Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

4 hours ago, CanoLathra said:

I seem to be having an issue with the latest version. When I go and ask to find some cursed restraints, dialogue continues as normal, Laura gives me a name and a city, but then no quest starts. I'm not sure why. I do not have any of her story quests active, so that's not the problem. I tried starting the next story quest, and that works (I reverted the save afterwords to not have it active). I have not tested the delivery quest.

Are you using SE?

Are you using Alternate start?

20 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

It takes a lot of work to get some of them and even the practical ones look too nice.

Thinking about it Laura is an owner of a bondage shop, it's in her job description to know knots that would make carribean pirates feel inadequate. If anyone can make overly complicated braid seem like it's nothing - it's probably Laura :).

Cool mod.

I think the only thing that I would want is after doing a certain number of jobs, you get an increase in pay as the shop does better.

It would be nice to see that your efforts are helping the shop, plus it means that doing the jobs can be worthwhile for higher leveled players.

If you wanted to get fancy you could increase the stock shown in the shop, or maybe add some more furnishing ect to show that the shop is getting more money ect.

6 hours ago, kapibar said:

Thinking about it Laura is an owner of a bondage shop, it's in her job description to know knots that would make carribean pirates feel inadequate. If anyone can make overly complicated braid seem like it's nothing - it's probably Laura :).

You've got a point. ?

2 hours ago, CanoLathra said:

I am using SE, and I am not using Alternate Start.

Sounds like it fails to fill an alias.

If you can, try it with a new game. If it still doesn't work, please post the papyrus log.

51 minutes ago, Forgetandeatcake said:

Cool mod.

I think the only thing that I would want is after doing a certain number of jobs, you get an increase in pay as the shop does better.

It would be nice to see that your efforts are helping the shop, plus it means that doing the jobs can be worthwhile for higher leveled players.

If you wanted to get fancy you could increase the stock shown in the shop, or maybe add some more furnishing ect to show that the shop is getting more money ect.

That's a really cool idea. I wanted to add rewards for doing the repeatable quests, but adding stuff to the shop is really cool.

Hey Laura have you ever thought about adding that Laura could lend out a bed for any desperate adventurers in return of a favor ? I´ve found myself sleeping in the shop multiple times due to the rain and cold. The floor is getting really uncomfortable though ?

Since you say " I want the shop to be a safe place for the kinky adventurer"  i feel like it would be a nice little idea.

8 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Sounds like it fails to fill an alias.

If you can, try it with a new game. If it still doesn't work, please post the papyrus log.

This was a new game. I mean, I could try creating a new character and then immediately going to the shop, but there wouldn't be much difference.

And it didn't even work when the target was in Whiterun, which I had already explored thoroughly, so I don't think it's an issue with areas that haven't been loaded yet.

NOTE: It started working, but only after completing the quest in the slavers' cave. No idea why. Papyrus Log doesn't seem to show anything different between this time and the previous times.

I started a new game with the new version.  The main quests worked good for me with one exception.  I got to the point in ghosts of the past where I had to go to Knife Point Ridge.  I entered the mine and completed the quest.  Every time I exited the mine, I would get a CTD.

Is this an issue with the Mod, or something to do with my load order?

4 hours ago, Xuvish said:

Every time I exited the mine, I would get a CTD.

Do you have any mods that alter area of Falkreath? I recently had problem while using Stynja Watch. CTD's in the Knifepoint Ridge were pretty normal.

14 hours ago, Dude2000 said:

Yes, now it is fixed!

That's good to hear. Thanks for letting me know. :)

10 hours ago, AkiKay said:

Hey Laura have you ever thought about adding that Laura could lend out a bed for any desperate adventurers in return of a favor ? I´ve found myself sleeping in the shop multiple times due to the rain and cold. The floor is getting really uncomfortable though ?

Since you say " I want the shop to be a safe place for the kinky adventurer"  i feel like it would be a nice little idea.

I wanted to do something like that as part of a roleplay thingy. But maybe it would also be nice as a seperate thing.

5 hours ago, CanoLathra said:

This was a new game. I mean, I could try creating a new character and then immediately going to the shop, but there wouldn't be much difference.

And it didn't even work when the target was in Whiterun, which I had already explored thoroughly, so I don't think it's an issue with areas that haven't been loaded yet.

NOTE: It started working, but only after completing the quest in the slavers' cave. No idea why. Papyrus Log doesn't seem to show anything different between this time and the previous times.

I think it failed to spawn a character, but when times passed, it automatically respawned which made it work again.

5 hours ago, Xuvish said:

I started a new game with the new version.  The main quests worked good for me with one exception.  I got to the point in ghosts of the past where I had to go to Knife Point Ridge.  I entered the mine and completed the quest.  Every time I exited the mine, I would get a CTD.

My mod doesn't change anything in that area. There's no way my mod causes that.

6 hours ago, Xuvish said:

How far advanced are you in Boethia's Calling? That quest massively alters the cave, and that extra-chest would likely crash it.

...oh wait, you said exit, not enter. That would be a perfectly normal Skyrim CTD, try again at Full Moon! ?

@Laura 'Lokomootje' - did you cross-check possible issues with the daedric quest?

6 hours ago, CaptainJ03 said:

How far advanced are you in Boethia's Calling? That quest massively alters the cave, and that extra-chest would likely crash it.

...oh wait, you said exit, not enter. That would be a perfectly normal Skyrim CTD, try again at Full Moon! ?

@Laura 'Lokomootje' - did you cross-check possible issues with the daedric quest?

I did not start either of the Daedric qeuests.  Killing the cultist, or going into the house in Markarth.

There were two chests, and the note to continue the ghosts of the past quest was in the 2nd chest.  

I was able to complete the quest by using teleport player feature from Devious Framework. 

Just on a side note, I sometimes have similar issues with the Proving Honor quest from Companions bringing Farkas to Dustman's Cairn.  

Unfortunately, I can confirm that the holden cage problem where scene just does not progress and player is stuck for caveScene5 is still persisting in 3.20. Any solutions to bypass this?

EDIT: I can confirm that CaveScene5 does start, but it just cannot seem to progress past starting. I'm looking at the scene in TES5Edit, it looks like the scene is suppose to start with Holden saying "its time to get back into your cage" followed by some dialogue, but instead he just buggers off and the scene is stuck permanently.

I've been super eager to finally play the latest story update to the mod, and playing through it again has been a lot of fun. However, I'm having a really strange issue regarding the dialogue. Kat or Laura will start talking, then part way through their dialogue, the text stops showing up and their mouths keep moving. Eventually the conversation ends and I'm given my next objective. I have a feeling it has something to do with one of my other mods, but I have no idea what it could be. I was wondering if anyone else had the same issue. I know Zaz often causes a huge amount of problems whenever I try a build that has that as a requirement, so maybe one of those is doing it.

14 hours ago, Derenriche said:

Unfortunately, I can confirm that the holden cage problem where scene just does not progress and player is stuck for caveScene5 is still persisting in 3.20. Any solutions to bypass this?

We still don't know what it is or what causes it. It's been too rare and it's not reproducable yet. So it's almost impossible to track it down.

The only thing I know is that it seems a lot more common in an install with performance issues.

Trying again usually always works because it's kinda rare. But if it still doesn't work please let me know because I may need your help tracking it down.

14 hours ago, griffinpyros said:

I've been super eager to finally play the latest story update to the mod, and playing through it again has been a lot of fun. However, I'm having a really strange issue regarding the dialogue. Kat or Laura will start talking, then part way through their dialogue, the text stops showing up and their mouths keep moving. Eventually the conversation ends and I'm given my next objective. I have a feeling it has something to do with one of my other mods, but I have no idea what it could be. I was wondering if anyone else had the same issue. I know Zaz often causes a huge amount of problems whenever I try a build that has that as a requirement, so maybe one of those is doing it.

Thank you. :blush:

Not sure what could cause that though. All I can think of is that there's something wrong with your Fuz Ro D-oh install, but maybe it's something else.

31 minutes ago, griffinpyros said:

I used to see the same thing, and in my case it was because I only had one subtitles option activated in the game settings. There are two, which I hadn't realised. I think one is for within the actual dialogue interface and the other is for comments being spoken in general. Both need to be activated to make sure you can read everything that's being said.

If they're both already switched on, I wouldn't know what to suggest.

1 hour ago, merManc said:

I used to see the same thing, and in my case it was because I only had one subtitles option activated in the game settings. There are two, which I hadn't realised. I think one is for within the actual dialogue interface and the other is for comments being spoken in general. Both need to be activated to make sure you can read everything that's being said.

If they're both already switched on, I wouldn't know what to suggest.

Yes, thankyou. For some reason, both were turned off. Must have been from when I had to reinstall my C drive. Best I can guess anyway.

2 hours ago, griffinpyros said:

However, I'm having a really strange issue regarding the dialogue. Kat or Laura will start talking, then part way through their dialogue, the text stops showing up and their mouths keep moving. Eventually the conversation ends and I'm given my next objective.

How far away have you been from them? I had it once in What She Deserves when I stay still where the AI puts me, and they have their dialogue at the breakfast table, their text didn't show up. I had to take two steps in their direction to have the text again.

Aaaand when you're standing still for too long and that bloody auto-flying camera starts, the text won't be displayed either.

28 minutes ago, griffinpyros said:

Turning the captions back on seems to have fixed it and I'm able to get all the dialogue now. Just stuck in Falkreath trying to find Sirgen and Dynane. The guards say he's already dead and I'm not sure where to go from here.

The guards mentioned where Sirgen was located in Falkreath, so check there for the clue. If you want a direct goal, then:

Spoiler

Check the bloody cloth in Falkreath's Jail just outside of the cell.

3 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

We still don't know what it is or what causes it. It's been too rare and it's not reproducable yet. So it's almost impossible to track it down.

The only thing I know is that it seems a lot more common in an install with performance issues.

Trying again usually always works because it's kinda rare. But if it still doesn't work please let me know because I may need your help tracking it down.

I found the issue, its caused by the ademarkeypickup scene. After you pick up the storage key, the scene triggers and he will tell you he saw you take the key if you go near him as a comment. However this puts Ademar in a never-ending scene occupies him as an actor. Since CaveScene5 requires Ademar as an actor, but he is already part of another scene that will never end, CaveScene5 will permanently stall.

7 minutes ago, SiegfreidZ said:

The guards mentioned where Sirgen was located in Falkreath, so check there for the clue. If you want a direct goal, then:

Reveal hidden contents

Check the bloody cloth in Falkreath's Jail just outside of the cell.

Oh geeze, I feel dumb now. I saw the bloody rags there, but didn't even pay them any attention. I thought they were just always there and expected them to be havoc items on the ground. That one is entirely my fault. "ID-10-T error" as it were.