Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

16 minutes ago, Jimi123 said:

[The Trapped Hunter] I changed some dialogue to hopefully make sure people don't mistakingly go too deep. 

Any Tips ? i am still going complete through... it... and nothing ? 

Spoiler

when you enter the dungeon...go straight...you will see a fire trap. before the trap ...if you look left there will be a boss chest. there is a note in that chest. read it. and the quest will be updated.

hi @Laura 'Lokomootje' ..was wondering whether there was a console code to find the remaining days in "locked away" quest? seem to be stuck in it. have the min days as 3 and max days as 7 in the mcm. been about 7 days in game and it's not yet over. does sleeping extend time ? my pc sleeps about 6-8 hrs cause I have some needs mods. don't want to end quest via DDi mcm. thanks again.

13 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

When I start working on a quest the dialogue is always too long and descriptive. So I remove a lot of stuff that won't be missed. I do that because I don't want to let characters say exactly what they feel or want. I think it's much more fun when the player figures that out themselves. People IRL really rarely fully open up and go into detail, so I also think it's more realistic this way.

Yes, but IRL we also have metacommunication. Facial Expression, behavior, body language, gestures, etc. Since we lose these in games, the dialogs must be a bit more descriptive than IRL talk.

Also, there is this trend in gaming (which I don't like), that they tend to make things easy for the player. The game explains what the player has to do multiple times, there is an arrow to follow, etc. On the other side, very long dialogs and texts disappeared from games, simply because players don't read them. For example, who reads the books in Skyrim?

I played this mod about a half year ago, but I don't remember having any issues with your dialogs. So I'm OK with sorter dialogs.

1 hour ago, monsta88 said:

For example, who reads the books in Skyrim?

*raises hand* Though I can easily imagine I'm in the minority there. It's one of the roleplay things I often do. At the end of each day's adventuring, my character often curls up with a book by the fire. Assuming she isn't bound, hooded, gagged and locked up in a cage for the night... ?

4 hours ago, monsta88 said:

For example, who reads the books in Skyrim?

Me :classic_shy:

2 hours ago, merManc said:

It's one of the roleplay things I often do.

+1

That's the way to solve quests. (tradtion, learned it back in the days of tabletop games or text adventures)

16 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

NPCs in straitjackets don't work. Their hands don't dissappear so you'll see floating hands at their sides.

I did notice in the DDx esm that while the straitjacket armour addons have the hands slot (and a few others) as well as the body slot, the rendered armour record only has the body slot. Would it make a difference if you created a custom jacket that also put the hands slot on the actual armour record? That would replace the hands completely, rather than relying on slot priorities, which do often seem to go wrong at the best of times. Or is it just NPCs being awkward whatever happens?

(a tiny note on the new quest)

Spoiler
22 hours ago, mrsupersecretpants said:

I also liked the touch of "giving" them the chains, heh. Should have included a dialogue option to let the player keep theirs on

Ah, I thought as much, that I should have been in chains too. I had the foresight to tell Mistress to bloody wait outside, but as I am wearing Submissive Lola's slave collar, as well as high security arm shackles and leg irons, those slave chains failed to equip.

9 hours ago, monsta88 said:

Yes, but IRL we also have metacommunication. Facial Expression, behavior, body language, gestures, etc. Since we lose these in games, the dialogs must be a bit more descriptive than IRL talk.

Aaaand with a voiced dialogue we would have the emotions, feelings, intentions that are all in the voice. From those lines of written dialogue I cannot tell if Sloane is an upstart from the gutter or some high classed duke who lost a toy. So don't have scruples to add longer lines of text.

I know I shouldn't volunteer, but is there any chance to get this mod voiced? I have not the faintest idea how much work that would be, as I've never done any mod myself. Wouldn't be able to speak any of the girls, because I am a male with a Deep voice. Yes, that's a capital deep.

Thank you very much for this mod, the new quest and the massive teaser!?

20 hours ago, CanoLathra said:

New quest? And re-writing of the old quests?

Guess I better make a new character, then. That said, I've been thinking of making a new character anyway, since I downloaded yet another race.

:)

18 hours ago, Dude2000 said:

I have repeated the whole story. Everything went flawlessly. The story is quite enticing and one can almost feel where this is going. Especially the last surprise scene I almost anticipated. Well done! I only noticed a black face bug with Sloane.

Thank you. :)

She shouldn't have a blackface though. The facegen files are in the download. Do you use SE?

14 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

Can't wait to destroy Sloane after that introduction. Screw her private army, I'm the dragonborn ffs.

Btw. why do I have a feeling the "perfect slave" will be the player serving Sloane for a while and killing her undercover?

It's not just about being strong. Katarina is also a great warrior, but she knows that attacking her means that Laura or the player could get hurt or killed.

14 hours ago, WaterRabbit said:

On the SSE version of the "Ghosts of the Past" quest, it hangs when entering the shop with Sloane and her guards (Stage 550).  The character is locked in place at the door and the scene doesn't progress -- everyone just stands around.  Also Sloane has the blackface issue as well.

Thanks for the report. I'll let him know.

13 hours ago, tznvlw said:

for NPCs "black face", you need do this, export facegendata by press Ctrl + F4 in CK (Creation Kit) if If you are familiar with it

That shouldn't be needed because the face gen files are in the download. Maybe it has something to do with SE.

10 hours ago, darktej said:

hi @Laura 'Lokomootje' ..was wondering whether there was a console code to find the remaining days in "locked away" quest? seem to be stuck in it. have the min days as 3 and max days as 7 in the mcm. been about 7 days in game and it's not yet over. does sleeping extend time ? my pc sleeps about 6-8 hrs cause I have some needs mods. don't want to end quest via DDi mcm. thanks again.

It's only calculated when you ask her about the belt. So you need to ask her and when you have the option to ask for release, back out and open the console.

Then type 'sqv Laura_SecureBeltQuest'. Look for says passed and days needed.

There is also a chance that she extended the days needed. She sometimes does that when you ask too early.

9 hours ago, monsta88 said:

Also, there is this trend in gaming (which I don't like), that they tend to make things easy for the player. The game explains what the player has to do multiple times, there is an arrow to follow, etc. On the other side, very long dialogs and texts disappeared from games, simply because players don't read them. For example, who reads the books in Skyrim?

I played this mod about a half year ago, but I don't remember having any issues with your dialogs. So I'm OK with sorter dialogs.

Yeah it's tricky. Stuff like double meanings and sarcasm is almost impossible with only text. Emotion is also really tricky when you only have text.

9 hours ago, Caladian said:

I know this has been said a few times but thank you for this amazing mod and the work you put in it! @Laura 'Lokomootje'

:blush:

4 hours ago, merManc said:

I did notice in the DDx esm that while the straitjacket armour addons have the hands slot (and a few others) as well as the body slot, the rendered armour record only has the body slot. Would it make a difference if you created a custom jacket that also put the hands slot on the actual armour record? That would replace the hands completely, rather than relying on slot priorities, which do often seem to go wrong at the best of times. Or is it just NPCs being awkward whatever happens?

You could be on to something, but I don't know much about that.

But I don't want to make a custom restraint that functions differently from the other ones. I'm okay with changing properties, that why they're there. But stuff like changing armor addons can cause a compatibility nightmare.

25 minutes ago, CaptainJ03 said:

(a tiny note on the new quest)

Reveal hidden contents

Ah, I thought as much, that I should have been in chains too. I had the foresight to tell Mistress to bloody wait outside, but as I am wearing Submissive Lola's slave collar, as well as high security arm shackles and leg irons, those slave chains failed to equip.

Aaaand with a voiced dialogue we would have the emotions, feelings, intentions that are all in the voice. From those lines of written dialogue I cannot tell if Sloane is an upstart from the gutter or some high classed duke who lost a toy. So don't have scruples to add longer lines of text.

I know I shouldn't volunteer, but is there any chance to get this mod voiced? I have not the faintest idea how much work that would be, as I've never done any mod myself. Wouldn't be able to speak any of the girls, because I am a male with a Deep voice. Yes, that's a capital deep.

Thank you very much for this mod, the new quest and the massive teaser!?

Voice acting isn't going to happen. It would be great if it was possible, but it's sadly a very bad idea.

For example: this update changed older dialogue. So I had to re-do the dialogue if the VA was available and maybe even completely replace the VA if the other isn't available.

Voicing Laura would be fun, but I'm not a native speaker so I'm worried about my accent.

It's hard to find/redo/add stuff with VAs and sometimes even impossible, but the main reason is that it will take a lot longer.

I also just have too many characters.

43 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

It's not just about being strong. Katarina is also a great warrior, but she knows that attacking her means that Laura or the player could get hurt or killed.

In that first introduction it was smart, true. But later on is another matter. And Kat is just a mercenary while the player is a legend.

I was wondering why Sloane didn't just enslave Laura and Kat when she had them in chains anyway. But on the other hand it would probably be the end of their quest^^ And putting someone in chains just for a short business chat is a bit rude and maybe excessive.

47 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Thank you. :)

She shouldn't have a blackface though. The facegen files are in the download. Do you use SE?

Yes, I use SE. Sloane is the only NPC which is affected by that. Maybe her file got lost somehow? Which filename should I look for?

I have found the following in \Data\Meshes\actors\character\FaceGenData\FaceGeom\Laura's Bondage Shop.esp:

00004440.NIF
0001D33E.NIF
00028AF1.NIF
0004E6D8.NIF
000742F4.NIF
00076346.NIF
000778D4.NIF
000788FF.NIF
000793C8.NIF
000793CB.NIF
0007993B.NIF
0007995D.NIF
0007B45D.NIF
0007BF25.NIF
0007BF30.NIF
0007BF34.NIF
000D8440.NIF
000D8441.NIF
000D8442.NIF
000D89A5.NIF
000D89A6.NIF
000D89A7.NIF
000D89A8.NIF
000D8F12.NIF
000D8F13.NIF
000D8F14.NIF
000D8F15.NIF
000D8F16.NIF
000D8F17.NIF
000F1ACE.NIF
000F1ACF.NIF
000F1AD0.NIF
000F1AD1.NIF
000F1AD2.NIF
000F1AD3.NIF
0011DDC4.NIF
0011DDC5.NIF
0011DDC6.NIF
00128546.NIF
00131249.NIF

4 minutes ago, xyzxyz said:

39 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

In that first introduction it was smart, true. But later on is another matter. And Kat is just a mercenary while the player is a legend.

Just imagine those blokes in steel armour not wearing swords but crossbows. Laura would be dead the second one of us touches a weapon.

And I disagree about the PC being a legend. If you start with LAL and skip the mainquest you're not the Dragonborn. Most of the time I am naked, stuck in chains, and trying to please my Mistress. Yes, I know on with end to grab a sword, but I know even better how to run!

36 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Voice acting isn't going to happen.

(...)

Voicing Laura would be fun, but I'm not a native speaker so I'm worried about my accent.

That's a pity, but I understand your reluctance. There are very few voice acted mods here on LL.

I wouldn't worry about her/your accent though, it just gives a bit flesh to the character. I'm pretty sure that being german I'd have a strange acccent, too?

without giving away spoilers, I am getting stuck on that Holden scene of the quest 'Blending In' before getting back into the cage.  After the scene, PC is stuck without control in the outfit he gave, doesn't get back into the cage, and scene does not progress :/
Before the last update I haven't had this issue, but now I cannot progress past 'Blending in', and don't want to go through that whole quest a third time to have it get stuck again.  Is there any way around it that might help the scene progress?  I've tried both available options given by Holden

31 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Voice acting isn't going to happen. It would be great if it was possible, but it's sadly a very bad idea.

Adding to the list of challenges for voice acting, unless it's very well done it can be worse than no voice.  I've tried some highly rated mods with voiced custom dialog that actually detracted from the experience.  Sometimes voices are simply too soft.  Others might be over-acted, so it sounds like the character is performing in a high school play.  Others are almost monotone.  And some voices just don't fit the character.  That's sad, because someone went to a lot of effort to add voiced dialog that ended up reducing the overall quality.

21 minutes ago, CaptainJ03 said:

If you start with LAL and skip the mainquest you're not the Dragonborn.

This is me every time. I always start with Live Another Life (usually for the free Hearthfire house) and don't engage the main quest at all with every character. Suddenly having to face a dragon after being hit with a particularly bad Cursed Loot bondage event tends to not end well for me. 

25 minutes ago, CaptainJ03 said:

Just imagine those blokes in steel armour not wearing swords but crossbows. Laura would be dead the second one of us touches a weapon.

And I disagree about the PC being a legend. If you start with LAL and skip the mainquest you're not the Dragonborn. Most of the time I am naked, stuck in chains, and trying to please my Mistress. Yes, I know on with end to grab a sword, but I know even better how to run!

As I said in the next post fighting Sloane and her army in another encounter on the players terms would be fun. Not in the first one where she surprised everyone.
And you can't play this mod as helpless slave running around naked and bound since you have to do a bit of fighting in some of the quests. This is Skyrim, being a heroine with super powers (shouts) is the core of the game. If you want to play a nobody go play the sims ^^

1 hour ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

:classic_laugh: Emma made her swedish accent a feature, when she voiced Vilja http://lovkullen.net/Emma/ 

(Though I think she exaggerated it as much as possible :classic_biggrin: )

Why not having Laura speaking with one, too? Who told anything about accents in Skyrim? :classic_smile:

But the many-character question remains. Unless we employ AI generated voices, I don't see a solution for mods. :classic_unsure:

I've tested one public available engine and it's quite good, even able to simulate some emotion. But it lacks the variety of natural VAs.

23 minutes ago, SiegfreidZ said:

This is me every time. I always start with Live Another Life (usually for the free Hearthfire house) and don't engage the main quest at all with every character. Suddenly having to face a dragon after being hit with a particularly bad Cursed Loot bondage event tends to not end well for me. 

You're always the dragonborn. In vanilla you start as prisoner that's not very heroic either^^ . Cursed loot and DDs in generell are like a balancing factor for the DBs power in my game for me or in case of willingly bound just kinky playing around.

50 minutes ago, xyzxyz said:

I was wondering why Sloane didn't just enslave Laura and Kat when she had them in chains anyway. But on the other hand it would probably be the end of their quest^^ And putting someone in chains just for a short business chat is a bit rude and maybe excessive.

A lot of hat will be explained in future quests. :)

50 minutes ago, Dude2000 said:

Yes, I use SE. Sloane is the only NPC which is affected by that. Maybe her file got lost somehow? Which filename should I look for?

I have found the following in \Data\Meshes\actors\character\FaceGenData\FaceGeom\Laura's Bondage Shop.esp:

00004440.NIF
0001D33E.NIF
00028AF1.NIF
0004E6D8.NIF
000742F4.NIF
00076346.NIF
000778D4.NIF
000788FF.NIF
000793C8.NIF
000793CB.NIF
0007993B.NIF
0007995D.NIF
0007B45D.NIF
0007BF25.NIF
0007BF30.NIF
0007BF34.NIF
000D8440.NIF
000D8441.NIF
000D8442.NIF
000D89A5.NIF
000D89A6.NIF
000D89A7.NIF
000D89A8.NIF
000D8F12.NIF
000D8F13.NIF
000D8F14.NIF
000D8F15.NIF
000D8F16.NIF
000D8F17.NIF
000F1ACE.NIF
000F1ACF.NIF
000F1AD0.NIF
000F1AD1.NIF
000F1AD2.NIF
000F1AD3.NIF
0011DDC4.NIF
0011DDC5.NIF
0011DDC6.NIF
00128546.NIF
00131249.NIF

It could have something do to with the conversion. I'll ask him.

35 minutes ago, CaptainJ03 said:

That too. The player isn't always a badass.

35 minutes ago, CaptainJ03 said:

That's a pity, but I understand your reluctance. There are very few voice acted mods here on LL.

I wouldn't worry about her/your accent though, it just gives a bit flesh to the character. I'm pretty sure that being german I'd have a strange acccent, too?

I'm Dutch, so our accents are probably similar. :)

33 minutes ago, sunnydayknight said:

without giving away spoilers, I am getting stuck on that Holden scene of the quest 'Blending In' before getting back into the cage.  After the scene, PC is stuck without control in the outfit he gave, doesn't get back into the cage, and scene does not progress :/
Before the last update I haven't had this issue, but now I cannot progress past 'Blending in', and don't want to go through that whole quest a third time to have it get stuck again.  Is there any way around it that might help the scene progress?  I've tried both available options given by Holden

Do you always get stuck there when you play it?

Are you using SE?

32 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

Adding to the list of challenges for voice acting, unless it's very well done it can be worse than no voice.  I've tried some highly rated mods with voiced custom dialog that actually detracted from the experience.  Sometimes voices are simply too soft.  Others might be over-acted, so it sounds like the character is performing in a high school play.  Others are almost monotone.  And some voices just don't fit the character.  That's sad, because someone went to a lot of effort to add voiced dialog that ended up reducing the overall quality.

That's also a big reason. Bad VA work can also ruin something.

I like that you're all encouraging me, but I've never done voice acting or even just acting. So I really don't think it'll be any good.

12 minutes ago, xyzxyz said:

As I said in the next post fighting Sloane and her army in another encounter on the players terms would be fun. Not in the first one where she surprised everyone.
And you can't play this mod as helpless slave running around naked and bound since you have to do a bit of fighting in some of the quests. This is Skyrim, being a heroine with super powers (shouts) is the core of the game. If you want to play a nobody go play the sims ^^

Letting the player choose to fight when they want to could be really. I've been thinking of adding something like that.

10 minutes ago, worik said:

:classic_laugh: Emma made her swedish accent a feature, when she voiced Vilja http://lovkullen.net/Emma/ 

(Though I think she exaggerated it as much as possible :classic_biggrin: )

Why not having Laura speaking with one, too? Who told anything about accents in Skyrim? :classic_smile:

But the many-character question remains. Unless we employ AI generated voices, I don't see a solution for mods. :classic_unsure:

I've tested one public available engine and it's quite good, even able to simulate some emotion. But it lacks the variety of natural VAs.

I'm not even sure if I'm any good at voice acting. But if I do it it'll be a seperate mod with just 1 character. It's much easier to manage and try things with a small mod.

1 hour ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

You could be on to something, but I don't know much about that.

But I don't want to make a custom restraint that functions differently from the other ones. I'm okay with changing properties, that why they're there. But stuff like changing armor addons can cause a compatibility nightmare.

I got curious and couldn't resist having a quick go.

With TES5Edit I copied (as new records into a new esp) the rendered and inventory armour records for the standard black leather straitjacket to create a new device, linked them together, and added slot 33 to the rendered record (which - like the rest of the straitjackets in DDx - only has slot 32 set.) I left the AA unchanged; my rendered record still links to the one in DDx. Then I went and grabbed everyone's favourite burden-carrier for testing purposes:

Spoiler

Original DDx straitjacket

? ☹️

1944618509_ddxjacket.jpg.5344ba1a8b64686a0df305283715a635.jpg

Test straitjacket

? ?

2112851488_testjacket.jpg.acb5538a00fa3ffb60cbb2dba6d905b7.jpg

Lydia's reaction at being my test subject

? ?

unimpressed.jpg.2de512226f773c4225a663ec1b5a5ab6.jpg

Well, it would have been her reaction. If she'd still had hands.

So, possibly promising there. Adding slot 33 to the rendered record for a straitjacket might prevent floating NPC hands. It only took a couple of minutes to put the esp together, and I'd be happy to upload it if you'd like to take a look. Perhaps @Kimy might want to see the results in case it could be applied to the original DDx jackets? (Or perhaps there's a good reason this hasn't been implemented already.)

If it does pass more thorough testing it could allow for Kata in a jacket if that's something you'd like to do at some point. Though, of course, that's entirely up to you. Lydia and I had fun testing it either way!