Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

14 hours ago, DeWired said:

Some oldtimer's rant in spoiler.

Hide contents

Youngsters this days... In my time, we did quests without quest markers - we read in-game books (and out-game, too, I still have somewhere paperback manual for Daggerfall...), solved puzzles (not this modern "Look at the wall and match symbols") - real puzzles, with ciphers, clues and everything... Well, there was this one quest where you looked at wall and activated matched symbols - but there were 25 of them in correct order, and wall was in different place... And now - quest markers. On places (you have map, compass, and description of place, that's all you need), on people (just talk to everyone, learn their needs!), even on things (instead you can just poke everything interactive, loot anything lootable, and very carefully inspect everything else). How sad...

So... About quest markers... I have an idea of quest, where player is given instructions in note to NOT follow quest marker - and following it leads to ambush or some other complicated situation. Maybe, placing quest marker on someone who must be avoided, or some place to not appear near to... ?

I also think it's boring when you're told exactly what and where. Skyrim is my first TES and I think my first RPG, but I still don't like handholding.

That's a really cool suggestion by the way.

14 hours ago, Dude2000 said:

Unfortunately, it is not fixed. I have downloaded this file just about 20 minutes ago:

Laura's Bondage Shop v3.20 SSE version - by tznvlw.7z

Are you sure it is the updated one? Could you please add it as another file?

Oh crap. Thanks for letting me know.

By the way, I'm sure that it's the updated one.

10 hours ago, kapibar said:

@Laura 'Lokomootje' I love this mod and everything it stands for. The writing is superb, the characters are well developed, but there's one thing I really don't get - why do Laura and Katarina have the crappy vanilla hair? In a modded Skyrim, with visual overhauls all over the place they both stand out, not in a good way. I get that they're not supposed to be eye candy's, but giving them a hair makeover wouldn't immediately change them into sex bombs, and it would just be beneficial for the overall looks of the otherwise great mod. Or maybe there's a reason behind it...? I'm actually curious.

Thank you. :blush:

I didn't give them a modded hairstyle because I don't want to add more requirements. I want to keep this as easy to install as possible.

The other choice is searching for a hairstyle pack that allow redistribution, but I rather spend my time making new stuff.

I also think that those hairstyles aren't that bad and they look like they belong in that time.

But if someone finds a good hairstyle that allows redistribution, I'll take a look at it.

9 hours ago, zorin0815 said:

@Laura 'Lokomootje' Thanks for the best and most stable mod by far. I like the quests an characters and above al, the soft and consentive approach to the bondage fetish. Other mods are just plain violent.

In the 3.20 changelog you write:

Is it possible to replay that quest without reinstalling the whole Mod and restarting everything from scratch? Maybe not through the UI but is there maybe a console.command to do this "sestage whatever=1"

Ever thought about including some of the Bondage furniture animations/poses to the quests (again: the soft ones like Hogties or chairs/beds, not the violent shit)?

Thank you so much. :blush:

They're not made to be replayed. But you can try using these commands: setstage Laura_AStrangeRockQuest 100 and setstage Laura_WhatSheDeservesQuest 0. And then see if you can start it by talking to her. Can't guarantee that it works though. :P

8 hours ago, Nicoya said:

It's tough as a game designer to know what's too much or too little guidance to give a player, because the designer is always familiar with the scenario they laid out. What's obvious to them might not be obvious to the player, and it's a difficult line to walk. I just wanted to give feedback about places where I lost the trail.

Yeah, it's pretty much impossible for me to test it. That's why I have a bunch of people who test for me. It used to be more vague in beta 1, but I changed it because some testers were lost.

Regarding non-dialog conversation, I mean the conversation between NPCs that happens outside of the interactive dialogue UI where you wait for an NPC to speak, then pick a response, back and forth.

Right, I should've know. Those are called scenes.

What would you suggest I do with them?

So there's the Locked Away quest where the player gets belted for an unpredictable amount of time. It's kinda fun but also there's not a whole lot to it other than wearing the belt for a while.

Yeah, that's kinda what it is. It's a quest for people who like chastity belt.

I was thinking it could be spiced up and made a bit more interactive:

Setup: Laura asks you to wear the belt and help spread the word about the shop. Player gets locked in the belt and goes out into the world all snug and secure.

While out in the world:
Randomly when speaking with a named NPC a dialogue tree option shows up where the player can mention that she's wearing a chastity belt and there's a place in Skyrim where the NPC could buy restraints just like it for their own. The NPC might show no interest, or be inquisitive and ask something like "Chastity? But what would be the point of a sex toy that prevents sex?" and the player responds "Being denied can make you so horny that you're almost willing to do anything to satisfy your urges."

The NPC can then offer a sex scene, saying something like "You mean to say that you're so desperate right now that if I offered to let you pleasure me right here, you'd go right ahead and do it?" and the player can respond positively and a sex scene plays, or reluctantly declines and the sex scene is skipped.

Reporting back to the shop:

Laura asks if you've had any luck spreading the word, and mentions a few new patrons have dropped by the shop. She says she'd like to credit you with brining them in, but wants to be sure it was really your recommendation that lead them to doing business there.

So she goes through the list of new patrons that you've interacted with. If the player chose to have sex then Laura would say that they were so impressed that they mentioned you by name when they came to the shop and so there's no need to confirm that recommendation. If the player declined to have sex Laura would challenge you to recall their name, and you'd be given a choice of names of various NPCs to pick from, and you'd have to identify one of the NPCs you interacted with. If you guess correctly you get credit for it, and if you guess incorrectly you don't get credit.

If you don't earn enough recommendation credits then Laura offers to either let you go back out into the world still belted to bring in more business, or offers to let you call it quits and pay a rental fee for your use of the belt instead, with some prorating if you've got some credits.

If you do earn enough recommendation credits, she pays you a handsome sum of gold and maybe also offers to let you pick out some free merchandise from the shop, which she helpfully ensures you're wearing when you leave!

Thanks for the suggestion. :)

7 hours ago, JustMe469 said:

Once again @Laura 'Lokomootje' I have to say how much I love this mod. I'm still very surprised it's your only one. It's exceptionally well done. Currently I'm enjoying the latest update. I think this weekend I may start a brand new character, quickly get up to level 10 or so, then play the whole thing all over!

As well, I also really like this thread. Lots of positive people in here! And having Laura herself answer things so quickly, and respond to comments is SOOOOOOoooooooo much better than any other mod I've followed. Don't get me wrong , obviously there are great mods out there, but the threads seem full of all sorts of negativity. I feel comfortable here. ?

Thank you for creating all this! 

Thank you so much. It means a lot. :blush:

You're right, people are really nice here. I think my mod attracts a different kind of people than the other mods here.

And I think that they're the best kind of people. :D

7 hours ago, tonitrulupus said:

i didnt have any issues with a grey face, guess i was luck? i did however have an issue with quest not complete, it was where you wear some items around for a few days and than you get paid but it would never complete and i was put in that cage, and it just stopped but that was the first version i installed so i will try it again here in a day or so and let you know

I still say you should have Laura sell more of the soulgem plugs and i am not sure if it was  cured loot or devious devices but there was a collar that would connect to nipple piercings thought that one was cool 

Thanks for letting me know. Are you also using SE?

1 hour ago, REALnomad said:

During Seeking the Curse talked to Akali in Windhelm and got 3 location. Winter War it is. So I come to the ship and find quest marker on the bed roll. No devices in vicinity or in any other containers. Tried to sleep but only got robber guy with 'Hold on to it' bs.

That's weird. I think it selected something that despawned. Maybe a dead enemy or something.

It's set to not do that, but we have to remember that it's Skyrim. :P

If it happens again, let me know.

17 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

The other choice is searching for a hairstyle pack that allow redistribution

KS Hairs https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68311/

Explicitly intended for re-use and to be embedded into other mods.

:classic_smile:

The main burden is to spend 2 hours and browse through the gallery which style would fit which character. :classic_shy:

Edit: I can collect some example screenshots from my mod.

One thing that most hair mods are failing is that the hairs look too much like the actor is a nobleand  just came from the coiffeur.  :classic_unsure:

There are very few styles that look suiting for farmers, miners, bandits and  such ..

7 minutes ago, worik said:

KS Hairs https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68311/

Explicitly intended for re-use and to be embedded into other mods.

:classic_smile:

The main burden is to spend 2 hours and browse through the gallery which style would fit which character. :classic_shy:

They look a bit over the top for me. Most hairstyles I see IRL don't even come close. They're cute, but I'm not sure they fit in Skyrim.

And I just rememberd that I'll probably have to do it for the other characters aswell. :/

But I'll take a look at it when I can.

Added: [Ghosts Of The Past] A new quest that continues the story.

its broke the guys name was sirgan theres no npc and all the gaurds say the same thing that he was killed but none say anything to progress the quest so im stuck with thi quest i cant do a delivery job because this quest cant be canceled or finnished :(

1 minute ago, badbat111 said:

Added: [Ghosts Of The Past] A new quest that continues the story.

its broke the guys name was sirgan theres no npc and all the gaurds say the same thing that he was killed but none say anything to progress the quest so im stuck with thi quest i cant do a delivery job because this quest cant be canceled or finnished :(

Spoiler

Take a good look in the jail. There's something on the floor.

I just finished the new quest. Great update! And such a tease... I'm really looking forward to the next steps.

On the grey face issue, I also had it, and this is with the LE version. By comparing the mod in TES5Edit with the nifs in the face gen folders, there are 45 NPCs in the mod, and only 40 nifs. The last 5 characters added don't seem to have the face gens included. I'll use spoilers here for those who haven't played to the end yet:

Spoiler

Sloane had the grey face. Her guards presumably did as well, though their helmets mean it wouldn't matter so much for them as long as the vanilla steel plate helmets are being used in the player's game.

Thanks for the update, Laura. As excellent as always.

9 minutes ago, merManc said:

I just finished the new quest. Great update! And such a tease... I'm really looking forward to the next steps.

On the grey face issue, I also had it, and this is with the LE version. By comparing the mod in TES5Edit with the nifs in the face gen folders, there are 45 NPCs in the mod, and only 40 nifs. The last 5 characters added don't seem to have the face gens included. I'll use spoilers here for those who haven't played to the end yet:

Reveal hidden contents

Sloane had the grey face. Her guards presumably did as well, though their helmets mean it wouldn't matter so much for them as long as the vanilla steel plate helmets are being used in the player's game.

Thanks for the update, Laura. As excellent as always.

I'll take a look at the grey face issue.

5 minutes ago, valcon767 said:

have not played the new update (yet). was starting new game (for other reasons) and ran into an issue.

but had to stop in and say THANKS again for the great mod.

:blush:

2 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

They look a bit over the top for me. Most hairstyles I see IRL don't even come close. They're cute, but I'm not sure they fit in Skyrim.

And I just rememberd that I'll probably have to do it for the other characters aswell. :/

But I'll take a look at it when I can.

Yeah, KS Hairdos are over the top, but beside Apache Hair this is the best we have. Besides, it wouldn't be out of place, as Cursed Loot uses KS and Laura is by her own admission somewhat tied to the Dollmaker, so story-wise it makes sense. And since KS has like 5 or 6 hundred hairstyles I'm sure you would be able to find something that would fit both your vision and your characters.

I don't know anything about modding, unfortunately, beside many ways of destroying someone else's work, but from what I can tell DCL has KS meshes & textures contained, so it's not creating additional dependancy.

Thank you for answering my question, I really hope you will keep my suggestion in mind for the future. Despite this little issue I really love and appreciate your work, although I really wish updates would be more frequent.

2 minutes ago, kapibar said:

Yeah, KS Hairdos are over the top, but beside Apache Hair this is the best we have. Besides, it wouldn't be out of place, as Cursed Loot uses KS and Laura is by her own admission somewhat tied to the Dollmaker, so story-wise it makes sense.

Knowing someone doesn't mean you take over their hairstyle though.

And since KS has like 5 or 6 hundred hairstyles I'm sure you would be able to find something that would fit both your vision and your characters.

That's true, I'll take a look when I can.

I don't know anything about modding, unfortunately, beside many ways of destroying someone else's work, but from what I can tell DCL has KS meshes & textures contained, so it's not creating additional dependancy.

Yeah, that's what I meant with allowing redistribution. It won't add a requirement, which is a good thing.

Thank you for answering my question, I really hope you will keep my suggestion in mind for the future. Despite this little issue I really love and appreciate your work, although I really wish updates would be more frequent.

I really wish making stuff didn't take this long. But I'm not gonna rush it.

1 hour ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

For those with a grey face bug, I think I fixed it in the LE version. Please redownload and install it. No need for a new game or anything. Just overwrite it.

I forgot to add the meshes. That's why SE also had it. ?

Thanks for the fixes!

Wouldn't that make it LBS v3.20.1 or v.3.21? ?

The ones that loose overview about what got updated lol

1 hour ago, merManc said:

Hide contents

All vanilla helmets are invisible for me at least, i mean there's a chance you'd want to wear the steel helmet yourself and then look like that... nope.

8 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

Thanks for the fixes!

Wouldn't that make it LBS v3.20.1 or v.3.21? ?

The ones that loose overview about what got updated lol

It's the same version but it includes some files I forgot. I don't think it's enough to call it a new version.

Yeah, KS hairdos is a great mod, but of the hundreds of styles in it there are only a tiny number I personally use - either because the rest don't suit my characters, or they don't really seem to fit the Skyrim aesthetic. HG Hairdos has another big, impressive selection (some of which are also in KS) and does allow for using them in other mods. I used a handful of them for my Female Vampire Cattle mod.

There are also the "salt and wind" retextures for lots of hair packs, which make characters look less like they've just stepped up on the catwalk. I highly recommend those. The most up-to-date one for KS hairs is on the SE nexus, and it works for the LE version.

All of that said, I'm perfectly fine with the vanilla hairs. There aren't too many women left in my game using vanilla styles, true, but Laura, Katarina & Co don't feel out of place.

36 minutes ago, merManc said:

Yeah, KS hairdos is a great mod, but of the hundreds of styles in it there are only a tiny number I personally use - either because the rest don't suit my characters, or they don't really seem to fit the Skyrim aesthetic. HG Hairdos has another big, impressive selection (some of which are also in KS) and does allow for using them in other mods. I used a handful of them for my Female Vampire Cattle mod.

There are also the "salt and wind" retextures for lots of hair packs, which make characters look less like they've just stepped up on the catwalk. I highly recommend those. The most up-to-date one for KS hairs is on the SE nexus, and it works for the LE version.

A lot of hairstyles I've seen are super fancy even by modern standards. It takes a lot of work to get some of them and even the practical ones look too nice.

Don't think it's a good fit, but I'll take a look at the salt and wind stuff.

36 minutes ago, merManc said:

All of that said, I'm perfectly fine with the vanilla hairs. There aren't too many women left in my game using vanilla styles, true, but Laura, Katarina & Co don't feel out of place.

:)

22 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

Understandable, but from time to time I have to be "that guy" ?

Sometimes, you need a "that guy" :)

59 minutes ago, merManc said:

There are also the "salt and wind" retextures for lots of hair packs, which make characters look less like they've just stepped up on the catwalk. I highly recommend those.

:classic_ohmy: That's really really cool! Exactly what I was looking for :classic_happy:?

10 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I'll take a look at the salt and wind stuff.

If you like those, there is a version that re-textures the vanilla hairs in the same style, called Bed Head. From memory, I think it was the original that Salt and Wind came from or was inspired by. It's a nice, detailed but performance-friendly texture that applies to all characters using vanilla styles, and fits in well with the game as a whole.

edit - That one might be of interest to you too, @worik

I seem to be having an issue with the latest version. When I go and ask to find some cursed restraints, dialogue continues as normal, Laura gives me a name and a city, but then no quest starts. I'm not sure why. I do not have any of her story quests active, so that's not the problem. I tried starting the next story quest, and that works (I reverted the save afterwords to not have it active). I have not tested the delivery quest.