3 hours ago, GoldenRain said:

TY.  I've noticed this with other mods as well.  I'll have to keep this in mind while playing.  How did you fix this?...  for other modders so that they have a possible answer to the same problem

Most mods that use silent dialogue have their own custom voice types, and all of the silent lines are associated with those voices.  To make actors speak the lines, the mod temporarily overrides the actor's own voice type.  They do this by putting the actors into Quest Aliases with a Forced Voice Type.  This allows the actor's own voice type to be overridden without changing the actor record itself.  You put the actor in the alias, a scene happens, then you take the actor out again and their voice goes back to normal.

The problem can arise if you leave the actor in the alias for too long, so that they end up trying to speak vanilla lines while their own voice is overridden.  Since the vanilla lines don't exist in the custom voice, the game can't play audio and instead just shows subtitles.

In SEU's case, I removed the forced voice type from the Companion alias in the flirtation dialogue quest, since the Companion doesn't actually speak any lines in that quest.  I had a similar issue with doctors in the FPE "Find the Father" quest.  I fixed that by only putting the Doctor into the alias when needed, instead of for the duration of the quest.

On 3/9/2020 at 5:55 PM, EgoBallistic said:

Most mods that use silent dialogue have their own custom voice types, and all of the silent lines are associated with those voices.  To make actors speak the lines, the mod temporarily overrides the actor's own voice type.  They do this by putting the actors into Quest Aliases with a Forced Voice Type.  This allows the actor's own voice type to be overridden without changing the actor record itself.  You put the actor in the alias, a scene happens, then you take the actor out again and their voice goes back to normal.

The problem can arise if you leave the actor in the alias for too long, so that they end up trying to speak vanilla lines while their own voice is overridden.  Since the vanilla lines don't exist in the custom voice, the game can't play audio and instead just shows subtitles.

In SEU's case, I removed the forced voice type from the Companion alias in the flirtation dialogue quest, since the Companion doesn't actually speak any lines in that quest.  I had a similar issue with doctors in the FPE "Find the Father" quest.  I fixed that by only putting the Doctor into the alias when needed, instead of for the duration of the quest.

ty

New Version 1.02 Uploaded

• Actors will now stay in place between the end of the dialogue and the start of the animation
  • Fixed bug where SEU was overriding the default AAF excluded tags, which could sometimes result in poses being chosen for scenes

As always, the mod will self-update when you install the new version; there is no need for a clean save.

Note that AAF SEU Version 1.02 was built with Creation Kit version 1.10.162.  This means AAF SEU version 1.02 requires Fallout 4 version 1.10.162 or newer.  Older versions of Fallout 4 will not be able to load the esp.

1 hour ago, EconomicPolicy said:

Every time I try and masturbate, my game goes into an infinite loading screen. Is this a sign from God? 

Only if your character wears braces.

It actually means there is a problem with the XML for the masturbation animation AAF is trying to play, causing AAF to get hung up.  In the past this would happen if you had Stats enabled in AAF Themes, but nowadays with all of the XML patches going around (One Patch, Indarello's, etc.) it's hard to be sure.

11 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

Only if your character wears braces.

It actually means there is a problem with the XML for the masturbation animation AAF is trying to play, causing AAF to get hung up.  In the past this would happen if you had Stats enabled in AAF Themes, but nowadays with all of the XML patches going around (One Patch, Indarello's, etc.) it's hard to be sure.

It's hard for us non-modders to seem to get something working since there's so many different patches now and a lot of people are fairweather modders for Fallout 4 which leads to a lot of unknowingly dead or broken mods. Some of them are obviously problems, but others just seem to always cause problem. I just wish we could get one patch that would address all the current issues.

I was using this just fine until one instance failed to play (pc on flat ground, npc one foot on bed one foot off) and it hasn't worked since. I had to use task manager because I couldn't move. I could rotate the camera, but that's it. I tried remapping, reinstalling, uninstalling and playing without then reinstalling, nothing seems to work. Is there anything I can do to fix it?

28 minutes ago, EconomicPolicy said:

It's hard for us non-modders to seem to get something working since there's so many different patches now and a lot of people are fairweather modders for Fallout 4 which leads to a lot of unknowingly dead or broken mods. Some of them are obviously problems, but others just seem to always cause problem. I just wish we could get one patch that would address all the current issues.

I agree the patch situation is problematic.  It is being worked on, but the author of the One Patch to Bang them All had to slow down on modding for personal reasons.

11 minutes ago, Oracle of Change said:

I was using this just fine until one instance failed to play (pc on flat ground, npc one foot on bed one foot off) and it hasn't worked since. I had to use task manager because I couldn't move. I could rotate the camera, but that's it. I tried remapping, reinstalling, uninstalling and playing without then reinstalling, nothing seems to work. Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Can you try flirting with an NPC and then post your script log?

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

I can't help but be reminded of this engineering take on Gödel's second incompleteness theorem: https://xkcd.com/927/

There's always a relevant xkcd. I think one of the biggest problems with a lot of the mods on these forums is that everyone of them tries to do everything. It's funny to see how many of these mods have combat surrender integration. Things are currently overlapping and the problem is not really getting better. However, I think I could be happy with less mods so long as I can find a way to avoid the infinite loading screen when it comes to some of the mods. I know it's an issue with AAF, but I wish I had an idea on what single animation pack I can use that won't give me issues so I don't have to worry about using any one large patch.

18 minutes ago, EconomicPolicy said:

It's funny to see how many of these mods have combat surrender integration.

I know of at least five, yeah (granted one's on Nexus). I play with three of them and disable the combat surrender features in all but one (well, also there's sort of a sixth and seventh I keep enabled, but the ways in which they implement some kinds of surrender don't conflict with the generic surrender mod I'm using and have effective behavior toggles).

Obviously don't try to play with every mod on the site installed, that would be a nightmare. There are combinations which work out fairly well though so long as you selectively disable competing features in them, enable compatibility options or install additional patches which make them work better together.

In the cases of mods which have been abandoned by their authors, in the best cases their source code was made available along with permission for anyone who wants to be able to pick them up and carry on. In less ideal cases, popular abandoned mods get update patches from others which can be layered on to keep them working.

I agree that some of the best mods are the ones with a focus of scope, they do the one thing they were designed for and do it well. That said, it would be nice if some of them took more advantage of integrating with support mods (and if those were consolidated better so that mod authors would agree on using the same ones). It seems like things are heading that direction, it's just taking time.

13 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Obviously don't try to play with every mod on the site installed, that would be a nightmare. There are combinations which work out fairly well though so long as you selectively disable competing features in them, enable compatibility options or install additional patches which make them work better together.

I've actually tried to cut out quite a bit of mods. I'm trying to focus on Ego's mods here on LL and some from Nexus. They all seem to integrate fairly well, but I'm just running into AAF issues which I assume more have to do with the fact that AAF and various animations are an absolute mess right now due to the patchwork of XMLs and patches trying to fix the issue. I wish their was a recommended list as opposed to the install guide because even that page with the install guide doesn't make a stable system.

44 minutes ago, EconomicPolicy said:

I've actually tried to cut out quite a bit of mods. I'm trying to focus on Ego's mods here on LL and some from Nexus. They all seem to integrate fairly well, but I'm just running into AAF issues which I assume more have to do with the fact that AAF and various animations are an absolute mess right now due to the patchwork of XMLs and patches trying to fix the issue. I wish their was a recommended list as opposed to the install guide because even that page with the install guide doesn't make a stable system.

Hop into the AAF Discord and ask in one of the help channels (if you're going to be posting screenshots, then probably the NSFW help channel). Folks there have been maintaining up-to-date installation order lists and ought to be able to get you sorted (pun intended).

1 hour ago, Oracle of Change said:

did it a few times with the companions I was with, even dismissing them.

Aha.  When the animation failed, AAF never removed the actor-busy keyword from your character.  So SEU thinks you're unavailable for animations.

[03/15/2020 - 01:31:53AM] AAF SEU Debug: OnControlUp has started
[03/15/2020 - 01:31:53AM] AAF SEU Debug: OnControlUp has determined player is in an AAF scene, ABORTING

You can clear this up.  Open the console and enter the following two commands exactly as below, including the quotation marks:

prid 14

callfunction "objectreference.removekeyword" aaf_actorbusy

This should allow the hotkey to work again.

1 hour ago, Oracle of Change said:

I did as instructed, and it does bring up the dialogue. However it doesn't play any of the animations. I've included the papyrus if you need that at all.

You sent me an old log file - the one named papyrus.0.log is always the newest.  However, I suspect AAF is still hosed up, so SEU's dialogue works but animation calls don't do anything.  To get it going again, try this:

Open the console and issue the command

stopquest AAF_MainQuest

then exit the console, wait a few seconds, go back into console, and issue the command

startquest AAF_MainQuest

After this, you should see the AAF startup messages, and animations should work again.

I'm trying to create an integration of this mod and mine. However, I've run into a problem - whenever I try to recompile scripts of this mod, the compiler fails on AAF imports and related forms (even if I did not change anything). Any hints on how to proceed? Tried including AAF.esm of course when working in CK and it didn't help.

My hope is to change CHR/AGI/END pay to the SAF values, but it can't be done without changing the scripts.

P.S. I'm working with CK the first time, honestly and I've only managed to create simple quest scripts for my mod (such as startup sequence of setting some stuff for the framework).

Hello!  Great mod, but I am not sure if it’s the mod, or a bug.  The actors have no voice, there is animation for the lips as if they are talking, but no sound.  Is this correct or do I have an issue?

edit: oops, I see that this is a problem that’s happened to others.  What’s an easy fix for beginners?

1 minute ago, NormandP2001 said:

Hello!  Great mod, but I am not sure if it’s the mod, or a bug.  The actors have no voice, there is animation for the lips as if they are talking, but no sound.  Is this correct or do I have an issue?

It is correct.  The mod uses silent voice files with lip-sync.  The dialogue has subtitles, so you should turn on subtitles in your game settings so you can see them.

Hey, Ego. I was wondering what I should modify so that kisses are not gender neutral. I mean, every time Nora kisses someone from Raider Pet, the man takes the feminine position, hehe. I have your XML patch installed.

Spoiler

2.png.4916feb0d9f52a93ce6dd0b1bc1f4307.png

5 hours ago, JBpy said:

Hey, Ego. I was wondering what I should modify so that kisses are not gender neutral. I mean, every time Nora kisses someone from Raider Pet, the man takes the feminine position, hehe. I have your XML patch installed.

Hah!  I never thought of that one.

You'll need to edit SexEmUp_animationData.xml.  For the first 4 animations, which are from Atomic Lust, make the first actor female:

<animation id="Atomic Embrace" frames="400">
    <actor gender="F">
        <idle form="020044D7" id="AtomicEmbraceF" source="Atomic Lust.esp"/>
    </actor>
    <actor gender="">
        <idle form="020044D8" id="AtomicEmbraceM" source="Atomic Lust.esp"/>
    </actor>
</animation>

RufGT's old animations had the genders reversed, so make the second actor female in those 3 animations:

<animation id="Kissing" time="60">
    <actor gender="">
        <idle form="0100359A" id="KissingStandingA" source="rufgt's Animations.esp"/>
    </actor>
    <actor gender="F">
        <idle form="0100359B" id="KissingStandingB" source="rufgt's Animations.esp"/>
    </actor>
</animation>

That will force the female to always use the feminine position if the animation is played with a male and a female.  If you leave the other actor genderless, the animations will continue to work in F/F scenes as well.