[mod] [CK2] Luxuria Fantasia - Updated: 23AUG20

Is the update save game compatible?   

And as a tongue in cheek answer to the whole catapult remark about "Spending your time with.." I did indeed discover it was possible to catapult my duchess to her landed lover.  She refuses to disclose her weight, but she does NOT have the fat or brawny trait. (NB: Women are notoriously reticent about their weight..)  How that was done was pretty simple:  She dispatched a single army of one tentacle warbeast to her landed lovers' province.  Then it was time for SexyTimes<tm> rolled around, she simply loaded her pleasantly plump posterior onto a catapult and fired herself in the general direction of her lovers' palace.  We estimate her speed to be greater than an unladen sparrow and the tentacle warbeast proved quite adroit at snatching flying objects from the air with it's suction equipped tentacles. (think of a frog's tongue snatching a fly out of the air) Whether it had sexytimes with the duchess before letting her go to visit her spouse is unknown, but given it's proclivities, it's probably a given and left her in a very disheveled state and reeking of warbeast musk. 

Thus in Mythbusters fashion I was able to disprove the catapult theory.  At least in a virtual sense anyway.  XD

Thumbing your mod up! 

9 minutes ago, Boreas said:

I've been searching around, and I seem to be the only one having this much trouble with dragons, so I need to ask how exactly they work. There's too much conflicting information for me to figure this out on my own. I'm playing a very old man (because he was lucky enough to have the child of destiny event fire off as a child) and I recently sent my youngest daughter off to the Elder Forest just to play around with the mechanic. I got her back and she asked me to hatch her egg, which I complied with since I had the three dragon buildings (Dragon Roost, Dragon Weyr, Half-Dragon Nest.)

In the version I'm still using (which was downloaded back in mid June iirc) there's no right click on your character portrait (or at least there wasn't for me) and you do it from the decision menu, but after choosing and confirming it the egg disappears and I don't receive a child dragon anywhere in my court. Is that mechanic (the decision and not a right-click option) and the lack of dragon children intentional? In addition, I don't have any way to interact with a baby dragon in my decisions or elsewhere in the interface I can tell, and after continuing to play for a year and some change after making the hatch decision I haven't seen any kind of event confirming what I've done or even that a hatchling might exist. This could all be well and truly normal too, but I have no real way of telling if this is how it's supposed to go.

While searching around I saw someone mention that you need to build a fort and a building option in that fort to incubate eggs (a mechanic I also don't really see any mention of in the interface, unless that just meant hatching) but I don't see any option to build such a thing in forts. It's most likely that poster meant a castle and one of the dragon buildings there, but it's worth mentioning just in case. Same thing about needing to calm dragons, but I suppose that would be tied into seeing no events fire up for them.

Really, the core questions are, am I doing everything right, is the mod behaving normally, or were the dragons in the version I downloaded simply bugged? The only few things unique to my situation that might also be contributing to the problem are my character being the child of destiny with the huge stack of flags that entails, and that my capital (where all the dragon buildings are) is currently undergoing construction.

You're doing nothing wrong. Incubating eggs takes a long time. One year, to be exact. Just have patience and you'll be rewarded for your efforts.

Also, you don't need any buildings to hatch eggs. Just the egg itself.

9 minutes ago, Celedhring said:

Is the update save game compatible? 

There is absolutely nothing in the 2.4.5 update that will break your saves. The decision may have been moved to another file, but this will not affect you.

14 minutes ago, lockeslylcrit said:

You're doing nothing wrong. Incubating eggs takes a long time. One year, to be exact. Just have patience and you'll be rewarded for your efforts.

Also, you don't need any buildings to hatch eggs. Just the egg itself. 

There is absolutely nothing in the 2.4.5 update that will break your saves. The decision may have been moved to another file, but this will not affect you.

Cool, I had just gotten a bit worried after seeing that my options were a bit different than the posts I was seeing talking about it from last year. Thank you for clearing that up.

warning : latest update is not 100% save compatible as it shuffe some traits around and will end mixing them up in your game. Recommend finish your campaing, then update.

Just now, whateverdontcare said:

I've started playing with the newest version and my first character had the "spend time with" decision available, but my second one just doesn't. It doesn't show up anywhere with any of my wife or concubines. I've tried commanding and uncommanding armies. The decision just isn't visible.

There are several new hidden conditions to "spend time with" including NO illnesses (syphilis. gout ect.) and NO depression for either character. Suggestion to make this clearer has already been made.

Also yearly mana increase wasn't fixed. In fact - it's even worse now as event now set your mana to 0 every year. Detailed reference to problem in post 1412.

3 hours ago, jet41 said:

warning : latest update is not 100% save compatible as it shuffe some traits around and will end mixing them up in your game. Recommend finish your campaing, then update.

There are several new hidden conditions to "spend time with" including NO illnesses (syphilis. gout ect.) and NO depression for either character. Suggestion to make this clearer has already been made.

Also yearly mana increase wasn't fixed. In fact - it's even worse now as event now set your mana to 0 every year. Detailed reference to problem in post 1412.

Okay so the issue then is that lover's pox is included in the diseases. So my character got lover's pox before he even inherited, which means he's incapable of ever having sex again. Solution here would probably be to replace the has_disease_trigger, with manually inputted diseases you'd want to stop from affecting it. So like cancer also makes you incapable of having sex which is a bit silly.

Speaking of "Spend time with...", it's (understandably) not available for people in other places. Which is a problem if you are in the council of your liege, but your wife is at home. Not that I play as a vassal often, but I think that's a good example. Giving up your seat on the council just so you can be with your wife... I don't know, man ?

Some posts mentioned traveling, but how do you do that? Is there a vanilla way or do I need a mod to visit other people's courts?

On the other hand, other features are available on people far away (seduction, for example), so I'm not even sure if the restriction on spend time with is actually needed.

2 hours ago, nugerumon said:

Speaking of "Spend time with...", it's (understandably) not available for people in other places. Which is a problem if you are in the council of your liege, but your wife is at home. Not that I play as a vassal often, but I think that's a good example. Giving up your seat on the council just so you can be with your wife... I don't know, man 

Also, I just uploaded a tweak to the decision. You can now visit your lover if they are either in the same realm as you, or you're at their location (via Booty Call Army)

25 minutes ago, lockeslylcrit said:

Load up your Booty Call Army with your character as commander.

bwahahaha.  You don't even have to be the commander until it's needed. Just send the Booty Call Army to the location where your spouse/lover/consort is.   I'd recommend the least costly retinue unit to send there.  And when the time comes, just catapult yourself into command of that Booty Call Army.   That was my workaround for that "Spend Time with" decision. ?

19 minutes ago, Celedhring said:

just catapult yourself

ಠ_ಠ

Please, this is the medieval era. Refined lords use trebuchets for their booty calls

Chancellor: "My lord, if I may speak frankly, you seem to be agitated and frustrated as of late."

Lord: *pondering* "Aye, that I have been. Perhaps it's time to visit my lady."
Chancellor: "But, my lord, she lives two kingdoms over. There are matters to attend to here. You cant just leave the kingdom on a several month journey."
Lord: "My engineers have worked out a solution. BRING OUT THE TREBUCHET!"

Chancellor: "What."

Lord: *strips naked and gets in the trebuchet's sling* "Worry not! The lack of clothes will make me more aerodynamic, and I have developed a technique called the Peniscopter to get extra distance!"

Chancellor: "What."

12 minutes ago, jet41 said:

Mana regen is still broken. Now it set mana to max every year. You still have there "value" condition which expect clean number, not another variable.. Just change it to "which" and it's done.

You promissed LOL

Fixed.

I was updating my mod to be fully compatible with DWF just like it was with DWR. I just noticed you moved the virgin trait to redundancies_traits and have hidden it.

Did you replace it with another mechanics or did you simply remove the whole virginity mechanics? Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

22 minutes ago, coleman1 said:

I was updating my mod to be fully compatible with DWF just like it was with DWR. I just noticed you moved the virgin trait to redundancies_traits and have hidden it.

Did you replace it with another mechanics or did you simply remove the whole virginity mechanics? Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

The mechanics were fairly CPU intensive for absolutely no gain whatsoever, so I decided to just remove it entirely. Virgin was made into a redundancy trait in case other mods called for it, so it wouldn't throw up an error in the logs.

On 7/20/2019 at 5:37 AM, lockeslylcrit said:

The mechanics were fairly CPU intensive for absolutely no gain whatsoever, so I decided to just remove it entirely. Virgin was made into a redundancy trait in case other mods called for it, so it wouldn't throw up an error in the logs.

This is the second time I've seen it referred to recently as CPU intensive, which seems like it'd be from a poorly formed use (which I could be guilty of since I was the one that had it in DWR), but if properly built, it shouldn't be any worse that the dick or tit traits in terms of CPU load. And it could easily be set-up to even be less of a load if dick or tit traits are also considered load heavy.

And in regards to absolutely no gain - that can pretty much be said about any kind of trait that is related to fetishes. If hunting for the unsoiled is someone's kink, than it's just as relevant as any of the others - such a big breast lover, etc.

If there is a specific example of the cpu load issue that I can focus in on, then I can look at perhaps making a less load heavy version that I can post up as a standalone for interested folks.

Can you add a check to heart enslavement to only move character to ROOT if they are not at_location = ROOT instead of just moving to ROOT? Having the target leave court to renter the same court can kick that character out of some position like council or commander. 

And you might want to change the impregnation part of the spell. Right now it allows negative fertility character (like elf with 14 children or ennuch) to breed with 100% success rate. (And I admittedly exploit this)

I already edited the file I used to check to ROOT location. Moved the impregnation part out of the love part and turned it into 2 separate random_list for impregnating target and impregnating the caster to allows double futa impregnation and allows fertility to influence impregnation chance separately. Change 'female = no' impregnation to 'has_cock = yes' to allows futa.

It was some thing like:

Random_list = {

75% love + if not at ROOT move to ROOT

25% nothing

}

If root has cock and target is female

Random_list = {

variable% chance of impregnating the target with root depending on fertility

}

If root is female and target has cock

Random_list = {

variable% chance of impregnating the root with target depending on fertility

}

I already made mine though I believe others might want this too. (And I don't want to rewrite it again when the update hit.) I can send the file if you want. The impregnation chance part was just bunch of ugly modifier and fertility checks though. I believe you have the impregnation function that was used in the standard sex which could make this part better.

12 hours ago, dewguru said:

This is the second time I've seen it referred to recently as CPU intensive, which seems like it'd be from a poorly formed use (which I could be guilty of since I was the one that had it in DWR), but if properly built, it shouldn't be any worse that the dick or tit traits in terms of CPU load. And it could easily be set-up to even be less of a load if dick or tit traits are also considered load heavy.

And in regards to absolutely no gain - that can pretty much be said about any kind of trait that is related to fetishes. If hunting for the unsoiled is someone's kink, than it's just as relevant as any of the others - such a big breast lover, etc.

If there is a specific example of the cpu load issue that I can focus in on, then I can look at perhaps making a less load heavy version that I can post up as a standalone for interested folks.

There are a lot of stuff that do not provide anything of value as is, like the virgin trait or the mage trait, because they're not tied to a mechanic of any kind. The virgin trait has virtually no use for the player, as this game is a dynastic game: you have to fuck somebody in order to continue your lineage.

So the issue isn't so much about being CPU intensive as is but rather using CPU cycles while not improving the game in any meaningful way.

1 hour ago, bicobus said:

There are a lot of stuff that do not provide anything of value as is, like the virgin trait or the mage trait, because they're not tied to a mechanic of any kind. The virgin trait has virtually no use for the player, as this game is a dynastic game: you have to fuck somebody in order to continue your lineage.

So the issue isn't so much about being CPU intensive as is but rather using CPU cycles while not improving the game in any meaningful way.

It might not have much use as a player trait - yet when hunting potential spouses, it could be useful from an immersion perspective.

I'm pretty certain there used to be mechanics tied to it - such as improved sale value of slaves, or increased piety gain in a certain sacrifice option. But I understand some things were trimmed, others were streamlined, so it may not have any real value presently, which then totally makes sense to not use it any longer.

I just found the CPU intensive comments as odd more than anything else, and if that was the whole issue, it was one that I was willing to work around and post in another mod.

10 minutes ago, dewguru said:

It might not have much use as a player trait - yet when hunting potential spouses, it could be useful from an immersion perspective.

I'm pretty certain there used to be mechanics tied to it - such as improved sale value of slaves, or increased piety gain in a certain sacrifice option. But I understand some things were trimmed, others were streamlined, so it may not have any real value presently, which then totally makes sense to not use it any longer.

I just found the CPU intensive comments as odd more than anything else, and if that was the whole issue, it was one that I was willing to work around and post in another mod.

The CPU usage argument is because I've seen other people (at least three off the top of my head) that mentioned the game runs smoother after Virgin was placed in the redundancies. I honestly don't take too much stock in CPU arguments unless I personally experience it. For example, Racial Seeding originally used any_character. This would MASSIVELY lag the game because the game would use any_character every single time a race was seeded. I changed this to any_independent_ruler and any_realm_character, and now Racial Seeding is instant.

The reason why I removed Virgin was mostly mechanics and lore reasoning. It didn't make sense for some random courtier to look up your skirt, pull apart your labia and look inside. "Yep, she's a virgin, alright." I could have done is_visible for yourself and your lover/spouse/whatever, but still the problem of the trait being removed on marriage or whatever still existed, so there wouldn't be much need for this either. Considering Dark World is all about sex, having a trait that gets removed almost instantly wouldn't exactly be code-friendly.

There are, of course, workarounds for this, but I've been too busy with other things to bother. If someone wants to re-add Virgin in a submod, they are free to do so. It still exists as a redundancy trait, so it still exists in the code as a way of avoiding errors if a mod that isn't up to date calls for it. All someone needs to do is code in the spawning, and they've got Virgin again.

27 minutes ago, lockeslylcrit said:

The CPU usage argument is because I've seen other people (at least three off the top of my head) that mentioned the game runs smoother after Virgin was placed in the redundancies. I honestly don't take too much stock in CPU arguments unless I personally experience it. For example, Racial Seeding originally used any_character. This would MASSIVELY lag the game because the game would use any_character every single time a race was seeded. I changed this to any_independent_ruler and any_realm_character, and now Racial Seeding is instant.

The reason why I removed Virgin was mostly mechanics and lore reasoning. It didn't make sense for some random courtier to look up your skirt, pull apart your labia and look inside. "Yep, she's a virgin, alright." I could have done is_visible for yourself and your lover/spouse/whatever, but still the problem of the trait being removed on marriage or whatever still existed, so there wouldn't be much need for this either. Considering Dark World is all about sex, having a trait that gets removed almost instantly wouldn't exactly be code-friendly.

There are, of course, workarounds for this, but I've been too busy with other things to bother. If someone wants to re-add Virgin in a submod, they are free to do so. It still exists as a redundancy trait, so it still exists in the code as a way of avoiding errors if a mod that isn't up to date calls for it. All someone needs to do is code in the spawning, and they've got Virgin again.

The original intent was lore friendly, as it was meant to be viewed as more perception than reality. When someone became an adult, they'd often be viewed as being a Virgin, unless perhaps they were lustful. If they were, then they wouldn't get the trait. We probably all know someone who in high school appeared as clean as fallen snow - yet wasn't a virgin, while there was an overly flirtatious, very liberally acting person who many thought wasn't - yet was. So it wasn't intended to be a perfect, physical validation in concept. Granted, that concept didn't remain true to form, for example, getting a bonus for selling a Virgin slave - which would indeed involve a physical check of the goods.

There used to be an on_action that fired upon marriage as well that removed the trait, so that shouldn't have been an issue. If it was resource heavy, my guess is it was probably when the annual check that fired. And while Dark World included a lot of sex - it was never envisioned to be all about sex.

But regardless, I'm championing this way more than intended. If I stay on topic - it was just being curious about the CPU load issue, which seems like it was very limited, which means it was probably a mix of older PC's and not fully optimized event handling. So I've got my answer and now I just need to decide what I want to do with that information.

3 minutes ago, dewguru said:

But regardless, I'm championing this way more than intended. If I stay on topic - it was just being curious about the CPU load issue, which seems like it was very limited, which means it was probably a mix of older PC's and not fully optimized event handling. So I've got my answer and now I just need to decide what I want to do with that information.

I honestly don't mind healthy debates. It did give me stuff to think about for future updates.