Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

7 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

She doesn't randomly give you a gift. She will give you your stuff back, but there is no gift.

I start the Seeking the Curse, while wearing items, she says it is dangerous to start with them on, do I want her to take them off, I say Yes.

When returning, she says, "I have something for you, since you were wearing something similar", then she gives you an item you (probably didn't) have, sadly, when she re-equips your items at the end, the item she wanted to give you, is equipped in place of an item you had her take off at the start.

7 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

That's not supposed to happen. There is no wrong order and the marker is pointing to the bag itself and not the chest. I don't see how this could happen.

Does this happen often?

It happened today, before 3.21. 3 locations were listed, the first 2 were identical (same), the chests in that location were different, but I could retrieve both, but in retrieving the "first" item, the first item was checked off in the journal, then collected the second one, it said it got it, but the first container I went to still had a marker in it, after grabbing it first.

GuruSR.

So the cage in Blending In works after patch. I experimented something else though just before that which "didn't work". I don't know what's supposed to happen, that's why i was curious :D  So i read both ledgers but remained in the storage room with its door open, waited the guy to come back. He walks in his place with the "crazy girl" line and then i start walking out. Then half a meter outside i lose controls for some cinematic thing but actually nothing happens at all. I waited some while, tried it another time but it always stucks.

The other way to do that was to leave the door open while being well outside, wait for the guy to come back and then walk towards the room. It halts when i'm just through the door.

29 minutes ago, SJX52020 said:

I'm stuck after the scene with Holden at the cage, I tried both options to his advances but either way I get stuck after the interaction waiting for Katarina, is there a way I can unstick this or do I need to reload an earlier save and try again?

Do you have the 3.21 version? It was broken before that. You still need to load the game to before cage scene. Maybe even to before you peek the second ledger book.

6 hours ago, Zaflis said:

So the cage in Blending In works after patch.

That's good news. Thanks for checking. :)

6 hours ago, Zaflis said:

I experimented something else though just before that which "didn't work". I don't know what's supposed to happen, that's why i was curious :D  So i read both ledgers but remained in the storage room with its door open, waited the guy to come back. He walks in his place with the "crazy girl" line and then i start walking out. Then half a meter outside i lose controls for some cinematic thing but actually nothing happens at all. I waited some while, tried it another time but it always stucks.

The other way to do that was to leave the door open while being well outside, wait for the guy to come back and then walk towards the room. It halts when i'm just through the door.

Was that before v3.21?

3 hours ago, SJX52020 said:

I'm stuck after the scene with Holden at the cage, I tried both options to his advances but either way I get stuck after the interaction waiting for Katarina, is there a way I can unstick this or do I need to reload an earlier save and try again?

Make sure you're using the newest version.

If you already are, please let me know what steps you took so I can take a look at it.

20 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Was that before v3.21?

If you already are, please let me know what steps you took so I can take a look at it.

So Latest works on SSE ?? I got an answer to use like LE, but do not know how, sorry?  I do not see an updated SSE to 3.21 vers. 

Hope story progresses, Im loving it so far and the ending was like, NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU I need more !!!!

14 minutes ago, kohlteth said:

So Latest works on SSE ?? I got an answer to use like LE, but do not know how, sorry?  I do not see an updated SSE to 3.21 vers. 

The SSE version doesn't have the fix yet. Sorry.

14 minutes ago, kohlteth said:

Hope story progresses, Im loving it so far and the ending was like, NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU I need more !!!!

Thank you so much. ❤️

I'm working on it. :)

2 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Was that before v3.21?

Wow fast reply, sorry I should've specified I'm using the SSE version so 3.20, understood the fix isn't in that version yet, is there a workaround I can do to unstick my character via console commands etc? Loving this mod so far!

18 minutes ago, SJX52020 said:

Wow fast reply, sorry I should've specified I'm using the SSE version so 3.20, understood the fix isn't in that version yet, is there a workaround I can do to unstick my character via console commands etc? Loving this mod so far!

As it was stated above:

On 10/5/2020 at 11:13 AM, tznvlw said:

You need only replace SE's scripts files with LE's one

That means you download the latest (3.21) LE version, unpack it, take the scripts folder and drop it into your SE game and letting it overwrite the existing LBS scripts. However, for the changes to take proper effect, you need to reload from a save from before you have first started the Blending In quest.

If you don't have any saves from before the quest, but you do from any point before the cage scene, you can see about doing this:

On 9/29/2020 at 3:09 AM, Derenriche said:

reload to after you read the ledger but before Holden pulls you over to the cage to have sex. In console, type "stopscene xx11F8DE" where xx is the mod load order. You can find the appropriate value for xx if you type in console "help Laura" and see what the first two values are for this mod's related stuff. This should fix the problem as it's caused by Ademar being stuck in a scene.

25 minutes ago, Taki17 said:

As it was stated above:

That means you download the latest (3.21) LE version, unpack it, take the scripts folder and drop it into your SE game and letting it overwrite the existing LBS scripts. However, for the changes to take proper effect, you need to reload from a save from before you have first started the Blending In quest.

If you don't have any saves from before the quest, but you do from any point before the cage scene, you can see about doing this:

Perfect! The console command fixed it, fortunately I had a quicksave RIGHT as I approached Holden. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction there, now I just need to work out chain physics!

8 minutes ago, SJX52020 said:

now I just need to work out chain physics!

I don't have nothing exact to give you on that front since I have like 3 mins played on SSE, but see if there is anything of use in this post or anywhere else in the DD for SSE topic:

9 minutes ago, Taki17 said:

I don't have nothing exact to give you on that front since I have like 3 mins played on SSE, but see if there is anything of use in this post or anywhere else in the DD for SSE topic:

I was just reading that exact post, thanks for digging that up though. Turns out I didn't have HDT installed so I've installed that and rebuilt the assets and will see how it goesp before trying the second option

For version 3.21:

2 small things probably not fixable or worth working on until the next version.

1.  Returning the person you're to find, to another person, they walk away talking to another room, no mention to follow them, maybe "follow us to somewhere more private to talk" first, then do the conversation, because it got trampled on by some of the other inhabitants, so I am sure I missed dialogue.

2.  The "henchmen" upon leaving, showed they were born in a barn....  the door was stuck open.

GuruSR.

12 hours ago, GuruSR said:

For version 3.21:

2 small things probably not fixable or worth working on until the next version.

1.  Returning the person you're to find, to another person, they walk away talking to another room, no mention to follow them, maybe "follow us to somewhere more private to talk" first, then do the conversation, because it got trampled on by some of the other inhabitants, so I am sure I missed dialogue.

She's not supposed to wander off. She should be near where the scene plays.

Maybe the AI package failed for you.

I remember you reporting some weird things. Is your game stable?

12 hours ago, GuruSR said:

2.  The "henchmen" upon leaving, showed they were born in a barn....  the door was stuck open.

That's a Skyrim thing. It happens whenever an npc walks through a loaddoor. Nothing I can do about it.

Laura,20201007193042_1.jpg.a0d28f2c9b4082128387c3c783e6b303.jpg your characters have really nice facegen. Just thought I'd mention this because it stands out, a lot of story mods I've been using just go with default faces. Oddly, though they're different races, Laura's facial features remind me of Master from the "other shop" in Falkreath - there's a nice elvish chill about her ;)

5 hours ago, petronius said:

Laura,

Spoiler

20201007193042_1.jpg.a0d28f2c9b4082128387c3c783e6b303.jpg

your characters have really nice facegen. Just thought I'd mention this because it stands out, a lot of story mods I've been using just go with default faces. Oddly, though they're different races, Laura's facial features remind me of Master from the "other shop" in Falkreath - there's a nice elvish chill about her ;)

Wow, they look totally different for me.... It depends on what texture and face mods you have installed.

1 hour ago, bannedspider51 said:

When laura is adding or removing devices for quests (the collar quest and the locked away quest) it just freezes up and does nothing

This mod has been confirmed to be bug-free, so check your setup and look into your papyrus log.

I've recently had a problem with SLtR, looked into the logfile and found complaints about "file missing?" - my mod manager had decided to delete stuff, no wonder that mod wasn't working properly.

9 hours ago, Zaflis said:

Wow, they look totally different for me.... It depends on what texture and face mods you have installed.

WICO through and through, face and body textures. I even fixed its skin textures to use with CBBE SE (had seams) and SOS males (WICO males were nevernude). There are other quality textures out there but I just love the raw detail in WICO's 4K

Also, this is a bug free mod for me. Love the story and the radiant quests, thank you.

19 hours ago, petronius said:

Laura,20201007193042_1.jpg.a0d28f2c9b4082128387c3c783e6b303.jpg your characters have really nice facegen. Just thought I'd mention this because it stands out, a lot of story mods I've been using just go with default faces. Oddly, though they're different races, Laura's facial features remind me of Master from the "other shop" in Falkreath - there's a nice elvish chill about her ;)

That's nice to hear. :)

It's always fun to see how they look in other people's games. They can look very different with all the texture mods and stuff.

The shopkeeper has my character's face: (It's not the exact same because it changes a bit when I export and import the face, but it's pretty much the same)

Spoiler

1885801680_enb2020_07_0822_56_25_03.png.70b0978ab1d7c09bce5a2c5f36cd716e.png

And Katarina has Widowmaker's face from Overwatch. But you can't really recognize her because she's not purple and has different hair.

10 hours ago, CaptainJ03 said:

This mod has been confirmed to be bug-free, so check your setup and look into your papyrus log.

I've recently had a problem with SLtR, looked into the logfile and found complaints about "file missing?" - my mod manager had decided to delete stuff, no wonder that mod wasn't working properly.

I'll never claim that it's bug free though. I'm sure there are bugs still in hiding. :P

Like the one Zaflis reported where the triggerbox for daubeny catching you takes away your controls but does not play the scene when daubeny isn't available for the scene, which is a dead stop. I still have to investigate it though.

But it's stable enough that when someone finds an issue, it's 97.29% of the time their install.

3 hours ago, petronius said:

Also, this is a bug free mod for me. Love the story and the radiant quests, thank you.

Thank you so much. ❤️

Version 3.12 now also has an SE conversion and a Russian translation!

Download it if you want to keep Blending In from freezing in the scene with Holden near the cage. Or if you just want it as bug free as possible.

No need to start a new game or anything, just overwrite it and go.

@kohlteth It's here. :)

Hello, first of I really like this mod and I realy enjoy the quest line.

But when I enter the shop an Sloane will equip chains on my character, I got an CTD.

So I have exactly this problem:

The game crashes when they want to equip chains!

If your game crashes when they're about to equip chains in the shop, its because you're missing a requirement for DD.
The chains used there need HDT to function and it will crash if it isn't installed.
Get it here:
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53996?tab=description
NOTE: You'll need to get the SSE version if you're using SSE!

Of course I followed the advice and tried to install it correctly, but it doesn't help.

I use SSE and I can see the chains correctly animated on laura secounds before the game crashes.

I have no more idear what to do and I realy would like to contiune this quest line.

Maybe there is a possibility to change the required item in this szene?

49 minutes ago, derr_imperator said:

I use SSE and I can see the chains correctly animated on laura secounds before the game crashes.

I have no more idear what to do and I realy would like to contiune this quest line.

Maybe there is a possibility to change the required item in this szene?

So many mods use chain devices that removing few quests in 1 mod is not a long term solution. Outside the quest, give yourself Prisoner chains and equip. Then debug it working with help of Special Edition's DD forum thread.