Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

4 hours ago, merManc said:

If it's the one I'm thinking of, you barely need to go more than a couple of rooms in from the front entrance

So I went back to the bandit area you talked about. Although they had a fire place and not dwemer flame trap. I don't know if I'm blind but I searched every single chest and picked up everything and still couldn't progress the quest. I went through all of the sacks and locked chests as well and could not find anything. 

Edit: I'm blind, I found it.

14 hours ago, pappana said:

Damn i just had a suprise when i walked in to her shop just now, there was a male orc sitting next to katarina and im like "who dis??"

sold a few keys to her and when i was about to buy stuff she left the counter walked up to this huge ass male orc in full armor and started whipping him

im like "?

Apparently she has been to one of the auctions and bought herself a slave...

had i known she wanted one i would have sold one to her myself☹️

i didnt expect custom npc's to react to the world

Lucky!!! I've never seen anyone else in there. That would be cool! 

Seeking the Curse, when you get back, guess it would be too difficult to partially have unlock success with the restraints by Laura and Kata, then the leftovers (if any) would be cut or Swain'ed off.  Also possibly add alternative dialogues so it isn't the same cookie cutter responses.

Any thoughts of moving Swain to the dungeons?  He would fit in there as he is a master locksmith.

I haven't checked, what priority is the mod for dialogue?  Kata's dialogue is being overridden by another mod (I so miss that enhanced console in Oblivion, told you the dialogue and the package the NPC was in), not sure which mod because I can't tell... Searching all mod dialogues (yes, loaded all 254 mods into the CK) for "..." really isn't useful.  When I find it, I am removing it, it causes grief in other saves with other NPCs, seems like a virus, they wind up stunned.

GuruSR.

1 hour ago, Botched Surgery said:

So I went back to the bandit area you talked about. Although they had a fire place and not dwemer flame trap. I don't know if I'm blind but I searched every single chest and picked up everything and still couldn't progress the quest. I went through all of the sacks and locked chests as well and could not find anything. 

ok enter by the main door and you should see a fire trap roasting a skeever after you walk down the slope.  there should have been a bandit sleeping

at the base of the slope.  if you do not see this it means either you are in the wrong ruins or entered by a different door.

proceed left, pass thru a (very) small room, as you enter the next (larger) room you should see a boss style (locked) chest straight ahead.  loot the note from it AND read it.

5 hours ago, JustMe469 said:

Lucky!!! I've never seen anyone else in there. That would be cool! 

Paradise halls family is awesome!

12 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Mods can interact in weird ways. I never intended this to happen, but it can be fun when it doesn't interfere with something.

Whiterun has auctions every week so slaves are showing up in very unexpected places but it was quite funny that Lara of all people bought one since first she isnt inside whiterun and second she's a custom npc.

however he was gone when i walked in next time so i asume she was unsatisfied and simply sold him either back or to someone else.

EDIT: Does the key to upstairs exist or is it some room containing secrets never meant to be discovered??

12 hours ago, Deanec said:

My thought is that the cave could be used again in the lead up to meeting Sloane.  The player would be questing and a courier would appear and give the player a key and a note from Katarina.  It explains that Sloane's debt has finally come due and Katarina will not allow Laura to be taken by Sloane so she's chosen to go in her place and hopes that the player will look after Laura.  To prevent Laura from stopping her, Katarina locked Laura in the shop's cage and locked the shop, and sent a message to Sloane that she will surrender herself to the slavers to be picked up by Sloane at the cave.  Based on their previous interactions it seems like that would be what Katarina would do to protect Laura if they can't find the 'perfect slave' before Sloane comes calling.

The player will go to the shop and find Laura in the cage where the player will free her.  From there Laura and the player will plan to rescue Katarina from the cave.  Not sure how this part should play out (whether it's pure stealth, getting in with a disguise, or using violence; Ademar seems like he might help...) but the player rescues Katarina and as they're leaving the map they'll run into Sloane (maybe with Laura as well if she was waiting outside for the player to free Katarina).  From there the player could propose a 'triple or nothing' wager of all three of them if the player fails in a wager against Sloane.

The wager could be something like a QAYL race, or maybe Sloane will lock a collar on the player that prevents wearing clothing and send Laura and Katarina to different bandit camps where the player has to rescue each of them while naked before time expires.  Maybe rescue Katarina first, then use her as a follower (naked and collared as well, of course) to help rescue Laura.  Or something completely different, but the main point is that the player must beat Sloane in some sort of wager to forgive Laura's debt (or win back Katarina - that way you could sell her to Laura for a gold coin and listen to their shop banter about whether Katarina has to do whatever Laura says because Laura's technically now Katarina's master).

Making her lock Laura in the cell because she's about to do something she doesn't approve of is a really cool idea. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

12 hours ago, LazyBoot said:

These are the words Kimy used in the teaser:

Thanks for looking it up. :)

6 hours ago, GuruSR said:

Seeking the Curse, when you get back, guess it would be too difficult to partially have unlock success with the restraints by Laura and Kata, then the leftovers (if any) would be cut or Swain'ed off.

It could increase variety a bit, but it's a lot of work for something that doesn't change gameplay.

Also possibly add alternative dialogues so it isn't the same cookie cutter responses.

I'll probably add that sometime.

Any thoughts of moving Swain to the dungeons?  He would fit in there as he is a master locksmith.

I haven't checked, what priority is the mod for dialogue?  Kata's dialogue is being overridden by another mod (I so miss that enhanced console in Oblivion, told you the dialogue and the package the NPC was in), not sure which mod because I can't tell... Searching all mod dialogues (yes, loaded all 254 mods into the CK) for "..." really isn't useful.  When I find it, I am removing it, it causes grief in other saves with other NPCs, seems like a virus, they wind up stunned.

GuruSR.

It's usually priority 99 or something. My quests are all started by the player so I gave them a high priority.

1 hour ago, pappana said:

EDIT: Does the key to upstairs exist or is it some room containing secrets never meant to be discovered??

No, there's no key. I think there's still a chest in there with custom devices that we used during testing. You can use the tcl command to check it out if you want.

1 hour ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

No, there's no key. I think there's still a chest in there with custom devices that we used during testing. You can use the tcl command to check it out if you want.

Spoiler

This room is pretty cool, i didnt expect it fully furninshed and some of these devices are pretty sweet, if i would steal and equip some of these, would my chara be stuck with them?

Will the locks on these timed ones eventually open or would i be stuck with them if i equipped them?

First I want to say that what a great job you have done, I really like Laura's bondage. I play on skyrim se and have not encountered many problems but now I have a problem that I cant solve. 

it's about blending in quest. It has crashed several times during quest and now I have come to "wait for katarina" and I have waited a very long time and nothing happens. I've tried to talk to Holden but the game says "this person is busy". i have tried to go back to previous saves but still not working. I have tried to stand in the cage but then my PC gets stuck and nothing happens. 

I can not understand what went wrong and how to solve this problem. Can you help me solve this problem?

3 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Making her lock Laura in the cell because she's about to do something she doesn't approve of is a really cool idea. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

Yes, that would be a nice start for a quest. Katarina would take over the counter (maybe in some slightly skimpier armour) and then PC gets to accompany Laura on some quest. And at every potentially cursed chest they draw lots who's the one to open it (and somehow Laura wins all the time. She wasn't cheating, was she?)

4 hours ago, pappana said:

Hide contents

This room is pretty cool, i didnt expect it fully furninshed and some of these devices are pretty sweet, if i would steal and equip some of these, would my chara be stuck with them?

Will the locks on these timed ones eventually open or would i be stuck with them if i equipped them?

The furnishing is still left over from when I copied the Drunken Huntsman. If you walk into the Drunken Huntsman in Whiterun you'll see a lot of similarities. :P

All the devices used in Seeking The Curse are in there for testing purposes. So they behave the same, which means they are inescapable and can only be unlocked with code.

The timed ones don't really work. DD's timer features doesn't work so they were never actually used. You can play around with them if you want but they're kinda broken.

4 hours ago, shadychild said:

First I want to say that what a great job you have done, I really like Laura's bondage. I play on skyrim se and have not encountered many problems but now I have a problem that I cant solve. 

it's about blending in quest. It has crashed several times during quest and now I have come to "wait for katarina" and I have waited a very long time and nothing happens. I've tried to talk to Holden but the game says "this person is busy". i have tried to go back to previous saves but still not working. I have tried to stand in the cage but then my PC gets stuck and nothing happens. 

I can not understand what went wrong and how to solve this problem. Can you help me solve this problem?

Thank you. :)

But I can't really help you with SE problems. Someone else ported it for me and I don't even have SE installed.

I can try to take a look at the log. Please post the log from where it goes wrong.

2 hours ago, CaptainJ03 said:

Yes, that would be a nice start for a quest. Katarina would take over the counter (maybe in some slightly skimpier armour) and then PC gets to accompany Laura on some quest. And at every potentially cursed chest they draw lots who's the one to open it (and somehow Laura wins all the time. She wasn't cheating, was she?)

The idea is that Katarina locks Laura in the cell and then does something dramatic that Laura doesn't want. Something like going to kill Sloane.

But the idea of doing some lighthearted kinky stuff with Laura is also fun.

36 minutes ago, hungvipbcsok said:

So that Kimy annouced DD5 with DDC include, do you have any plan for using furniture?

From what I understood, she's going to make DDC a requirement for DCL. Which doesn't impact my mod.

I still don't know if I'll use DDC in my mod. There isn't much I can do with a player that's stuck in place. It's good eyecandy, but I don't see much potential for quest content. But I'll check it out when I can.

1 hour ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

From what I understood, she's going to make DDC a requirement for DCL. Which doesn't impact my mod.

I still don't know if I'll use DDC in my mod. There isn't much I can do with a player that's stuck in place. It's good eyecandy, but I don't see much potential for quest content. But I'll check it out when I can.

Well, you already have three quests with player stuck in place ?

Still, some suggestions:

1. Swain. He can use "Locks Inspection Furniture(tm)", which places all restraints and locks at easy access height. And then, if his offer of sex is denied, can leave it locked to escape from by struggle, or lockpicking, or, if you are really lucky - just unlock with key.

2. DDC can be applied to NPCs - so, for example, you can use it to set up freeing someone.

3. Main feature of DDC is furniture interactivity - so, unlike cages and locked doors, it not only can be unlocked or picked, but also struggled from - it doesn't depend on keys or lockpicks. So, it can provide a way to make some scene look less scripted, with player-controlled progression, even if player doesn't have lockpicks or keys.

30 minutes ago, DeWired said:

Well, you already have three quests with player stuck in place ?

Still, some suggestions:

1. Swain. He can use "Locks Inspection Furniture(tm)", which places all restraints and locks at easy access height. And then, if his offer of sex is denied, can leave it locked to escape from by struggle, or lockpicking, or, if you are really lucky - just unlock with key.

2. DDC can be applied to NPCs - so, for example, you can use it to set up freeing someone.

3. Main feature of DDC is furniture interactivity - so, unlike cages and locked doors, it not only can be unlocked or picked, but also struggled from - it doesn't depend on keys or lockpicks. So, it can provide a way to make some scene look less scripted, with player-controlled progression, even if player doesn't have lockpicks or keys.

They're much cooler than the old Zaz stuff, but you're still stuck in the same position till you unlock it. I'm worried that it can get boring after the 3rd time so they're probably not suited for repeatable content.

But maybe I can use them for quest content. Like just standing still during the What She Deserves quest. A DDC thingy could work in a scenario like that.

@Laura 'Lokomootje' Seeking the Curse, not sure if you saw the notice I said about the "gift".  If you have Laura remove the items at the start, when she returns them, if a "gift" is given that would replace an item she took off you originally, you just get the "gift" and not the original item.

Also, seen it a few times, not sure why, but Laura, when you return, can't seem to get past you to do the unlock scene by walking around the counter to you directly, so has to walk back to the chair and around, maybe move the marker back a bit, where the player stops at, think maybe the yoke plus the player being "voluptuous" with DCL caused a collision issue that made the pathing impossible (even though it should have).

As for the DDC stuff, hopefully you won't put that in, a lot of the bondage furniture I've seen, causes T poses on NPCs because you lock them, leave them for days, come back and they've reset due to the cell they were in and are stuck in a T pose skiing around instead of walking.  Furniture in unloaded cells is just going to cause grief, unless they're set to high priority by way of quest alias and that is a bad thing to do to hundreds of objects/NPCs.

GuruSR.

1 hour ago, GuruSR said:

@Laura 'Lokomootje' Seeking the Curse, not sure if you saw the notice I said about the "gift".  If you have Laura remove the items at the start, when she returns them, if a "gift" is given that would replace an item she took off you originally, you just get the "gift" and not the original item.

What gift do you mean?

1 hour ago, GuruSR said:

Also, seen it a few times, not sure why, but Laura, when you return, can't seem to get past you to do the unlock scene by walking around the counter to you directly, so has to walk back to the chair and around, maybe move the marker back a bit, where the player stops at, think maybe the yoke plus the player being "voluptuous" with DCL caused a collision issue that made the pathing impossible (even though it should have).

I've seen that happen a few times I think. I'll take a look.

1 hour ago, GuruSR said:

As for the DDC stuff, hopefully you won't put that in, a lot of the bondage furniture I've seen, causes T poses on NPCs because you lock them, leave them for days, come back and they've reset due to the cell they were in and are stuck in a T pose skiing around instead of walking.  Furniture in unloaded cells is just going to cause grief, unless they're set to high priority by way of quest alias and that is a bad thing to do to hundreds of objects/NPCs.

GuruSR.

NPCs are also sometimes problematic with regular DD items, so I won't place them in DDC stuff for long. I won't add it if something's broken. Don't worry.

18 hours ago, GuruSR said:

Sure we can wait for DCL's example to see some of DDC's potential, however it's premature to compare DDC to ZAP furnitures. They're completely different. None of ZAP's bugs will "obviously" transfer to DDC as well.

On 9/11/2020 at 3:51 PM, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

The furnishing is still left over from when I copied the Drunken Huntsman. If you walk into the Drunken Huntsman in Whiterun you'll see a lot of similarities. :P

All the devices used in Seeking The Curse are in there for testing purposes. So they behave the same, which means they are inescapable and can only be unlocked with code.

The timed ones don't really work. DD's timer features doesn't work so they were never actually used. You can play around with them if you want but they're kinda broken.

Thank you. :)

But I can't really help you with SE problems. Someone else ported it for me and I don't even have SE installed.

I can try to take a look at the log. Please post the log from where it goes wrong.

The idea is that Katarina locks Laura in the cell and then does something dramatic that Laura doesn't want. Something like going to kill Sloane.

But the idea of doing some lighthearted kinky stuff with Laura is also fun.

Ok, how do i get the log? 

Firstly, thanks for the great mod!

I've got a problem that's similar to a previously resolved problem in this thread. When asking laura to help her getting restraints, somehow the Seeking The Curse quest doesn't start. It seems that this was caused by DCL quests on this thread 

however, I am not using that mod (I did use it some time ago but had uninstalled it). Other quests started normally without any problems.

I have also tried this command

Sqv Laura_STC_Quest

and it looks like the quest is not enabled.

I have also checked my papyrus log during the time i tried to start the quest, and it seems that there are nor errors.

Is there anything else I can check to resolve this? Thanks!

3 hours ago, alphabravocharlied said:

Firstly, thanks for the great mod!

I've got a problem that's similar to a previously resolved problem in this thread. When asking laura to help her getting restraints, somehow the Seeking The Curse quest doesn't start. It seems that this was caused by DCL quests on this thread 

however, I am not using that mod (I did use it some time ago but had uninstalled it). Other quests started normally without any problems.

I have also tried this command

Sqv Laura_STC_Quest

and it looks like the quest is not enabled.

I have also checked my papyrus log during the time i tried to start the quest, and it seems that there are nor errors.

Is there anything else I can check to resolve this? Thanks!

That's weird. Maybe there's also a mod interfering in your game, but I don't know how that would happen.

Try starting it again in a new game. If it still doesn't work, please post the papyrus log.

7 minutes ago, alphabravocharlied said:

Ah yeah, just started from a clean save and it worked. Looks like I gotta migrate my saves again.

Thanks for the tip!

Good to hear that it works now. But this probably doesn't happen by itself so there could be a mod in your install messing things up.