1 hour ago, Schpadoinkle said:

I think this is the right one: https://pastebin.com/V2ZTJjVm

Ah, you tried to enable the lactate module didn't you? Well;

Known issue with current version, try to do as @Zoonz showed in the following post:

On 5/4/2021 at 8:49 PM, Zoonz said:

This is caused by what it's likely a syntax error at scripts\sexbound\plugins\lactate\lactate.lua at lines 18, 25, 27 and 28:

function Sexbound.Actor.Lactate:new(parent, config)
    local _self = setmetatable({
        _logPrefix = "LACT",
        _config = config,
        _burstTimer1 = 0,
        _burstTimer2 = 0
    }, Sexbound.Actor.Lactate_mt)

_self:init(parent, _self._logPrefix)

_self._nextBurstTime1 = _self:generateNextBurstTime()
    _self._nextBurstTime2 = _self:generateNextBurstTime()

return self
end

If you replace it like this the plugin seems to work again.

function Sexbound.Actor.Lactate:new(parent, config)
    local self = setmetatable({
        _logPrefix = "LACT",
        _config = config,
        _burstTimer1 = 0,
        _burstTimer2 = 0
    }, Sexbound.Actor.Lactate_mt)

self:init(parent, self._logPrefix)

self._nextBurstTime1 = self:generateNextBurstTime()
    self._nextBurstTime2 = self:generateNextBurstTime()

return self
end

I don't know if this was an intended change or a syntax error but it doesn't seem to break anything elsewhere, so this is a quick fix if you want that lactation action. :)

Essentially, Lactation script is busted in the release, enabling it breaks the API it seems. The above fix worked for me, so i gotta thank Zoonz aswell.

hi, i was messing with sexbound files and i found sxb_plugin.lactate.config, so i went to sexbound.config and found the line that load the plugin, it was disabled so i enabled it, but then when i launch the game my character is disabled from cumming wich is bad for me (probably good for femdom stuff i guess), is it because it's not implemented yet or do i have to install something? (sorry if i don't answer quickly i don't check this website oftenly)

CaptureNGqfdbbfqdf.PNG

So, after taking a long break from starbound, i decided to install the latest version of sexbound. I have a problem with the climax build up, as in, it pretty much doesn't fill up the climax bar no matter what i try. I have checked the config files of both the main config file and the climax config file specifically. Both are set on ''true'', and there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with them. And yet, something blocks the climax bar from filling up like it should. Any idea what may cause this?

7 hours ago, BCKpxl said:

hi, i was messing with sexbound files and i found sxb_plugin.lactate.config, so i went to sexbound.config and found the line that load the plugin, it was disabled so i enabled it, but then when i launch the game my character is disabled from cumming wich is bad for me (probably good for femdom stuff i guess), is it because it's not implemented yet or do i have to install something? (sorry if i don't answer quickly i don't check this website oftenly)

CaptureNGqfdbbfqdf.PNG

Literally two posts above yours, same problem and solution/fix is there.

Consider a quick look when asking for troubleshooting help. Saves your time and ours too.

5 hours ago, Fiend_Herd said:

So, after taking a long break from starbound, i decided to install the latest version of sexbound. I have a problem with the climax build up, as in, it pretty much doesn't fill up the climax bar no matter what i try. I have checked the config files of both the main config file and the climax config file specifically. Both are set on ''true'', and there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with them. And yet, something blocks the climax bar from filling up like it should. Any idea what may cause this?

Could it be the same as above? Also, without a log, we can't know your issue either. So please try to make sure you provide a log with a bug report, mainly when it begins by informing us you've changed some files. Could be anything you've done, humans make mistakes after all, or could be a existing issue caught onto you.

On 6/3/2021 at 12:27 AM, red3dred said:

... Huh. You had bk3k inventory so i couldn't actually play the character, but thankfully, testing this only required me to be able to load into the game with your character, not play it.

Try replacing this file inside your Sexbound, the full file path is "<mods\Sexbound\scripts\sexbound\override\common\pregnant.lua>". Please report if this solves your issue. (File should be attached, LoversLab pls)

pregnant.lua 7.57 kB · 16 downloads

Nvm, this fixed the issue

On 6/14/2021 at 4:42 AM, red3dred said:

Consider a quick look when asking for troubleshooting help. Saves your time and ours too.

Could it be the same as above? Also, without a log, we can't know your issue either. So please try to make sure you provide a log with a bug report, mainly when it begins by informing us you've changed some files. Could be anything you've done, humans make mistakes after all, or could be a existing issue caught onto you.

sorry about that i feel dumb now

On 6/14/2021 at 4:42 AM, red3dred said:

It is the same as above in the end lol. Though i do wonder what causes the lactate function to disable orgasms

Technically already posted this somewhere else, but I just realized discussion there had been moved here, so:

Hey, I'm trying to set up a patch for my own use, to make the Saturnian Ebony beds compatible with the SxB nodes. I've tried following red3dred's guide, I've tried literally copying the .patch file Sexbound uses for the wooden beds and replacing file paths w/ the paths for the Ebony beds... nothing is working, I still can't place the actor addons onto the beds at all. I'll attach my current (failed) attempt at the patch file here. Currently, it's a clone of the Wooden bed patch from Sexbound - can somebody tell me what I've done wrong, here?

saturnianEbonybed.object.patch

2 hours ago, Fiend_Herd said:

It is the same as above in the end lol. Though i do wonder what causes the lactate function to disable orgasms

Simply put, Starbound operates on a "no error" environment. Basically, if anything errors during loading, it won't be in the game when it's loaded. If something errors during play-time, you won't be able to continue whatever it is. In this case, the lactate function apparently had some variables wrongly named, so when it tries to do math with said variables, it does math with "nothing" (Nil) and thus errors.

1 hour ago, Draknowin said:

Technically already posted this somewhere else, but I just realized discussion there had been moved here, so:

Hey, I'm trying to set up a patch for my own use, to make the Saturnian Ebony beds compatible with the SxB nodes. I've tried following red3dred's guide, I've tried literally copying the .patch file Sexbound uses for the wooden beds and replacing file paths w/ the paths for the Ebony beds... nothing is working, I still can't place the actor addons onto the beds at all. I'll attach my current (failed) attempt at the patch file here. Currently, it's a clone of the Wooden bed patch from Sexbound - can somebody tell me what I've done wrong, here?

saturnianEbonybed.object.patch 6.35 kB · 1 download

Either-or thread is fine, usually people go to this thread for troubleshooting, and go to the other one for mod-making information.

To better know why it's failing, you may want to take a look at your log and see what it says. For instance, not all beds use "spaceScan", and some will have pre-set "materialSpaces".

Also this is a very long path...
image.png.0f478cc5393897784e80524906a07423.png

This may trouble you. Not only is it missing a "C" for "conversions" but also is very long. Windows, which i assume is what most people run, has a file path size limit. If it works, it works, but i've had problems unpacking mods even, due to how long their folder names go sometimes.

Everything else is about the same it seems.

Is there currently any way to add human female moans to races that aren't supported by default? I've tried a few things, but I am far below novice level at anything code related, so I've found no results.

Edit: I figured it out.

Edited by luciodark
11 hours ago, luciodark said:

Is there currently any way to add human female moans to races that aren't supported by default? I've tried a few things, but I am far below novice level at anything code related, so I've found no results.

Alright, so, yeah, you would only need to add the moans to the "default" entry in the moan plugin config. In fact, it's supposed to be a thing by default?

At least looking at my config, from version 5.5, it seems to be there. Though from what i remember, Locuturus rewrote the moan plugin at one point, where it'll prioritize the "species patch", and will refuse for the most part to load the config, i don't know if this has been fixed yet.

Edited by red3dred
1 hour ago, red3dred said:

Alright, so, yeah, you would only need to add the moans to the "default" entry in the moan plugin config. In fact, it's supposed to be a thing by default?

At least looking at my config, from version 5.5, it seems to be there. Though from what i remember, Locuturus rewrote the moan plugin at one point, where it'll prioritize the "species patch", and will refuse for the most part to load the config, i don't know if this has been fixed yet.

From what I've noticed so far, races without SFX included in their addons do not have any audible moans on current versions. I was able to copy the file from the Everis addon and apply it to other race's resources to cause them to moan.

On 6/16/2021 at 11:05 PM, red3dred said:

Simply put, Starbound operates on a "no error" environment. Basically, if anything errors during loading, it won't be in the game when it's loaded. If something errors during play-time, you won't be able to continue whatever it is. In this case, the lactate function apparently had some variables wrongly named, so when it tries to do math with said variables, it does math with "nothing" (Nil) and thus errors.

Either-or thread is fine, usually people go to this thread for troubleshooting, and go to the other one for mod-making information.

To better know why it's failing, you may want to take a look at your log and see what it says. For instance, not all beds use "spaceScan", and some will have pre-set "materialSpaces".

Also this is a very long path...
image.png.0f478cc5393897784e80524906a07423.png

This may trouble you. Not only is it missing a "C" for "conversions" but also is very long. Windows, which i assume is what most people run, has a file path size limit. If it works, it works, but i've had problems unpacking mods even, due to how long their folder names go sometimes.

Everything else is about the same it seems.

I assume it'll be fixed in the near future then?

9 hours ago, Fiend_Herd said:

I assume it'll be fixed in the near future then?

?‍♂️
Have you seen Locuturus? They are a elusive creature, a neigh impossible find.

7 hours ago, ptmc2112 said:

I accidently stumbled accross this in the sexbound.config file near the bottom:

Hide contents

logging.png.0c69d336d864eeaa23897860214a7cad.png

(those are the default values btw) pretty neat that you could add more info by changing the false to true.

Yeah it's a honestly very handy piece of code, but it does not log anything beyond the basics. More often than not enabling all of then just ends up with log spam and spaghetti that you can read, but you don't necessarily make sense of. After all, if everything is working properly, very rarely will the log contain something helpful, even with this on. In the instance of errors, it shows up regardless.

47 minutes ago, Wolfehound said:

I'm playing with Frackin Universe and the races default to blank characters (and some other bugs). Is there support for Frackin Universe Races? 

If you didn't grasp it yet, no. There is no support for FU. There will never be unless it's made by the FU team.

6 minutes ago, Wolfehound said:

It feels like I'm missing some background, but that's unfortunate. Is there any way to disable FU races? I'm not seeing anything on Steam Workshop or google searches

You are indeed missing a lot of background, but worry not, it's best not to worry your head with other's dramas.

And well... by default, the FU races shouldn't be supported. They don't seem to have a patch to enable them to be added to the list of Sexbound enabled species, but FU does include Sexbound support files for those races, purposefully blank, so they won't work. They don't want support to be a thing.

So, recently i learned how to change my character's hair color in the player files to levels that cannot be done in the in-game character creator. It's cool and all, but when i go with that player in a sexbound animation, the hair color inside the animation jumps back to the normal color, and goes back to my edited color again utside the animation. Would there be a way to apply my custom hair colors inside the sexbound animations as well? And yes, i have tried to do it the same way to the sexbound color code sprites for hair as i did with custom hair color in-game, but the color code seems to reset to it's default color code when i select the profile i tried to apply it to

Edited by Fiend_Herd
11 minutes ago, Fiend_Herd said:

So, recently i learned how to change my character's hair color in the player files to levels that cannot be done in the in-game character creator. It's cool and all, but when i go with that player in a sexbound animation, the hair color inside the animation jumps back to the normal color, and goes back to my edited color again utside the animation. Would there be a way to apply my custom hair colors inside the sexbound animations as well? And yes, i have tried to do it the same way to the sexbound color code sprites for hair as i did with custom hair color in-game, but the color code seems to reset to it's default color code when i select the profile i tried to apply it to

Custom coded hairs, injected into player character files cause all sorts of havoc in the Sexbound "Identity" code. The mod searches for code inside the character directives and tries to ignore the rest, since it obtains that code as a single, massive long string. I have no clue how to approach this in a way that would both work with Sexbound, and not cause it to implode. You're lucky you didn't get the results other people had, where the game would crawl to a halt if you used a Sexbound object.

1 minute ago, red3dred said:

Custom coded hairs, injected into player character files cause all sorts of havoc in the Sexbound "Identity" code. The mod searches for code inside the character directives and tries to ignore the rest, since it obtains that code as a single, massive long string. I have no clue how to approach this in a way that would both work with Sexbound, and not cause it to implode. You're lucky you didn't get the results other people had, where the game would crawl to a halt if you used a Sexbound object.

I figured, but i had help from a very skilled coder who does coding both as job and hobby, who managed to figure this out the nion-harmful and vanilla way by digging through the files and figuring out that all i needed to do is found the color code in the ''identity'' section, by ''hairDirectives'', that a color code is tied to a pixel color used in a specific spot of the hair. In my case, i have this result with my avali Dieter. It is multiplayer-friendly and all other people need is the same mods and they see my custom changes in-game without any problems whatsoever or crashes (screenshot attached to my result, managed to color the plumage separately from the main body/trim color)

The reason i came with the question is because i added nor removed nothing in the player file, only replaced 3 color codes to get this result. I'm not a coding genius, obviously, i just thought that if it is this simple and harmless in vanilla to do so maybe i could achieve the same in sexbound animations. But if it's not that simple i would honestly understand, because to achieve this color combination in-game was already a pain at first and required file editing to achieve something that is not possible by normal means in-game

TL;DR: i wouldn't be surprised if it's not that simple since this already required file editing to be made possible what would not be possible by normal means in-game lmao

Dieter in game.PNG