1 hour ago, [insert name] said:

Can someone tell me how to make the PoV thing work? I downloaded the src file but it isn't exactly mention what I'm supposed to do with it. I have placed it in my mods folder but nothing seems to happen in-game.

If you downloaded the SRC, you downloaded a ZIP folder. Inside of it is a bunch of files. The game won't load ZIP files so try the following:

On 4/22/2020 at 9:23 PM, red3dred said:

Even better, wippersnappers, it sounds like someone extracted their mod, and installed it, incorrectly. Lemme dig through several hundred images in my LL account real quick...

Ah, here;
image.png

These files should not be in the mods folder. They should also not be inside a folder, that is inside another folder. It requires specifically to be:

>/mods/Sexbound/ (These files)

NOT

>/mods/ (These files)

NOR

>/mods/Sexbound/Sexbound/ (These files)

Now i'll take the opportunity to save the above as a quotable link since it's a answer i often gotta post =V

Same as the example above, you would need to install it like /mods/<Sexbound POV>/ in a single folder and stuff.

5 hours ago, red3dred said:

If you downloaded the SRC, you downloaded a ZIP folder. Inside of it is a bunch of files. The game won't load ZIP files so try the following:

Same as the example above, you would need to install it like /mods/<Sexbound POV>/ in a single folder and stuff.

If you just meant that I needed to extract the file to /mods/ then I'm pretty sure I've already done that. If the PoV mod is meant to work after that, then I probably missed how to activate it in game? If so, please tell me how to do that.

8 hours ago, [insert name] said:

If you just meant that I needed to extract the file to /mods/ then I'm pretty sure I've already done that. If the PoV mod is meant to work after that, then I probably missed how to activate it in game? If so, please tell me how to do that.

If i remember correctly, it should just work straight away? But only Florans and Humans are supported in that version, and only on two positions i believe, Doggy and Standing.

4 hours ago, red3dred said:

If i remember correctly, it should just work straight away? But only Florans and Humans are supported in that version, and only on two positions i believe, Doggy and Standing.

Well, it does not seem to be working. Can you guide me through the full installation process? Perhaps this will tell me if I missed something while installing it. Also, are there any other mods required for the PoV mod to work? And is there like, some sort of button I'm supposed to press to activate the PoV window? (or whatever it was)

I've downloaded and moved everything in the correct but when I start a character the SxB customizer and Sexbound FAQ codex aren't in my inventory perhaps i'm doing something wrong but could anyone tell me the reasoning for that?

1 hour ago, [insert name] said:

Well, it does not seem to be working. Can you guide me through the full installation process? Perhaps this will tell me if I missed something while installing it. Also, are there any other mods required for the PoV mod to work? And is there like, some sort of button I'm supposed to press to activate the PoV window? (or whatever it was)

I haven't been around lately to play the latest Sexbound releases, i only caught some info from a couple friends and users, but from what i know, there is no need to press a key. It should just work if the characters in the scene are human or floran, and are in either of the two valid positions. You need a Sexbound API of at least version 5 and above for it to work and that's it. Feel free to drop the Starbound Log file here after launching the game so we can see the issue.

So, to better report issues, try providing a log file and a description of the issue.

To find the log file, it should be within your Starbound installation directory, then the storage folder. You should see a text file named starbound.log (Or simply starbound, a plain text file). Paste it into your response as a attached file, or use PasteBin, whichever you prefer. Then users can look into your issues with the necessary information at hand.

<Just please don't post the whole thing as text here>

And that's the best way to report problems. If your Sexbound is working, it shouldn't require anything else. Granted, you maybe using Lustbound. I don't know if that affects it.

Hello for some reason whenever i start the game the genders are inversed. Females have dicks but can't impregnate and males don't have dicks but somehow impregnate.
I tried reinstalling the mod and a couple of other things such as switching back versions to older ones or handpicking each sexbound mod yet i couldn't identify the source.
Before you ask, no the futanari plugin was not set on true, it was false all the time. The only thing i did to the config file is change the directory of the heads so they are compatible with some sprites from mods and enabled the pregnant belly.

My mod list consisted of Sexbound, POV mod , Alluring Toys, Statue of Dibella, Aphrodites's Bow, Omnibrowser, species and Lustbound and all it other addons.

Should also point out before i reverted to a older version (4.10) i couldn't even enter in sex nodes with my character as they would simply vanish.

Here is the log file before reverting back to 4.10

starbound.log.5

Hello for some reason whenever i start the game the genders are inversed. Females have dicks but can't impregnate and males don't have dicks but somehow impregnate.
I tried reinstalling the mod and a couple of other things such as switching back versions to older ones or handpicking each sexbound mod yet i couldn't identify the source.
Before you ask, no the futanari plugin was not set on true, it was false all the time. The only thing i did to the config file is change the directory of the heads so they are compatible with some sprites from mods and enabled the pregnant belly.

My mod list consisted of Sexbound, POV mod , Alluring Toys, Statue of Dibella, Aphrodites's Bow, Omnibrowser, species and Lustbound and all it other addons.

Should also point out before i reverted to a older version (4.10) i couldn't even enter in sex nodes with my character as they would simply vanish.

I have so much desire and plans to help you with the mod, but so far I understand how to make basic mods but the LUA language I cannot understand it, there are very confusing tutorials that only confuse me more, if you can support me with a good tutorial I would appreciate it very much and such Maybe I could start doing more advanced mods as well as sexual.

I used to play starbound two years ago and recently got back into it, and I remember that my character could impregnate NPC's with no problem but I made a new character after getting back into starbound and it seems that my new character can't impregnate NPC's anymore, I tried fiddling around in the config files (and even making a new character to see if my current character was an isolated problem)  with no success but brought a crew member as a test subject to the sandbox dungeon and they could get impregnated by NPC's successfully there.  I'm stumped on what could be the problem. Any insight on this issue would be appreciated, thanks.

On another note, the stat section in the sexbound customizer menu won't change stats no matter what.

On 5/16/2021 at 3:03 AM, Rarexe said:

I have so much desire and plans to help you with the mod, but so far I understand how to make basic mods but the LUA language I cannot understand it, there are very confusing tutorials that only confuse me more, if you can support me with a good tutorial I would appreciate it very much and such Maybe I could start doing more advanced mods as well as sexual.

So, you understand how English works, right? How sentences work, verbs, grammatical rules, etc. Programming Languages are no different in that sense, once you learn the grammatical, or in this case, syntax rules for LUA, you will quickly learn a lot more about the language. For starters, knowing programming of basic languages like C, C++ or C# is helpful albeit not on point, and for reference on the Starbound specific commands, you can check the game's "Doc" folder, which should contain ChuckleFish written comments on a few of the commands (A few, and poorly described functions, but better than not knowing, or you can use Starbound Wiki for Modding, and get a much wider reference)

I have tutorials on Sexbound modding, but i don't think that's what you're asking for here...

6 hours ago, trilosis said:

I used to play starbound two years ago and recently got back into it, and I remember that my character could impregnate NPC's with no problem but I made a new character after getting back into starbound and it seems that my new character can't impregnate NPC's anymore, I tried fiddling around in the config files (and even making a new character to see if my current character was an isolated problem)  with no success but brought a crew member as a test subject to the sandbox dungeon and they could get impregnated by NPC's successfully there.  I'm stumped on what could be the problem. Any insight on this issue would be appreciated, thanks.

On another note, the stat section in the sexbound customizer menu won't change stats no matter what.

Could help solve the issue to drop a LOG file into the message so we could figure out a thing or two, like outdated mods, errors, etc.

So, to better report issues, try providing a description of the issue and recreating the issue in-game, then providing a log file.

To find the log file, it should be within your Starbound installation directory, then the storage folder. You should see a text file named starbound.log (Or simply starbound, a plain text file). Paste it into your response as a attached file, or use PasteBin, whichever you prefer. Then users can look into your issues with the necessary information at hand.

12 hours ago, trilosis said:

1 hour ago, trilosis said:

Oh yeah sure, here's the log.

So, from what i see here, you have a few mods that cause issues or possibly do at least, i'll mark down a few that have known issues and the ones with possible issues.

• Cass's Terramens have a few spawning issues that may cause your planets to not work properly, use with caution or get a fixed version shared from other users.
  • Sexbound Merrkin Support is known to have a dialog file issue that causes glitches in the position system.

And for potential issues:

• You have two different Draconis Supports, i don't think they are for different races, instead being just two different skins. They are both being loaded, so that may cause issues.
  • Sexbound's Extended Dialogue overwrites a few files in the dialogue system, and may cause issue with the latest versions, in theory it should be fine but i haven't tested it with the latest updates.
  • Lustbound and POV may not work together. They don't overwrite the main animation file but they do overwrite a few character files. I see errors relating to the POV files not being found, but the mod seems to be installed correctly.
  • Also, not sure if it's been fixed yet, but Yoru's Sexbound Support had some issues with patching the pregnancy system and may cause hiccups.
  • You have FU, CuteBound, and FFS. Good grief mate. FU by itself will likely conflict with at least Defeat and at worse, will cause a few crew-member and NPC types to be immune to Sexbound. Cutebound will cause visual inconsistencies between characters outside and inside animations. FFS is rather shoddy asset-wise and spews errors on it's own without any other mod installed, like duplicate bullets and guns, and their NPC's would normally be immune to Sexbound (Except the DAE support which i'm not sure how well covered it is there).

These are just the issues off the top of my head, from reading the log and seeing your mods, there maybe more in there, but i haven't picked up anything else.

Thanks for the well thought out report. From the get-go I knew that FU and FFS (especially FFS) might've caused some issues down the line, so the fault is mine there. I'll try to experiment and enable/disable some of the listed mods and see what seems to be the cause of the main issue I've reported. If I find the problem, I'll let you know.

Edit 1:

Replaced Cass's Terramens with the user fix.

Removed:

Sexbound POV

No fix yet, will continue to look into the issue.

So um, I seemed to have solved the issue. While some of my mods did cause issues, it had nothing to do with the pregnancy issue. It never dawned on me that you have to click on the ejaculation bar manually to have a chance to impregnate someone. I had assumed that it'd work automatically like NPC's. ?

13 hours ago, red3dred said:

Entonces, entiendes cómo funciona el inglés, ¿verdad? Cómo funcionan las oraciones, verbos, reglas gramaticales, etc. Los lenguajes de programación no son diferentes en ese sentido, una vez que aprenda las reglas gramaticales, o en este caso, las reglas de sintaxis de LUA, rápidamente aprenderá mucho más sobre el idioma. Para empezar, conocer la programación de lenguajes básicos como C, C ++ o C # es útil aunque no puntual, y como referencia sobre los comandos específicos de Starbound, puedes consultar la carpeta "Doc" del juego, que debe contener comentarios escritos de ChuckleFish sobre algunos de los comandos (algunas funciones mal descritas, pero es mejor que no saberlo, o puede usar Starbound Wiki para Modding y obtener una referencia mucho más amplia)

Tengo tutoriales sobre la modificación de Sexbound, pero no creo que eso sea lo que estás pidiendo aquí ...

Podría ayudar a resolver el problema al colocar un archivo LOG en el mensaje para que podamos descubrir una cosa o dos, como modificaciones obsoletas, errores, etc.

If I know the functions like "and", "or", "if" and others but what confuses me are the functions and how they are associated with the game, but what you say seems like a good idea, I will read the "Doc" and consult on the chucklefish forums

4 minutes ago, Timberdoodle said:

im having a problem where it just crashes my game everytime i start it up

?

So, to better report issues, try providing a description of the issue and recreating the issue in-game, then providing a log file.

How long does it take for npcs to give birth?  I seen some of the npcs knock each other up (couple were cause of me) and it seems to be taking forever for them to actually pop.  Is this a glitch or do I need to spend a bunch of time around them?  It's like they're pregnant forever.

4 hours ago, Alaerth Golos said:

How long does it take for npcs to give birth?  I seen some of the npcs knock each other up (couple were cause of me) and it seems to be taking forever for them to actually pop.  Is this a glitch or do I need to spend a bunch of time around them?  It's like they're pregnant forever.

By default, the API runs the pregnancies off real-time. Which means "Oops, they were impregnated and will give birth in X days" means real life days. This can be changed in the configs.