the "looks" of a mesh format. There are no references to that in internet, it may be a new format or just no one documented it.

21 minutes ago, vagonumero13 said:

It looks like the files in the data/ folder are newer/alternative versions of the files in the rdb packages, albeit they are also zlib compressed themselves. With a bit of luck, if they really have priority over the files in the rdb packages, we may be able to replace files without rebuilding the huge rdb + .rdb.bin files. This is only theory, though.

The game can check these files before loading, by checksum or by any label inside the file.

21 minutes ago, vagonumero13 said:

Texture files: the game uses a format with a header "GT1G0600". There are already tools for this format. The conversor to dds here doesn't work properly.

You are not mistaken with the link? I followed this link and found "Final Fantasy Dissidia NT PS4 Tools".

26 minutes ago, jijijoe said:

The game can check these files before loading, by checksum or by any label inside the file.

You are not mistaken with the link? I followed this link and found "Final Fantasy Dissidia NT PS4 Tools".

No, not a mistake. That game apparently uses same format. The "ffsnt.exe" in the files there understands this format, and generates a DDS, although like I said, it doesn't work properly with DOA6 textures. Maybe the bms script works better.

8 hours ago, Benn8204 said:

Это только я или DoA6 менее сексуальнее, чем раньше ? Все эти альтернативные костюмы-мусор (я имею в виду просто обычный нормальный костюм). DoA6 теперь Tekken ?

DoA6 не Tekken. В Tekken все персонажи страшные, а не только костюмы! ?  7cf308b0f194t.jpg  6c7091b2f767t.jpg   fc70ae21a9e5t.jpg 7baaed798bd6t.jpg  5e5767776d32t.jpg 

The problem in Tekken 7 is the Unreal Engine 4 graphics, becuase is the worst engine to make good looking girls.  In fact, Soul Calibur 6 has the same problem. 

UE4 is good only for first/third person shooters, and 2D or cel shaded games.  

The best thing is to have a very own game engine, just like DOA6. 

9 minutes ago, tatakau said:

Приятель, ты совершенно не прав.

Сяою.JPG.f813dbaab8efa8c2bbeb2266020f3606.JPG

УК.JPG.6b6f279d024d7f3fbb6baf1285247be6.JPG

tekken7.JPG.06314bc16253570a1bde986449a0b94b.jpg

увы... но я не только прав, а так и есть! у меня стояли Tekken, Soul Calibur 6 и DoA5LR . Tekken пришлось удалить из за того что персонажи явно проигрывали им (внешне угловатые и плохой мимикой, проще говоря квадратные) но на фотках представления они неплохи, но фото это фото , а не игра. А теперь вышел DoA6 где графика выше и физика лучше... да и мимика

6 hours ago, Team48 said:

How is it possible to steal 3DSMax? :D

back in the day of discs ( 2003-2005 you still had to renew your license online but you had to have the code) it was a 1200$ program back then,now it's even more,it's impossible to pirate Photoshop ( i did a TAFE course and purchased it as a student still worked out to 600$ program ) i still use it, but i won't go back to modding for others,as charging for mods back then was unheard of

However i'd pay for something i'm unable or unwilling to do,these programs are not cheap,coding, modeling etc takes alot of effort and time

11 minutes ago, chrnodroid said:

The problem in Tekken 7 is the Unreal Engine 4 graphics, becuase is the worst engine to make good looking girls.  In fact, Soul Calibur 6 has the same problem. 

UE4 is good only for first/third person shooters, and 2D or cel shaded games.  

The best thing is to have a very own game engine, just like DOA6. 

визуально персонажи в Soul Calibur 6 смотрятся на много привлекательнее, чем персонажи в Tekken 7... Даже Геральд из ривии)))

9 hours ago, mazditzo said:

thanks to sjwss and feminist out there...remember when first trailer revealed kasumi with full ninja suit (yes the black one without any revealing body parts?) they (sjws and feminist) were rage like "omg you exploiting sexiness than gameplay bla bla bla" ....

That was all a smokescreen to hide most of the revealing content behind unlocks and DLC.

I doubt it's possible right now, but I'd really be happy if someone could restore the Break Blow close-up for Marie, Honoka and NiCO. For some reason those have been censored even though they were already in trailers.

Which personally wouldn't be a big problem for me, but since Marie doesn't have a close up on her attack, you can play the whole game without ever seeing a close-up. That's pretty lame IMO.

I fully agree with the above post, I would love such a mod. It's going to need a bit more time but I hope this dream will come true eventually. In the meantime, since it seems like it's already possible to swap models, I suppose swapping Marie's model to another character's like Ayane means we could see her getting hit by a break blow. Not a very clean solution though.

6 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

That was all a smokescreen to hide most of the revealing content behind unlocks and DLC.

Agree but remember for their domestic market it works without needed of the smoke screen ...while north american and western europe...thats another story ......