[FO4] [AAF] Themes - VanillaSexAnimations, Kinky/Aggressive and CreatureSexAnimations

On 10/11/2020 at 8:47 AM, murf said:

Follow this guide precisely

Here is my issue....this guide doesn't say how to install the Themes at all

All it says is that they need to be installed

When I said I need a step by step guide on how to install the themes I meant it literally, the theme's themselves, I have AAF already installed but I don't know where I am supposed to install the Theme files or how to do it at all

so a step by step guide on how to install these themes into the game through vortex or even manually would be very helpful

thank you and sorry again if this is asking a lot

22 minutes ago, Sosina said:

Here is my issue....this guide doesn't say how to install the Themes at all

All it says is that they need to be installed

When I said I need a step by step guide on how to install the themes I meant it literally, the theme's themselves, I have AAF already installed but I don't know where I am supposed to install the Theme files or how to do it at all

so a step by step guide on how to install these themes into the game through vortex or even manually would be very helpful

thank you and sorry again if this is asking a lot

Download the file from the downloads link on the files page, then drag it from your downloads folder to the drop area at the bottom of the mods view in Vortex. After that, use the widget on the left side of the row that appears for the Themes mod to switch it from Not Installed to Enabled, and then click the Deploy button.

39 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Download the file from the downloads link on the files page, then drag it from your downloads folder to the drop area at the bottom of the mods view in Vortex. After that, use the widget on the left side of the row that appears for the Themes mod to switch it from Not Installed to Enabled, and then click the Deploy button.

thank you for the help sorry if this was a hassle, I have never used Vortex, you were a big help

16 hours ago, GoldenRain said:

I don't know if it is 100% on my end or not, but I had to add  --> after all SC and AJ  headers (not sure if headers is the correct name,, after the 1.2 i would add a  --> so they would stop being green).  They were not being called for yet worked in AAF wizard

AJ's stuff is way outdated half of the animation references have changed so I've gradually been commenting support out for it with the <!-- and --> (you need to use them in pairs).

• 2 weeks later...

I also can't install themes.

66101783_cantinstallthemes.PNG.070a87db8f1e20cc25e24cde804f73de.PNG

I have AAF Beta 154 installed yet it can't seem to detect it. It worked before in NMM but I recently switched over and it won't work in Vortex

Edit: and yes I have done the whole edit the ini thing, this issue has only happened after while transitioning to Vortex

2 hours ago, peggtree said:

I have AAF Beta 154 installed yet it can't seem to detect it. It worked before in NMM but I recently switched over and it won't work in Vortex

Edit: and yes I have done the whole edit the ini thing, this issue has only happened after while transitioning to Vortex

Installed, or also enabled in the Plugins list? This error has never happened to me and I am using Vortex.

16 hours ago, peggtree said:

[...snip large screenshot...]

That error says it's checking whether the plugin AAF provides is active. So make sure the mod is in an enabled state in the mods list (not merely installed state) and then click the deploy button to make sure the plugins.txt gets updated accordingly.

3 hours ago, vaultbait said:

That error says it's checking whether the plugin AAF provides is active. So make sure the mod is in an enabled state in the mods list (not merely installed state) and then click the deploy button to make sure the plugins.txt gets updated accordingly.

I had it AAF in enabled, no other mods were enabled for context. I've since just switched back to NMM and reinstalled all my mods.

45 minutes ago, peggtree said:

I had it AAF in enabled, no other mods where enabled for context. I've since just switched back to NMM and reinstalled all my mods.

I don't know what to tell you then. I've been using Vortex for nearly 2 years now and not seen that error, except when the plugins.txt was missing AAF because it hadn't been deployed. Regardless, it sounds like there's no longer any point in trying to help you troubleshoot it.

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

I don't know what to tell you then. I've been using Vortex for nearly 2 years now and not seen that error, except when the plugins.txt was missing AAF because it hadn't been deployed. Regardless, it sounds like there's no longer any point in trying to help you troubleshoot it.

Its fine, an annoyance but not to bad. Out of curiosity, is there much of a benefit to Vortex over NMM? Should I try vortex again in the future or is it not truly worth it if I have been using NMM instead. I always read that Vortex is so much better, newer, and more expansive, but I rarely get real details in how its much better.

1 minute ago, peggtree said:

Its fine, an annoyance but not to bad. Out of curiosity, is there much of a benefit to Vortex over NMM? Should I try vortex again in the future or is it not truly worth it if I have been using NMM instead. I always read that Vortex is so much better, newer, and more expansive, but I rarely get real details in how its much better.

Yes, Vortex is supported by a major site. Meaning any issues will soon be addressed. NMM is discontinued. No longer supported and now open source. It has had its problems which you can see on the NMM site here on LL. 

NMM directly places items into the data folder. In the past ol' school mod mangers did that. No problems. Vortex (and MO) don't do that. They keep the files seperate from the data folder .. each do it differently. The net result is a much better deployment of mods IMO. Either one is preferred over NMM's old process. Less likely an issue will occur when adding and removing mods.

both have processes to change the "priority" of the installed mods. This is a major improvement over the ol' way. Before you'd have to uninstall many mods then reinstall all of them in the new order. Heaven forbid you fucked it up.. (ether by allowing or not allowing something to overwrite something else or installing something before or after something else you wanted to take priority over (win) in the install order. (so that it shows in game).  Now just change the priority of the install and a few other settings and you can fix something you fucked up installing. 

These are just the tip of the iceburg.  Choose either. If you don't like Vortex, then try MO2.  I am afraid the team working on NMM is not going to have it up and running reliably enough for long enough for it to become stable where most mod authors will feel confident advising it for their mods. Now a days, many won't even support you using NMM. 

This wasn't quite on subject so please everybody forgive me. However, I believe it is essential that a good solid and generally well regarded mod manager is used by people so that the aren't any issues with installation that will leave the user wanting after the mod author and many of the support individuals say they can't help. ;)  I have seen this happen quite often on this site as well as on others. Some threads won't even begin to try to help with anyone using NMM.

30 minutes ago, RitualClarity said:

Yes, Vortex is supported by a major site. Meaning any issues will soon be addressed. NMM is discontinued. No longer supported and now open source. It has had its problems which you can see on the NMM site here on LL. 

NMM directly places items into the data folder. In the past ol' school mod mangers did that. No problems. Vortex (and MO) don't do that. They keep the files seperate from the data folder .. each do it differently. The net result is a much better deployment of mods IMO. Either one is preferred over NMM's old process. Less likely an issue will occur when adding and removing mods.

both have processes to change the "priority" of the installed mods. This is a major improvement over the ol' way. Before you'd have to uninstall many mods then reinstall all of them in the new order. Heaven forbid you fucked it up.. (ether by allowing or not allowing something to overwrite something else or installing something before or after something else you wanted to take priority over (win) in the install order. (so that it shows in game).  Now just change the priority of the install and a few other settings and you can fix something you fucked up installing. 

These are just the tip of the iceburg.  Choose either. If you don't like Vortex, then try MO2.  I am afraid the team working on NMM is not going to have it up and running reliably enough for long enough for it to become stable where most mod authors will feel confident advising it for their mods. Now a days, many won't even support you using NMM. 

This wasn't quite on subject so please everybody forgive me. However, I believe it is essential that a good solid and generally well regarded mod manager is used by people so that the aren't any issues with installation that will leave the user wanting after the mod author and many of the support individuals say they can't help. ;)  I have seen this happen quite often on this site as well as on others. Some threads won't even begin to try to help with anyone using NMM.

Wow thanks for the in-depth overview. Didn't know some threads will flat out reject NMM. Might give Vortex another swing or just switch over to MO2

21 hours ago, peggtree said:

Wow thanks for the in-depth overview. Didn't know some threads will flat out reject NMM. Might give Vortex another swing or just switch over to MO2

I don't know of anyone in the support discord for AAf supporting NMM. I see many times users of NMM being told they can't be helped further due to their mod manager.

A new manager is scary I get it. Watch some videos from Gopher, Gamerpoet etc on the mod managers and see which one of those two (Vortex or MO2) you prefer. Give it a try and experiment.  MO2 is POWERFUL with select Betesda games like Fallout 4, Skyrim SE etc. but not able to handle other games. Vortex is suppose to be able to deal with other games that MO2 doesn't. That is also some food for thought. Sorry to take so much away from this thread as this isn't really a place for this.. but then it is. Having a bad manager that wont' get you supported and the author (s) of mods having many support request ... from such a mod manager, is something important

There is a MO thread here. on LL and should have a Vortex thread (if not and you like it.. why not create one? :D )

On 11/1/2020 at 12:48 AM, peggtree said:

66101783_cantinstallthemes.PNG.070a87db8f1e20cc25e24cde804f73de.PNG

I am having the same issues as Peggtree, and am curious to know of any previously unmentioned solutions

7 hours ago, leonard346 said:

I am having the same issues as Peggtree, and am curious to know of any previously unmentioned solutions

Is AAF installed, enabled and deployed? Does the AAF.esm entry appear in the Plugins view and is it in an enabled state? Are you following a particular installation guide for these mods?

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, EZK-0X said:

latest is 201014.0?

As of the time of writing, yes, that's what I have installed. The latest entry in the changelog (from 2020-11-05) starts out:

Update 201014.0: (Yes it's old, I thought I had uploaded it already)

11 hours ago, Zyxxas said:

So what's happening with the tags for SavageCabbage's animations? The latest releases don't have tags included....

They are now in Savage Cabbages Animation Pack. It is actually the better way to do them as Themes was getting to large installing XML data for every one of the 3000 odd animations whether they were installed or not :)
Eventually I should do the same for the other major animation Packs too but taking a bit of a hiatus from FO4 at moment.

2 hours ago, Halstrom said:

They are now in Savage Cabbages Animation Pack. It is actually the better way to do them as Themes was getting to large installing XML data for every one of the 3000 odd animations whether they were installed or not :)
Eventually I should do the same for the other major animation Packs too but taking a bit of a hiatus from FO4 at moment.

Thanks, I didn't realise they'd been added to the later versions of SC's pack, turns out I just needed to update! ;) 

Thanks for all the work you do!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure where to take this so I'll try here. I'm having trouble with creature animations. There are a couple of things. More often than not the creature in the animation will stop the animation shortly after starting while my character continues thru the animation. Two is the animation will not run thru animation stages, it will choose a single stage and repeat it so stages are not working properly. I use AAF SEU, AAF Violate, and AAF Prostitution for initiating animations. I have no issues with human or humanoid creatures only non human creature types. If anyone could point me in the right direction to fix this it would be appreciated.