3 hours ago, granjam said:

Can anybody help me with this? The game pretty much closes on start-up. About half of my mods are from here. The most recent mods I installed were Chef Crewman, Crew OVERCAPPED, and Tier Nine Ships. I followed instructions as provided to get OVERCAPPED, which is delete shipworld and shipworld bak files. The mod worked and I was able to continue playing. Hours later, I come back to start the game, but it keeps shutting down. I've tried deleting all recent mods, restoring my save files prior installing the recent mods, but it still wouldn't start.

starbound.log 26.69 kB · 0 downloads

Let me know if there's more details I can provide to resolve this. Thanks in advance.

[02:59:20.312] [Error] Exception caught loading asset: /animations/statuseffects/burninglove/burninglove.animation, (AssetException) Could not read JSON asset /animations/statuseffects/burninglove/burninglove.animation

[02:59:21.178] [Error] Application: exception thrown, shutting down: (ObjectException) Error loading object '/objects/biome/scorchedcity/scorchedcityfridge/scorchedcityfridge.object': (AssetException) Error loading asset /animations/statuseffects/burninglove/burninglove.animation

As far as i can tell, these 2 errors are what caused the game to shut down(happened as it loads the game and mods, which happens before it reaches the main menu), and I know that while scorchedcityfridge does exist in the vanilla, burninglove does not, and can't seem to find the mod that adds it, nor know which one to find to check. Sorry I can't help further.

4 hours ago, granjam said:

Can anybody help me with this? The game pretty much closes on start-up. About half of my mods are from here. The most recent mods I installed were Chef Crewman, Crew OVERCAPPED, and Tier Nine Ships. I followed instructions as provided to get OVERCAPPED, which is delete shipworld and shipworld bak files. The mod worked and I was able to continue playing. Hours later, I come back to start the game, but it keeps shutting down. I've tried deleting all recent mods, restoring my save files prior installing the recent mods, but it still wouldn't start.

starbound.log 26.69 kB · 1 download

Let me know if there's more details I can provide to resolve this. Thanks in advance.

Well, it seems your game is crashing because it needs a asset called "Burning love" and it can't find it. I shit you not.

Spoiler

[02:59:20.312] [Error] Exception caught loading asset: /animations/statuseffects/burninglove/burninglove.animation,
(AssetException) Could not read JSON asset /animations/statuseffects/burninglove/burninglove.animation

I have no idea what mod adds that, but i haven't seen it until now.

3 hours ago, Timberdoodle said:

This is the problem I'm having

<Windows being a BLEEP>

This is perfectly normal, don't worry. Here are simple steps to unlock the files and ensure they're safe:

Right-click the file in question and scan it with your Anti-virus. This shouldn't take long and should prove to you, it's harmless to your computer.
If that doesn't automatically unlock the file, right-click it again and go to "Properties", and at the bottom you should see a button to unlock the file.

This happens because Windows adopted this method to protect your from PUPs and viruses, any file coming from someone else's computer is flagged as potentially dangerous until you unlock it, effectively passing the blame of viruses entirely onto you.

1 hour ago, red3dred said:

Well, it seems your game is crashing because it needs a asset called "Burning love" and it can't find it. I shit you not.

Hide contents

[02:59:20.312] [Error] Exception caught loading asset: /animations/statuseffects/burninglove/burninglove.animation,
(AssetException) Could not read JSON asset /animations/statuseffects/burninglove/burninglove.animation

This is perfectly normal, don't worry. Here are simple steps to unlock the files and ensure they're safe:

Right-click the file in question and scan it with your Anti-virus. This shouldn't take long and should prove to you, it's harmless to your computer.
If that doesn't automatically unlock the file, right-click it again and go to "Properties", and at the bottom you should see a button to unlock the file.

This happens because Windows adopted this method to protect your from PUPs and viruses, any file coming from someone else's computer is flagged as potentially dangerous until you unlock it, effectively passing the blame of viruses entirely onto you.

My only comment to this is: Fuck you windows 10. (I haven't updated windows 10 in awhile, simply because of crap like this. lol. I'd just simply bypass the stupid antivirus anyways when it comes to that, just to give it the bloody middle finger, since I do as I please with my computer anyways lol. Even tho it's not too useless anyways. It stops idiots from downloading garbage onto their computers that they shouldn't be downloading. so eh, I guess it has some uses. But me? no, no use cases for it here xD)

Tho the comment on the missing asset thing... I'm not sure what that's supposed to be from either. Imma have a look thru the logs myself and see if I find anything alongside that.
EDIT: Not really much to look for. Nor anything super obvious either. I would suspect conflicting mods possibly tho.

8 hours ago, ptmc2112 said:

[02:59:20.312] [Error] Exception caught loading asset: /animations/statuseffects/burninglove/burninglove.animation, (AssetException) Could not read JSON asset /animations/statuseffects/burninglove/burninglove.animation

[02:59:21.178] [Error] Application: exception thrown, shutting down: (ObjectException) Error loading object '/objects/biome/scorchedcity/scorchedcityfridge/scorchedcityfridge.object': (AssetException) Error loading asset /animations/statuseffects/burninglove/burninglove.animation

As far as i can tell, these 2 errors are what caused the game to shut down(happened as it loads the game and mods, which happens before it reaches the main menu), and I know that while scorchedcityfridge does exist in the vanilla, burninglove does not, and can't seem to find the mod that adds it, nor know which one to find to check. Sorry I can't help further.

7 hours ago, red3dred said:

Hide contents

Thanks for looking into this. As you have guys suggested, I tried looking for the "Burning Love" asset. I did manage to find it under the "Lustbound Aphrodite Bow Addon". Embarrassingly enough, turns out that I unpacked the zip incorrectly. I initially had it as a pak file, but I just realized that I had replaced it as a folder earlier in the day. I'm sorry for wasting your time. Still, I wouldn't have found the problem without you guys' help. So thank you once again.

starbound.logHi! I've recently found a bug with Supper's combat overhaul (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1595801436) and this mod. I only had supper's combat overhaul and sexbound enabled to ensure the bug wasn't caused by any other mods, but when you wear one of the randomly generated helmets from the mod, the animations don't play and the player disappears while interacting with any sex node, such as tables, and leaves behind their image in said object after leaving the item.

I suspect it has to do with how supper's writes down the helmet's image location and the way the util.lua looks for images interacting that causes this. Would I just have to not wear their helmets to deal with the problem? Also, what would be a possible fix if I was going to try to modify the lua so that this doesn't break?

2 hours ago, rpaiasdf said:

starbound.logHi! I've recently found a bug with Supper's combat overhaul (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1595801436) and this mod. I only had supper's combat overhaul and sexbound enabled to ensure the bug wasn't caused by any other mods, but when you wear one of the randomly generated helmets from the mod, the animations don't play and the player disappears while interacting with any sex node, such as tables, and leaves behind their image in said object after leaving the item.

I suspect it has to do with how supper's writes down the helmet's image location and the way the util.lua looks for images interacting that causes this. Would I just have to not wear their helmets to deal with the problem? Also, what would be a possible fix if I was going to try to modify the lua so that this doesn't break?

Well, you hit the nail on the head here, it's because it is "randomly generated" that it is an issue. They probably have "images overlapped with other images" which causes the Sexbound directive parser (The part of the code that handles the apparel/clothing with dyes) to break because the directives are more images that have "side-slashes" ( the / thing ) and as such, it crashes the code internally, because Starbound hates double-slashes in the code, since that is used as a "comment" in most languages

Sometimes it does work properly i've found, but that might be just when I don't have a helmet. I'll have to go test this more to see in exactly what ways it breaks. For now, is there any potential solution to this, like avoiding the helmets, or would I just have to pick between this and supper's overhaul (or just change the images of the randomgen helmets by changing the buildscript they use, but that's a hassle and would also require duplicating the vanilla assets to ensure that things still look the same)?

Edit: Did some more testing, it's only the helmet that seems to do this, the body pieces don't cause any issues and everything works normally if you remove the helmet. The helmet still causes issues if you wear a normal helmet as a vanity helmet.

34 minutes ago, rpaiasdf said:

Sometimes it does work properly i've found, but that might be just when I don't have a helmet. I'll have to go test this more to see in exactly what ways it breaks. For now, is there any potential solution to this, like avoiding the helmets, or would I just have to pick between this and supper's overhaul (or just change the images of the randomgen helmets by changing the buildscript they use, but that's a hassle and would also require duplicating the vanilla assets to ensure that things still look the same)?

I'd say pick between the two if anything... Since, it'd probably be better not to cause sexbound's code to have a literal heart attack anyways. Also... Randomly generated armor probably isn't a good idea anyways regardless, in terms of how well starbound itself would entirely handle it in the long term. But such is just my thought. Still tho, I'd suggest picking one over the other. (I never bothered with the combat overhaul mod tho, probably because I found it to be rather buggy at the time, and/or incompatible with some other stuff I have probably.)

So I've come across 2 weird bugs:

20210430233644_1.jpg.6238d7270a2f5c809d5a57187bf652e8.jpg

So, my barometta lacks the green hat this NPC owns.

20210430233657_1.jpg.0d7adc1f0930af408c981e0e65d42edb.jpg

But I magically get a free one whilst "in the act"? Once I leave it gets removed so it's not duplicating.

The other bug I found out is that if you enable lactation, you end up in an infinite sex act where neither bar fills up and the log rapidly fills up with a

[23:33:40.683] [Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/plugins/lactate/lactate.lua..."]:45: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value (field '_burstTimer1')

On 4/30/2021 at 5:43 PM, RoboticBoznara said:

The other bug I found out is that if you enable lactation, you end up in an infinite sex act where neither bar fills up and the log rapidly fills up with a

[23:33:40.683] [Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/plugins/lactate/lactate.lua..."]:45: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value (field '_burstTimer1')

Yeah, I had that issue myself. Turns out that it also breaks alot of other mods at the moment, like the Aphrodite's Bow mod (you can't do the quest), and the Sexbound Defeat mod.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

On a separate note, I seem to having an issue where pregnancy bellies are not showing up at all on the player model. Like, it will show if I enable Pregnancy Fetish, but then they show only during sex scenes.

Edit: Nvm that last bit... Just realized they mentioned something about that in the FAQ...

34 minutes ago, HighwayDio said:

So after a good break, I am ready to get back into starbound, mainly sexbound, I got all the stuff updated and for the first time, I am having trouble. Game keeps crashing without any warning, as in, it boots up, logo pops up, it starts to load, then the game closes without any pop up or the sort. I screwed something up and I don't know how to fix  it and I have never posted a log before, so I kinda need help.

There's a thing called a Log, that is made whenever you run the game, even if it crashes, and it tells us what the problem may be. You can find the file within your starbound's Storage folder.

So, to better report issues, try providing a log file and a description of the issue.

To find the log file, it should be within your Starbound installation directory, then the storage folder. You should see a text file named starbound.log (Or simply starbound, a plain text file). Paste it into your response as a attached file, or use PasteBin, whichever you prefer. Then users can look into your issues with the necessary information at hand.

<Just please don't post the whole thing as text here>

8 minutes ago, red3dred said:

There's a thing called a Log, that is made whenever you run the game, even if it crashes, and it tells us what the problem may be. You can find the file within your starbound's Storage folder.

Yeah I found the problem, sorry to bother to begin with, I forgot to delete a mod that depended on another mod that I did delete.

So, to whomever knows the answer to the following:

Where should I start looking for me to mess around with the Egg mechanic?
I read that there is one in the base mod, though I do not see any mods utilizing it.

I personally was interested in tinkering around with it to add in a few patches, such as, if possible, certain races laying eggs after pregnancies' or if they were impregnated by Monsters (if players have Teratophilia installed)

On 5/1/2021 at 2:43 PM, FryoKnight said:

Yeah, I had that issue myself. Turns out that it also breaks alot of other mods at the moment, like the Aphrodite's Bow mod (you can't do the quest), and the Sexbound Defeat mod.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

On a separate note, I seem to having an issue where pregnancy bellies are not showing up at all on the player model. Like, it will show if I enable Pregnancy Fetish, but then they show only during sex scenes.

Edit: Nvm that last bit... Just realized they mentioned something about that in the FAQ...

This is caused by what it's likely a syntax error at scripts\sexbound\plugins\lactate\lactate.lua at lines 18, 25, 27 and 28:

function Sexbound.Actor.Lactate:new(parent, config)
    local _self = setmetatable({
        _logPrefix = "LACT",
        _config = config,
        _burstTimer1 = 0,
        _burstTimer2 = 0
    }, Sexbound.Actor.Lactate_mt)

_self:init(parent, _self._logPrefix)

_self._nextBurstTime1 = _self:generateNextBurstTime()
    _self._nextBurstTime2 = _self:generateNextBurstTime()

return self
end

If you replace it like this the plugin seems to work again.

local self = setmetatable({
        _logPrefix = "LACT",
        _config = config,
        _burstTimer1 = 0,
        _burstTimer2 = 0

self:init(parent, self._logPrefix)

self._nextBurstTime1 = self:generateNextBurstTime()
    self._nextBurstTime2 = self:generateNextBurstTime()

return self
end

I don't know if this was an intended change or a syntax error but it doesn't seem to break anything elsewhere, so this is a quick fix if you want that lactation action. :)

6 hours ago, Zoonz said:

This is caused by what it's likely a syntax error at scripts\sexbound\plugins\lactate\lactate.lua at lines 18, 25, 27 and 28:

local _self = setmetatable({
        _logPrefix = "LACT",
        _config = config,
        _burstTimer1 = 0,
        _burstTimer2 = 0

_self:init(parent, _self._logPrefix)

_self._nextBurstTime1 = _self:generateNextBurstTime()
    _self._nextBurstTime2 = _self:generateNextBurstTime()

return self
end

If you replace it like this the plugin seems to work again.

local self = setmetatable({
        _logPrefix = "LACT",
        _config = config,
        _burstTimer1 = 0,
        _burstTimer2 = 0

self:init(parent, self._logPrefix)

self._nextBurstTime1 = self:generateNextBurstTime()
    self._nextBurstTime2 = self:generateNextBurstTime()

return self
end

I don't know if this was an intended change or a syntax error but it doesn't seem to break anything elsewhere, so this is a quick fix if you want that lactation action. :)

This actually fixed the issue! Thank you soo much for this~♥

1 hour ago, Arriator said:

Holy crap, we're on 5.5.1 already? I haven't really paid attention in ages... is there like a comprehensive changelog somewhere? Last I checked this was 4.0.2!

A somewhat comprehensible Changelog used to be under the main download page, but i've noticed it's gone. The closest second, albeit much less comprehensible, is going to the Sexbound github and seeing the commits there.

14 hours ago, S0M111 said:

Any chance for the pregnant sprite to show up outside animations? 

Sadly, due to the limitations of Starbound modding there isn't a way for Modders to do that without overwriting major files and breaking either the game itself, or other mods.

5 hours ago, FryoKnight said:

Sadly, due to the limitations of Starbound modding there isn't a way for Modders to do that without overwriting major files and breaking either the game itself, or other mods.

I've given a good amount of thought about this one, and it's not impossible nor too invasive to do, actually, but... sadly it requires a very long script to handle all of the existing species that are supported, and a lot of testing.

9 hours ago, red3dred said:

I've given a good amount of thought about this one, and it's not impossible nor too invasive to do, actually, but... sadly it requires a very long script to handle all of the existing species that are supported, and a lot of testing.

14 hours ago, FryoKnight said:

You'd need a script to handle "If user has status 'pregnant' change humanoid directory to '...' ", Which, could possibly be done bouncing off the idea of the sphere tech, almost. I assume.

Which mod packs from steam do you recomend for sexbound? I installed "Clear and Stable Modpack" but there is something wrong in it, cuz after i shot npc with imbued aphrodite bow it does nothing(there is a text flying max alluring and sound like he should appear clothesless but nothing he just walks just as before). Maybe you know which kind of mods are incompatible so i can recheck mod list by myself?