30 minutes ago, muscarine said:

For some reason, doing DiMA's stupid annoying memory quest borks "essential player"

I spent 3 hours wondering why it suddenly wouldn't work anymore, and that's why

Don't do DiMA's quest, install a skip mod or something

Yeah, I just looked at the scripts for that quest (DLC03MQ04).  It uses the SetEssential() function to explicitly make the Player essential at the start and then make them not essential at the end.  Unfortunately, using that function permanently overrides any alias flags.  Violate puts the Player in a quest alias flagged as essential when Essential Player is on, and takes them out of it when Essential Player is off.  This is nice because it doesn't step on other mods' toes.  Unfortunately, DLC03 isn't a very good citizen in that regard.

You can fix this yourself by opening the console and doing:

prid 14

callfunction "actor.setessential" 1

to make yourself essential and

prid 14

callfunction "actor.setessential" 0

to turn it off again.  The Essential Player MCM setting will no longer have any effect, but the Essential Player Can Die will work as usual.

1 hour ago, Guverride said:

Great mod! It would be cool if the author created his abductions instead of RSE, it would be a single whole mod!

I'm pretty sure at one point ego and some others were working on a kidnapping mod, dont know what came of it.

3 hours ago, Guverride said:

Great mod! It would be cool if the author created his abductions instead of RSE, it would be a single whole mod!

Kidnappings would be outside the scope of Violate. That's why it does not have them. Ego very much kind of follows the UNIX mantra when it comes to development: Do one thing, and do it very well. It's why Violate works as well as it does. It's focused on one thing, and not elevendy billion things.

Ego's mods are done via architecture, not just throwing stuff together. They're built tight, and tested. That's why they're quality.

1 hour ago, Evilhomer said:

I'm pretty sure at one point ego and some others were working on a kidnapping mod, dont know what came of it.

Real life happened. I wrote a specification doc with Ego for a kidnap mod, he and I were going to work on it. I had about 50% of the dialog/interaction stuff written as well. I still have most of the pre-production stuff I did; but real life happens sometimes, and things fall by the wayside. 

Maybe someday. Alternatively, if someone came along and wanted to do a kidnap only focused mod...I might be willing to throw my work product their way, perhaps even finish the dialog...but I'd need to be convinced, and I think Ego would too. Nobody needs another mod that winds up trying to do fifty billion things with endless spaghetti code. Yeeesh.

Either way, an actual well done kidnap mod...is something Fallout 4 has needed for some time. Skyrim has so many options in that space, and Fallout has like, barely one. Perhaps some day. ;)

Cheers.

2 hours ago, WandererZero said:

Real life happened. I wrote a specification doc with Ego for a kidnap mod, he and I were going to work on it. I had about 50% of the dialog/interaction stuff written as well. I still have most of the pre-production stuff I did; but real life happens sometimes, and things fall by the wayside. 

Maybe someday. Alternatively, if someone came along and wanted to do a kidnap only focused mod...I might be willing to throw my work product their way, perhaps even finish the dialog...but I'd need to be convinced, and I think Ego would too. Nobody needs another mod that winds up trying to do fifty billion things with endless spaghetti code. Yeeesh.

Either way, an actual well done kidnap mod...is something Fallout 4 has needed for some time. Skyrim has so many options in that space, and Fallout has like, barely one. Perhaps some day. ;)

Cheers.

Thats a shame but totally understandable, thanks for the reply.

2 hours ago, DinoBro6969 said:

not sure if i did anything wrong but i downloaded it all and no errors happened but none of the violations happen i just either die or well die , im probably just dumb , 

After you set a hot key to surrender can you surrender manually, and can you play sex scenes manually via AAF?
If there are no bad guys around it will say there's nobody to surrender to, which lets you that's working.

At bare minimum you need AAF and SavageCabbage's animation pack, with female aggressors turned off in Violate.

I need coffee. ;)

On 6/13/2023 at 1:44 PM, Deep Dark Evil Fantasy said:

I'm using the BATE5 version and now the enemy won't surrender to me. Even if I set the enemy to surrender 100% when they are below 50% of their life, the enemy will not surrender.

What do you mean by "the BATE5 version" (i have no idea what that is)?

4 hours ago, vaultbait said:

What do you mean by "the BATE5 version" (i have no idea what that is)?

I'm sure they mean Beta 5

On 6/13/2023 at 9:44 AM, Deep Dark Evil Fantasy said:

I'm using the BATE5 version and now the enemy won't surrender to me. Even if I set the enemy to surrender 100% when they are below 50% of their life, the enemy will not surrender.

Well, enemy surrender in Beta 5 works exactly the same as before.  Make sure all your MCM settings are the same as they were before you updated, because every release of Violate includes a new MCM file that resets your settings to default. 

Also, keep in mind that enemies can't surrender if you kill them outright, so if you're high level on Normal difficulty you may need to switch to a weaker weapon in order to take prisoners.

I did a quick test and looked over that part of the code, and it all works like it did before Beta 5.  But I did find a bug: I forgot to add a condition check for power armor, so currently the "Enemies in Power Armor can surrender" option does nothing at all, they can always surrender.  That will be fixed in the next release.

Edited by EgoBallistic

Essential mod. I have a hopefully small request:

For enemy factions that my settings won't allow me to surrender to when defeated, I'd like to be "left for dead" and found and violated by an enemy faction that my settings DO allow me to surrender to.

It works with RSE II CSA.  If you enable companion abductions in that mod they can happen as an outcome in Violate.  However, your companions will only get abducted if you get abducted.  Depending on the options you choose in the RSE MCM menu your companions can get abducted to the same place as you, or to a different location.

41 minutes ago, EgoBallistic said:

It works with RSE II CSA.  If you enable companion abductions in that mod they can happen as an outcome in Violate.  However, your companions will only get abducted if you get abducted.  Depending on the options you choose in the RSE MCM menu your companions can get abducted to the same place as you, or to a different location.

So If i wanted the gameplay to be that i get teleported to a save location after surrender and my companions get abducted, so i have to save them. That is not possible atm?

9 hours ago, Nox TM said:

Please help i have this problem. I followed the AFF guide. 

Violation Scene Aborted

That's because you have "Allow female aggressors in gangbangs" enabled but you don't have any of those animations.

A few pages back I posted my own patch that I use to make some of SavageCabbage's gangbang animations ungendered so they will work with that option.  Find that and install it, or turn off that option.

9 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

Correct, that is not an option currently.

Long time ago I have repeatedly adjusted the violatie and RSE's MCM for this drama without any results.
LOL
I really like this option, because it's a typical bystander perspective of a 'damsel in distress'.

Edited by kziitd
3 hours ago, WesleyGuan said:

Guys, I could use some help

Nothing happens when I press the hotkey for surrendering.

Can anyone help me? Where can i download animation for AAF Violate?

Follow the AAF manual. Adult modding Fallout 4 is not for the faint of heart. Pretty simple once you know how things work.. but it requires a little effort and patience.