8 minutes ago, anbforest said:

Thanks LukeDuke! It is the latest version I can find on the nexus, is there a better place I can download AAF from?

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/31304

That's "AAF Beta 97" which I think is what you have installed per your papyrus log, but in the text of your post you said "AAF-Beta-79" so presumably just a typo.

44 minutes ago, anbforest said:

AAF/SEU sequences start just fine, but during fight scenes I am crashing-to-desktop, and this mod consistently appears to be the last logged message (within the minute the crash).

The messages from SEU in that log are normal startup messages.  The last one is just the message indicating that AAF sent out its "Ready" event which means it finished loading everything.  After that SEU sits in the background doing nothing until you wake it up by using the active or passive hotkey.  It doesn't react to combat at all.  Those FPFP_* messages from AAF FPE are likewise normal.

Papyrus logs are useful for finding bugs and script errors, but they are not a good tool for finding the cause of a CTD.  If an event appears in the logs, then the game was able to handle it and log it.  Anything that causes the game to crash is probably not logged because the game will have crashed before it could log the event.

As far as I know, I'm using the latest of everything, within a clean save (remove all mods, save, reload that with latest mods enabled)

That's never a good idea.  Removing scripted mods can leave invalid properties and running functions in your save, which can interfere with the mod when you install the later version.  And my mods never need a "clean" save to update them anyway, you just update the mod files and the mod updates itself when you load your save.

1 hour ago, EgoBallistic said:

As far as I know, I'm using the latest of everything, within a clean save (remove all mods, save, reload that with latest mods enabled)

That's never a good idea.  Removing scripted mods can leave invalid properties and running functions in your save, which can interfere with the mod when you install the later version.

For mods where I'm concerned things may get into a gnarly state, I keep a never-modded save just inside the Valul 111 entrance after obtaining the Pip-Boy but before entering the elevator. I also have a checklist of all the non-default MCM options, console commands and whatever else I want applied relevant to the mods I'm using and then redo those after loading that save with all my mods installed. Probably overkill, but I like to be able to easily test different combinations to rule out subtle and otherwise hard-to-diagnose conflicts between mods.

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

For mods where I'm concerned things may get into a gnarly state, I keep a never-modded save just inside the Valul 111 entrance after obtaining the Pip-Boy but before entering the elevator. I also have a checklist of all the non-default MCM options, console commands and whatever else I want applied relevant to the mods I'm using and then redo those after loading that save with all my mods installed. Probably overkill, but I like to be able to easily test different combinations to rule out subtle and otherwise hard-to-diagnose conflicts between mods.

I respect how organized you are!

After a few reruns I started keeping an extra save after I meeting Nick Valentine. But an MCM settings checklist is just good sense. I'll be be doing that from here on out.

It's like they say - there are two types of computer users. those who have lost data, and those who will lose data :).

15 minutes ago, anbforest said:

After a few reruns I started keeping an extra save after I meeting Nick Valentine

Yep, I tend to keep some checkpoint saves at various places as well for testing, but some mods are focused on early game activities and kick in at vault exit time so the early save is helpful there. Other (probably obvious) tips:

* save your character design in a LooksMenu preset for easy reapplication

* use Transfer Settlements to blueprint your settlement designs so you can reapply those easily as well

* use the console to warp to diamondcityext03 so you can bypass trekking there (but not directly to the entrance or Piper's dialogue won't start), I prefer to just skip past the Minutemen entirely and come back to them later in the game

* Shortcut to Curie is a great mod if you want to be able to pick her up faster as a companion (you can force the locked elevator door as soon as you enter Vault 81 and bypass all the mole rats), and then complete her synth transformation in Goodneighbor as soon as you get her affinity high enough without any ties to the main quest

* the Combat Zone Restored mod makes it far easier to recruit Cait at low levels because you don't need to fight the countless raiders in there

12 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

Based on your description it sounds like a file physically changed on your drive - I can't see any other way that a save that used to work suddenly would stop working.

Can you make this happen again and post your script log?  Please try it first with the crosshairs, then try again with the area scan, so that the log will show what happens in both cases.

Here's a screen shot and the script log, for the default crosshairs mode...

image.thumb.png.2d34e63641db9a528a1959fc3eb047a3.png

Papyrus.0.log

13 hours ago, Carradon said:

Here's a screen shot and the script log, for the default crosshairs mode...

As I expected, the LLFP library isn't loading:

Spoiler

[10/13/2019 - 06:37:38PM] error: Native static function PrintConsole could find no matching static function on linked type LL_fourPlay. Function will not be bound.
[10/13/2019 - 06:37:38PM] error: Native static function GetActorBaseSkinForm could find no matching static function on linked type LL_fourPlay. Function will not be bound.
[10/13/2019 - 06:37:38PM] error: Native static function ActorBaseIsClean could find no matching static function on linked type LL_fourPlay. Function will not be bound.
[10/13/2019 - 06:37:38PM] error: Native static function ObjectReferenceSetSimpleDisplayName could find no matching static function on linked type LL_fourPlay. Function will not be bound.
[10/13/2019 - 06:37:38PM] error: Native static function LastCrossHairActor could find no matching static function on linked type LL_fourPlay. Function will not be bound.
[10/13/2019 - 06:37:38PM] error: Native static function LastCrossHairRef could find no matching static function on linked type LL_fourPlay. Function will not be bound.
[10/13/2019 - 06:37:38PM] error: Native static function DelKeywordFromForm could find no matching static function on linked type LL_fourPlay. Function will not be bound.
[10/13/2019 - 06:37:38PM] error: Native static function GetInLeveledItem could find no matching static function on linked type LL_fourPlay. Function will not be bound.
[10/13/2019 - 06:37:38PM] error: Native static function ResizeVarArray2 could find no matching static function on linked type LL_fourPlay. Function will not be bound.
[10/13/2019 - 06:37:38PM] error: Native static function ResetCustomConfigOptions could find no matching static function on linked type LL_fourPlay. Function will not be bound.
[10/13/2019 - 06:37:38PM] error: Native static function SetCustomConfigOptions could find no matching static function on linked type LL_fourPlay. Function will not be bound.
[10/13/2019 - 06:37:38PM] error: Native static function GetCustomConfigSections could find no matching static function on linked type LL_fourPlay. Function will not be bound.
[10/13/2019 - 06:37:38PM] error: Native static function GetCustomConfigOptions could find no matching static function on linked type LL_fourPlay. Function will not be bound.

which leads to an error when SEU tries to do a crosshair scan:

Spoiler

[10/13/2019 - 06:37:50PM] AAF SEU Debug: ActiveFunction Started
[10/13/2019 - 06:37:50PM] AAF SEU Debug: GetActorUnderCrosshairs has started
[10/13/2019 - 06:37:50PM] error: Static function LastCrossHairActor not found on object LL_fourPlay. Aborting call and returning None
stack:
    [SEUQuest (3E003D33)].SEUMainScript.GetActorUnderCrosshairs() - "E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\SEUMainScript.psc" Line 195
    [SEUQuest (3E003D33)].SEUMainScript.ActiveFunction() - "E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\SEUMainScript.psc" Line 333
    [SEUQuest (3E003D33)].SEUMainScript.OnControlUp() - "E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\SEUMainScript.psc" Line 244
[10/13/2019 - 06:37:50PM] AAF SEU Debug: GetActorUnderCrosshairs has not found anyone viable, returning NONE

So most likely your version of AAF doesn't match your version of F4SE, or something else is causing the LLFP dll not to load.

13 hours ago, Carradon said:

same deal, screen shot and papyrus log, this time for area scan, with crosshairs off Cait...

That's not how this works.  You have to go into SEU's MCM and change the Hotkey Mode to Area Scan.  You are still using the crosshair scan:

Spoiler

[10/13/2019 - 06:37:50PM] error: Static function LastCrossHairActor not found on object LL_fourPlay. Aborting call and returning None
stack:
    [SEUQuest (3E003D33)].SEUMainScript.GetActorUnderCrosshairs() - "E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\SEUMainScript.psc" Line 195
    [SEUQuest (3E003D33)].SEUMainScript.ActiveFunction() - "E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\SEUMainScript.psc" Line 333
    [SEUQuest (3E003D33)].SEUMainScript.OnControlUp() - "E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\SEUMainScript.psc" Line 244
[10/13/2019 - 06:37:50PM] AAF SEU Debug: GetActorUnderCrosshairs has not found anyone viable, returning NONE

11 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

That's not how this works.  You have to go into SEU's MCM and change the Hotkey Mode to Area Scan.  You are still using the crosshair scan:

Reveal hidden contents

stack:

No, I changed it... but i wanted to make sure that there was no dot on her is all.

14 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

As I expected, the LLFP library isn't loading:

Reveal hidden contents

[10/13/2019 - 06:37:38PM] error: Native static function PrintConsole could find no matching static function on linked type LL_fourPlay. Function will not be bound.
[10/13/2019 - 06:37:38PM] error: Native static function GetActorBaseSkinForm could find no matching static function on linked type LL_fourPlay. Function will not be bound.
[10/13/2019 - 06:37:38PM] error: Native static function ActorBaseIsClean could find no matching static function on linked type LL_fourPlay. Function will not be bound.
[10/13/2019 - 06:37:38PM] error: Native static function ObjectReferenceSetSimpleDisplayName could find no matching static function on linked type LL_fourPlay. Function will not be bound.
[10/13/2019 - 06:37:38PM] error: Native static function LastCrossHairActor could find no matching static function on linked type LL_fourPlay. Function will not be bound.
[10/13/2019 - 06:37:38PM] error: Native static function LastCrossHairRef could find no matching static function on linked type LL_fourPlay. Function will not be bound.
[10/13/2019 - 06:37:38PM] error: Native static function DelKeywordFromForm could find no matching static function on linked type LL_fourPlay. Function will not be bound.
[10/13/2019 - 06:37:38PM] error: Native static function GetInLeveledItem could find no matching static function on linked type LL_fourPlay. Function will not be bound.
[10/13/2019 - 06:37:38PM] error: Native static function ResizeVarArray2 could find no matching static function on linked type LL_fourPlay. Function will not be bound.
[10/13/2019 - 06:37:38PM] error: Native static function ResetCustomConfigOptions could find no matching static function on linked type LL_fourPlay. Function will not be bound.
[10/13/2019 - 06:37:38PM] error: Native static function SetCustomConfigOptions could find no matching static function on linked type LL_fourPlay. Function will not be bound.
[10/13/2019 - 06:37:38PM] error: Native static function GetCustomConfigSections could find no matching static function on linked type LL_fourPlay. Function will not be bound.
[10/13/2019 - 06:37:38PM] error: Native static function GetCustomConfigOptions could find no matching static function on linked type LL_fourPlay. Function will not be bound.

which leads to an error when SEU tries to do a crosshair scan:

Reveal hidden contents

stack:

So most likely your version of AAF doesn't match your version of F4SE, or something else is causing the LLFP dll not to load.

F4SE hasn't changed in quite some time, not since the last F4 update months ago, so far as I know, and all was running cool a week ago now.  That said, my AAF was version 92 or 93, from August, and they have one on nexus that was posted 19 Sep, version 97, so I downloaded it into MO2... and that seems to have fixed things.  Not sure if the file structure would have changed without my knowing it last week (I've never been able to get the MO2 auto-update function to work since it doesn't connect with nexus properly), but putting in the updated AAF corrected whatever the problem was...

So thanks much for pointing me in the right direction one way or another.  I really do appreciate it!

• 3 weeks later...

One thing that has NEVER worked (not yer fault) is the whole "follow me to a private area" thing. No matter whether it's your version or someone else's.

SO! I propose we use that slot to allow multiple partners! 4-way, 5-way, 6-way.

:love: :thumbsup:

EDIT: Also, does Violate allow for 4-ways & up?

15 minutes ago, VonHelton said:

One thing that has NEVER worked (not yer fault) is the whole "follow me to a private area" thing. No matter whether it's your version or someone else's.

That function works fine.  I've never had any issues with it and I don't think anyone has ever reported any problems with it.

15 minutes ago, VonHelton said:

Also, does Violate allow for 4-ways & up?

Yes.  You need SavageCabbage's animations installed, and obviously you need gangbangs enabled in MCM.

20190601101937_1.thumb.jpg.46ec9bb9ea302ea544d4c73c083f4e1c.jpg  20190601041719_1.thumb.jpg.437037d5d79074cea88e6023fc83212c.jpg

18 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

That function works fine.  I've never had any issues with it and I don't think anyone has ever reported any problems with it.

Even if I'm lucky enough to get them to follow me (roughly 40% of the time) we don't do anything, despite the dialog.

:cold_sweat:

Will SEU support gangbangs soon?

:no_mouth:

Information:

There is a new mod called “Settler and Companion Dialogue Overhaul”, which like Player Comments and Head Tracking stops the dialogue selection in SEU but unlike PCHT doesn’t have a toggle to enable/disable in-game.

Reply from the author Thuggysmurf after I asked if they would consider adding a toggle

If you want to run a sex mod, that's fine, no judgement. Just put it lower in load order if you want the sex mod controlling the dialogue scene rather than SCDO. The rest of the SCDO functionality will still work as normal. There are no plans to make this mod require the Fallout 4 Script Extender., which MCM requires. Modders on LoversLab have altered my mods before, and if someone wants to make a patch to sex up this one as well, go for it.

On 11/10/2019 at 6:01 AM, Agnot2014 said:

Information:

There is a new mod called “Settler and Companion Dialogue Overhaul”, which like Player Comments and Head Tracking stops the dialogue selection in SEU but unlike PCHT doesn’t have a toggle to enable/disable in-game.

Reply from the author Thuggysmurf after I asked if they would consider adding a toggle

Hide contents

If you want to run a sex mod, that's fine, no judgement. Just put it lower in load order if you want the sex mod controlling the dialogue scene rather than SCDO. The rest of the SCDO functionality will still work as normal. There are no plans to make this mod require the Fallout 4 Script Extender., which MCM requires. Modders on LoversLab have altered my mods before, and if someone wants to make a patch to sex up this one as well, go for it.

So this will allow gang bangs in SEU?

:no_mouth:

On 10/13/2019 at 11:26 AM, pepejp24 said:

I had the same problem with aaf blocking at 30%, also after reinstalling the mods, something strange for me my concern came from "AAF - The One Patch to Bang Them All", as soon as I disabled it my loading aaf returned to normal. After x manip everything is back to normal (without me really understanding why)

ps: I haven't touched anything about SEU.

Just for giggles, disable all Leito stuff & see what happens........I just tried it myself.

:cool:

On 11/10/2019 at 6:01 AM, Agnot2014 said:

Information:

Reveal hidden contents

Looks like ThuggySmurf didn't understand the question.

Those two mods interfere with SEU because SEU blocks hotkey activation if the player is in a running dialogue scene.  SEU does this because dialogue scenes are normally part of quests, and forcing the player out of a running scene is a sure way to break a quest. 

Both of those mods use scenes in a way they were never intended to be used, and use them all over the place.  They modified one-way topics, like hellos and observations, and made them launch two-way dialogue scenes that force you to headtrack and respond to the speaker.  So you can get randomly pulled into a scene any time you walk past an NPC. 

PCHT at least had the good graces to include a toggle, but SCDO evidently does not.  It may not even be possible to include a toggle in SCDO.  Regardless, load order won't fix this.  It's not a question of a mod conflict; SEU doesn't modify any vanilla records at all.

You can still use SEU despite SCDO, you just need to wait until whatever scene SCDO launched is over and then use the hotkey.

54 minutes ago, VonHelton said:

So this will allow gang bangs in SEU?

This has absolutely nothing to do with gang bangs in SEU.

51 minutes ago, VonHelton said:

Just for giggles, disable all Leito stuff & see what happens........I just tried it myself.

It's not Leito causing problems, it's whichever patch that modifies or replaces Leito's XML that is causing problems.

54 minutes ago, EgoBallistic said:

Looks like ThuggySmurf didn't understand the question.

Those two mods interfere with SEU because SEU blocks hotkey activation if the player is in a running dialogue scene.  SEU does this because dialogue scenes are normally part of quests, and forcing the player out of a running scene is a sure way to break a quest. 

Both of those mods use scenes in a way they were never intended to be used, and use them all over the place.  They modified one-way topics, like hellos and observations, and made them launch two-way dialogue scenes that force you to headtrack and respond to the speaker.  So you can get randomly pulled into a scene any time you walk past an NPC. 

PCHT at least had the good graces to include a toggle, but SCDO evidently does not.  It may not even be possible to include a toggle in SCDO.  Regardless, load order won't fix this.  It's not a question of a mod conflict; SEU doesn't modify any vanilla records at all.

You can still use SEU despite SCDO, you just need to wait until whatever scene SCDO launched is over and then use the hotkey.

Thank you so much for the technical clarification which I was hoping for.

Personally with SCDO running I tried to for ages to try and get an opening to select an SEU topic which never happened. I had to give up in the end and remove SCDO.

Hopefully Thuggysmurf will see this and understand.

20 hours ago, Agnot2014 said:

Personally with SCDO running I tried to for ages to try and get an opening to select an SEU topic which never happened.

I think something else is going on on your end.

I disabled my other dialogue mods (Deeper Thoughts - Curie and Icebreaker - Settlements) and installed Settler and Companion Dialogue Overhaul.  And everything worked perfectly.  I tried with companions, I tried with random people in Diamond City, and I tried in a couple of crowded settlements.  The SEU hotkeys worked just as expected.  Even if I hit the hotkey while a settler was talking, as soon as their line finished the SEU dialogue started ("Hey...").

20191112080054_1.thumb.jpg.ea962b532d6fe5c6c91719606f2d555c.jpg 20191112080058_1.thumb.jpg.7e9b5d2f241ed3ce59821d380dedb7b1.jpg

Can you post a script log of your issue happening so I can maybe see what is going on?  Could be something else preventing the SEU dialogue from starting.

And apologies to @thuggysmurf for jumping the gun and blaming his mod.