32 minutes ago, Shynasha said:

I had this bug that uuuh, for some reason didn't reported, maybe cuz of all the bug before, but aphodite bow don't work on friendly NPC. They don't become sexnod, and arousal maxed thing seem to not work eithier...

starbound.log 71.39 kB · 0 downloads

There seems to be a common incompatibility with some mod that is causing that, but i don't see an error, and cannot track down the reason why this might be happening, or what mod is the culprit.

Nothing instantly jumps at me as "This mod is to blame", and without a trace of why it's happening, all i can really say is, to pick your (Workshop) modpack apart and see if you can find the culprit. Sorry about that.

5 minutes ago, red3dred said:

There seems to be a common incompatibility with some mod that is causing that, but i don't see an error, and cannot track down the reason why this might be happening, or what mod is the culprit.

Nothing instantly jumps at me as "This mod is to blame", and without a trace of why it's happening, all i can really say is, to pick your (Workshop) modpack apart and see if you can find the culprit. Sorry about that.

No it's fine, you already helped me before anyways, imma search when I can.

1 hour ago, Shynasha said:

I had this bug that uuuh, for some reason didn't reported, maybe cuz of all the bug before, but aphodite bow don't work on friendly NPC. They don't become sexnod, and arousal maxed thing seem to not work eithier...

starbound.log 71.39 kB · 1 download

I cannot really determine what caused it either. Judging by the log, were you deleting something? There are two lines right before the crash that i am unsure about:

[22:36:59.620] [Info] Deleting discord server lobby 867143002844299286
[22:36:59.878] [Error] Could not connect delete server lobby (err 0)

18 hours ago, Stalliarus said:

I cannot really determine what caused it either. Judging by the log, were you deleting something? There are two lines right before the crash that i am unsure about:

[22:36:59.620] [Info] Deleting discord server lobby 867143002844299286
[22:36:59.878] [Error] Could not connect delete server lobby (err 0)

I don't have any crash, and I didn't delete anything for now, i'm gonna test if this is an incompatibility with any other mod. What is weird is that it appeared a while ago on my game when sexbound defeat had this bug we're ennemy made you invincible, and it stayed until now. I didn't add anything at this time, it appeared out of nowhere.

2 hours ago, Rorahusky said:

So, I keep seeing references to the POV mod, but I for the life of me can't seem to find any information on what said mod /does/ exactly. Can anyone enlighten me?

when the player is one of the supported races and has sex with an NPC of the supported races, a small window appears next to the sexbound control wheel, depicting a close up pov shot of the action

8 hours ago, Rorahusky said:

So, I keep seeing references to the POV mod, but I for the life of me can't seem to find any information on what said mod /does/ exactly. Can anyone enlighten me?

6 hours ago, SingleForLife said:

when the player is one of the supported races and has sex with an NPC of the supported races, a small window appears next to the sexbound control wheel, depicting a close up pov shot of the action

It was also apparently kind of not being updated alongside the updates to the code of Sexbound, and thus wasn't working when it should have. But now all's working well, feel free to backtrack to page 108 for any further details on the status of it, because its pretty much pre-alpha to alpha right now.

59 minutes ago, NightWolf said:

Can i interact with my offspring and if so how do i?

You can hire them as crew-members, that's it. If they were born from the player they will always be recruitable, but if they're born from NPC's, they'll be the same kind and team as their parent.

Just press E on them.

Edited by red3dred
21 hours ago, red3dred said:

You can hire them as crew-members, that's it. If they were born from the player they will always be recruitable, but if they're born from NPC's, they'll be the same kind and team as their parent.

Just press E on them.

Can i still find them if they come from NPCs? 

Edit n1: Is there also a way to check ongoing pregnancies for you and NPCs? I know it is marked as "SxB Pregnant" on your character but for NPCs though?

Edited by NightWolf
4 hours ago, NightWolf said:

Can i still find them if they come from NPCs? 

Edit n1: Is there also a way to check ongoing pregnancies for you and NPCs? I know it is marked as "SxB Pregnant" on your character but for NPCs though?

"Find them"? As in, hire them? Only if they give you quests and become recruitable.

Either their status (The floating text above their head, under their name) will say "Pregnant", which will appear if you hold left-alt, or you use the pregnancy test item and right click on a NPC, i believe.

4 hours ago, red3dred said:

"Find them"? As in, hire them? Only if they give you quests and become recruitable.

Either their status (The floating text above their head, under their name) will say "Pregnant", which will appear if you hold left-alt, or you use the pregnancy test item and right click on a NPC, i believe.

Sadly the pregnancy test item is a one handed item.

1 hour ago, ptmc2112 said:

Sadly the pregnancy test item is a one handed item.

Ah, then i'm out of the loop, i'm sure that function worked at one point. Oh well. Then currently the only sure-fire way is to just transform them into a sexnode and see if they have a belly (If that option is enabled in the settings/configs)

Is it possible to configure the futa plugin in such a way that it's applied to NPCs by random chance or something like that? I'd like to set it so that only a smaller subset of female NPCs have it applied, but I'd rather not have it be dependent on specific NPC type(s) like the default "all bandits, cultists, etc. are futa". I've tried looking through the posts here and all I've been able to find is one mention of it potentially being possible, but no specifics on how – that being said, I don't really know how to search the thread other than just doing a ctrl+f for "futa" on every page, so maybe I'm being stupid and missed something, idk.

21 minutes ago, Minty-Biscuits said:

Is it possible to configure the futa plugin in such a way that it's applied to NPCs by random chance or something like that? I'd like to set it so that only a smaller subset of female NPCs have it applied, but I'd rather not have it be dependent on specific NPC type(s) like the default "all bandits, cultists, etc. are futa". I've tried looking through the posts here and all I've been able to find is one mention of it potentially being possible, but no specifics on how – that being said, I don't really know how to search the thread other than just doing a ctrl+f for "futa" on every page, so maybe I'm being stupid and missed something, idk.

It's already a feature that should have been working. I have code in my end that allows it to work, and if the futanari module is disabled to begin with, then it's not gonna do anything. If you wish i can share it, but the code for it is somewhat already available within the API, just not working.

8 hours ago, red3dred said:

It's already a feature that should have been working. I have code in my end that allows it to work, and if the futanari module is disabled to begin with, then it's not gonna do anything. If you wish i can share it, but the code for it is somewhat already available within the API, just not working.

That would be really cool, if it's no trouble. I do actually have the module enabled, but I haven't gotten around to playing since I enabled it since I was still trying to figure out if I could set it up in that particular way.

On an unrelated note, I noticed someone above mentioned an incompatibility with Project Redemption breaking Aphrodite's Bow – I've actually played with both mods before and not had issues, but I checked the PR mod's page and noticed it had been updated recently, so it seems possible that it's something in that update that caused the problem that wasn't in the previous version. Figured I'd mention in case it helps. (I'm aware there was also an update to Aphrodite's Bow recently, but I can't imagine it was anything big enough to cause incompatibilities.)

10 hours ago, Minty-Biscuits said:

That would be really cool, if it's no trouble. I do actually have the module enabled, but I haven't gotten around to playing since I enabled it since I was still trying to figure out if I could set it up in that particular way.

On an unrelated note, I noticed someone above mentioned an incompatibility with Project Redemption breaking Aphrodite's Bow – I've actually played with both mods before and not had issues, but I checked the PR mod's page and noticed it had been updated recently, so it seems possible that it's something in that update that caused the problem that wasn't in the previous version. Figured I'd mention in case it helps. (I'm aware there was also an update to Aphrodite's Bow recently, but I can't imagine it was anything big enough to cause incompatibilities.)

Here's the code with comments, the script is inside Sexbound's folders:
> scripts/sexbound/override/npc/subgender.lua

Spoiler

There is already a script there by default but it checks a value in a manner that doesn't seem to work, and just stops before making a change.

And i believe the incompatibility, from what i can tell, seems to be that Project Redemption replaces the code for NPC's, which prevent Sexbound if not more mods from working on them. I don't know why they would do that, or if they recently undid this change, but hopefully they did! Users in Discord however mentioned it still exists and now affects merchants too.

2 hours ago, XTC2 said:

So if the players gives birth will the offspring have a random class or something? I got that had family member as its class and was wondering what it does if anything.

Not really, they are only combat followers, similar to "red shirts" or how the game titles them, "Security officer". By default, at least, they'll always give birth to that NPC type. Sadly, there isn't a good way to change this, because if the NPC spawns with the right job, they'll instantly put on a uniform, and giving birth to kids in uniform is quite the futuristic advancement. I believe the current reason they instantly are recruitable is mostly just so you don't "leave them behind" somewhere else, and they get the option to join you and follow you right away.

Edited by red3dred

I have Been playing with this mod for the first time recently and am wondering, does the stats tracker in the sexbound minibar work?  and does the sex bucks customization page suppose to be blank?  not sure if its because all the sexnodes so far have been through defeat or if the feature is not working.

I don't know what is happening, but something is breaking the interactions for me when trying to do the lewd scenes. My character disappears and second bar on the top right has locks all over the different body part icons. I have no idea why this is happening. 

Edit: After doing some looking around, found people suffering from the same issue and it's a bugged pregnancy thing which really annoys me because this is the second time it has happened for me.

Edited by BeepBorpDug56
Additional information found.

The lactate plugin is causing an error that's preventing any of the other plugins from working.

[04:54:42.811] [Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/plugins/lactate/lactate.lua..."]:45: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value (field '_burstTimer1')

nevermind, saw the fix for it on the previous page.

Edited by ReliablyAwful
7 hours ago, BeepBorpDug56 said:

I don't know what is happening, but something is breaking the interactions for me when trying to do the lewd scenes. My character disappears and second bar on the top right has locks all over the different body part icons. I have no idea why this is happening. 

Edit: After doing some looking around, found people suffering from the same issue and it's a bugged pregnancy thing which really annoys me because this is the second time it has happened for me.

What version of sexbound do you have? Latest version is 5.6.1

47 minutes ago, BeepBorpDug56 said:

Yup, was using the latest one and I managed to get rid of the bugged pregnancy by using version 4.5 and then switching back to 5.6.1 afterwards.

Does your starbound.log file have any errors involving duplicates? Starbound uses a "no error" environment, if something errors during loading, it won't exist in the game, and if it errors during gameplay it stops working or at worst,  crashes the game. Unlike say, skyrim,  starbound logs every error.