Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

14 minutes ago, JustMe469 said:

I'd be willing to bet your accent would be perfect for Laura! It would add a wonderful dimension.

But voicing the whole thing would be very difficult like you said. 

Maybe from now on I'll read Laura's dialogue (in my head) with an accent. ? Dutch?

Best way to find out how it would be revived is do a sound test let us hear the voice actor,. i would love to hear !

7 hours ago, Nicoya said:

Thoughts on the 3.2 update: first and foremost it’s great to see new content in what’s become my favorite mod.

I reset the mod and played through the story quest from the beginning. I can’t say I noticed a lot of changes aside from the really obvious hint to not go too far into the one dungeon.

Some new content thoughts under the spoiler:

(asking for Quest Markers)

Yes, the changes in dialogue are subtle, but give a better explanation of their debt to Sloane.

I disagree on the use of quest markers! I really like that this mod doesn't rely on a Dragonborn puppy chasing quest markers like a good doggie, but has to use their brain. If you'd read more of the thread - what you were looking for had already been spoiled only hours after the release, ruining my playthrough of the Ghosts of the Past quest!

5 hours ago, JustMe469 said:

I'd be willing to bet your accent would be perfect for Laura! It would add a wonderful dimension.

Maybe from now on I'll read Laura's dialogue (in my head) with an accent. ? Dutch?

Uh-oh, what have I done?!

As I've said before, I have not the faintest idea about modding myself. Would it be possible to have (some) voice acting as a seperate patch? Could this be a fan-project, where someone (neither me nor Laura) would delegate and collect VA for different persons in the mod, along with some quality-control (move your ass over to Thomann and get a real microphone, Looney!) and have VA connected, but seperate? As HexBolt8 said, a bad voice acting is worse that none.

Spoiler

I'll gladly lend a hand, but I cannot do this myself. If I'd started that, depression and anxiety would hit me like a brick wall and the project would come to naught.

Still one of my favourite mods, with or without voice acting! :classic_blush:

Like the new update.

Played on SSE, and the bug I reported before about A Strange Rock not starting if you begin the game in Whiterun seems to be fixed.  (Only tested with one character, so I might have just failed to reproduce the bug somehow.)

Everything went well, the quests without markers weren't *too* difficult to find.

The scene with Sloane played out fine, but Sloane herself has the blackface bug.  Unless Sloane is supposed to be a Redguard with white hands?  If that's a clue for something, it went right over my head.

In case you can't tell, I still consider this a fantastic Devious quest mod.  Probably my favorite one since it tells a kinky story without raping the main character.  Looking forward to the next quest, and Laura finally convincing Katarina to try on an armbinder.

15 hours ago, supercats said:

....quest idea, one of Laura's gear-testers never came back and you have to go find her; she tripped from her gear and is stuck in a burrow :P (I kid, kid)

:P

15 hours ago, UnEvenSteven said:

If you go that route please consider making it entirely optional, Maybe even have that dialogue option not appear unless you've visited the Greybeards or after you've retrieved the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller and named Dragonborn.

I'll make it optional, don't worry. :)

12 hours ago, sunnydayknight said:

Apologies, should have elaborated.  I'm using LE.  I've had no issue up to that point.  
I also played through before your latest update, but lost my data, so I had to start over :(

We're still trying to figure out why it stops working at that point. It was super rare during testing and we couldn't reproduce it.

If it keeps stopping there, let me know.

11 hours ago, CanoLathra said:

Strange, because she didn't show up until I updated this mod, even though I started with DCL active for at least two previous characters.

Wonder what triggered it to happen this time.

My mod has no interaction with DCL. They both use DD, but that's it.

10 hours ago, Nicoya said:

Thoughts on the 3.2 update: first and foremost it’s great to see new content in what’s become my favorite mod.

I reset the mod and played through the story quest from the beginning. I can’t say I noticed a lot of changes aside from the really obvious hint to not go too far into the one dungeon.

Some new content thoughts under the spoiler:

Hide contents

In Ghosts of the Past I felt a bit lost after clearing out the mine. If it weren’t for the fact that the guards’ greets were unvoiced I wouldn’t have thought to talk to them at all. Once I did I had some trouble finding the Falkreath jail despite having played this game since shortly after its release. I just don’t spend much time in Falkreath on a regular basis. Once I did find the jail it took me a fair bit of time to realize I needed to examine the rags on the floor. I think once you speak to the guards it should put a quest marker on the rags, and it wouldn’t hurt to put a quest marker by the waterfall at the appropriate point, maybe after talking to a guard hovering over the rags or something.

I almost missed the start of the dialogue back at the shop at the end of the quest. I think a force-greet dialogue at the start of this segment at least would be welcome. I find the mod’s reliance on non-dialogue conversation to be a bit frustrating at times because it’s not possible to control the pace of the dialogue and it’s sometimes hard to tell when the conversation has ended.

I know that just missing a clue can be really annoying, but it's still much better than following a marker with barely any thought.

By the way, what do you mean with a non-dialogue conversation?

8 hours ago, JustMe469 said:

Don't think I'll ever do VA work, but thanks for the encouragement.

8 hours ago, JustMe469 said:

Yeah Dutch. :)

But there were people who thought that I was: British, Scottish, Irish, German and American when I use my mic so I'm not what my accent even is. I think it's weird mix of everything I heard in media.

8 hours ago, tonitrulupus said:

Need to be able to sale different soul gem plugs for future reference

Do you mean selling them to her or having her sell more plugs?

8 hours ago, tonitrulupus said:

Best way to find out how it would be revived is do a sound test let us hear the voice actor,. i would love to hear !

Adding VA in this mod is a really bad idea and I'm not a fan of letting people hear my voice.

I used to play games with a mic, but the amount of harassment and offensive jokes made me hate it.

I felt like I had to use my mic in stuff like high level Overwatch, but I couldn't do it anymore after hearing stuff like "OMG a girl send nudes" and "Your boyfriend carried you, no girl is good at games." all the time.

So I'm not comfortable with using my voice.

2 hours ago, CaptainJ03 said:

Yes, the changes in dialogue are subtle, but give a better explanation of their debt to Slo:blush:ane.

I disagree on the use of quest markers! I really like that this mod doesn't rely on a Dragonborn puppy chasing quest markers like a good doggie, but has to use their brain. If you'd read more of the thread - what you were looking for had already been spoiled only hours after the release, ruining my playthrough of the Ghosts of the Past quest!

Uh-oh, what have I done?!

As I've said before, I have not the faintest idea about modding myself. Would it be possible to have (some) voice acting as a seperate patch? Could this be a fan-project, where someone (neither me nor Laura) would delegate and collect VA for different persons in the mod, along with some quality-control (move your ass over to Thomann and get a real microphone, Looney!) and have VA connected, but seperate? As HexBolt8 said, a bad voice acting is worse that none.

Reveal hidden contents

I'll gladly lend a hand, but I cannot do this myself. If I'd started that, depression and anxiety would hit me like a brick wall and the project would come to naught.

Still one of my favourite mods, with or without voice acting! :classic_blush:

Thanks. :blush:

I'll never add VA in this mod. If I do it, it'll be a smaller mod with 1 character.

16 minutes ago, Tarbal40 said:

Like the new update.

Played on SSE, and the bug I reported before about A Strange Rock not starting if you begin the game in Whiterun seems to be fixed.  (Only tested with one character, so I might have just failed to reproduce the bug somehow.)

Everything went well, the quests without markers weren't *too* difficult to find.

The scene with Sloane played out fine, but Sloane herself has the blackface bug.  Unless Sloane is supposed to be a Redguard with white hands?  If that's a clue for something, it went right over my head.

In case you can't tell, I still consider this a fantastic Devious quest mod. Looking forward to the next quest, and Laura finally convincing Katarina to try on an armbinder.

Thank you. :blush:

Her darker face isn't a clue by the way. :P

30 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

after hearing stuff like "OMG a girl send nudes" and "Your boyfriend carried you, no girl is good at games." all the time.

:classic_angry: .. I can't tell how much I'm fed up with shit like that!

32 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

:classic_undecided: Highly understandable.

33 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I'll never add VA in this mod. If I do it, it'll be a smaller mod with 1 character.

You could try one of the free-to-use reading machines. :classic_smile: So it's not your own voice involved.

1 hour ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I used to play games with a mic, but the amount of harassment and offensive jokes made me hate it.

I felt like I had to use my mic in stuff like high level Overwatch, but I couldn't do it anymore after hearing stuff like "OMG a girl send nudes" and "Your boyfriend carried you, no girl is good at games." all the time.

Man, that's upsetting to hear. It sucks that you've had idiots treat you that way.

41 minutes ago, SiegfreidZ said:

Man, that's upsetting to hear. It sucks that you've had idiots treat you that way.

I did play with a German guy a lot. He was really cool and we played a lot together.

But it only takes a few to ruin it. :/

5 minutes ago, AtackHelicopter said:

Is it allowed to record gameplay with this mod or not?

Sure, it's your game.

6 hours ago, CaptainJ03 said:

Yes, the changes in dialogue are subtle, but give a better explanation of their debt to Sloane.

The big problem is, when you dont use quest markers, you dont give good detail in what to do, people/players will tend to drop the quest and not want to do it because the dont have enough to Finish that parts of the quest and most modders dont give enough information to get through the quest in the first place, i am doing  a mod right now that has that issue and all the markers are messed up so to do 1 quest it takes 3-7 hours people dont wish to spend that much time running around and doing nothing 

5 minutes ago, tonitrulupus said:

The big problem is, when you dont use quest markers, you dont give good detail in what to do, people/players will tend to drop the quest and not want to do it because the dont have enough to Finish that parts of the quest and most modders dont give enough information to get through the quest in the first place, i am doing  a mod right now that has that issue and all the markers are messed up so to do 1 quest it takes 3-7 hours people dont wish to spend that much time running around and doing nothing 

Yeah, it's really hard to balance it. But that's why I test so much. I don't want players to get frustrated.

2 minutes ago, Gräfin Zeppelin said:

Sadly I have the same experience in online games :(

:(

And people still don't know why Esports is all just dudes. We don't want to endure all that crap just to get more crap when you're in a team.

4 hours ago, tonitrulupus said:

Some oldtimer's rant in spoiler.

Spoiler

Youngsters this days... In my time, we did quests without quest markers - we read in-game books (and out-game, too, I still have somewhere paperback manual for Daggerfall...), solved puzzles (not this modern "Look at the wall and match symbols") - real puzzles, with ciphers, clues and everything... Well, there was this one quest where you looked at wall and activated matched symbols - but there were 25 of them in correct order, and wall was in different place... And now - quest markers. On places (you have map, compass, and description of place, that's all you need), on people (just talk to everyone, learn their needs!), even on things (instead you can just poke everything interactive, loot anything lootable, and very carefully inspect everything else). How sad...

So... About quest markers... I have an idea of quest, where player is given instructions in note to NOT follow quest marker - and following it leads to ambush or some other complicated situation. Maybe, placing quest marker on someone who must be avoided, or some place to not appear near to... ?

4 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

For those using the SE version, please redownload and install it. The grey face should be fixed now.

Unfortunately, it is not fixed. I have downloaded this file just about 20 minutes ago:

Laura's Bondage Shop v3.20 SSE version - by tznvlw.7z

Are you sure it is the updated one? Could you please add it as another file?

@Laura 'Lokomootje' I love this mod and everything it stands for. The writing is superb, the characters are well developed, but there's one thing I really don't get - why do Laura and Katarina have the crappy vanilla hair? In a modded Skyrim, with visual overhauls all over the place they both stand out, not in a good way. I get that they're not supposed to be eye candy's, but giving them a hair makeover wouldn't immediately change them into sex bombs, and it would just be beneficial for the overall looks of the otherwise great mod. Or maybe there's a reason behind it...? I'm actually curious.

@Laura 'Lokomootje' Thanks for the best and most stable mod by far. I like the quests an characters and above al, the soft and consentive approach to the bondage fetish. Other mods are just plain violent.

In the 3.20 changelog you write:

What She Deserves has by far the most changes.

Is it possible to replay that quest without reinstalling the whole Mod and restarting everything from scratch? Maybe not through the UI but is there maybe a console.command to do this "sestage whatever=1"

Ever thought about including some of the Bondage furniture animations/poses to the quests (again: the soft ones like Hogties or chairs/beds, not the violent shit)?

13 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I know that just missing a clue can be really annoying, but it's still much better than following a marker with barely any thought.

By the way, what do you mean with a non-dialogue conversation?

It's tough as a game designer to know what's too much or too little guidance to give a player, because the designer is always familiar with the scenario they laid out. What's obvious to them might not be obvious to the player, and it's a difficult line to walk. I just wanted to give feedback about places where I lost the trail.

Regarding non-dialog conversation, I mean the conversation between NPCs that happens outside of the interactive dialogue UI where you wait for an NPC to speak, then pick a response, back and forth.

So there's the Locked Away quest where the player gets belted for an unpredictable amount of time. It's kinda fun but also there's not a whole lot to it other than wearing the belt for a while. I was thinking it could be spiced up and made a bit more interactive:

Setup: Laura asks you to wear the belt and help spread the word about the shop. Player gets locked in the belt and goes out into the world all snug and secure.

While out in the world:
Randomly when speaking with a named NPC a dialogue tree option shows up where the player can mention that she's wearing a chastity belt and there's a place in Skyrim where the NPC could buy restraints just like it for their own. The NPC might show no interest, or be inquisitive and ask something like "Chastity? But what would be the point of a sex toy that prevents sex?" and the player responds "Being denied can make you so horny that you're almost willing to do anything to satisfy your urges."

The NPC can then offer a sex scene, saying something like "You mean to say that you're so desperate right now that if I offered to let you pleasure me right here, you'd go right ahead and do it?" and the player can respond positively and a sex scene plays, or reluctantly declines and the sex scene is skipped.

Reporting back to the shop:

Laura asks if you've had any luck spreading the word, and mentions a few new patrons have dropped by the shop. She says she'd like to credit you with brining them in, but wants to be sure it was really your recommendation that lead them to doing business there.

So she goes through the list of new patrons that you've interacted with. If the player chose to have sex then Laura would say that they were so impressed that they mentioned you by name when they came to the shop and so there's no need to confirm that recommendation. If the player declined to have sex Laura would challenge you to recall their name, and you'd be given a choice of names of various NPCs to pick from, and you'd have to identify one of the NPCs you interacted with. If you guess correctly you get credit for it, and if you guess incorrectly you don't get credit.

If you don't earn enough recommendation credits then Laura offers to either let you go back out into the world still belted to bring in more business, or offers to let you call it quits and pay a rental fee for your use of the belt instead, with some prorating if you've got some credits.

If you do earn enough recommendation credits, she pays you a handsome sum of gold and maybe also offers to let you pick out some free merchandise from the shop, which she helpfully ensures you're wearing when you leave!

Once again @Laura 'Lokomootje' I have to say how much I love this mod. I'm still very surprised it's your only one. It's exceptionally well done. Currently I'm enjoying the latest update. I think this weekend I may start a brand new character, quickly get up to level 10 or so, then play the whole thing all over!

As well, I also really like this thread. Lots of positive people in here! And having Laura herself answer things so quickly, and respond to comments is SOOOOOOoooooooo much better than any other mod I've followed. Don't get me wrong , obviously there are great mods out there, but the threads seem full of all sorts of negativity. I feel comfortable here. ?

Thank you for creating all this! 

11 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

For those using the SE version, please redownload and install it. The grey face should be fixed now.

i didnt have any issues with a grey face, guess i was luck? i did however have an issue with quest not complete, it was where you wear some items around for a few days and than you get paid but it would never complete and i was put in that cage, and it just stopped but that was the first version i installed so i will try it again here in a day or so and let you know

I still say you should have Laura sell more of the soulgem plugs and i am not sure if it was  cured loot or devious devices but there was a collar that would connect to nipple piercings thought that one was cool 

7 hours ago, DeWired said:

Some oldtimer's rant in spoiler.

Reveal hidden contents

Youngsters this days... In my time, we did quests without quest markers - we read in-game books (and out-game, too, I still have somewhere paperback manual for Daggerfall...), solved puzzles (not this modern "Look at the wall and match symbols") - real puzzles, with ciphers, clues and everything... Well, there was this one quest where you looked at wall and activated matched symbols - but there were 25 of them in correct order, and wall was in different place... And now - quest markers. On places (you have map, compass, and description of place, that's all you need), on people (just talk to everyone, learn their needs!), even on things (instead you can just poke everything interactive, loot anything lootable, and very carefully inspect everything else). How sad...

So... About quest markers... I have an idea of quest, where player is given instructions in note to NOT follow quest marker - and following it leads to ambush or some other complicated situation. Maybe, placing quest marker on someone who must be avoided, or some place to not appear near to... ?

that one would be cool quest but i would suggest a marker on genral location but must follow the instructions, hint or "riddle" to find the next pat of the quest this way you are pointing them but not spoon feeding