Is Skyrim LE suffering from CC updates too?

ahnkra

I moved to SE because like everyone else I was tired of Oldrim crashing all the time.  I know most of the crashes were my fault as my games are always heavily modded.  Infact Ill be honest Id have no reason to play skyrim at all if it weren't for all the wonderful, awesome, and occasionally naughty mods that keep coming out even after all these years.

But I cant stand my games being constantly broke by these stupid useless CC updates.  I have to work for a living, so when I get to play skyrim I tend to binge play for 10+ hours at a time.  With Oldrim the problem was Id often lose hours worth of play time from a stupid out of nowhere crash (everyone knows you have to keep auto saves turned off, so If I get engrossed too much in a current play through and then crash from zoning or something ughhhhhhhh!) With SE my troubles are doubled though.  First there is waiting for all the mods to get updated and ported, and sometimes that never happens (gazes longingly over @ Yiffy Age and pouts) And then there's those stupid CC updates, which break SKSE, which breaks my entire game.  So then I have to wait for all these wonderful people to try and update their mods AFTER SKSE64 gets updated, and not to complain but it takes forever, and it seems these last few times fewer mods are even bothering to update at all, or taking longer to do so.  And invariably after all the updates, my save game is no longer compatible :(  So I start another game, only to get to level 30something playing on my days off, to come home one day and find They Did it Again! (pulls hair out, throws mouse.)  At this rate I will never finish my Dragonborn museum, Get Kaiden to marry me or finish building Blackthorn!

Any advice on what to do?  I already tried turning off autoupdates and making skyrim.exe read only, and I only ever launched the game with the SKSE64 loader, none of That stopped the update though.  Im really leaning towards Oldrim again if their not bothering to do the CC updates with it. Especialy since there are just some mods here that never made it to the Dark Side.  Thoughts, Advice?  I really just want to be able to enjoy playing again, without worrying im gona start up the game and get the SKSE warning that its out of date and the game isn't going to work.

For me it sounds like you gave yourself the answer already.

Thought its enough to deactivate steam updates, no?

Still, if you don't mod your LE to hell it can be made stable (like 4-6 hours without CTD, but its good to restart LE after 4h anyways)

You could create a stable LE and use it while you wait for SE to get updated.

Just don't experiment with LE, don't overdo it and use the mods you know that work and build a stable base game with Crash fixes and ENBoost.

Yeah if I can just confirm they are NOT doing CC updates. In the end for me predictable crashes are still better than broken games that cant be salvaged.  I did my best to try to keep up with all the mods and suggestions / tweaks to keep LE as stable as possible, and I totally agree with limiting the number of mods.  Sadly the mods I really enjoy tend to be enormous or excessively script heavy.  Does anyone have or can point out a current guide to making Oldrim behave? lol I know I can go do my own home work on the subject again, but cant hurt to ask if anyone else has stumbled across a really stable build?

1 minute ago, ahnkra said:

Yeah if I can just confirm they are NOT doing CC updates. In the end for me predictable crashes are still better than broken games that cant be salvaged.  I did my best to try to keep up with all the mods and suggestions / tweaks to keep LE as stable as possible, and I totally agree with limiting the number of mods.  Sadly the mods I really enjoy tend to be enormous or excessively script heavy.  Does anyone have or can point out a current guide to making Oldrim behave? lol I know I can go do my own home work on the subject again, but cant hurt to ask if anyone else has stumbled across a really stable build?

LE is safe, no CC at all.

you guys rock = )  Thanks for taking the time to respond, Ive already reinstalled LE and am trying to rebuild things. Fingers crossed and all that.  Im determined to Finish that museum and build blackthorn up all the way! Its like the ultimate challenge, If I can do that then I can finally say I've mastered everything Skyrim had to offer lol.  And if I happen to seduce half the population while Im at it, I can say I had a blast doing it too lmao... wonder if there is a Yiffy patch for Kaiden somewhere (wanders off down the isles of files.)

Donttouchmethere is being modest. If you look at his guide (in his blog) and follow it you should be able to play through very high levels (80+) without a single CTD. I do agree that giving the computer a break is a good idea but I routinely play 8-10 hours at a time without a CTD and so do many others who post routinely on the Technical Threads.

54 minutes ago, Psalam said:

I routinely play 8-10 hours at a time without a CTD

Due to RL constraints I never get that much in a row ... except for I leave my PC standing around somewhere and return real life hours later.

But the point is: You will have almost no CTDs if you set up and configured your Skyrim LE the right way ( and play accordingly).

Whenever I CTD, I can usually pinpoint the cause in a matter of seconds...

I'll throw in my two penneth and agree with the others by saying that Skyrim LE is as stable as you make it. I'm retired so I can spend as much time as I want playing. I currently running (literally) around Skyrim with about 10 custom followers in tow. Any fights and there are multiple magic effects going off in addition to people dashing around. Not one CTD in over a week of this game and that's my normal experience. Approx 210 plug-ins and maybe dozen or two more mods.

I only get one rare crash on LE with about 500 mods and it is predictable due to spawn mods in the open world (crash Df101a) And I live with it because it is rare, and I love big battles. If I play a game with no extra spawns in the open world I can play crash free for as many levels I play. With all the tools available for LE to prevent crashes, and fix the shit that the developers should have, it is as stable as can be. 

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 6:49 AM, Psalam said:

Donttouchmethere is being modest. If you look at his guide (in his blog) and follow it you should be able to play through very high levels (80+) without a single CTD.

Awesome, without sounding newb, where would I find this guide? I got the game up and running and after some manual mod ordering cause loot apparently doesn't do what it says and order mods correctly I seem to have gotten all the obvious bugs out of the game and have it playable.  But im still suffering from the expected CTD, with zoning being 9 out of 10 of them and the rare out in the open nothing obvious ones still keeping me on my toes. lol

3 hours ago, ahnkra said:

Im more used to being flamed at for asking, rather than people actually helping.

ooops. That's our fault. :classic_blush:

But if you are missing something, I think we can arrange for some heated insults.... ?

*mumbles* ... wheeere was this book, I looted found from the pockets of that dead mage on the road...

*ruffles-though-the-book-chest*  Ah! "Urag gro-Shub's lectures on how to bully people, Volume I"

Spoiler
3 hours ago, worik said:

ooops. That's our fault. :classic_blush:

But if you are missing something, I think we can arrange for some heated insults.... ?

*mumbles* ... wheeere was this book, I looted found from the pockets of that dead mage on the road...

*ruffles-though-the-book-chest*  Ah! "Urag gro-Shub's lectures on how to bully people, Volume I"

How about "A Thalmor Justiciar's Guide to Proper Etiquette with Inferior Other Races"?

2 hours ago, Psalam said:

How about "A Thalmor Justiciar's Guide to Proper Etiquette with Inferior Other Races"?

? Isn't that the theoretical research compendium where the whole CrapCreationClub idea is based on?

I think it was chapter VII where the author formulated a blueprint of such a daedric cronstruct in detail.

Spoiler
Just now, worik said:

? Isn't that the theoretical research compendium where the whole CrapCreationClub idea is based on?

I think it was chapter VII where the author described a blueprint of such a daedric cronstruct in detail.

And here I was thinking that you had made your peace with the Creation Kit. I thought that you and CPU had your issues solved? Or was that you tore your Creation Kit INTO pieces? How did that maxim go, "the Romans created a desert and called it peace?"

10 minutes ago, Psalam said:

Creation Kit.

Oh! But I am becoming best friends with the Creation Kit. :classic_blush: First baby's ultrasound pictures to appear in my blog soon. ?

But it is still the CrapClub that keeps me from even touching SSE for the foreseeable future :classic_ph34r:

Spoiler
24 minutes ago, worik said:

Oh! But I am becoming best friends with the Creation Kit. :classic_blush: First baby's ultrasound pictures to appear in my blog soon. ?

But it is still the CrapClub that keeps me from even touching SSE for the foreseeable future :classic_ph34r:

I hate to show my ignorance but, it being so profoundly obvious, I have no choice. I don't even know what the Creation Club is, not really. After seeing this thread:

I was of the opinion that I really didn't need want to know. ?

Spoiler
1 minute ago, worik said:

Isn't it funny how Mr. Lemmingway always has a sensitive nose to pinpoint the most smelly piles of biological remains in the forest.

I have found that the Blue One IS an extraordinarily sensitive kind of guy creature. He does seem to have a particular sensitivity for sniffing out hypocrisy and malfeasance however (for evidence I point to his threads and his descriptions of poachers hunters).

Archived