Hello ! So i've installed everything as instructed here but neither I nor my ennemies surrender whenever any health threshold is reached / a limb is crippled. Pressing the surrender hotkey does nothing and I've tried several health percentages but it never works, even on 100 as a surrender probability. Help please ? :)

44 minutes ago, kingsbad said:

Thx for your great work,dude.I'm trying to translate this mod,only for own use.could you tell me what's the'Roger Fuckbase Charlie'mean? I'm so confused.

It's a parody of military slang.  It more or less means "Affirmative, headquarters; fucking will commence".

1 hour ago, fabiolous said:

Hello ! So i've installed everything as instructed here but neither I nor my ennemies surrender whenever any health threshold is reached / a limb is crippled. Pressing the surrender hotkey does nothing and I've tried several health percentages but it never works, even on 100 as a surrender probability. Help please ? :)

Sounds like the mod isn't installed correctly, or one of the requirements is missing.  When you hit the manual surrender key, do you maybe see a message like "Cannot surrender due to AAF not found" or "Cannot surrender due to LLFP dll not loaded" ?

@EgoBallistic

I was looking through CK at the mod with a view to make a private adjustment for myself to move the Super Mutants into the same group as creatures (Ghouls, Mirelurks etc) so that robbery only happens if the pc loses to humans.

It's purely personal taste, I find Super Mutants pointless, boring and just an annoyance.

I was hoping it would be on a FormID list but couldn't see anything so assuming it's scripted. Can you tell me where to look please, (I don't expect you to do it for me, I need the practise, just where to look).

Many thanks

20 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

Sounds like the mod isn't installed correctly, or one of the requirements is missing.  When you hit the manual surrender key, do you maybe see a message like "Cannot surrender due to AAF not found" or "Cannot surrender due to LLFP dll not loaded" ?

Hi thanks for replying ! Well when I press the button it just doesn't do anything and no messages show up so i'm kind of lost. I tried uninstalling everything and reinstalling again but it's still the same :/

8 minutes ago, fabiolous said:

Hi thanks for replying ! Well when I press the button it just doesn't do anything and no messages show up so i'm kind of lost. I tried uninstalling everything and reinstalling again but it's still the same :/

When you say "press the button" you mean the hotkey you assigned in the MCM? Or something else?

Also are you using this along with other surrender mods like RSE II: CSA or Crime and Punishment? They could be taking over before you get a chance to surrender with Violate.

5 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

When you say "press the button" you mean the hotkey you assigned in the MCM? Or something else?

Also are you using this along with other surrender mods like RSE II: CSA or Crime and Punishment? They could be taking over before you get a chance to surrender with Violate.

Yes the hotkey. And no, this is the only one I have (along with the animation requirements) so I really don't understand what's wrong. Every esp pops up in my mod list so I don't really know where the issue could be coming from.

1 hour ago, Slorm said:

I was looking through CK at the mod with a view to make a private adjustment for myself to move the Super Mutants into the same group as creatures (Ghouls, Mirelurks etc) so that robbery only happens if the pc loses to humans.

It would be simpler to change the conditions for robbery in the Surrender() function in the FPV_OnHit script.  Currently the condition for the robber actor includes

BasicRaces.Find(Ags_Valid[FirstNPC].getRace())

If you change BasicRaces to CompanionRaces then super mutants and synths will be excluded.

13 minutes ago, fabiolous said:

Yes the hotkey. And no, this is the only one I have (along with the animation requirements) so I really don't understand what's wrong. Every esp pops up in my mod list so I don't really know where the issue could be coming from.

Can you post your script log in here as an attachment?  Instructions here.

1 hour ago, EgoBallistic said:

It would be simpler to change the conditions for robbery in the Surrender() function in the FPV_OnHit script.  Currently the condition for the robber actor includes

BasicRaces.Find(Ags_Valid[FirstNPC].getRace())

If you change BasicRaces to CompanionRaces then super mutants and synths will be excluded.

Brilliant, that's just perfect :classic_smile:

Just recompiled and tested and it works perfectly. Thanks so much :beer:

14 minutes ago, fabiolous said:

Update : It's working whenever I press the hotkey but now all the npcs do is undress my character and tare at her even though I have the animation packs on.

That means AAF isn't working, so Violate is getting stuck when it tries to play an animation through AAF.

Your script log shows that LooksMenu was not installed, which prevented the AAF scripts from loading since they depend on Looksmenu, and that in turn prevented AAF Violate from loading since it depends on the AAF scripts.  If you are now able to surrender, then I guess you fixed that by installing looksmenu.  But AAF is still hosed up.

You need to get your setup to the point where AAF can load and play animations using the Home key.  Then violate will work.

On 8/7/2021 at 8:41 PM, EgoBallistic said:

That means AAF isn't working, so Violate is getting stuck when it tries to play an animation through AAF.

Your script log shows that LooksMenu was not installed, which prevented the AAF scripts from loading since they depend on Looksmenu, and that in turn prevented AAF Violate from loading since it depends on the AAF scripts.  If you are now able to surrender, then I guess you fixed that by installing looksmenu.  But AAF is still hosed up.

You need to get your setup to the point where AAF can load and play animations using the Home key.  Then violate will work.

Update : Everything is working just fine now. I started a new caracter and it all started working perfectly ! Sorry for bothering you and good job on the mod, it's great !

hi @EgoBallistic

I have a question about AAF tags in AAF_Violate_Creature_tagData.xml shipped with your mod.

It has the entry for vad_Ghoul 4w MMMF animation with tags that confuses me.

It contains 2 tags related to actor types in the animation: F_FGhoulM_FGhoulM and FGhoulM

Could you explain what you tried to express by declaring those 2 tags. Is it just a mistake?

Edited by Dlinny_Lag

Hi,

There was a fantastic post that spicydoritos made in the combat lite strip mod that made Violate activate on the 6 stack, when you are butt naked.

He has written how to do this ! (thank him very much !)

So i read his instruction and did the changes. all that it left is to compile it.

Thing is if Violate updates do i have to do the changes again each times ?  If yes

I think it would be best for every users to have it in the official Version of Violate if @egoballistic is ok to include it

I think those two mods go well together even more with this change

FPV_OnHit.psc

Thanks you for the help :) (i leave it here because i think a lot of user could benefits from the change)

Edited by tuxagent7
36 minutes ago, tuxagent7 said:

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could compile a psc file for me !

There was a fantastic post that spicydoritos made in the combat lite strip mod that made Violate activate on the 6 stack, when you are butt naked.

He has written how to do this ! (thank him very much !)

So i read his instruction and did the changes. all that it left is to compile it.

Thing is if Violate updates do i have to do the changes again each times ?  If yes

I think it would be best for every users to have it in the official Version of Violate if @egoballistic is ok to include it

I think those two mods go well together even more with this change

FPV_OnHit.psc 63.11 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks you for the help :)

Do it yourself. (not being mean, just teaching you how to fish)

Open the Creation Kit click on Gameplay>>Papyrus Script Manager, find FPV_Onhit>> Right Click on it>> Compile. Ya done.

That is IF you made the changes in the original psc in it's original location.

5 minutes ago, izzyknows said:

Do it yourself. (not being mean, just teaching you how to fish)

I got it already by a fantastic kind soul

I do try to learn a lot and i do a lot of things by myself but with the CK i feel that it's a hard step to do, i tried a lot of times with Skyrim and the results i always had was compile failed missing this and that...

Maybe it's easier in Fallout, i will try someday...

3 hours ago, tuxagent7 said:

if Violate updates do i have to do the changes again each times ?

Generally yes, though most of the time you could probably get by copying your old compiled PEX file back over top the new file as long as you can be sure that the script hasn't changed, that none of the scripts/fragments it depends on haven't changed, and that it hasn't been compiled against a newer version of some other mod's scripts (e.g., if it uses functions defined by AAF).

The safest way to be sure though is to re-edit the source file and recompile it every time you update Violate. I use PapyrusCompiler directly from a command shell so I can easily script it and don't need to pull up the entire CK just to recompile one edited script.