What's up with the "max arousal reached" thing?

Every time I've started an interaction, it forces me out of it after a few seconds and damages the player character and the npc I was trying to have some fun with.

If this is a new mechanic, could someone tell me how to raise the max arousal you have in the game?

(I've been out of the loop for this mod for about all of a year, so I have no idea what's going on.)

It's kinda annoying.

12 hours ago, TheTurnedStar said:

I'm having an issue where npcs in sexual interactions are gaining the player character's clothing and hair. Anyone else experiencing this?

Slightly worse than I thought, even npcs having sex with other npcs causes their vanity items or last worn vanity items to show up on one another. Is anyone experiencing this?

Edit: OH, this is a toggleable feature shfjsjf nevermind

Edit 2: wait no, clothes are toggleable, but why is it duplicating??

3 hours ago, Monogrammed_Corpse said:

What's up with the "max arousal reached" thing?

Every time I've started an interaction, it forces me out of it after a few seconds and damages the player character and the npc I was trying to have some fun with.

If this is a new mechanic, could someone tell me how to raise the max arousal you have in the game?

(I've been out of the loop for this mod for about all of a year, so I have no idea what's going on.)

It's kinda annoying.

if I remember correctly that random damage thing was an issue with the Pheromones mod where the cloud of pheromones dealt damage or counted as an attack, interrupting sex.

are you using that one?

not sure if it was ever fixed as I didn't follow that thread after uninstalling

So, I recently decided to get back into Sexbound at a friend's encouragement, and I saw that it had some sort of POV add-on? I've done a few tests, the only mods I have are Statue of Dibella v1.1.0, Sexbound 5.5.1, and Sexbound Pov 2.0.0. I was pretty eager to see the POV thing in action, but either it doesn't work, I don't have the right version, or it does work and I'm just not getting something.

Is there anything I need to know that I may not know?

9 hours ago, SingleForLife said:

if I remember correctly that random damage thing was an issue with the Pheromones mod where the cloud of pheromones dealt damage or counted as an attack, interrupting sex.

are you using that one?

not sure if it was ever fixed as I didn't follow that thread after uninstalling

Alright, yeah, it was that mod.

Apparently it wasn't fixed.

Either way though, thanks!

Also, anyone know how to stop sexbound from forcing the NPC's model from changing back to the normal one while you have make the universe a cuter place active?

I found an old thread that told the asker how to make the head stop doing that, but that seems to not work anymore.

I added Omnibrowser and the Defeat mods, and that seems to be when it stopped working right.

(This is the thread if you wanted it, by the way: )

9 hours ago, dingodilefan1 said:

So, I recently decided to get back into Sexbound at a friend's encouragement, and I saw that it had some sort of POV add-on? I've done a few tests, the only mods I have are Statue of Dibella v1.1.0, Sexbound 5.5.1, and Sexbound Pov 2.0.0. I was pretty eager to see the POV thing in action, but either it doesn't work, I don't have the right version, or it does work and I'm just not getting something.

Is there anything I need to know that I may not know?

Looking at the POV unpacked files, it seems we only have human and Floran compatibility right now. As far as I know, it only shows on doggy style and standing, nothing else. Probably might get more in the future? 

6 hours ago, Monogrammed_Corpse said:

Also, anyone know how to stop sexbound from forcing the NPC's model from changing back to the normal one while you have make the universe a cuter place active?

I found an old thread that told the asker how to make the head stop doing that, but that seems to not work anymore.

I added Omnibrowser and the Defeat mods, and that seems to be when it stopped working right.

As for this, that should have worked. And I think the "forceUseOriginalHeadArtwork" is default true in the config file. Only time mine stopped was when I was using Lustbound, but adding Sexbound's config file to it fixed it for me. I'm just speaking from experience messing with it though.

So I got the sexbound work in  all my worlds but one. In the one it doesn't work whenever my char accesses a sexnode she turns invisible. In all other worlds everything functions the way it's supposed to. Any reasons for this? Should I look for an outdated item or smtng? 

24 minutes ago, Kwiewy said:

So I got the sexbound work in  all my worlds but one. In the one it doesn't work whenever my char accesses a sexnode she turns invisible. In all other worlds everything functions the way it's supposed to. Any reasons for this? Should I look for an outdated item or smtng? 

You can start by posting the starbound.log file found in storage of the starbound install folder (in library of steam right click starbound, then manage, then view local files to find the starbound install folder, at least works in windows)

8 hours ago, Monogrammed_Corpse said:

The solution I have is to slap the head that I use at the head files within the actor1 and actor 2 folders in artwork within the unpacked mod, also, replacing the body files with the ones I'd normally use too, for the files within the humanoid folder within the main folder, that is for Human. (As for other race heads for the actors, it wouldn't be hard to take the heads off of the main mods your using to change the heads, to allow them to have that specific head that you want.) Their bodies tho will not match cutebound's artstyle tho, so doing this is basically also only if you don't give much of a care about the issue of either stuff not lining up right, or whatever.

Quick question, is Sexbound compatible with FU's recent version ? Because the old version of the mod was working, but the most recent one just closes the game ... any help ?

Edit: The Legacy version seems to "work" ... at least the test object shows. Besides that, neither the recent version nor Lustbound seem to work. zip or pak file, neither of them work.

1 hour ago, Kwiewy said:

So when I open the Starbound-Storage folder I can see 5 lags, logs 1 through 5. Which do I post? Or just all of them? 

Starbound.log is the one from the most recent time you had the game opened and closed, the .1 through .5 ones are from the 2nd to last time you had the game opened and closed through the 6th, respectively (last one just gets overridden each time the game is opened unless copied and saved somewhere else) so i guess if it was just the last time that problem occurred, then just starbound.log is suffcient

40 minutes ago, Kwiewy said:

Well I couldn't find a starbound.log without a number behind it, so I just opened the same world twice and I'm sending .log.1 instead, should be the same right? I hope you can do something with this. I'm not good with coding myself :3

starbound.log.1 67.84 kB · 0 downloads

Maybe try running the game again, and doing the thing again? and be sure to not just save & exit, but click "quit" at the main menu, then when steam no longer says you are playing starbound, THEN go get the log and send it.

11 hours ago, Monogrammed_Corpse said:

made a patch for that, but ONLY does the heads, both the source and the .pak are provided (and yes, I do go by Material Defender on steam)

cuteboundPatch for Sexbound.pak cutebound patch for sexbound.zip

The only thing of error that I can find is near the bottom lines of that text file I attached. I'm addressing the errors in these lines

[21:13:58.538] [Error] Could not apply patch from file /scripts/sexbound/plugins/pregnant/pregnant.config.patch in source: ..\mods\Sexbound_Lamia v.2.pak.  Caused by: (JsonPatchException) Could not apply patch to base. (JsonPatchException) Could not apply operation to base. (TraversalException) Cannot parse 'lamia' as index in Json path "/compatibleMates/lamia"
[21:14:01.138] [Info] UniverseServer: Warping player 1 to ClientShipWorld:9afa91c6532eb8077442c73461d457e8=1044.62.1024
[21:14:01.648] [Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/common/pregnant.lu..."]:100: bad argument #2 to 'insert' (position out of bounds)
[21:14:01.768] [Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/player.lua"]:31: attempt to index a nil value (field 'sb_player')
[21:14:02.002] [Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/player.lua"]:31: attempt to index a nil value (field 'sb_player')
[21:14:03.088] [Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/player.lua"]:31: attempt to index a nil value (field 'sb_player')
[21:14:03.113] [Error] Could not load image asset '/humanoid/avian/hair/ShantaeAVF1.png', using placeholder default.
(AssetException) No such asset '/humanoid/avian/hair/ShantaeAVF1.png'
[21:14:03.114] [Error] Could not load image asset '/humanoid/avian/hair/ShantaeAVF1.png:normal', using placeholder default.
(AssetException) No associated frames file found for image '/humanoid/avian/hair/ShantaeAVF1.png' while resolving image frame '/humanoid/avian/hair/ShantaeAVF1.png:normal'
[21:14:03.400] [Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/player.lua"]:31: attempt to index a nil value (field 'sb_player')
[21:14:03.583] [Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/player.lua"]:31: attempt to index a nil value (field 'sb_player')
[21:14:19.518] [Info] UniverseClient: Client disconnecting...

Is there something in here I should realize or fix?

Well, looks like everyone's been having fun bug-battling over here.

1 minute ago, Kwiewy said:

The only thing of error that I can find is near the bottom lines of that text file I attached. I'm addressing the errors in these lines

[21:13:58.538] [Error] Could not apply patch from file /scripts/sexbound/plugins/pregnant/pregnant.config.patch in source: ..\mods\Sexbound_Lamia v.2.pak.  Caused by: (JsonPatchException) Could not apply patch to base. (JsonPatchException) Could not apply operation to base. (TraversalException) Cannot parse 'lamia' as index in Json path "/compatibleMates/lamia"
[21:14:01.138] [Info] UniverseServer: Warping player 1 to ClientShipWorld:9afa91c6532eb8077442c73461d457e8=1044.62.1024
[21:14:01.648] [Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/common/pregnant.lu..."]:100: bad argument #2 to 'insert' (position out of bounds)
[21:14:01.768] [Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/player.lua"]:31: attempt to index a nil value (field 'sb_player')
[21:14:02.002] [Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/player.lua"]:31: attempt to index a nil value (field 'sb_player')
[21:14:03.088] [Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/player.lua"]:31: attempt to index a nil value (field 'sb_player')
[21:14:03.113] [Error] Could not load image asset '/humanoid/avian/hair/ShantaeAVF1.png', using placeholder default.
(AssetException) No such asset '/humanoid/avian/hair/ShantaeAVF1.png'
[21:14:03.114] [Error] Could not load image asset '/humanoid/avian/hair/ShantaeAVF1.png:normal', using placeholder default.
(AssetException) No associated frames file found for image '/humanoid/avian/hair/ShantaeAVF1.png' while resolving image frame '/humanoid/avian/hair/ShantaeAVF1.png:normal'
[21:14:03.400] [Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/player.lua"]:31: attempt to index a nil value (field 'sb_player')
[21:14:03.583] [Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/player.lua"]:31: attempt to index a nil value (field 'sb_player')
[21:14:19.518] [Info] UniverseClient: Client disconnecting...

Is there something in here I should realize or fix?

Only thing is that line there;

• "[Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/common/pregnant.lu..."]:100: bad argument #2 to 'insert' (position out of bounds)".

Sounds like more pregnancy bugs, since your log mentioned no particularly outdated mods that would break things, only older one was Teratophilia, and maybe the bugged Merrkin support.

5 hours ago, Derekkun0o said:

Quick question, is Sexbound compatible with FU's recent version ? Because the old version of the mod was working, but the most recent one just closes the game ... any help ?

Edit: The Legacy version seems to "work" ... at least the test object shows. Besides that, neither the recent version nor Lustbound seem to work. zip or pak file, neither of them work.

Firstly, HAH. Nobody has FU support, not even FU lad.

Code that is that frequently updated is not supported by anyone, held together by community hotfixes, and purposefully made incompatible (Or at least claimed to be incompatible) with things. While Sexbound may work alongside it, nobody can, and should, support it to work together, for their own sanity and safety. That said;

No log, no service. We don't know what, how many, and how you've installed your mods, and much less the error as to why it's crashing. Care to share a log?

Um, thanks for the answer, but I still have not been able to fix anything. I removed the two mods you mentioned and switched pregnancy to false in the config file of sexbound, but nothing happened that wasn't already happening. I also tried to suicide, but apperently that was impossible. Any potential fixes for this? 

6 minutes ago, Kwiewy said:

Um, thanks for the answer, but I still have not been able to fix anything. I removed the two mods you mentioned and switched pregnancy to false in the config file of sexbound, but nothing happened that wasn't already happening. I also tried to suicide, but apperently that was impossible. Any potential fixes for this? 

That is what i meant with "pregnancy bugs", it is a module that is required to work regardless. You can either rollback your Sexbound version to one that works for you (Check the older versions button on the first page) or just delete the character/make a new one. The older mods that i pointed out could not have caused this.

10 hours ago, red3dred said:

That is what i meant with "pregnancy bugs", it is a module that is required to work regardless. You can either rollback your Sexbound version to one that works for you (Check the older versions button on the first page) or just delete the character/make a new one. The older mods that i pointed out could not have caused this.

If the bug is what I think it is, aka, a bugged status of being pregnant, but at the same time, unable to give birth because of whatever is being tried to be given birth to, cannot exist due to being in any way corrupted, then yeah, I've experienced it, and... it's annoying. Because there is nothing you can do but create a new character when it happens. There are ways to temporarily fix it, but it will just break again fairly quickly afterwards. Basically, my thought is, if the entity that is being tried to be birthed from the player, is corrupted, then the mod itself should actually instead initiate a check to see if it is valid, and if it isn't just purge it, and give a message saying that it was a failed birth or something. (Would be a much better, and would probably resolve this whole issue as a whole, so that people don't have to constantly make new characters every time that their character bugs out from pregnancies getting corrupted. Cause I think it's an issue where it tries to create an entity that it cannot create, therefore resulting in a corrupted, unplaceable entity. Which might also explain the error message too even tho most of the time, if your not inside of something via like Phase Shift for example, it shouldn't pop up unless the entity that is well... in the que for getting birthed from the player, has invalid data and cannot exist due to such. As to if this is so or not, Idk. But it would still be interesting if, what I've said the issue might be exactly, is actually so.

11 hours ago, RenaTheAvali said:

If the bug is what I think it is, aka, a bugged status of being pregnant, but at the same time, unable to give birth because of whatever is being tried to be given birth to, cannot exist due to being in any way corrupted, then yeah, I've experienced it, and... it's annoying. Because there is nothing you can do but create a new character when it happens. There are ways to temporarily fix it, but it will just break again fairly quickly afterwards. Basically, my thought is, if the entity that is being tried to be birthed from the player, is corrupted, then the mod itself should actually instead initiate a check to see if it is valid, and if it isn't just purge it, and give a message saying that it was a failed birth or something. (Would be a much better, and would probably resolve this whole issue as a whole, so that people don't have to constantly make new characters every time that their character bugs out from pregnancies getting corrupted. Cause I think it's an issue where it tries to create an entity that it cannot create, therefore resulting in a corrupted, unplaceable entity. Which might also explain the error message too even tho most of the time, if your not inside of something via like Phase Shift for example, it shouldn't pop up unless the entity that is well... in the que for getting birthed from the player, has invalid data and cannot exist due to such. As to if this is so or not, Idk. But it would still be interesting if, what I've said the issue might be exactly, is actually so.

That is a lot of words without spacing and is really hard to parse, but you seem to be trying to rationalize the issue that i've seen above...

Well, there's not much else to say, i know why it is happening, that's what the error says. "Invalid Insert". At some point, either due to a typo or a hitch in the code, it tries to make a "insert" command into the "Sexbound storage" of the player, for pregnancies, and it is not done correctly for whatever reason. Why this only triggers at birth though is odd. I guess it tries to validate the pregnancies (Because yes, there is a code that takes all pregnancies out, reads them, checks if they're correct and re-inserts them) and fails to do so.

37 minutes ago, red3dred said:

That is a lot of words without spacing and is really hard to parse, but you seem to be trying to rationalize the issue that i've seen above...

Well, there's not much else to say, i know why it is happening, that's what the error says. "Invalid Insert". At some point, either due to a typo or a hitch in the code, it tries to make a "insert" command into the "Sexbound storage" of the player, for pregnancies, and it is not done correctly for whatever reason. Why this only triggers at birth though is odd. I guess it tries to validate the pregnancies (Because yes, there is a code that takes all pregnancies out, reads them, checks if they're correct and re-inserts them) and fails to do so.

Thing is, it only fails after awhile, so my speculation is that, it doesn't properly check to see if the entity to be placed, has valid data, and if it doesn't, it just gets stuck on it permanently. There is no code to yeet a broken entity that can't be placed, if such is the issue. Which may also be causing the issue you just mentioned at the end of your post. But only speculation of what is going on I guess. Only will be a matter of time till @Locuturus tells us what the issue was so that we know what has been creating the problem, Cause it's consistent across all characters, to occur after enough pregnancies occur. (Also if you have multi-birth storage enabled, that'll cause the system to freak out too after awhile.)

Can anybody help me with this? The game pretty much closes on start-up. About half of my mods are from here. The most recent mods I installed were Chef Crewman, Crew OVERCAPPED, and Tier Nine Ships. I followed instructions as provided to get OVERCAPPED, which is delete shipworld and shipworld bak files. The mod worked and I was able to continue playing. Hours later, I come back to start the game, but it keeps shutting down. I've tried deleting all recent mods, restoring my save files prior installing the recent mods, but it still wouldn't start.

starbound.log

Let me know if there's more details I can provide to resolve this. Thanks in advance.