Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

On 9/25/2020 at 12:33 PM, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

We're still trying to figure out why it stops working at that point. It was super rare during testing and we couldn't reproduce it.

If it keeps stopping there, let me know.

Same here. Skyrim LE, latest version of the mod. Quest "Blending in", "follow holden" finished and the quest is stucked at "Wait for Katarina". No matter which answer picked to the sex dialogue, the respond to decline will always appear.

> [...]to satisfy our needs[...]

(Yes, sex scene)/(No)

< Yes

> That's the good girl.

> That's the wrong answer.

> I'll deal with you later.

(sex scene)

and stucked after the sex scene, does not work even with console command "enableplayercontrols".

36 minutes ago, illanzung said:

Same here. Skyrim LE, latest version of the mod. Quest "Blending in", "follow holden" finished and the quest is stucked at "Wait for Katarina". No matter which answer picked to the sex dialogue, the respond to decline will always appear.

> [...]to satisfy our needs[...]

(Yes, sex scene)/(No)

< Yes

> That's the good girl.

> That's the wrong answer.

> I'll deal with you later.

(sex scene)

and stucked after the sex scene, does not work even with console command "enableplayercontrols".

reload to after you read the ledger but before Holden pulls you over to the cage to have sex. In console, type "stopscene xx11F8DE" where xx is the mod load order. You can find the appropriate value for xx if you type in console "help Laura" and see what the first two values are for this mod's related stuff. This should fix the problem as it's caused by Ademar being stuck in a scene.

10 hours ago, Derenriche said:

I found the issue, its caused by the ademarkeypickup scene. After you pick up the storage key, the scene triggers and he will tell you he saw you take the key if you go near him as a comment. However this puts Ademar in a never-ending scene occupies him as an actor. Since CaveScene5 requires Ademar as an actor, but he is already part of another scene that will never end, CaveScene5 will permanently stall.

That makes so much sense. I never thought of that scene interfering. I'll take a look, thank you so much. :)

12 hours ago, Derenriche said:

I found the issue, its caused by the ademarkeypickup scene. After you pick up the storage key, the scene triggers and he will tell you he saw you take the key if you go near him as a comment. However this puts Ademar in a never-ending scene occupies him as an actor. Since CaveScene5 requires Ademar as an actor, but he is already part of another scene that will never end, CaveScene5 will permanently stall.

You're right. I just did some testing and it's his FG scene that can mess with CaveScene5.

If you manage to avoid the FG, it can't start CaveScene5 because an actor isn't available.

It's rare because you also have to talk to him to swap, so if pick up the key last and then run past him, it will fail to start.

This has been bothering me for so long, but I never thought of his FG scene getting stuck. Thank you so much. ❤️

I'll release a fixed version soon.

10 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

You're right. I just did some testing and it's his FG scene that can mess with CaveScene5.

If you manage to avoid the FG, it can't start CaveScene5 because an actor isn't available.

It's rare because you also have to talk to him to swap, so if pick up the key last and then run past him, it will fail to start.

This has been bothering me for so long, but I never thought of his FG scene getting stuck. Thank you so much. ❤️

I'll release a fixed version soon.

It’s weird because even talking to him would not end the scene for me. He just seems to be stuck in the scene forever, I had to call stop scene in console to make it work.

8 minutes ago, Derenriche said:

It’s weird because even talking to him would not end the scene for me. He just seems to be stuck in the scene forever, I had to call stop scene in console to make it work.

That's weird, but FGs are notoriously buggy.

I'm 99% sure that the others who had this we're also a victim to ForceGreet bugginess. So I can now eliminate this nasty bug for good.

Thanks again for finding it. :)

Just now, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

That's weird, but FGs are notoriously buggy.

I'm 99% sure that the others who had this we're also a victim to ForceGreet bugginess. So I can now eliminate this nasty bug for good.

Thanks again for finding it. :)

You’re welcome, that bug was annoying me so much I spent half an hour learning how scenes work to deal with it.?

So i'm trying the questline from beginning with new DD5 beta, so far ok. First time i see something odd is during What She Deserves:

- I saw some Xayah's line flash by quickly, i think it was just before "This is about sending a message" line. Is there a way to set how long some line stays on screen? I don't actually see any duration values in TES5Edit, i don't know how these work and i couldn't even find Xayah's monologue in there.

- During this time DCL rape triggered (before i figured i should really turn that off for now...) it unequipped the blindfold for sex scene. Sure it's mostly DCL to blame but i do see in TES5Edit there's Strong Leather Blindfold which is missing zad_BlockGeneric keyword for the Rendered item. Every other item seems to have it on both Inventory and Rendered but i didn't check all carefully.

- After the player cage scene and she removed the gear from me, Laura also became naked. Now i'm unsure if that remains to be the case later or what caused it.

Edit: - During Blending In, after legbinder was removed the straightjacket wasn't equipped on again. I could put it on manually to temp fix it.

... And since i CTD'd during quicksave i had to do it again, and straightjacket did equip this time ?  Skyrim is Skyrim sometimes...

Edit2: So this part where Holden wants to put player back to cage and then wait for Katarina, player doesn't walk in the cage now. Holden just walks away. I tried this a couple times now, it just won't go on regardless if i choose to deny or allow sex. So quest is really stuck this time. I did take a manual backup before questline though.

I did also try to forcefully move player into the cage, seems perfect center coords are (X: 110, Y: -500, Z: -80). But it didn't trigger it anyway, cage door remained open.

7 hours ago, Zaflis said:

So i'm trying the questline from beginning with new DD5 beta, so far ok. First time i see something odd is during What She Deserves:

- I saw some Xayah's line flash by quickly, i think it was just before "This is about sending a message" line. Is there a way to set how long some line stays on screen? I don't actually see any duration values in TES5Edit, i don't know how these work and i couldn't even find Xayah's monologue in there.

- During this time DCL rape triggered (before i figured i should really turn that off for now...) it unequipped the blindfold for sex scene. Sure it's mostly DCL to blame but i do see in TES5Edit there's Strong Leather Blindfold which is missing zad_BlockGeneric keyword for the Rendered item. Every other item seems to have it on both Inventory and Rendered but i didn't check all carefully.

- After the player cage scene and she removed the gear from me, Laura also became naked. Now i'm unsure if that remains to be the case later or what caused it.

Edit: - During Blending In, after legbinder was removed the straightjacket wasn't equipped on again. I could put it on manually to temp fix it.

... And since i CTD'd during quicksave i had to do it again, and straightjacket did equip this time ?  Skyrim is Skyrim sometimes...

Edit2: So this part where Holden wants to put player back to cage and then wait for Katarina, player doesn't walk in the cage now. Holden just walks away. I tried this a couple times now, it just won't go on regardless if i choose to deny or allow sex. So quest is really stuck this time. I did take a manual backup before questline though.

I did also try to forcefully move player into the cage, seems perfect center coords are (X: 110, Y: -500, Z: -80). But it didn't trigger it anyway, cage door remained open.

see above for my fix to your last issue.

8 hours ago, Zaflis said:

The timing of the lines are automatically done by Fuz Ro D-oh. I don't think this has anything to do with DD.

Her suit isn't locked on. It doesn't function as a device and I don't think DD5 randomly strips people. This sounds like you've got mods messing with things.

Since you CTD'd, I suspect there's a performance issue that messed it up the first time. You could also be a victim of Skyrim. :P

That's a known bug, but I finally know what causes it so it'll be fixed in the next version.

Thanks for testing it by the way. :)

1 hour ago, griffinpyros said:

I saw how you were looking over various hair styles for the characters. I use this as a main stay in my builds for npc's that aren't upgraded via all the npc overhaul mods I have. I thought it might help here aswell.

Superior Lore-friendly Hair

That looks really good. But it does have strict permissions and I don't know if the author likes it when I tell em that it's for an LL mod.

50 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

That looks really good. But it does have strict permissions and I don't know if the author likes it when I tell em that it's for an LL mod.

How about KS-Hairdos?

I am pretty sure they have open permissions because DCL's Sasha and Lea have their hair from there. It also seems you can port only the hairs you need in order not to make that mod a dependency

14 hours ago, thedarkone1234 said:

How about KS-Hairdos?

I am pretty sure they have open permissions because DCL's Sasha and Lea have their hair from there. It also seems you can port only the hairs you need in order not to make that mod a dependency

They look way too fancy to me. They're fancy even by modern standards. But I'll probably take a look a them.

14 hours ago, griffinpyros said:

Hmm, well, I suppose you can always list is as Reccomended but not required?

That's actually a really good solution. I'll probably do that.

just an idea

for some hard to unlock devious devices(specifically referring to yoke and armbinders, where you can have the key and still struggle to unlock them)

maybe laura can add a quest that tells player to do a delivery or wear laura's belt for a set duration or something, and rewards in unlocking the restraint?

42 minutes ago, ahboojiga123 said:

just an idea

for some hard to unlock devious devices (specifically referring to yoke and armbinders, where you can have the key and still struggle to unlock them)

maybe laura can add a quest that tells player to do a delivery or wear laura's belt for a set duration or something, and rewards in unlocking the restraint?

No, I don't think that helping the PC out of any binds fits in Laura's character, as far as I can tell from the current dialogue. When she offers you to tie you up, she even takes away your keys (and never returns them) because she likes the happy smile on a helplessly bound sub.

"I actually like being on the other side of this. I understand why master did this." ?

For Armbinders you can set the "sharp item chance" in DCL higher, and for the yoke there's a quest from the innkeepers. I don't see any need to have yet another mod helping you with these. Try Devious Lore or Devious Helpers to have more/ better chances to get free.

Concerning the discussion about Laura's and Katharina's hair: I couldn't care less. I like them the way they are, DCL's Sasha, Leah udn Dollmaker's hair really stand out as not from this world.

jm2c,

Joe.

:exclamation:Is it normal I wasn't shackled as well during this cutscene?

Happened to me as well, when I started that scene with the MC already wearing bondage gear (Lauras Outfit with catsuit, leather Arm/Legcuffs etc..). Probably the shakles can'
t get equipped in this case (played on SE)

I restarted the sequence from a Save before entering the store. Before opening the shop door, I redressed the MC into normal Adventurer clothing, then the shackles got attached correctly.

8 hours ago, ahboojiga123 said:

just an idea

for some hard to unlock devious devices(specifically referring to yoke and armbinders, where you can have the key and still struggle to unlock them)

Making a seperate quest for unlocking is too much effort I think. But I was planning to make getting unlocked a reward for existing quests. :)

6 hours ago, sonjohandbzx said:

Finished [Ghosts Of The Past]. Waiting for the next step(s) in the questline.:D

Reveal hidden contents

Oh, I so wanted to go head-to-head with Sloane's guards.
:exclamation:Is it normal I wasn't shackled as well during this cutscene?

:)

Spoiler

It's not set to remove everything, but in that context I think it makes sense why you don't have control even without the shackles.

It also won't make much sense for them to unlock whatever you're wearing.

52 minutes ago, DeltaAlphaHalo said:

i can't seem to find sirgen in falkreath 

The clues  (and a spoiler with the answer) have been given a few times in here. The latest time is within the last 2 pages. 

The guards tell you where he was. Search there.   ?

Or read the last couple pages here and you'll see the answer.