So I am using version 5.5.1 of sexbound, together with mods that I downloaded to function with this version. (I downloaded it all when 5.5.1 was the newest version). When I play everything works fine, but when I play the older characters the can't have sex in any form. The don't even appear to become sexnodes. I am quite out of touch with this mod and such, it's just been a while. Any immediate thoughts? If possible I'd like to just stick with what I have and not redownloading any mods. I'm just lazy. It culd have something to do with all the older characters being pregnant. Does this mod have autoupdates, that maybe alluring toys is now forming a problem? Sorry for the awkwad phrasing and barrage of questions btw.

1 hour ago, Cerce said:

How do I download? The button has only one option labelled SxB latest that redirects to tiny.cc  .

Sorry if I just missed something.

1 hour ago, BloodNovaGamer said:

i tried to downloads the newest version but every time it tries to redirect me to tiny.cc it doesn't work i never had this problem before

That link should redirect you to the Mega link with all the downloads. If it doesn't, please reply and tell us what happened.

1 hour ago, Kwiewy said:

So I am using version 5.5.1 of sexbound, together with mods that I downloaded to function with this version. (I downloaded it all when 5.5.1 was the newest version).

When I play everything works fine, but when I play the older characters the can't have sex in any form. The don't even appear to become sexnodes.

I am quite out of touch with this mod and such, it's just been a while. Any immediate thoughts? If possible I'd like to just stick with what I have and not redownloading any mods. I'm just lazy.

It culd have something to do with all the older characters being pregnant. Does this mod have autoupdates, that maybe alluring toys is now forming a problem? Sorry for the awkwad phrasing and barrage of questions btw.

So, first things first, without a log we can't know what the issue is; Old mods, something broke, etc.

Spoiler

So, to better report issues, try providing a description of the issue and recreating the issue in-game, then providing a log file.

To find the log file, it should be within your Starbound installation directory, then the storage folder. You should see a text file named starbound.log (Or simply starbound, a plain text file). Paste it into your response as a attached file, or use PasteBin, whichever you prefer. Then users can look into your issues with the necessary information at hand.

<Just please don't post the whole thing as text here>

Though your other questions are fair: There is no auto-updating in Starbound unless you consider Workshop mods. It could also have to do with the characters being old, but to what extent, i don't know yet.

And no problem, just try to press that enter key more often. Single, constant strings of words can get hard to keep track of for readers, while separated, either by topic or just phrases, helps with reading.

Okay so I cheked the log myself. From what I can understand it seems okay apart from he recurring info: 

[03:34:08.557] [Info] Client received world stop packet, leaving: Removed
[03:34:08.600] [Info] UniverseServer: Stopping idle world CelestialWorld:-96623819:-850276140:3183299:4
[03:34:08.726] [Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/common/pregnant.lu..."]:100: bad argument #2 to 'insert' (position out of bounds)
[03:34:11.406] [Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/player.lua"]:31: attempt to index a nil value (field 'sb_player')
[03:34:11.559] [Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/player.lua"]:31: attempt to index a nil value (field 'sb_player')
[03:34:11.726] [Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/player.lua"]:31: attempt to index a nil value (field 'sb_player')
[03:34:11.893] [Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/player.lua"]:31: attempt to index a nil value (field 'sb_player')
[03:34:12.059] [Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/player.lua"]:31: attempt to index a nil value (field 'sb_player')
[03:34:19.107] [Info] Chat: You are now dead
[03:34:20.687] [Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/common/pregnant.lu..."]:100: bad argument #2 to 'insert' (position out of bounds)
[03:34:20.796] [Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/player.lua"]:31: attempt to index a nil value (field 'sb_player')
[03:34:20.956] [Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/player.lua"]:31: attempt to index a nil value (field 'sb_player')
[03:34:21.060] [Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/player.lua"]:31: attempt to index a nil value (field 'sb_player')
[03:34:21.214] [Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/player.lua"]:31: attempt to index a nil value (field 'sb_player')
[03:34:21.376] [Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/player.lua"]:31: attempt to index a nil value (field 'sb_player')
[03:34:21.647] [Info] UniverseServer: Warping player 1 to ClientShipWorld:1f27ab82be28f8b792e0e3582c7cbeb6
[03:34:21.666] [Info] Client received world stop packet, leaving: Removed
[03:34:21.797] [Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/common/pregnant.lu..."]:100: bad argument #2 to 'insert' (position out of bounds)
[03:34:21.889] [Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/player.lua"]:31: attempt to index a nil value (field 'sb_player')
[03:34:21.922] [Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/player.lua"]:31: attempt to index a nil value (field 'sb_player')
[03:34:22.213] [Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/player.lua"]:31: attempt to index a nil value (field 'sb_player')
[03:34:22.282] [Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/player.lua"]:31: attempt to index a nil value (field 'sb_player')
[03:34:22.431] [Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/player.lua"]:31: attempt to index a nil value (field 'sb_player')
[03:34:48.314] [Info] UniverseClient: Client disconnecting...
[03:34:48.391] [Info] Client received world stop packet, leaving: Removed
[03:34:48.568] [Info] UniverseServer: Client 'Aspen' <1> (local) disconnected for reason: 

This happens whenever a world or ship is entered, so I'm guessing it's the problem. Can you do anything with it? 

In another stsartup up the only significant error(s) are this: 

[14:01:15.022] [Info] UniverseServer: Warping player 1 to ClientShipWorld:9afa91c6532eb8077442c73461d457e8=990.825.1024
[14:01:15.639] [Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/common/pregnant.lu..."]:100: bad argument #2 to 'insert' (position out of bounds)
[14:01:15.765] [Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/player.lua"]:31: attempt to index a nil value (field 'sb_player')
[14:01:16.095] [Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/player.lua"]:31: attempt to index a nil value (field 'sb_player')
[14:01:20.684] [Error] Could not load image asset '/humanoid/avian/hair/ShantaeAVF1.png', using placeholder default.
(AssetException) No such asset '/humanoid/avian/hair/ShantaeAVF1.png'
[14:01:20.685] [Error] Could not load image asset '/humanoid/avian/hair/ShantaeAVF1.png:normal', using placeholder default.
(AssetException) No associated frames file found for image '/humanoid/avian/hair/ShantaeAVF1.png' while resolving image frame '/humanoid/avian/hair/ShantaeAVF1.png:normal'
[14:01:21.230] [Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/player.lua"]:31: attempt to index a nil value (field 'sb_player')
[14:01:21.534] [Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/player.lua"]:31: attempt to index a nil value (field 'sb_player')
[14:01:21.848] [Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/player.lua"]:31: attempt to index a nil value (field 'sb_player')
[14:03:44.809] [Error] Could not load image asset '/humanoid/avian/hair/ShantaeAVF1.png', using placeholder default.
(AssetException) No such asset '/humanoid/avian/hair/ShantaeAVF1.png'

So more or less the same.

Edited by Kwiewy
More info
8 hours ago, Kwiewy said:

Okay so I cheked the log myself. From what I can understand it seems okay apart from he recurring info: 

[03:34:21.797] [Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/common/pregnant.lu..."]:100: bad argument #2 to 'insert' (position out of bounds)

This happens whenever a world or ship is entered, so I'm guessing it's the problem. Can you do anything with it? 

In another stsartup up the only significant error(s) are this: 

[14:01:15.639] [Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/common/pregnant.lu..."]:100: bad argument #2 to 'insert' (position out of bounds)

So more or less the same.

Usually refraining from sending the log means you don't get help (Let's be honest, who's going to judge you for your mods or what you do in-game, in here?), but

This is a known issue in the older versions of Sexbound. There are two fixes:
There is a simple 1-file replacement fix, available here.
Locuturus also already fixed this issue (I think? From reading the changelogs) so you can always try updating and hope nothing else breaks.

So, all that said, please people... What do you have to hide? There's no reason to not send the full log and cherry-pick only the errors. The mods you have loaded MATTER, their versions MATTER, your workshop mods MATTER, and hell, even the other pre-load errors matter! So just let this line here be a PSA, because a lot of people like to cherry-pick the errors and suppress the log.

6 hours ago, 6LewdLove6 said:

Hey i'm new to this. Are there thresomes in this mod? There is a 3 actor attachment thing but i can only have sex with one npc at a time.

Yes. You need the specific upgrade (Sexbound T2 Addon), i don't know if there is still a bed that supports threesomes by default, but that's the information i have atm. Also, horny NPC's (Aphrodite's bow right-click, Naturally Horny, etc) will join into Sexbound beds/tables automatically.

1 hour ago, red3dred said:

Usually refraining from sending the log means you don't get help (Let's be honest, who's going to judge you for your mods or what you do in-game, in here?), but

This is a known issue in the older versions of Sexbound. There are two fixes:
There is a simple 1-file replacement fix, available here.
Locuturus also already fixed this issue (I think? From reading the changelogs) so you can always try updating and hope nothing else breaks.

So, all that said, please people... What do you have to hide? There's no reason to not send the full log and cherry-pick only the errors. The mods you have loaded MATTER, their versions MATTER, your workshop mods MATTER, and hell, even the other pre-load errors matter! So just let this line here be a PSA, because a lot of people like to cherry-pick the errors and suppress the log.

Yes. You need the specific upgrade (Sexbound T2 Addon), i don't know if there is still a bed that supports threesomes by default, but that's the information i have atm. Also, horny NPC's (Aphrodite's bow right-click, Naturally Horny, etc) will join into Sexbound beds/tables automatically.

i figured it out thank you!

9 minutes ago, HighwayDio said:

Very doubtful considering Nuru is technically underage, if anyone does have it then it would have to be shared privately.

What?! i wasn't aware of that. Well that sucks the mod looked pretty good. Maybe if someone makes her into her indentically looking older (and not underage) sister Muru?

2 hours ago, 6LewdLove6 said:

What?! i wasn't aware of that. Well that sucks the mod looked pretty good. Maybe if someone makes her into her indentically looking older (and not underage) sister Muru?

Welcome to the weird world of alien ages and weird laws about pixels

4 hours ago, 6LewdLove6 said:

Yeah, shes 17 summers old, which technically means shes 17 years old. I don't think "aging her up" will work either unless I'm wrong on that.

Edited by HighwayDio
Tired lol
5 hours ago, IzYaBoiCallume said:

same, whenever I click the download link, it redirects me to http://tiny.cc/SxB-latest

Well, this is a skip, since i think this avoids giving Locuturus a couple cents, but here;

Odd that i don't even have that link up long enough to see it says Tiny.CC, it just kinda drops me into the one above instantly.

5 hours ago, 6LewdLove6 said:

Does anyone have a nippleswear mod they can share? I've never modded starbound and it doesn't seem easy to make my own.

Check this:

Also, there are already a few in the base mod, what is it that you're looking for?

4 hours ago, red3dred said:

Well, this is a skip, since i think this avoids giving Locuturus a couple cents, but here;

Reveal hidden contents

Odd that i don't even have that link up long enough to see it says Tiny.CC, it just kinda drops me into the one above instantly.

My best guess is that the person having the problem might not be able to access Tiny.cc urls, which is probably why they couldn't reach the downloads page directly. Which would fit into the third problem mentioned on the page. Firewall settings. Which is nothing we ourselves can handle. Only those experiencing problems with Tiny.cc either have to check their firewall settings on their PC or router, or figure out if Tiny.cc is a blocked website in the country they are in. (Or blocked for some reason by their ISP anyways.)

5 minutes ago, warmdog952 said:

Excuse me, I'm struggling with the mod. I can't get any animations to play; I can have the UI pop up, and the hearts appear, but other than that... nothing.

I really dunno what else to put; I'm more used to discord than talking via forum.

One thing to note, sending your most recent starbound log file itself may help in us understanding what is going on. Since it'll say what could be causing the animations to not play correctly. (I don't know how many times this has to be said with literally every mod tho. but still... The starbound log file is a vital thing to us understanding the full extent of the problem and the potential causes.)

Also as a side note to you being more used to discord, I can feel ya there. Just keep in mind tho that not everyone uses it tho. So... yeah. (Varies from person to person on who uses it and who doesn't.)

7 minutes ago, RenaTheAvali said:

One thing to note, sending your most recent starbound log file itself may help in us understanding what is going on. Since it'll say what could be causing the animations to not play correctly. (I don't know how many times this has to be said with literally every mod tho. but still... The starbound log file is a vital thing to us understanding the full extent of the problem and the potential causes.)

Also as a side note to you being more used to discord, I can feel ya there. Just keep in mind tho that not everyone uses it tho. So... yeah. (Varies from person to person on who uses it and who doesn't.)

There's a possibility I can doing things wrong, though.

Other issues include that Lustia crashes with a stack overflow error, and aphrodites bow doesn't seem to work; I have no clue if they're related, however.

starbound.log

7 hours ago, red3dred said:

Reveal hidden contents

Check this:

Also, there are already a few in the base mod, what is it that you're looking for?

Oh it seems I was confused as to what this was. Thanks!

1 hour ago, warmdog952 said:

Excuse me, I'm struggling with the mod. I can't get any animations to play; I can have the UI pop up, and the hearts appear, but other than that... nothing.

I really dunno what else to put; I'm more used to discord than talking via forum.

Usually i'd ask for the log, but you've already sent that, so i'll instead ask for some more relevant information;

The log shown has literally no errors relating to Sexbound, instead it tells (as in, there's commands being used that make me think you did the following) that you spawned a floran NPC, and interacted with a Avikan NPC. No Sexbound related errors, again, so i'll ask:

• What did you do?
  • What happened?
  • What did you expect to happen?

And supply as many details as you can:

• Was the NPC that was spawned a Crew-member?
  • Can your character do sex-interactions?
  • Did you only try the Sexbound testing sandbox?

Not trying to be a nuisance, just trying to gather information to help fix your issue, as there's nothing in the logs for me, other than mentions of a folder called "Sexbound" being loaded from the mods folder, while you already have Sexbound installed. If you had two versions of Sexbound installed, that would cause a crash, so clearly something else is at work, since that folder is loaded and no obvious errors are cropping up.

2 hours ago, red3dred said:

Usually i'd ask for the log, but you've already sent that, so i'll instead ask for some more relevant information;

The log shown has literally no errors relating to Sexbound, instead it tells (as in, there's commands being used that make me think you did the following) that you spawned a floran NPC, and interacted with a Avikan NPC. No Sexbound related errors, again, so i'll ask:

• What did you do?
  • What happened?
  • What did you expect to happen?

And supply as many details as you can:

• Was the NPC that was spawned a Crew-member?
  • Can your character do sex-interactions?
  • Did you only try the Sexbound testing sandbox?

Not trying to be a nuisance, just trying to gather information to help fix your issue, as there's nothing in the logs for me, other than mentions of a folder called "Sexbound" being loaded from the mods folder, while you already have Sexbound installed. If you had two versions of Sexbound installed, that would cause a crash, so clearly something else is at work, since that folder is loaded and no obvious errors are cropping up.

I spawned some Floran in the Sandbox. I honestly was trying to get the mod working, didn't bother with going anywhere else as it was a new character and there were no other people.

I simply waited for the "natural horny state" (What I'm assuming is hearts appearing), and did the sex action. I laid down, and was able to choose position, but all the NPC did was just stand around; doing nothing. The sex counter did count up still, however.

I expected... well. Lewds.

----------------------------------------

The NPC spawned was a Floran villager; although I did try with some bandits.

My character can't do sex interactions.

I didn't just try it; I used lustbounds Lustia as well; the same results, hoowever.

4 hours ago, warmdog952 said:

I spawned some Floran in the Sandbox. I honestly was trying to get the mod working, didn't bother with going anywhere else as it was a new character and there were no other people.

I simply waited for the "natural horny state" (What I'm assuming is hearts appearing), and did the sex action. I laid down, and was able to choose position, but all the NPC did was just stand around; doing nothing. The sex counter did count up still, however.

I expected... well. Lewds.

----------------------------------------

The NPC spawned was a Floran villager; although I did try with some bandits.

My character can't do sex interactions.

I didn't just try it; I used lustbounds Lustia as well; the same results, hoowever.

Oh. Okay, i think you got it wrong.

• Naturally Horny Is a optional mod, that does not say it is installed in your log. Without it, NPC's don't have a "Naturally Horny" state. They never will.
  • "Hearts Coming Out" is not from Sexbound. It's likely just an NPC interaction. They can use the heart particle and a smiling emote.
  • You say you managed to enter the object and mess with the UI, and by your choice of words, "Laid down", i assume you entered a Sexbound bed, and waited for it to work. Again, without intervention from another mod, cannot work. The sex counter going up is likely a flawed check internally on Sexbound itself, @Locuturus wink wink nudge nudge (As in, it's counting a "Sex act" as just entering a sex node, whether or not they are joined by a NPC, monster or player. Might want to change this to prevent future confusion and have more accurate stats)

• The NPC type is fine, it should work, but you still need a intervention.
  • Your previous statement seem to state that yes, you can enter a Sexbound bed and see yourself/your character in there. And the interface. That's 90% of the way there, you just didn't get a partner for it.
  • Again, sadly, i'm pretty sure Lustbound's hookers don't have a automatically horny state. I think that's a slight oversight on that end but most people don't expect it.

So uh... my Solution? Get the Aphrodite's bow, the infused one, and shoot a NPC with either left click (Turns them into a interactable object) or right (Makes them horny so they'll join you)

Edited by red3dred
Forgot a "not"
21 minutes ago, red3dred said:

Oh. Okay, i think you got it wrong.

• Naturally Horny Is a optional mod, that does not say it is installed in your log. Without it, NPC's don't have a "Naturally Horny" state. They never will.
  • "Hearts Coming Out" is not from Sexbound. It's likely just an NPC interaction. They can use the heart particle and a smiling emote.
  • You say you managed to enter the object and mess with the UI, and by your choice of words, "Laid down", i assume you entered a Sexbound bed, and waited for it to work. Again, without intervention from another mod, cannot work. The sex counter going up is likely a flawed check internally on Sexbound itself, @Locuturus wink wink nudge nudge (As in, it's counting a "Sex act" as just entering a sex node, whether or they are joined by a NPC, monster or player. Might want to change this to prevent future confusion and have more accurate stats)

• The NPC type is fine, it should work, but you still need a intervention.
  • Your previous statement seem to state that yes, you can enter a Sexbound bed and see yourself/your character in there. And the interface. That's 90% of the way there, you just didn't get a partner for it.
  • Again, sadly, i'm pretty sure Lustbound's hookers don't have a automatically horny state. I think that's a slight oversight on that end but most people don't expect it.

So uh... my Solution? Get the Aphrodite's bow, the infused one, and shoot a NPC with either left click (Turns them into a interactable object) or right (Makes them horny so they'll join you)

Ah: So the problem was like me in real life; no one was willing to sleep with me.