Problem with version 5.3.1 that causes all enemies, that are turned into a node using Defeat, to become invisible and impossible to activate.

[14:05:43.382] [Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/lib/sexbound/actor.lua"]:29: attempt to call a nil value (method 'getConfig')

From the server log, as per usual. Nothing in Starbound.LOG.

Update:
Everyone turns invisible, even NPC's and when using supported furniture, spamming my log with the previous error message.
Additional error info:

[Error] Exception while invoking lua message handler for message 'Sexbound:Actor:Setup'. (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/scripts/sexbound/lib/sexbound/actor.lua"]:29: attempt to call a nil value (method 'getConfig')
stack traceback:
        [C]: in method 'getConfig'
        [string "/scripts/sexbound/lib/sexbound/actor.lua"]:29: in field 'new'
        [string "/scripts/sexbound/lib/sexbound.lua"]:288: in function <[string "/scripts/sexbound/lib/sexbound.lua"]:275>
        (...tail calls...)

Hope this helps.

7 hours ago, excessbloodlust said:

Hey so I'm not sure if this is the right spot but I'm encountering an issue with aroused NPC running over to a table and just disappearing, when I select a table as a player I appear on it lying down but it doesn't seem to register any other NPCs that are interacting with it at the same time?

starbound.log 12.12 kB · 1 download

Sure, I think all the issues that everyone has been expressing should be fixed by v5.3.2 - I'm sorry about this ❤️

You're a legend for fixing things this fast, @Locuturus!
You even skipped the mentioned 5.3.2 fix and went straight to version 5.4.0! Colour me impressed.

Edit:
Can confirm that furniture and Defeat works again. Top-notch, mate.

I'm having an issue since the update, where if futa is enabled (even if you exclude male or npc individually or together) where the males of any race (ncp) no longer have genitals, of any kind. This may just be my inexperience with mods, but just figured I'd post it in case I'm not the only one having the issue.

There's still this error but the contraceptive patch does work, unlike in version 5.1.0 (iirc):

[Error] Exception while invoking lua message handler for message 'Sexbound:Actor:Setup'. (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/scripts/sexbound/util.lua"]:55: (AssetException) Error loading asset /artwork/humanoid/actor3/default/sexbound_contraceptivepatch.png

And then there's this one, which i can't make heads or tails of:

stack traceback:
        [C]: in ?
        [C]: in field 'imageSize'
        [string "/scripts/sexbound/util.lua"]:55: in field 'imageExists'
        [string "/scripts/sexbound/lib/sexbound/actor/apparel/..."]:67: in method 'loadApparel'
        [string "/scripts/sexbound/lib/sexbound/actor/apparel/..."]:23: in method 'resetParts'
        [string "/scripts/sexbound/lib/sexbound/actor/apparel...."]:90: in local 'func'
        [string "/scripts/util.lua"]:141: in field 'each'
        [string "/scripts/sexbound/lib/sexbound/actor/apparel...."]:89: in method 'resetParts'
        [string "/scripts/sexbound/lib/sexbound/actor.lua"]:188: in method 'resetParts'
        [string "/scripts/sexbound/lib/sexbound/actor.lua"]:87: in method 'reset'
        [string "/scripts/sexbound/lib/sexbound.lua"]:619: in local 'callback'
        [string "/scripts/sexbound/lib/sexbound.lua"]:452: in method 'forEachActor'
        [string "/scripts/sexbound/lib/sexbound.lua"]:616: in method 'resetAllActors'
        [string "/scripts/sexbound/lib/sexbound.lua"]:311: in function <[string "/scripts/sexbound/lib/sexbound.lua"]:275>
        (...tail calls...)

But else everything is working as it should ... on my end at least.

3 hours ago, Stravas said:

I'm having an issue since the update, where if futa is enabled (even if you exclude male or npc individually or together) where the males of any race (ncp) no longer have genitals, of any kind. This may just be my inexperience with mods, but just figured I'd post it in case I'm not the only one having the issue.

If you mean when males are not as nodes, Then that's just body texture replacement. If your using a mod like "Get rid of that underwear" or one of the other steam workshop mods, then my suggestion is to just yeet the content file from that mod into the mods folder of starbound, unpack it via a BAT file, and then replace Sexbound's humanoid human textures if it's humans having the issue and only humans, with the ones from whatever mod you normally would use for nudity. If it's not that, then Idk what it could be. Likely something only you are experiencing tho. Logs would also help to have in the event that the game might be signifying what is going on, in the logs.

2 hours ago, RenaTheAvali said:

If you mean when males are not as nodes, Then that's just body texture replacement. If your using a mod like "Get rid of that underwear" or one of the other steam workshop mods, then my suggestion is to just yeet the content file from that mod into the mods folder of starbound, unpack it via a BAT file, and then replace Sexbound's humanoid human textures if it's humans having the issue and only humans, with the ones from whatever mod you normally would use for nudity. If it's not that, then Idk what it could be. Likely something only you are experiencing tho. Logs would also help to have in the event that the game might be signifying what is going on, in the logs.

To be clear, the npc does turn into a node, functions normally and animates normally. Female futas do have their penis if used, males do not have a penis. Any male, of any race, during the sex animation. This is with futa completely disabled. I didn't post a log because I couldn't find a single error or warning that wasn't expected or explained, so upon further testing all males (including player) don't have a penis haha. It's just smooth down there during the animation. So I made a male character and got this in my log

[04:50:40.471] [Error] Could not load image asset '/humanoid/human/horn/8.png', using placeholder default.
(AssetException) No such asset '/humanoid/human/horn/8.png'
[04:50:40.473] [Error] Could not load image asset '/humanoid/human/horn/8.png:normal', using placeholder default.
(AssetException) No associated frames file found for image '/humanoid/human/horn/8.png' while resolving image frame '/humanoid/human/horn/8.png:normal'

Now when I install a sexbound update, I delete all of the previous content before installing the new content, (I don't use the replace function) best guess is that it's missing from the download. I have also confirmed with the other person who plays with me (and uses the same installing formats) that they too are missing genitals from all males. If it were a mod conflict I'd expect to see that in the log, instead of a missing asset error. (I did re-install twice to see if it was some oversight on my part.) Hope this helps! Thank you.

So, is it normal upon updating this mod to 5.4.1 to have the outpost just missing stuff? like all the furniture up top, the teleporters, even penguin pete? also the starting world to have unbreakable blocks at some point (didn't find it in the current log attached)

I would provide screenshots of the outpost, but not sure how to add em (do i attach em just like the log?)

EDIT: so after looking up a guide on repairing saves i think it was cause i removed the "Go F*** Yourself" mod (didn't seem to work even with 5.4.0), so i started over (yet again) by deleting the contents of storage/player and storage/universe folders, and am testing it, but not yet reached the outpost (too late to talk me out of it, the deed is done) (still have those screenshots from before if anyone is interested)

2nd edit: on my way to the abandoned mine (i presume) i manage to find a mushroom house with a lack of furniture.

starbound.log

2 hours ago, ptmc2112 said:

also the starting world to have unbreakable blocks at some point (didn't find it in the current log attached)

Same here but thought it was caused by me terraforming the whole planet, creating a dyson sphere in the process.
i used admin commands to remove the protection from surrounding tiles but have to keep doing that, what is annoying.

Edit:
There's now a lot of Retrieved Controller Id: XXXX in the log.

I also have the protected blocks problem after i put loungeableaddon or any sexbound item.

Plus: The new POV mode made me excited that i just wanted to  experience things, i found out if it can get subgender on pov.lua script somehow, then replacing female genital with male penis (i tested that out with simply replacing genital with "male") which i think dev team also intents to i hope.

-- Update actor1Images
    local actor1Gender = self.actors[1].gender or "male"
    local actor1Species = self.actors[1].species or "human"
    local actor1IsFuta = self.actors[1].getIdentity().sxbSubGender or actor1Gender
    self.actor1Images.body = "/artwork/pov/actor1/" .. actor1Species .. "/body_" .. actor1Gender .. ".png"
    self.actor1Images.bodyOverlay = "/artwork/pov/actor1/" .. actor1Species .. "/body_" .. actor1Gender ..
    "_overlay.png"
    self.actor1Images.hands = "/artwork/pov/actor1/" .. actor1Species .. "/hands.png"
    self.actor1Images.genital = "/artwork/pov/actor1/" .. actor1Species .. "/genital_" .. actor1IsFuta .. ".png"

Currently not working though. (I want to point out that i dont intend to change scripts and share them somewhere else) @Locuturus Thank you for the awesome mod.

2 hours ago, RenaTheAvali said:

Most of the work tends to be in actually making the pixel animations themselves for this.

Wouldn' help much though if no one can select them or the mod doesn't choose (randomly) from a list for the chosen position.

My one attempt at starting a brand new game (with wiped player and universe folders) on sexbound 5.4.1 log (i quit at the mushroom house that lacked furniture, didn't even make it to the gate)

You can tell it protected the world at some point, probably when i was digging at places far from the gate, had to use what little ropes i had to go over the hill)

Log also shows where furniture simply didn't get placed that should have been placed on world/universe generation (whenever it happens)

starbound.log

i can not recommend using older versions, even if they are still available as legacy, as then the author gets reduced feedback on the latest version, what negativly affects development.

2 hours ago, CGi said:

i can not recommend using older versions, even if they are still available as legacy, as then the author gets reduced feedback on the latest version, what negativly affects development.

Then again, that's what people who test things solely for testing them, are for. Those who will test the most recent version to *find* the bugs as quickly as possible, will do so if they wanna, but I can understand your concern, tho legacy versions are still available solely for the sake of well... for mods that no longer are being updated and only use up to specific versions of Sexbound.

I'm also experiencing the vanishing outpost issue, it's compounded by settlements spawning empty shells of houses with no furniture inside and the world randomly becoming unbreakable. I think it happened after I tried installing lustbound again, I figured it was a mistake I made since I'm technologically inept.

The shops that appear here are a result of me visiting the outpost before installing the mods.

ignore the screen tearing in some of the shots I was using snipping tool because I don't know how to screenshot.

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Capture4.PNG

Capture5.PNG

starbound.log