8 hours ago, lee3310 said:

My experience with Linux is 100% non-graphic (mostly debian/ubuntu on remote servers accessed via ssh with putty/winSCP) and i'm more familiar with bash scripting than PowerShell but i'm not writing papyrus scripts with VIM any time soon (or nano )?.

I don't know how developed the GUI is and how many games support linux but i still recommend sticking to windows for gaming, (mostly for compatibility/drivers issues).

Yes, the point of WSL is to have a POSIX-like shell in Windows and the ability to install and run Linux distribution packaged tools directly in Windows, accessing the local filesystem (not in a VM or dual-boot scenario with the Linux kernel's NTFS+ driver mounting the Windows filesystems). That way I can just start a bash prompt in a terminal, use the shell semantics I'm used to for calling tools like git and console-based text editors (I at least am more comfortable using vi to edit source code), but still call PapyrusCompiler to do the compilation natively and be able to test things out in-game right away.

I've heard there's been major progress getting FO4 running on actual Debian/Ubuntu systems, including mods and mod managers, but for now I'd be plenty happy with a Linux-like dev environment on the Windows install I use for testing and playing Fallout 4, and WSL looks like the quickest path to achieve that.

9 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Yes, the point of WSL is to have a POSIX-like shell in Windows and the ability to install and run Linux distribution packaged tools directly in Windows, accessing the local filesystem (not in a VM or dual-boot scenario with the Linux kernel's NTFS+ driver mounting the Windows filesystems). That way I can just start a bash prompt in a terminal, use the shell semantics I'm used to for calling tools like git and console-based text editors (I at least am more comfortable using vi to edit source code), but still call PapyrusCompiler to do the compilation natively and be able to test things out in-game right away.

I've heard there's been major progress getting FO4 running on actual Debian/Ubuntu systems, including mods and mod managers, but for now I'd be plenty happy with a Linux-like dev environment on the Windows install I use for testing and playing Fallout 4, and WSL looks like the quickest path to achieve that.

Oh, so it's basically turning windows into macOS ?. Worth a try indeed.

Edited by lee3310
2 hours ago, lee3310 said:

Oh, so it's basically turning windows into macOS ?. Worth a try indeed.

I got it mostly set up today and played around a little, it's basically a pseudo-VM (using syscall translation in the Windows kernel) but can run most popular distros. I told WSL to install Debian and after a few minutes it gave me a Windows Terminal shell prompt in a Debian system with my Windows drives automatically accessible under the /mnt directory. Pretty nifty. I installed vim and git and I'm off to the races editing Papyrus scripts, checking them into revision control and compiling them with PapyrusCompiler.exe from a bash prompt.

25 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

I got it mostly set up today and played around a little, it's basically a pseudo-VM (using syscall translation in the Windows kernel) but can run most popular distros. I told WSL to install Debian and after a few minutes it gave me a Windows Terminal shell prompt in a Debian system with my Windows drives automatically accessible under the /mnt directory. Pretty nifty. I installed vim and git and I'm off to the races editing Papyrus scripts, checking them into revision control and compiling them with PapyrusCompiler.exe from a bash prompt.

Then you should try a plugin like this one if not already using it. (needs some editing to make it compatible with F04 i guess)

Edited by lee3310
45 minutes ago, lee3310 said:

Then you should try a plugin like this one if not already using it. (needs some editing to make it compatible with F04 i guess)

Thanks! That does look handy and should be fairly easy to integrate.

20 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

Yeah I am planning on doing that :)

Very excited for this! Not trying to rush it at all, just feels like an updated alternative to abductions, as we all know RSE is a bit outdated, has some minor issues, and this gives a good "realistic" outcome! (especially if you use Commonwealth Captives) Just wanted to express the excitement! Haha

Hi! 

Loving the mod and ive had no real issues with it. One thing I have noticed is that animations play but they can end rather abruptly. By this I mean consensual animations seem to have one during the "exiting phase" where there will be a few pumps, money shot, etc. 

Is this just a case of consensual animations having a bit more than others? I followed the AAF manual thoroughly. Its not a huge issue but it would be nice for immersion to have a finishing stage. I also just realized I have no option to turn on essential player

Anyways thanks for all the work! 

Edited by FlyingSheep33
1 hour ago, FlyingSheep33 said:

s this just a case of consensual animations having a bit more than others? I followed the AAF manual thoroughly. Its not a huge issue but it would be nice for immersion to have a finishing stage. 

It's up to the animations and how they are configured.  Violate doesn't do anything to manage animations once they are launched.

1 hour ago, FlyingSheep33 said:

I also just realized I have no option to turn on essential player

That option is under Global Options in the MCM.  It was introduced in version 1.60 beta 1 so if you have version 1.59 or older it will not be available.  You can safely update the mod at any time.

3 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

It's up to the animations and how they are configured.  Violate doesn't do anything to manage animations once they are launched.

That option is under Global Options in the MCM.  It was introduced in version 1.60 beta 1 so if you have version 1.59 or older it will not be available.  You can safely update the mod at any time.

Lmao I feel silly. Thanks for the help! 

Anyone having an issue that a few hours into their game, the Violate scenarios are taking significantly longer than normal to play out? Like 1 or 2 minutes between dialogues, another 3 minutes to take the PCs items, animations taking 2 minutes to call up, etc?

Edited by Plaguetard2.0
41 minutes ago, Plaguetard2.0 said:

Anyone having an issue that a few hours into their game, the Violate scenarios are taking significantly longer than normal to play out? Like 1 or 2 minutes between dialogues, another 3 minutes to take the PCs items, animations taking 2 minutes to call up, etc?

Sounds like some serious script lag. Check your load order for heavy script mods (like SS2...)

1 hour ago, Plaguetard2.0 said:

18 minutes ago, lee3310 said:

Sounds like some serious script lag. Check your load order for heavy script mods (like SS2...)

You may be aided by using SKK's utility for this.

5 minutes ago, darthvaapad said:

is there a way to stop enemies in power armor from surrendering as when they do the get out of their power armor and I counts as stealing if I take anything from it?

Just to make sure I understand what you're asking... you're accosting someone on the street, taking their things from them, and you want that to not be considered stealing?

I guess the problem is that taking things from a corpse isn't counted as stealing, but if they exit the PA it continues to be marked as "owned" after they're dead?

Edited by vaultbait
18 hours ago, darthvaapad said:

is there a way to stop enemies in power armor from surrendering as when they do the get out of their power armor and I counts as stealing if I take anything from it?

Simplest way, open the console, target the PA and run

setownership

20 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Just to make sure I understand what you're asking... you're accosting someone on the street, taking their things from them, and you want that to not be considered stealing?

I always found it odd that anybody gave a damn if it was stolen from a raider.