47 minutes ago, semvaker said:

got the same problem here, anyone know a way to fix this?

Sir. That's 279 mods. Even if i wanted to troubleshoot it, i'd need a day-long sat down reading and checking mods. That's the kind of work that i'd rather not do for a single troubleshooting for an issue that could be composite of several mods on top of each other. Plus duplicates. Plus strange installs. Plus eldritch Windows mechanics. Plus...

If you'd like to see the issue looked at, i heard similar reports from a user on Discord, about tenants and NPC's in general, and it was caused by another mod, that wasn't frackin' this time, however, the crew part, is indeed part of Frackin' Universe. FU Crew seemingly is entirely immune to Sexbound.

2 hours ago, Shynasha said:

Climax bar don't move at all, stuck at 0. I did touch the file of the game, put I putted back what I changed in climax config file, but the bug still here.

So, to better report issues, try providing a description of the issue and recreating the issue in-game, then providing a log file.

To find the log file, it should be within your Starbound installation directory, then the storage folder. You should see a text file named starbound.log (Or simply starbound, a plain text file). Paste it into your response as a attached file, or use PasteBin, whichever you prefer. Then users can look into your issues with the necessary information at hand.

<Just please don't post the whole thing as text here>

32 minutes ago, Shynasha said:

Okay thanks, uuuh, there it is.

starbound.log 89.56 kB · 0 downloads

Known issue with current version, try to do as @Zoonz showed in the following post:

On 5/4/2021 at 8:49 PM, Zoonz said:

This is caused by what it's likely a syntax error at scripts\sexbound\plugins\lactate\lactate.lua at lines 18, 25, 27 and 28:

function Sexbound.Actor.Lactate:new(parent, config)
    local _self = setmetatable({
        _logPrefix = "LACT",
        _config = config,
        _burstTimer1 = 0,
        _burstTimer2 = 0
    }, Sexbound.Actor.Lactate_mt)

_self:init(parent, _self._logPrefix)

_self._nextBurstTime1 = _self:generateNextBurstTime()
    _self._nextBurstTime2 = _self:generateNextBurstTime()

return self
end

If you replace it like this the plugin seems to work again.

function Sexbound.Actor.Lactate:new(parent, config)
    local self = setmetatable({
        _logPrefix = "LACT",
        _config = config,
        _burstTimer1 = 0,
        _burstTimer2 = 0
    }, Sexbound.Actor.Lactate_mt)

self:init(parent, self._logPrefix)

self._nextBurstTime1 = self:generateNextBurstTime()
    self._nextBurstTime2 = self:generateNextBurstTime()

return self
end

I don't know if this was an intended change or a syntax error but it doesn't seem to break anything elsewhere, so this is a quick fix if you want that lactation action. :)

Essentially, Lactation script is busted in the release, enabling it breaks the API it seems. The above fix worked for me, so i gotta thank Zoonz aswell.

2 minutes ago, Shynasha said:

Thanks for that, just found another bug, lemme post that one too. So basically, some ennemy I kill become sexnod, but, they just become invisible, and there is no possibility to interact with them.

starbound.log 694.89 kB · 0 downloads

Update to Sexbound v5.6 and Defeat 2.5 and try again. Also, gotta do the above fix again, if you do that. Sorry about that =V

Edited by red3dred
3 hours ago, Shynasha said:

Thanks for that, just found another bug, lemme post that one too. So basically, some ennemy I kill become sexnod, but, they just become invisible, and there is no possibility to interact with them.

sexbound bug 2.PNG

starbound.log 694.89 kB · 0 downloads

Same problem, latest version of both sexbound(disabled the lactate) and sexbound defeat, also invisible enemy has pushback effect as if not a sexnode.

So far only seems to happen to nonmonster enemies that are defeated, and not all the time.

starbound.log

Edited by ptmc2112

Ah, I see... So uh, is all one has to do to add support to a race is add the corresponding folder to the pov\actor#\ folder? Cus that's about all I see for both the standard POV addon and the other one someone made with the Novakids and Shadows.

1 hour ago, Ebesint said:

Ah, I see... So uh, is all one has to do to add support to a race is add the corresponding folder to the pov\actor#\ folder? Cus that's about all I see for both the standard POV addon and the other one someone made with the Novakids and Shadows.

Well yes, but it only supports two positions.

Also doesn't support futa/CB.
Also doesn't support pregnancy.
Also doesn't support non-humanoids...

Well, you get the point. Anything past the 2 positions would have to be manually made.

Right, so I'd have to probably go learn lua (and by extension Sexbound's specific code architecture) to add anything beyond the two supported positions. So final 2 questions, what exactly are the two supported positions, and despite being a floran girl, going with a floran guy, or a novakid with using that other mod, still didn't seem to work. Also does Futa include strapons or nay?

2 hours ago, Ebesint said:

Right, so I'd have to probably go learn lua (and by extension Sexbound's specific code architecture) to add anything beyond the two supported positions. So final 2 questions, what exactly are the two supported positions, and despite being a floran girl, going with a floran guy, or a novakid with using that other mod, still didn't seem to work. Also does Futa include strapons or nay?

Doggy and Standing are the two supported positions, and no, the strap-on is just a piece of clothing/apparel. Doesn't affect PoV animations, though it kinda should.

I'm not sure what I'm missing then, unless the sandbox area blocks the POV thing somehow. I even made a floran guy and did stuff but still nothing. Is the POV addon next to the sexbound files really all I need and I just walk up and sex a floran/human as a human/floran and it pops up? Also would it matter at all if its in bed or not?

Edited by Ebesint

Oh hang on... Looking in the starbound.log, theres this error, "Could not load image asset '/artwork/pov/actor1/floran/male/body.png', using placeholder default.
(AssetException) No such asset '/artwork/pov/actor1/floran/male/body.png'" And when I look at the file structure, it actually goes '/artwork/pov/actor1/floran/body_male.png, using presumably the same file as an example. I'm gonna move things around to fit as the error says and see if that makes a difference.

Edit: Ok no dice. Still nothing popped up

P.P.S. Checking through the log now brought up the same kind of thing for the Actor 2 folder, attempting to fix that too to see if it makes it all work now

Final revision: That was exactly the problem. It seems the file structure of the POV images is actually incorrect for how the code itself functions. It seems the code goes a layer deeper than normal to specify gender and subsequently does away with the extra gender tag on the end of the images themselves. And also, for things like the "body_penetrated_male" or such, its actually like "body_penetration2" that the code is searching for. So I can't say for sure what the exact file structure should be at the end, but I've at least made it, and can potentially make it elsewhere, where it works fine.

Edited by Ebesint
Experiment Successful

Is there any way to "disable" pov, since it doesn't work anyways? I already fixed the lactation thing, but the mod persists in "No such asset '/artwork/pov/actor1/floran/male/body.png'"" etc etc.. Can I just change something to make it "stop looking for a freaking nonexistent asset"? o_O

3 hours ago, Ebesint said:

I'm not sure what I'm missing then, unless the sandbox area blocks the POV thing somehow. I even made a floran guy and did stuff but still nothing. Is the POV addon next to the sexbound files really all I need and I just walk up and sex a floran/human as a human/floran and it pops up? Also would it matter at all if its in bed or not?

2 hours ago, Ebesint said:

Oh hang on... Looking in the starbound.log, theres this error, "Could not load image asset '/artwork/pov/actor1/floran/male/body.png', using placeholder default.
(AssetException) No such asset '/artwork/pov/actor1/floran/male/body.png'" And when I look at the file structure, it actually goes '/artwork/pov/actor1/floran/body_male.png, using presumably the same file as an example. I'm gonna move things around to fit as the error says and see if that makes a difference.

Edit: Ok no dice. Still nothing popped up

P.P.S. Checking through the log now brought up the same kind of thing for the Actor 2 folder, attempting to fix that too to see if it makes it all work now

Final revision: That was exactly the problem. It seems the file structure of the POV images is actually incorrect for how the code itself functions. It seems the code goes a layer deeper than normal to specify gender and subsequently does away with the extra gender tag on the end of the images themselves. And also, for things like the "body_penetrated_male" or such, its actually like "body_penetration2" that the code is searching for. So I can't say for sure what the exact file structure should be at the end, but I've at least made it, and can potentially make it elsewhere, where it works fine.

Yeah had a chat with Loc about that, it seems there was a undocumented change to the PoV code, that not only bricked my expansion upon it but is incompatible with the existing PoV code. I attempted to reimplement the old PoV code but it still refused to show at all. We'll have to wait and see.

59 minutes ago, carshow said:

Is there any way to "disable" pov, since it doesn't work anyways? I already fixed the lactation thing, but the mod persists in "No such asset '/artwork/pov/actor1/floran/male/body.png'"" etc etc.. Can I just change something to make it "stop looking for a freaking nonexistent asset"? o_O

That is a good question, it shouldn't even throw an error in the first place, since it tries to check if the file exists before running code. However it seems to still throw it out. It is not possible to disable that AFAIK, it just disables itself when it errors like that, but repeats the error every time it seems.

2 hours ago, carshow said:

I mean if you're wanting to use it and/or have the addon with the assets in it, it isn't too hard to change. Just gotta adjust the folder structure to fit according to what the Error requires. Otherwise if you just don't want it period, yeah what red said. It's not like the plugins with the configs in the main mod, its a thing that just runs on its own buried within the code of sexbound. And it pretty much is just disabled so long as its not picking up the assets.

3 hours ago, carshow said:

You just simply delete the mod out of your mods folder. Or upgrade it.

1 hour ago, Ebesint said:

I mean if you're wanting to use it and/or have the addon with the assets in it, it isn't too hard to change. Just gotta adjust the folder structure to fit according to what the Error requires. Otherwise if you just don't want it period, yeah what red said. It's not like the plugins with the configs in the main mod, its a thing that just runs on its own buried within the code of sexbound. And it pretty much is just disabled so long as its not picking up the assets.

It is pretty much disabled as long as it doesn't start finding some PoV image assets.

The latest PoV artwork was added to the downloads. Please update. Sorry for any inconvenience, but it's important to keep everything super organized in game development. i.e. I want to set the template for other's to follow that is going to be most maintainable and extensible.