9 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

They have to be 10 or more levels above you, i.e. have the red skull icon next to their name.

try again with very hard difficulty and a couple of gunner brigadiers(strongest gunner in game with skull) 3 times still no fatal bad end

i think it's kind of impossible to get fatal bad end, maybe for 30+ lv character, rarely find enemy with skull icon. maybe the mod didn't consider enemy as higher lv cause when lost they put in same faction(skull gone when green)

1 hour ago, HolyHand said:

try again with very hard difficulty and a couple of gunner brigadiers(strongest gunner in game with skull) 3 times still no fatal bad end

i think it's kind of impossible to get fatal bad end, maybe for 30+ lv character, rarely find enemy with skull icon. maybe the mod didn't consider enemy as higher lv cause when lost they put in same faction(skull gone when green)

Gunners won't do the fatal bad end, only supermutants and raiders.

This mod seems to be completely dead in my game.  Just doesn't do anything.  It does show up in MCM and I can click on each setting category, but that's all.  No keys or settings do anything.  Tried manually surrendering just to see if that would have an effect but nothing happens.  I finally checked the log, and this shows up:

WARNING: AAF_Violate.esp|F99 cannot be resolved to a Papyrus script object.

I've tried searching for this message in this topic but didn't find anything.  I'm sorry if this is known and the solution is already posted, but I can't find it.

1 hour ago, ereese1980 said:

I've tried searching for this message in this topic but didn't find anything.  I'm sorry if this is known and the solution is already posted, but I can't find it.

Couple questions to start out with...

1. Do you have F4SE completely installed, and installed correctly? 

2. What mod manager are you using?

1 hour ago, ereese1980 said:

This mod seems to be completely dead in my game.  Just doesn't do anything.  It does show up in MCM and I can click on each setting category, but that's all.  No keys or settings do anything.  Tried manually surrendering just to see if that would have an effect but nothing happens.  I finally checked the log, and this shows up:

That error message is from MCM.  The error occurs when you hit a hotkey but MCM can't find the script object to send the keypress event to.  So something must not be installed correctly, either F4SE as @WandererZero suggested above, or AAF Violate itself.  If you post your complete script log as an attachment we can probably narrow it down.

Thanks for the fast replies!

I have 0.6.16 F4SE, which I think is the latest stable.  I installed it by manually copying the files in the .7z into the game's base folder, including the data folder included in the f4se .7z.  It seems to work for everything else, so I guess I just assumed it was installed correctly.  Just glancing over its logs myself I see no errors in any of them, except the one I pasted above.

I'm using old Nexus Mod Manager.  Is that perhaps the problem?  I looked at that Vortex thing and didn't like it.  I'm suspecting after these replies that this may be the issue.  I think it's pretty outdated now?

In the log, you may see I added the file attached a few posts back called AAF_Violate_reworded.esp  .  That's not the cause of the issue though since I didn't add that until after I posted my message and was going through this thread, just to see if it might change something.  Didn't think it would but just a random thing I tried.

9 hours ago, ereese1980 said:

I'm using old Nexus Mod Manager.  Is that perhaps the problem?  I looked at that Vortex thing and didn't like it.  I'm suspecting after these replies that this may be the issue.  I think it's pretty outdated now? 

I use NMM myself.  But you should update to the version on GitHub that is still being maintained, not the old download from Nexus.

9 hours ago, ereese1980 said:

In the log, you may see I added the file attached a few posts back called AAF_Violate_reworded.esp  .  That's not the cause of the issue though since I didn't add that until after I posted my message and was going through this thread, just to see if it might change something.  Didn't think it would but just a random thing I tried. 

Sorry - I meant post your papyrus.0.log, not the F4SE log.

17 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

I use NMM myself.  But you should update to the version on GitHub that is still being maintained, not the old download from Nexus.

Sorry - I meant post your papyrus.0.log, not the F4SE log.

Thanks, I didn't even know about the new NMM!  Just installed it

Attached the Papyrus log.  Yep, lots of errors in that, but I'm not sure what to do with it.

Papyrus.0.log

29 minutes ago, ereese1980 said:

Attached the Papyrus log.  Yep, lots of errors in that, but I'm not sure what to do with it.

It looks like the script files from this mod are not installed.  You need to reinstall the mod.  And you probably should roll back to a save from before you first installed the mod, as a partially installed mod will leave invalid script references in your save.

Sers.

Installed FO4 with Violate. Just like the last time.

The startup works fine (initialization and so forth), but when surrendering no animations starts.

There are errors in the Papyrus log. Unfortunately i dont know what they mean.

Please someone have a short look over it and let me know what to do so the animations start after surrendering.

Thanks in advance

Papyrus.0.log

Edit: The surrender animation works and the "captors" also start the dialog, but then my char just stands there with hands up and nothing else happens.

3 hours ago, Ravecreator said:

Sers.

Installed FO4 with Violate. Just like the last time.

The startup works fine (initialization and so forth), but when surrendering no animations starts.

There are errors in the Papyrus log. Unfortunately i dont know what they mean.

Please someone have a short look over it and let me know what to do so the animations start after surrendering.

Thanks in advance

Papyrus.0.log 73.95 kB · 0 downloads

Edit: The surrender animation works and the "captors" also start the dialog, but then my char just stands there with hands up and nothing else happens.

Ego might have a better idea, but several errors there are from Sim Settlements.

What stands out to me, however, is this:

[05/14/2019 - 06:17:27AM] error: Unable to bind script RSE_Reset to RSE_ResetQuest (39001EE0) because their base types do not match

Do you have RSE and Violate both installed?
If it's been installed previously on that save, that's probably causing at least some of the issues, I suspect.

Hello an thanks for the reply.

I have Violate and RSE Vol 2 (Needs) installed together.

I dont think they should get into each others way. At least they did not on a earlier install (with a old Version of Violate).

The char i'm playing with now is completely new on a fresh install.

The mods are installed with Vortex. As said on a fresh and clean install.

No clue if its of any concern, but the Home button doesn't work as well.

Maybe it's the load order (i have Violate pretty down below all other anim mods).

40 minutes ago, Ravecreator said:

No clue if its of any concern, but the Home button doesn't work as well

That tells us the problem is AAF.  Violate expects AAF to send either a success or failure in response to animation requests.  But AAF is not working at all in your game so it doesn't respond and Violate is stuck waiting.

Your papyrus log doesn't show anything obvious, no errors from AAF scripts and none of the usual culprits like F4SE install issues.

I'd turn on debugging in AAF and see if that shows anything.

Okay.

I'll try that once i'm home from work.

Is it possible to change AAF from homekey to a different key?

I'm playing on a HP Omen Notebook and my Homekey shares it's position with Num7.

EDIT: 

If this still happens on a new game it suggests that either another mod has affected the UI layer that AAF relies on (HUD/UI related mods can do this) -OR- AAF is not installed properly and is not being loaded.

Just read that on the AAF Troubleshoot Guide.

I have DEF UI for HUD and Inventory (and scrap components) running.

I guess its a good idea to uninstall DEF UI and try again, right?

28 minutes ago, Ravecreator said:

'll try that once i'm home from work.

Is it possible to change AAF from homekey to a different key?

I'm playing on a HP Omen Notebook and my Homekey shares it's position with Num7.

The home key not working is a symptom, not the cause. Mods like Violate don't access AAF the way the home key does. The fact that AAF fails to work both for scripted mods and with the home key implies something is fundamentally wrong with AAF in your game.

Like I said, turn on the three debug options in the AAF settings file and see if that reveals anything.

1 hour ago, EgoBallistic said:

The home key not working is a symptom, not the cause. Mods like Violate don't access AAF the way the home key does. The fact that AAF fails to work both for scripted mods and with the home key implies something is fundamentally wrong with AAF in your game.

Like I said, turn on the three debug options in the AAF settings file and see if that reveals anything.

Okies.

I'll do that and delete DEF UI as well. Since that seems to interfer with AAF in some way (as Troubleshooting says).

Will write back once i tested that and have the debug log.

Thanks already Ego and Nebu

2 hours ago, Ravecreator said:

I'll do that and delete DEF UI as well. Since that seems to interfer with AAF in some way (as Troubleshooting says)

Just an FYI: 

I use DEF_UI with AAF. I have no problems with it. The one time I *did* have an issue with it, was because "hide compass" was enabled in the AAF_Settings. I not only use DEF_UI, but also HUD Framework and iHUD. Now, I'm not saying DEF_UI isn't possibly causing you an issue. It could be, just letting you know it is possible to use it with AAF just fine. 

3 hours ago, WandererZero said:

Just an FYI: 

I use DEF_UI with AAF. I have no problems with it. The one time I *did* have an issue with it, was because "hide compass" was enabled in the AAF_Settings. I not only use DEF_UI, but also HUD Framework and iHUD. Now, I'm not saying DEF_UI isn't possibly causing you an issue. It could be, just letting you know it is possible to use it with AAF just fine. 

6 hours ago, Ravecreator said:

Okies.

I'll do that and delete DEF UI as well. Since that seems to interfer with AAF in some way (as Troubleshooting says).

Will write back once i tested that and have the debug log.

Thanks already Ego and Nebu

Yeah, I was gunna leave a comment about that as well.

HUDFramework and DEF_UI myself, checked that 'hide compass' was off in AAF as well.

No issues stemming from it.

20 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

It looks like the script files from this mod are not installed.  You need to reinstall the mod.  And you probably should roll back to a save from before you first installed the mod, as a partially installed mod will leave invalid script references in your save.

Thanks for taking a look!  I actually installed the mod before I started this game and I'm really super far along, and I just can't start over at this point.  But at least you nailed down the problem!  Thanks for the mod as well, even though I can't actually use it yet, it looks impressive!  Maybe next time!

Sers.

So i tested it yesterday evening. With little to no sucess (used MO2 on a clean install again....)

I uninstallted everything again and made a fresh install and used Vortex again.

I only installed MCM, Looksmenu, F4SE, AAF73Beta and the Themes from Hal. I also activated Debugging messages in the AAF ini file.

I started a new game and after char creation the Themes reported they are installed properly by popping up with a message box.

On the side the text scrolled through and stayed there (due to debugging messages are on)

The only error message there i could read was about deactivating the companion thingie since i have the companion mod not installed.

Else nothing.

Home button still doesn't work.

Could it be, that the numeric code for the home key in the AAF settings ini  (39) is different for german keyboard layout?

I tried changing the key to a different, but am not sure if i had the correct code.

Maybe someone could share their AAF settings ini with me where a different key is alligned.

Thanks in advance.

9 minutes ago, Ravecreator said:

Sers.

So i tested it yesterday evening. With little to no sucess (used MO2 on a clean install again....)

I uninstallted everything again and made a fresh install and used Vortex again.

I only installed MCM, Looksmenu, F4SE, AAF73Beta and the Themes from Hal. I also activated Debugging messages in the AAF ini file.

I started a new game and after char creation the Themes reported they are installed properly by popping up with a message box.

On the side the text scrolled through and stayed there (due to debugging messages are on)

The only error message there i could read was about deactivating the companion thingie since i have the companion mod not installed.

Else nothing.

Home button still does nothing.

Could it be, that the numeric code for the home key in the AAF settings ini  (39) is different for german keyboard layout?

I tried changing the key to a different, but am not sure if i had the correct code.

Maybe someone could share their AAF settings ini with me where a different key is alligned.

Thanks in advance.

I had to change mine cause my Home Key wasn't working. Try this. I changed it to the letter "C"

AAF_settings.xml

Edit: I'm using a older version of AAF so I don't know if my file will be good for newer versions. Don't know if stuff gets changed in that folder version from version, but you can try.

6 hours ago, walkin said:

I had to change mine cause my Home Key wasn't working. Try this. I changed it to the letter "C"

AAF_settings.xml 6.53 kB · 2 downloads

Edit: I'm using a older version of AAF so I don't know if my file will be good for newer versions. Don't know if stuff gets changed in that folder version from version, but you can try.

Hello and thanks for the reply.

I searched a little around for the DX Scancodes and found out that there are different values for the different keys.

https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/DirectX_Scancodes_And_How_To_Use_Them        - here Home is 199

https://www.creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=DirectX_Scan_Codes                        - here Home is 99

Now which do i use?

Are there different scan codes for different keyboard layouts (i have german layout with QWERTZ, not QWERTY for example)

Also AAF Wiki says Crosshair and Compass should be set to visible.

After the Char creation (still in the bathroom) i see the small dot of my crosshair, but the compass is still missing.

If AAF relies on the compass, could it be that AAF starts working after the pre war scene when the compass and rest of the UI is visible?

Sorry for all the questions :)

4 hours ago, Ravecreator said:

I searched a little around for the DX Scancodes and found out that there are different values for the different keys.

https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/DirectX_Scancodes_And_How_To_Use_Them        - here Home is 199

https://www.creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=DirectX_Scan_Codes                        - here Home is 99

Now which do i use?

Are there different scan codes for different keyboard layouts (i have german layout with QWERTZ, not QWERTY for example)

After the Char creation (still in the bathroom) i see the small dot of my crosshair, but the compass is still missing.

If AAF relies on the compass, could it be that AAF starts working after the pre war scene when the compass and rest of the UI is visible?

AAF uses the direct X scan codes from the creation kit download link you have there. The home key is "36".  I don't think your country should matter about your keyboard but I don't know for sure. I would imagine some might have different symbols or logos but at the end of the day function the same regardless of country, cause its still Windows regardless of where you are.

I don't know about the compass or dot thing, never had it come up to think about. Well I have had AAF installed right from the get go with no issues before, it is a better idea to wait until you get through the opening part of the game and get back to sanctuary where you are able to use the workshop there and travel to Concord. Not a absolute must but a good idea IMO.

The easiest way to test AAF if you are new to these is just download F4SE- MCM- Looksmenu- AAF- Shino's Poses. This is a very basic way to get AAF to load with no errors and gives you the chance to test the AAF wizard and cycle through the poses to see it is working properly. Then once you've established it works fine then start adding the other stuff 1 by 1, testing each 1 out as you go. This way you know right away what mod is giving you the error.

Bit of a generally-violate-related 'could use some help troubleshooting' post, but I'll post it anyway.

I think it's Ivy causing a few of my AAF-related issues, from what I've been testing, but I'm not sure how that'd be causing AAF time-outs and more 'actor walk timed-out' than usual [such as due to positioning and NPC distance]. I'll stick the papyrus and AAF log in a spoiler, along with load order [and install-order, for AAF-related things, since they often don't have/use plugins].

One of the main reasons I suspected Ivy to begin with is the scripting she relies on, plus she tends to fail to animate at times, which can trip the AAF-Timeout, I think. [NPC will be animating, and she will not] On top of that, set 'sex until exhaustion' to true, with slider set to 4, and they've only gone ~1-2 rounds, before ending the scenario, assuming that's also related to the above issues.

Few penile issues too, but those aren't relevant here.

Thought it'd be a bit more helpful to put here than bug someone on Discord, especially since I plan to keep Ivy and leave 'follower violations' off, as a solution in my current game. Will also note that from the little I tested, SEU with Ivy worked without issue, or only tripped the error-30 walk failed, then started anyway.

6 hours ago, Ravecreator said:

Now which do i use?

Walkin covered most of that, but so long as the in-game crosshair's visible, you shouldn't have issues.

The Compass isn't visible in the pre-war scenes, to my knowledge, only after you wake up.