[mod] [CK2] Luxuria Fantasia - Updated: 23AUG20

57 minutes ago, lockeslylcrit said:

I honestly don't mind healthy debates. It did give me stuff to think about for future updates.

That's cool. I really don't know why I was going so in depth on it though. I just saw that a few folks asked where it was, which seemed to indicate that some missed, saw the CPU load mentioned a couple times, and got curious about the issue.

Next thing I know, I'm validating why someone could be interested in it, and talking about it's original concept and stuff. It then seemed to me that I was almost trying to validate why it should still be there, and that wasn't my intention at all.

12 minutes ago, dewguru said:

That's cool. I really don't know why I was going so in depth on it though. I just saw that a few folks asked where it was, which seemed to indicate that some missed, saw the CPU load mentioned a couple times, and got curious about the issue.

Next thing I know, I'm validating why someone could be interested in it, and talking about it's original concept and stuff. It then seemed to me that I was almost trying to validate why it should still be there, and that wasn't my intention at all.

It shows you're passionate about your work, which is a good thing.

9 hours ago, dewguru said:

such as improved sale value of slaves

The slavery "training" mechanic was never really well thought out, too many window to open. It should have been a social thing instead of a psychological (ie. "you are now a slave" instead of "let's train you up for 3 months")? The reason being that you can only enslave a prisoner, prisoners get sick and die, if you have 10 prisoners that's 10*3 window to open and close and that same amount later down the timeline.

8 hours ago, lockeslylcrit said:

It didn't make sense for some random courtier to look up your skirt, pull apart your labia and look inside. "Yep, she's a virgin, alright."

That's actually, for the time, the safest way to ensure paternity. Meaning it was pretty commonly done by a midwife and sometimes in "front" of the whole court, hidden only by some curtains, in a way to establish in front of the different courts officials that the woman was indeed pure and the children from the ruler. It was a big deal, and blood needed to be present during the first night. There is a lot of folkloric bullshit around virgins for a reason. I do agree with the rest of your post though. There is no real need to include this kind of stuff in the game, as it is implied like many other things.

I saw that the dragon module was absorbed by the main mod. Is their supposed to be an option to start as one (Full Dragon)? If not then how does one go about becoming one? Also does the dark elf mod and or the absorbed dragon module count as a module for the seeding rule? Thanks in advance.

58 minutes ago, AbdulAl said:

I saw that the dragon module was absorbed by the main mod. Is their supposed to be an option to start as one (Full Dragon)? If not then how does one go about becoming one? Also does the dark elf mod and or the absorbed dragon module count as a module for the seeding rule? Thanks in advance.

All the modules were moved to a separate thread:

If you have the DWSE module installed you can start as a dragon.

Firstly, love your mod!

Secondly, I've looked through the code to find out what I'm supposed to do but I'm at a loss as to how to feed on people as a vampire. I have a wife/lover that I think I should be able to feed on. I've made thralls. I've looked at all the options when I right click their portraits and there is no option that looks like it's for feeding on them and I can't find it anywhere else. Is there something wrong with my mods? Any help is welcome.

2 minutes ago, Mezuthial said:

Firstly, love your mod!

Secondly, I've looked through the code to find out what I'm supposed to do but I'm at a loss as to how to feed on people as a vampire. I have a wife/lover that I think I should be able to feed on. I've made thralls. I've looked at all the options when I right click their portraits and there is no option that looks like it's for feeding on them and I can't find it anywhere else. Is there something wrong with my mods? Any help is welcome.

Feeding was removed when the yearly health loss was removed.

Just as you don't need to tell a human character to manually eat food, it is implied that you nom on people regularly,

20 minutes ago, lockeslylcrit said:

Feeding was removed when the yearly health loss was removed.

Just as you don't need to tell a human character to manually eat food, it is implied that you nom on people regularly,

I see, but how do you regain the health lost from turning people into thralls to feed on? Or did my thralls just die too fast and I should have looked for thralls with larger health pools (like strong trait ones or such) so I could feed on them longer?

3 minutes ago, Mezuthial said:

I see, but how do you regain the health lost from turning people into thralls to feed on? Or did my thralls just die too fast and I should have looked for thralls with larger health pools (like strong trait ones or such) so I could feed on them longer?

I'll be looking into the thrall mechanic in the future

9 hours ago, lockeslylcrit said:

I'll be looking into the thrall mechanic in the future

Thank you! I'm glad you made it so you don't have to feed. Maybe thralls could be drained (IE killed) to reverse aging or regenerate wounds/heal sickness, but require an intrigue check lest the vampire be caught literally red handed?

I noticed that the Wizard tower doesn't "restock" on court mages. Wouldn't that be a good/normal thing? Unless you somehow add that the "Mage" trait can be passed down and you can appoint those who have it to be court mages, and then also allow that to trigger the events that Sorcy and Hermione have... which sounds like a bit of a pain coding wise, though that would be an awesome way to do it.

Maybe have it be that if "person with mage trait" is appointed court wizard "Position 1" then events "Hermoine" trigger and if "Position 2" Sorcy trigger? I don't know, I've seen some of the coding but it's beyond me to fully grasp.

4 hours ago, Mezuthial said:

I noticed that the Wizard tower doesn't "restock" on court mages. Wouldn't that be a good/normal thing? Unless you somehow add that the "Mage" trait can be passed down and you can appoint those who have it to be court mages, and then also allow that to trigger the events that Sorcy and Hermione have... which sounds like a bit of a pain coding wise, though that would be an awesome way to do it.

Maybe have it be that if "person with mage trait" is appointed court wizard "Position 1" then events "Hermoine" trigger and if "Position 2" Sorcy trigger? I don't know, I've seen some of the coding but it's beyond me to fully grasp.

AI mages are kinda useless at the moment since they wont cast any spells. I plan on doing a full rewrite of the magic system to make it more interactive.

On 7/22/2019 at 7:18 PM, bicobus said:

The slavery "training" mechanic was never really well thought out, too many window to open. It should have been a social thing instead of a psychological (ie. "you are now a slave" instead of "let's train you up for 3 months")? The reason being that you can only enslave a prisoner, prisoners get sick and die, if you have 10 prisoners that's 10*3 window to open and close and that same amount later down the timeline.

The chance of them dying was the entire reason I did it that way. People selected as slaves died a lot before they ever even had the chance to fill the role of a slave.

The training thing was an attempt at having some variety, and I'm certain part of the issue is in play styles. I never played a game from the perspective of a mass volume slaver. It was usually just one or two for a need or to build one for high sale potential. So the interface was never cumbersome enough admittedly for me to worry about doing a second large overhaul (if you thought it was window/click heavy in DWR, the original was indeed a nightmare in DW).

On 7/23/2019 at 11:21 AM, lockeslylcrit said:

I dunno. Vanilla CK2 goes with manual direction on humans eating food. I swear every fifth event is me either telling someone that they're eating too much, or they're not eating enough. ?

25 minutes ago, lockeslylcrit said:

The slave training mechanic is perfectly fine as is. No clutter and everything's automatic except choosing which training you want.

I have not experienced the slave mechanic as of late, so I'm not sure about what you are referring to. But on an argumentative basis, what does the training affect? If there are flavor texts, does it stay the same however much characters we enslave? Of what use a slave is? And where are the others? Why can't I go to my slave camp and bring one of them slaves in my court or be presented with a good servant?

See, the issue I had with the enslaving process was how pointless, repetitive (same flavor all the time) and impersonal it was. The end result was always useless garbage. Hell, even vanilla does it better giving you a choice to have a "thrall works" bonus in your capital after a raid by enslaving captives. A slavery system limited to singular characters makes no sense, it has to be broader. There is a need for the representation that an entire class of people are enslave in whatever kingdom allows it, and give the appropriate consequences. If we have slaves and an arena, why can't we have them fight each other? That would be at least one usage for enslaved characters.

Anyway, this is just a bit of rant on a specific mechanic. Slavery as it is present doesn't fit because there is no social narrative present to support it.

3 hours ago, bicobus said:

I have not experienced the slave mechanic as of late, so I'm not sure about what you are referring to. But on an argumentative basis, what does the training affect? If there are flavor texts, does it stay the same however much characters we enslave? Of what use a slave is? And where are the others? Why can't I go to my slave camp and bring one of them slaves in my court or be presented with a good servant?

See, the issue I had with the enslaving process was how pointless, repetitive (same flavor all the time) and impersonal it was. The end result was always useless garbage. Hell, even vanilla does it better giving you a choice to have a "thrall works" bonus in your capital after a raid by enslaving captives. A slavery system limited to singular characters makes no sense, it has to be broader. There is a need for the representation that an entire class of people are enslave in whatever kingdom allows it, and give the appropriate consequences. If we have slaves and an arena, why can't we have them fight each other? That would be at least one usage for enslaved characters.

Anyway, this is just a bit of rant on a specific mechanic. Slavery as it is present doesn't fit because there is no social narrative present to support it.

It sounds like you were looking for a comprehensive slavery system, and well, that was never the real goal. To be honest, it grew more out of being bored with how little you could do with your prisoners. Although there were definitely plans to do more - such as the slaves fighting slaves in the arena - I didn't get to them before I took a long modding break, and now I've opted to leave the mod in lockeslylcrit's hands, and it sounds like you may want to consider getting familiar with how it presently operates if you're going to be providing recommendations related to it.

11 hours ago, dewguru said:

It sounds like you were looking for a comprehensive slavery system, and well, that was never the real goal. To be honest, it grew more out of being bored with how little you could do with your prisoners. Although there were definitely plans to do more - such as the slaves fighting slaves in the arena - I didn't get to them before I took a long modding break, and now I've opted to leave the mod in lockeslylcrit's hands, and it sounds like you may want to consider getting familiar with how it presently operates if you're going to be providing recommendations related to it.

Yes, if I am told there are apples in a basket, but then find out said apples are made of plastic, I would be bothered the same.

As how it presently operate, well, it's the same mechanics but with steps removed. Less clicks, good, but still no purpose and garbage result. A courtier limit has been introduced in vanilla in recent patches, thus every slave might count towards that limit.

My observations are still valid.

48 minutes ago, bicobus said:

Yes, if I am told there are apples in a basket, but then find out said apples are made of plastic, I would be bothered the same.

As how it presently operate, well, it's the same mechanics but with steps removed. Less clicks, good, but still no purpose and garbage result. A courtier limit has been introduced in vanilla in recent patches, thus every slave might count towards that limit.

My observations are still valid.

Well, I don't see where anyone is telling you there are apples in a basket.

There isn't anything on the DWF or even the old DWR main post that indicates there is any kind of deep slavery system.

So instead of someone telling you there are apples in a basket, it's more like you've been invited to partake a buffet, and you were hoping to find apple glazed pork roast as part of the main course, yet found out that the only apple based product in the buffet was applesauce as a side.

1 hour ago, dewguru said:

There isn't anything on the DWF or even the old DWR main post that indicates there is any kind of deep slavery system.

The naming scheme while playing refer to the mechanic as slavery (slave camp, slave trait, etc). Therefore it implies a slavery system exists which isn't exactly present. It could have been called anything else, like thralldom or indentured servitude. And again, it isn't about how deep the system is, but about the social narrative it supports which is apparently inexistent. A deep slavery system would look nothing like the present or anything I alluded to. Slavery in medieval Europe is a very complex subject, and integrating it into the game would induce enough changes that it would overhaul the dynamics of the game.

The system you are referring to isn't one, it's just a tag.

Here is what could have been done instead of the whole "slave camp" and "training" stuff: select a prisoner → send to slave market = monetary gain. We don't need to the whole training business, it just doesn't make sense. If you want to train slaves, there is a better mod for that called Immersive Slave Training & Kidnapping, or with another theme The House of O - A Society for BDSM. You don't need a dungeon to do bdsm, just a partner.

1 hour ago, dewguru said:

So instead of someone telling you there are apples in a basket, it's more like you've been invited to partake a buffet, and you were hoping to find apple glazed pork roast as part of the main course, yet found out that the only apple based product in the buffet was applesauce as a side. 

You miss the point. I say « There is no purpose to those apples. » and you answer with « I never intended to include apples in the first place. ». Yes, I agree. Why are there apples though?

56 minutes ago, bicobus said:

Here is what could have been done instead of the whole "slave camp" and "training" stuff: select a prisoner → send to slave market = monetary gain. We don't need to the whole training business, it just doesn't make sense. If you want to train slaves, there is a better mod for that called Immersive Slave Training & Kidnapping, or with another theme The House of O - A Society for BDSM. You don't need a dungeon to do bdsm, just a partner.

This is the great thing about mods! You've found a couple that better meet what you're looking for. That means that you've options.

It's almost like a store. You've got different apples you can choose from!