17 minutes ago, Tortout4 said:

I found out the problem. It was FP_Violate. I removed it and now it works. But now I still dont get violated, it only says "You win, I give up" and after that it says above "I need to retreat". Enemies are pacified for 10 secs and then attack me again but no violation.

EDIT: Works fine now, I disabled "Use Tags". The only problem is just animations now. They don't really play. The characters just stay close to each other afk and dont do anything.

You need to install some animation packs (Leito's, SavageCabbages, etc) so that animations will play.  And you need to install AAF Themes in order for the Use Tags feature to work.  Links to all this stuff is on the mod's front page in the Installation Order section.

I followed the install guide from the first post and AAF Violate appears in my MCM list. However, nothing happens when fighting. I can't surrender, NPCs don't surrender, I just get killed. I checked MCM and the mod is turned on.

Could anyone help me, please? Which other info do you need?

37 minutes ago, endomiel said:

I followed the install guide from the first post and AAF Violate appears in my MCM list. However, nothing happens when fighting. I can't surrender, NPCs don't surrender, I just get killed. I checked MCM and the mod is turned on.

Could anyone help me, please? Which other info do you need?

This is helpful, but not a lot to go on...so, I'll throw out a few things: 

You say it shows in the MCM, but...did you set your prefs? You need to set a hot key if you want to manually surrender. 

You need to make sure you have animations installed. 

You need to make sure to have tags enabled or disabled....the setting of which depends on whether or not you're using themes or not. 

If these don't soothe the support nerve for you, come back and try to provide some of the following info: 

Is your Fallout 4 up to date? Is F4SE? 

Do you have animations installed? 

Can you provide a papyrus log? 

Cheers! 

I did set my preferences. I enabled my Surrender Hotkey, which shows up under Hotkey Manager. However, it doesn't do anything in-game.

I enabled debug messages, but I am not getting any.

Animations are installed.

Themes are enabled and installed.

FO4 is up to date. F4SE is too. (Other mods which use it, work.)

How do I post a Papyrus log?

8 minutes ago, endomiel said:

https://www.creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Enable_Debug_Logging

It's fairly trivial to do. Once you enable it, try to use Violate again. When/If it fails for you again....then you'll want to grab the log and simply drop it here. (Drag and drop the file into the comment box, it will upload the file automagically. 

1 hour ago, endomiel said:

I did set my preferences. I enabled my Surrender Hotkey, which shows up under Hotkey Manager. However, it doesn't do anything in-game.

I enabled debug messages, but I am not getting any.

Animations are installed.

Themes are enabled and installed.

FO4 is up to date. F4SE is too. (Other mods which use it, work.)

Real quick test.
Open the console & run:
sqv FPV_MainQuest

It should return something like so..

1535676140_DesktopScreenshot2019_04.23-13_45_00_69.png.2b51fd071aa1cd200b0e05207991b782.png

IF it doesn't.. it's not installed properly and a manual install is in order. ;)

or it's not activated... which can happen. LOL

39 minutes ago, izzyknows said:

Real quick test.
Open the console & run:
sqv FPV_MainQuest

It should return something like so..

1535676140_DesktopScreenshot2019_04.23-13_45_00_69.png.2b51fd071aa1cd200b0e05207991b782.png

IF it doesn't.. it's not installed properly and a manual install is in order. ;)

or it's not activated... which can happen. LOL

I get this exact return.

2 hours ago, WandererZero said:

https://www.creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Enable_Debug_Logging

It's fairly trivial to do. Once you enable it, try to use Violate again. When/If it fails for you again....then you'll want to grab the log and simply drop it here. (Drag and drop the file into the comment box, it will upload the file automagically. 

I followed the steps, but the game isn't creating any Logs. There's also no "Logs" folder in my Fallout 4 folder. (The one in My Documents.)

This is what my Fallout4Customs.ini looks like:

"

[Display]
iLocation X=0
iLocation Y=0
[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

[Papyrus]
bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation=1
bEnableProfiling=1
sDefaultLogOverlay=Papyrus

"

12 minutes ago, endomiel said:

I used MO2 to install AAF, since I read that that one doesn't play nice with NMM.

Okay, I'll assume you aren't trying to use both of them at the same time. I'll also assume you clean installed from the ground up using MO2. 

Now, here's the thing with MO2. It uses virtualization. You're not getting a log, because in the case of MO2, you need to modify the ini file within your MO2 profile. MO2 reads it's own version of the config and prefs files from a profile. You can edit these from within MO2 using the INI editor: 

image.png.7928b66f83fc42529e0ff0da553f04d9.png

Which will get you: 

image.png.0479d035efb9304b9049a3861c19dfdd.png

Have at it! 

19 minutes ago, endomiel said:

Well, I only used MO2 for installing AAF. All my other mods are installed via NMM. However, AAF Violate showed the same behaviour BEFORE I used MO2.

So, even when installing everything via NMM, it still did nothing.

Okay. First things first. 

You really shouldn't be using two mod managers, and you really shouldn't be using two mod managers with wildly differing approaches to how they install and run mods. MO2 is designed to run mods using a virtualization scheme. To wit: MO2 (by design) keeps the base Fallout 4 directory clean. It installs mods in it's own directory structure, and builds a "virtual" data directory and then loads FO4. NMM on the other hand....hard installs into the FO4 directory. 

The long and short of it is, based on everything you've just told me...I wouldn't begin to know how you might want to sort things out. I can however, tell you what you should do at this point to sort things out: 

Pick a single mod manager, and install from the ground up. 

NMM is being maintained, but is not really supported. I recommend MO2. 

You really shouldn't be using NMM with MO2, and in my worst nightmares...I wouldn't want to know what kind of situation would develop where I installed AAF, with a dependency on F4SE.....via MO2 while NMM was the mod manager I was using primarily. The only thing I see down such a road is pain and misery....weeping children, women tearing their clothes in agony, men disemboweling themselves in anguish.....and terrible storms the likes of which every living thing who sees it will quake in immediate terror. 

You have a lot of issues in this log files, and I am reasonably sure your save file is hosed up as well. So, take my advice here: rebuild your install. Until you have something a bit more standard here in terms of best practices when running mods....and until you do....I don't think there's a way to reasonably troubleshoot this issue in a sane way. 

2 hours ago, WandererZero said:

You have a lot of issues in this log files, and I am reasonably sure your save file is hosed up as well. So, take my advice here: rebuild your install. Until you have something a bit more standard here in terms of best practices when running mods....and until you do....I don't think there's a way to reasonably troubleshoot this issue in a sane way. 

LOL!
Yeah....
I'll second that advice.

Pick ONE mod manager and delete any other one/s currently installed, delete F04 and start over with a clean install. Will make life much easier!

5 hours ago, endomiel said:

Well, I only used MO2 for installing AAF. All my other mods are installed via NMM. However, AAF Violate showed the same behaviour BEFORE I used MO2.

So, even when installing everything via NMM, it still did nothing.

I used my install with everything installed via NMM. It gave mPapyrus.1.logPapyrus.0.loge these logs.

Your F4SE is also not installed correctly.  You do not have the Data folder from the F4SE archive installed, so the F4SE scripts are missing.  This is why you have a lot of these errors:

[04/23/2019 - 09:56:06PM] error: Native function RegisterForKey in empty state could find no matching function on linked type ScriptObject. Function will not be bound.
[04/23/2019 - 09:56:06PM] error: Native function UnregisterForKey in empty state could find no matching function on linked type ScriptObject. Function will not be bound.
[04/23/2019 - 09:56:06PM] error: Native function RegisterForControl in empty state could find no matching function on linked type ScriptObject. Function will not be bound.

That also causes AAF Violate not to work.  Since Violate is compiled with the F4SE scripts, it can't be used without them.  If you try you get these errors:

[04/23/2019 - 09:57:11PM] error: Unable to bind script FPV_MainQuestScript to FPV_MainQuest (8401A390) because their base types do not match
[04/23/2019 - 09:57:11PM] error: Unable to bind script FPV_MCM_Script to FPV_Player (84000F99) because their base types do not match
[04/23/2019 - 09:57:12PM] error: Unable to bind script FPV_FightBack to alias Others16 on quest FPV_Follower (84001734) because their base types do not match
[04/23/2019 - 09:57:12PM] error: Unable to bind script FPV_FightBack to alias Others20 on quest FPV_Follower (84001734) because their base types do not match

As far as your mod installation, as WandererZero and izzyknows said above, you need to stick with one mod manager.   AAF works just fine with NMM.  So I would just uninstall MO2 and install AAF using NMM.  And you need to install the Data\ folder from the F4SE archive into your Fallout 4 folder.

1 hour ago, EgoBallistic said:

Your F4SE is also not installed correctly.  You do not have the Data folder from the F4SE archive installed, so the F4SE scripts are missing.  This is why you have a lot of these errors:

[04/23/2019 - 09:56:06PM] error: Native function RegisterForKey in empty state could find no matching function on linked type ScriptObject. Function will not be bound.
[04/23/2019 - 09:56:06PM] error: Native function UnregisterForKey in empty state could find no matching function on linked type ScriptObject. Function will not be bound.
[04/23/2019 - 09:56:06PM] error: Native function RegisterForControl in empty state could find no matching function on linked type ScriptObject. Function will not be bound.

That also causes AAF Violate not to work.  Since Violate is compiled with the F4SE scripts, it can't be used without them.  If you try you get these errors:

[04/23/2019 - 09:57:11PM] error: Unable to bind script FPV_MainQuestScript to FPV_MainQuest (8401A390) because their base types do not match
[04/23/2019 - 09:57:11PM] error: Unable to bind script FPV_MCM_Script to FPV_Player (84000F99) because their base types do not match
[04/23/2019 - 09:57:12PM] error: Unable to bind script FPV_FightBack to alias Others16 on quest FPV_Follower (84001734) because their base types do not match
[04/23/2019 - 09:57:12PM] error: Unable to bind script FPV_FightBack to alias Others20 on quest FPV_Follower (84001734) because their base types do not match

As far as your mod installation, as WandererZero and izzyknows said above, you need to stick with one mod manager.   AAF works just fine with NMM.  So I would just uninstall MO2 and install AAF using NMM.  And you need to install the Data\ folder from the F4SE archive into your Fallout 4 folder.

Thanks! I was convinced F4SE was installed correctly. Going to try that. If I do got more issues down the road, I'll reinstall everything. Would that mean deleting and redownloading all my mods?

48 minutes ago, endomiel said:

So delete the game and have MO2 detect them? How would I do that?

Okay. 

If you're going to settle on MO2, I recommend the following: 

1. You'll want to fresh install. 

2. You'll want to check out Gamer Poet's very awesome guide to MO2

3. Pay close attention not only to what to do, but to how MO2 works, and why it does what it does. 

In the end, you're going to wind up with a stable install, that is not destructive to the base game. Overwrites are handled within MO2 itself. You can go back or forward with mods without worrying necessarily about accidentally deleting things. Install order, while still important....does not become fatal if you make a mistake, etc. 

I recently moved to MO2 from NMM. NMM is still viable of course, but I wanted something with full support going forward. MO2 is nice, in that all the mods have their own folder, and are self contained....and my Fallout4 directory is nice and clean. (the only thing I have installed in my FO4 folder is F4SE and ENB...all other mods are handled by MO2). It's clean, sane and it's very well organized. 

Good luck! 

For the time being: installing F4SE properly triggered the surrendering, but then nothing happened: my character stood there, with the attacker in front of her. I suppose this has to do with my AAF fuck up?

Regarding fresh install: could anyone tell me how to get MO2 to detect my downloaded mods, please? Just point its directory to the current one?

Thanks!

4 hours ago, endomiel said:

Regarding fresh install: could anyone tell me how to get MO2 to detect my downloaded mods, please? Just point its directory to the current one?

You can't just point to your old mods with MO2. You will need to re-install. 

However, what you need to do is find your NMM archive directory. NMM keeps all your downloads in a directory....so, before you uninstall NMM, copy the directory to a new location...and then you can bring them into MO2 using manual install, MO2 will also do Nexus links as well...

Thank you! Everything seems to work now! I get messages from AAF & Violate and it works, when I use the old save. (No worries, I'll start a new one.)

One more question, though: when installing, I choose the options to have everyone keep their armour/outfit on. Is there a way to change this so that only my character keeps her outfit on?

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, endomiel said:

One more question, though: when installing, I choose the options to have everyone keep their armour/outfit on. Is there a way to change this so that only my character keeps her outfit on?

Yes. Learn about editing the AAF_equipmentSetData.xml file in your AAF install. 

This file governs what is stripped and reequipped. 

Glad you got back up and running. 

Cheers!