4 hours ago, Omegabrony01 said:

I don't know if I'm just being dumb. I probably messed something up, but I was fighting the Death Claw in Concord after meeting the minute men and my character surrendered. So the mod is working, but nothing happens after my player character hops out of the power armor. I also have the same problem with Dogmeat with SEU where nothing happens after completing the dialog tree. I'm a little confused on what is and isn't working.

Sounds like you don't have the proper animations installed. Can you play the dog & deathclaw scenes manually? You can also look at the AAF admin and see what error it causes, probably error 4.. just guessing.

6 hours ago, izzyknows said:

Sounds like you don't have the proper animations installed. Can you play the dog & deathclaw scenes manually? You can also look at the AAF admin and see what error it causes, probably error 4.. just guessing.

Not sure how to play the animations manually. I thought AAF would pop up in the MCM, which it hasn't even though it's installed. I know AAF is just a framework but some framework mods for skyrim are in the mcm, like more nasty critters.

15 minutes ago, Omegabrony01 said:

Not sure how to play the animations manually. I thought AAF would pop up in the MCM, which it hasn't even though it's installed. I know AAF is just a framework but some framework mods for skyrim are in the mcm, like more nasty critters.

Press the Home key to bring up AAF.

On 8/11/2021 at 5:24 PM, EgoBallistic said:

IIRC the idea was to indicate that one or more ferals were involved in the animation.  This allows the script that received the OnAnimationStart event to only check for that single tag, instead of every permutation of F_FeralGhoulM, F_FeralGhoulM_FeralGhouLM, etc.  But I didn't apply it to every feral animation because... of some reason I forget now.

I guess I've found the real reason. It looks like a mistype.

Original:

<tag position="vad_Ghoul 4w MMMF" tags="Vader,F_FGhoulM_FGhoulM,FGhoulM,NoFurn,Aggressive,...

Fixed:

<tag position="vad_Ghoul 4w MMMF" tags="Vader,F_FGhoulM_FGhoulM_FGhoulM,NoFurn,Aggressive,...

Underscore instead of comma.  F_FGhoulM_FGhoulM_FGhoulM tag conforms actors defined for animation.

Here is the fixed file:

AAF_Violate_Creature_tagData.xml

Regarding to ferals detection. I've not found any code for their detection. Anyway, it is the one of problems that I intend to solve by my upcoming F4SE plugin.

7 hours ago, Dlinny_Lag said:

Regarding to ferals detection. I've not found any code for their detection. Anyway, it is the one of problems that I intend to solve by my upcoming F4SE plugin.

Sounds good.  Realistically, there is no point in tags like F_FGhoulM_FGhoulM_FGhoulM.  There is no efficient way to use them and it's much simpler to get each actor's race from the event parameters - e.g., in OnAnimationStart,

Actor[] actors = Utility.VarToVarArray(akArgs[1]) as Actor[]
7 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

there is no point in tags like F_FGhoulM_FGhoulM_FGhoulM

Agreed, this makes sense as all information can be obtained from animation directly. Implementation will be a bit complicated, but it is not a problem.

AAF uses "skeleton" value to link animation's actor and his race and I suspect that race itself insignificant, but "skeleton" has matter. Amount of possible races can be much larger than amount of skeletons, so it would be easier to base detection algorithm on skeleton, rather than on race.

And a question to you as a person who had a thinking about it.

What way you would prefer to define "skeleton" type? by string constant or by integer constant?

From my point of view integer values would work faster in Papyrus script, but probably there are other opinions.

Edited by Dlinny_Lag
3 hours ago, Dlinny_Lag said:

Agreed, this makes sense as all information can be obtained from animation directly. Implementation will be a bit complicated, but it is not a problem.

AAF uses "skeleton" value to link animation's actor and his race and I suspect that race itself insignificant, but "skeleton" has matter. Amount of possible races can be much larger than amount of skeletons, so it would be easier to base detection algorithm on skeleton, rather than on race

The skeleton is important since hkx files move the skeleton bones to animate the actor.  Each AAF animation definition has an optional "Skeleton" attribute, which defaults to "Human".  AAF uses the racedata XML to map each race to a skeleton name in order to determine what animations are available for it. 

Note however that this skeleton name is just a label used by AAF and is not related to the race's actual skeleton.  For example, both Deathclaw and Gulper meshes use the same skeleton, but the AAF XML use different skeleton names for them to allow animations to apply to only one of the two races.

3 hours ago, Dlinny_Lag said:

And a question to you as a person who had a thinking about it.

What way you would prefer to define "skeleton" type? by string constant or by integer constant?

From my point of view integer values would work faster in Papyrus script, but probably there are other opinions.

Obviously integer comparisons are much more efficient than string comparisons.  But I don't know what your goal is, or what you mean by "detection algorithm", so it is difficult to answer.

Not sure if this is a bug or I'm just reading it wrong.

I was over at the Revere Satellite Array (close to where the robot and caravan are) with aggro on one Super Mutant and two Mutant Hounds. In Violate the setting "Only combatants can be violators" is set to the default On and exhaustion at 8.

To cut a long story short the mutant caught me with a couple of Molotov's and Violate kicked in. Although I had only three aggro'd I noticed that all the other Mutants in the base came over for some fun as well, though they were not in the original fight or showing red on the HUD.

So does that setting cover the whole group of enemies whether or not engaged in the combat?

1 hour ago, Slorm said:

To cut a long story short the mutant caught me with a couple of Molotov's and Violate kicked in. Although I had only three aggro'd I noticed that all the other Mutants in the base came over for some fun as well, though they were not in the original fight or showing red on the HUD.

So does that setting cover the whole group of enemies whether or not engaged in the combat?

When you surrender, Violate first fills an alias called ClosestEnemy with the closest NPC that you are directly in combat with.

Then, it tries to fill a ref collection alias called Enemies which has the conditions:

- has loaded 3D

- is in combat OR the "only combatants can be violators" setting is OFF

- is hostile to the player

- is not hostile to ClosestEnemy OR "allow mutually hostile aggressors"  is ON

I bet those extra Mutants were aggroed to something other than you, and therefore technically in combat, so they got pulled in.  A lot of the Mutants at Revere are way up high, so they have great sight lines and aggro on everything in the area like the settlers at the nearby settlement, gunners in that field nearby, etc.

So, technically it's a bug, but trying to fix it is problematic.  Limiting the Enemies to NPCs who are directly in combat with the player could miss some NPCs who are in combat with your followers/allies, and making a "in combat with the player or their followers/allies" condition requires a script, and that would tank performance.

23 minutes ago, oblivionfs said:

Is violate supposed to play a series of animations, or just a single one per assault? It seems to be picking at random and playing some from in the middle of animation sequences.

It picks scenes "at random" which satisfy particular tags, but it will draw from all the appropriately tagged animations you have installed. If you don't want mods to utilize unstaged scenes, remove their XMLs and potentially replace them with staged equivalents (some of the animation patch mods like Indarello's or UAP do this, I believe).

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not but easily reproducible (thinking about it as I write this I can see why it's there so not a bug).

I noticed that if fitted with DD restraints any keys the pc has is removed by the Raider, but when you kill the Raider it also has keys (1 Chastity and 1 Restraint) so the pc's count of the keys keeps growing.

Why does this matter, well there is not a mechanism for key destruct on use like in Skyrim, so in effect the pc just accumulates more and more keys. They also cannot be stored unlike Handcuff keys which are Misc items.

I use SA myself so at present I use the console to manually destroy a key if I ever need to use one, but I can see why they may be necessary for a player dependent on them as I'm not sure they spawn in game any other way. But as they do not destruct the same applies after getting a set as they have infinite usage.

I was wondering, if it's possible for a toggle to stop the keys spawning (sorry, I've rambled a bit with this one).

2 minutes ago, Slorm said:

I was wondering, if it's possible for a toggle to stop the keys spawning (sorry, I've rambled a bit with this one).

Hmm, that makes sense.  I can check whether the aggressor already has keys in their inventory (as they would if they robbed you) and only add one if none is found.

DD devices do support a "DestroyKey" property which will cause the key used to open them to be destroyed, but using that is a bit more work as there is no simple way for a script to set the property when equipping a device.  Violate would need to find all the devices on the actor and set the property on each individually.  I'll look into making that an option, though, as it would make getting restrained in DDs more interesting.

14 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

Hmm, that makes sense.  I can check whether the aggressor already has keys in their inventory (as they would if they robbed you) and only add one if none is found.

DD devices do support a "DestroyKey" property which will cause the key used to open them to be destroyed, but using that is a bit more work as there is no simple way for a script to set the property when equipping a device.  Violate would need to find all the devices on the actor and set the property on each individually.  I'll look into making that an option, though, as it would make getting restrained in DDs more interesting.

Unfortunately the FO4 version of DD is very basic, in Skyrim you can set the key to break in the MCM in the DD framework. Not sure if the same type of break mechanism exists in the FO4 version but would be a simpler way to handle it (i.e. key use automatically breaks key). This would just need a condition on the key rather than it interacting with specific devices.

The problem with this approach is that it would also need a mechanism for the pc to find (or make) keys or make them a lot cheaper from the Kimy NPC, otherwise the pc will be permanently bound unless they use a mod like SA or one of the follower mods.

Bug Report

I thought I'd noticed this before but have definite proof as I got lucky.

Lost all my stuff in BADTFL and on recovery ended up with 3 Tinker Tom Specials rather than just the one I started with. At a guess I think I looted a couple of Hunting Rifles (which TTS is a derivative) and it's lost track of what I had exactly. Inventory screenie below

Spoiler

ScreenShot39.jpg.b74d34cebac79c07c4912d51844a5dff.jpg

EDIT:

@EgoBallistic

I'll add this here rather than a separate message.

I had a very bad run in with the Forged who nicked all my stuff. It will be a long long time until I'm at a level to take them on (with all the fire damage - I hate those things) and as the Robbery will only fire once until it's cleared means that when I acquire new gear I can no longer be robbed.

Is there a way to abandon the gear that was stolen via console?

Might be a useful additional switch in the Debug menu for events like these (or add a toggleable timer). It's not for everyone as some players get really attached to their gear for some reason, so best left as an option I would have thought

Edited by Slorm
3 hours ago, pp2233 said:

hi. there was a problem with the fact that when they put on collars from Real Handcuffs an error occurs with trying put on harness from dd. does we have any way to change order? also have a problem with order plugs/belts. 

This problem arises even without RH, since DD devices tend to get applied in a random order by various mods you'll frequently see one or more devices fail to get equipped and just wind up dumped into your inventory. Also sometimes, and I can't figure out why, when a mod tries to lock you into a device you get the dialogue you would see if you were equipping it on yourself (where it gives you the option to manipulate the locks, et cetera).

7 hours ago, pp2233 said:

i attach fix. If you need it, you can just replace Scripts/FPV_OnHit.pex.

Please don’t post patches without asking permission first. 

Also, you should install the DD compatibility option from Real Handcuffs.  It changes the cuffs to use the same slots as DD hand restraints, so they won't conflict with vaginal plugs / vibrators.  And it adds DD keywords to all the restraints so they will be detected properly.

My Violate frequently (but not always) leave the player stuck in 'dead' pose on the floor after AAF scenes complete, Unable to move, open pipboy etc. Player does have some HP, like 25 % ish, more than the surrender threshold. Stuckness persists after hostiles leave or stop being hostile.

EPC command doesnt seem to do anything. In ufocam i can still look around.

I have knockout framework installed but disabled for player. I have sexual harassment installed, but have set it to disable knockdown pose.

Papyrus log is so full of warnings im not even sure what to look for :)

Any troubleshooting tips or commands i can use to get unstuck?

Hey all, can't seem to get the mod to show up in MCM. Tried vcheck patcher and got the same thing. Thought it might have been the fact that I loaded the mod into a mid-game save, but when I did the "coc RedrocketExt" from main menu test environment and had the same problem.

When I run off and go get killed it doesn't seem to trigger, so as far as I can tell the whole mod isn't doing anything.

Pretty sure I installed it right and have been running other mods with the same dependencies without issue, so I'm kind of stumped. Anything else I should check?

1904638387_aafviolatenodice.thumb.JPG.5142d86c33b7fbeda255fbdd94d9c577.JPG

16 minutes ago, emwolf94 said:

Hey all, can't seem to get the mod to show up in MCM. Tried vcheck patcher and got the same thing. Thought it might have been the fact that I loaded the mod into a mid-game save, but when I did the "coc RedrocketExt" from main menu test environment and had the same problem.

When I run off and go get killed it doesn't seem to trigger, so as far as I can tell the whole mod isn't doing anything.

Pretty sure I installed it right and have been running other mods with the same dependencies without issue, so I'm kind of stumped. Anything else I should check?

1904638387_aafviolatenodice.thumb.JPG.5142d86c33b7fbeda255fbdd94d9c577.JPG

Should have waited an extra 10 minutes before posting... If anyone else gets this, here was my issue:

The AAF_Violate.ini in [Main Mod Folder]/AFF_Violate_V1.54 FOMOD/MCM/Settings was weird and only had like 5 lines in it.

I found the version in [Main Mod Folder]\AAF_Violate_V1.54 FOMOD\MCM\Config\AAF_Violate and copy-pasted everything but the [Forewarning] section and it worked like a charm!